PDA

View Full Version : describe irretrievable backpack bug here

greploco
29-02-04, 02:35
what this is: it's not fully described yet

why I posted this: to collect information from people who this has heppend to

what happend to me: died, gr'd, clicked on retrieve backpac, the message saying that stuff would be put in my inventory did occur but oddly enough I was not charged. I clicked on retrieve backpack a ton more times only to get the message saying there is no backpack.

however --- I lucked out big time. I stayed where I was and after about five minutes the stuff just appeared in my inventory. zoning from plaza 2 to plaza 1 might have helped speed the updating of my inventory.

for a full five minutes I thought I had lost all my nifty toys. very uncool.

I thought this was a fluke -- but it seems it's happening to other people as well.

please describe if this has happened to you.

-=Bl@de=-
29-02-04, 02:37
*Reads spikeownzu thread*

Willgamte
29-02-04, 02:39
Originally posted by greploco
what this is: it's not fully described yet

why I posted this: to collect information from people who this has heppend to

what happend to me: died, gr'd, clicked on retrieve backpac, the message saying that stuff would be put in my inventory did occur but oddly enough I was not charged. I clicked on retrieve backpack a ton more times only to get the message saying there is no backpack.

however --- I lucked out big time. I stayed where I was and after about five minutes the stuff just appeared in my inventory. zoning from plaza 2 to plaza 1 might have helped speed the updating of my inventory.

for a full five minutes I thought I had lost all my nifty toys. very uncool.

I thought this was a fluke -- but it seems it's happening to other people as well.

please describe if this has happened to you.

About the same happend to me, but I only had to wait about one minute for my backpack to appear. I didn't zone, I didn't relogg, heck I was too shocked to even move. I just stood there and all of a sudden it magicly appeared in my inv :D . It was a long minute, jeez...8|

greploco
29-02-04, 02:39
spikes thread has a lot of chatter, and spikes thread isn't the only one of this sort. I'm trying to make a place to focus the information --- if this is a real new bug it's a very unhappy one. I'm just trying to help.

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 03:02
Now this guy I like. He sensible.

Anyway. This may sound dumb, but have you tried relogging and trying all the back pack retrieval methods?

edit// reread thread like a good person, see all is fine. A little prodding usually helps.
I have had this bug occationally, I think it is linked to the no-items-no-skills-on-log-in bug.

Superbron
19-03-04, 16:24
Hi,

Same thing happpened to me except for the fact that my inventory wasn't restored! I lost my SF and some other stuff last night and still haven't got it back. This really sucks!

Greetz

applejuice
19-03-04, 16:30
exactly the same thing happend to me about 2 weeks after beginning of retail ... lost everything of weapons, chips etc etc .. never got anything back ... ever ...

so it isnt a "new" bug :)

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 16:32
um .. i swear you posted the exact same thing like a month ago ... :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 16:36
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
um .. i swear you posted the exact same thing like a month ago ... :rolleyes:

i lose a 5 slot rare every wekk.... i dont understand why KK dont replace them!!!1!1!1oneoneone

heh....

i dunno what that was about really O_o just seemed like an amusing thing to say (im not accusing anyone of anything btw...)

Glok
19-03-04, 16:44
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
um .. i swear you posted the exact same thing like a month ago ... :rolleyes: Look at the date on the first post. ;)