PDA

View Full Version : Root of the problem (idea, new cave) [not a problem, an idea but the ideas name is..)

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 01:43
Ok anyone who's done the gave's or the chaos cave's will know, once you reach the end there's one boss mob that you kill and that's it..

But what if that was not it, I think maybe once you kill the boss mob a door should open up leading deeper down, deeper toward's the root of the problem (hence the thread name)

The idea is to add another level to the cave system's already in place, but also to stop people just skipping killing the boss mob, the use door would be covered untill you kill the boss mob, maybe make the boss mob drop somthing that is used to open the door..

Each cave's "root of the problem" would be diffrent, high level content, filled with baby queen's of the same type as the boss mob, also filled with egg sacks and other such spawn point's... the young royalty would range in level from anything from 15/15 upto 95/95, also ranging is size, with the same attack's as the boss mob..

The root of the problem areas would be hard to just survive in, with many mob's, mostly just swarm's of mid level and some high level ones, also would be layed out like a maze, there would also only be one root of the problem for each boss mob type, with it linking to each and every one of the cave's that carry's a boss mob of that type..

Swamp cave's root of the problem could be entirely underwater, same with the worm tunnel's, while other's might have damage zone's which will cause large damage if you stand in them too long (lava, radioactive goo, ect..)

Now the idea is that each could have somwhere in it a bit of the old world, a relic that you can go see, stand next to and have a screenshot taken ect, maybe it's hard to see or find..

Also, the root of the problem cave's would be in a constant state of spawn, so you can't clear it out, they just keep comming..

One more thing, I'd make the door's into the root of the problem, one way only. So once you head in you've got to go deeper to find your way out...

A simmilar idea could be done for lower level mob's like spider's of rat's, cave's that spawn higher level stuff the deeper you get into them, with a last load door leading to some realy nasty mob's..

So what ya thinK

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 01:45
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH i like it.

I like it alot. Could use some tweaks, but yea I like the overall idea. Your first idea that I like. :D

5 star

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 01:50
I'm sure you liked some of my older idea's...

Dark cave's, longer caves.... oh I'm sure there's more than one that you liked...

Glok
29-02-04, 01:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I like it alot. Could use some tweaks, but yea I like the overall idea. Your first idea that I like. :DSame. Good idea. Lately your ideas have been those of a drug addict, Q. No offense. :p

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 02:05
Originally posted by Glok
Same. Good idea. Lately your ideas have been those of a drug addict, Q. No offense. :p

Can't help it if I'm on drug's and want to have a good idea..

And I'm not addicted, and they are legal, and they are perscribed by doc...

Now enough of me, my idea is good... It's basicly an updated rip of my dark caves idea I had a while back, with some new idea's I had recently and tweaked, the ever spawning is a nice touch I think, maybe somthing happen's if you stay in there too long, like the lower level stuff stop's spawning and boss mob's start comming out of the walls...

Just to teach the camper a lesson on camping.. :lol:

Sleawer
29-02-04, 02:41
I like the idea a lot.

In the last level of the "root of the problem" you could place 3 different paths to take with a different boss mob at the end of each.

Also the last levels should have really high level mobs, and the boss could be some kind of epic mob very hard to take down (by entire teams).

To exit the cave you wouldn't need to go through all levels either, as taking the door back would place you at the entrance on the wastes. That way the previous levels could be re-spawned after everyone is in the next.

5 starts

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 02:51
I like the idea of a epic mob. But make it difficult in a fun unique way. Not just "haha i kill you in 2 hits" cheesy way.

Maybe a teleporting mob that only appears after you kill all it's minions, then it teleports away again.

Or perhaps a super fast moving mob that is extremely difficult to hit and immune to paralysis.

Or how about a mob that changes immunities to resists. So you need a DIVERSE team of strong attackers with different types of attacks, to kill it.

Sleawer
29-02-04, 03:05
or a mob that sometimes does a special attack that sends you two zones away... :p
Or all what you said and more things to make it fun.

Yea I agree, epic mobs shouldn't mean "I kill you in two hits yadayada" like the MC-5 mofos.

Valkyrie
29-02-04, 03:09
It shouldn't be infinite mobs, that would be like a permenant xp farm. It should be a farm, and a long lasting one, but clearable. And since you have cleared the route of the problem, when you leave the cave should take longer to reset.

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 03:40
Originally posted by Sleawer
or a mob that sometimes does a special attack that sends you two zones away... :p
Or all what you said and more things to make it fun.

Yea I agree, epic mobs shouldn't mean "I kill you in two hits yadayada" like the MC-5 mofos.

Yea, how about you have to kill the mob in a certain time or you get teleported away to another zone.

maybe make the mobs cast buffs on themselves and their minions.

PsiCorps
29-02-04, 04:12
maybe a type of "gauntlet" where you walk into the deeper and clear a small run of mobs then a boss, then like 4 more bosses to unveil the heart of the dungeon, which you need to destroy in a certain time limit while mobs are spawning.

[edit] Id love to see a Melee mob above 2 chevs tbh, maybe a teleporting melee guy, who summons mobs then teleports next to you

Disturbed021
29-02-04, 04:19
5 stars.
I'm all for more depth to the "been there done that 50+ times" leveling spots.

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:05
Like the idea, but you shouldnt have to clear out both levels to reset the cave I think, I know you didn't say that you did just pointing that out. Also the swamp caves and worm tunnels under water? You can't use weapons under there, apart from melee, not really sure about the melee though, unless you mean the type of water think in Gaya mines. I still voted yes though.

Keiron
29-02-04, 05:11
I love it, 5 stars.

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 05:55
Originally posted by El Barto
Like the idea, but you shouldnt have to clear out both levels to reset the cave I think, I know you didn't say that you did just pointing that out. Also the swamp caves and worm tunnels under water? You can't use weapons under there, apart from melee, not really sure about the melee though, unless you mean the type of water think in Gaya mines. I still voted yes though.

I'm talking about water logged tunnel's with a few dry bit's where you can form up and take shot's, but the idea is somwhere for melee to shine... Also be tense, try and make it down that long mob filled tunnel, knowing your buff's might run out and you'd not be rezzable since the PPU could not target you without being in the water...

Also the idea is that "the root of the problem" is not an extra cave on it's own, but an extra load door at the end of the exsisting caves...

And there would only be one for each type of boss mob, with all boss mob caves of that type leading to the same root of the problem area..

The idea is that the place is full of spawn's that keep comming, but they start out low and build up to boss mob's, in the end no team could beat them all at once, it's not be any cheesy one hit kill mob's either.. They'd be mini boss mob's each, though without the speacil loot, the goal when you get in is to get out, as the way out is diffrent from the way's in...

The root of the problem could also be used as a basis for other cave's and such, starting out low and building up as people kill, when you leave the root of the problem you can't get back in untill you kill a boss mob of that type and get the "key" for that RotP... Once your inside you have to fight though mob's that keep getting harder till your facing thing's that are almost as hard as boss mob's and with the same attack and damage types, think what a few 50/50 chaos queen's would be like to fight.. these would be young version's opf the boss mob's so no boss mob loot, though maybe give them lower TL simmilar type loot..

The idea is that it get's harder not because the mob's are insta killing you, it'd get harder as the mob's are growing in number's, and just keep spawning, all while your trying to find the exit, in what could be made like a maze, even maybe with trapdoor's that force you to take a long way around to get back and try the other tunnel, with very little light in them as well, so they feel dark and cramped at time's, at other's you should feel like you can't see the roof of the place and feel the darkness cover's so many nastys....

The idea is at the end, you get to see somthing from before WW3, and you get to flee before the mob's kill you, which by this point 100/100 mini boss mob's should be spawning..

This idea does not containt any extra high level weapon's, spell's or armor, just a deeper cave, wich try;s to kill you with number's not power..

////////

Guy's, this is not an idea for a new epic mob, though it could be used to do such, it's all about mass spawn's and I'm talking number' s here.. Nothing you can't kill if they come three of five at a time, but have them come in waves of 10 or so...

Also the idea is that you can NOT clear this place, the idea is the spawn's just keep comming, even have dead thing's despawn instanly to save a little grafix.. So the idea is you head in, start fighting and the spawn's don't stop, and keep getting harder and harder as you go deeper, AND the only way out is to go deeper to the exit, since there's no way out the way you came in...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Who voted no btw? and why did you not like the idea, since feedback is what I use to improve my other idea's, if you don't give feedback, well I don't care about what you think if you don't give feedback..

jernau
29-02-04, 06:15
Not bad, sounds like a lot of other ideas (undoubtedly including your own).

The biggest problem I see is that is too likely that people will find ways to camp/exploit such a rich hunting ground.

Considering how quickly KK shut down the Underground City because of the Scorp respawn which wasn't even that great IMO I doubt they would go for it.

Certainly we need more and varied caves for high-end XP though.

Personally I'd rather see some mid-level caves with end-mobs dropping non-CSTable TL40-50 items as there is nothing like that in-game atm.

btw - I think it's meant to be gas in Gaia, not water.

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 07:24
Originally posted by jernau
Personally I'd rather see some mid-level caves with end-mobs dropping non-CSTable TL40-50 items as there is nothing like that in-game atm.

I'd love to see some mid level dark caves, so much of this game is for high level's...

Trouble is, when mid level content is added high level people complain there's nothing to do when capped, even though there might be..

Anyway you could camp it, if your team could stand up aganst 6+ 110/110 mob's using bossmob type attacks (chaos queen juvy doing fire/perice, Bat queen juvy doing posion/fire)... It's not insta kill attack's, but even a capped PPU running holy heal santum and holy heal would not outheal that... So people might find way's to exploit it, but note, there'd be no safe places, mob's would spawn everywhere, even behind you/in front of you....

You could not camp near the entrance as you'd still have to fight your way out, working though a mazelike tunnel system.. You'd not be able to camp the exit, because once you leave you can't get back in that way either.... So basicaly if you can go toe to toe with many 110/110 mob's without any cover you might be able to exploit it.. but chances are you can't...

Opar
29-02-04, 11:27
Yeah, all ideas are teh pwnz =P

CarniFlex
29-02-04, 12:29
I like this idea alot.

Gaia mine could use a boost like this idea to make it more fun... so could the gaia mine entrance near nemesis lab especially since its totally deserted.

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 14:18
Oh did I mention that TRotP would be near lightless, a realy dark place to be, just to make it's mazelike quality's more apparent, and bring a sence of panic to people as they finaly figure out they've been walking in circles for the last ten minutes...

Also..

The floor would have an extra layer a few feet above it, your leg's would clip though this layer, but even when crouched you'd not be able to see under it.. kinda like your walking though mush and can't see though it... This is for the atmosphere.. it's not a nice place to be, the place where boss mob's come to be..

L0KI
29-02-04, 14:29
excellent idea. YES and 5 stars ;)