PDA

View Full Version : "Secret Skill"

Ixholla
28-02-04, 21:23
Over the last couple weeks I've been hearing more and more about this "Secret Skill" which I think's a bunch of bull.

Does anyone know about this supposed skill?

If so someone post some details please.

Invertigo
28-02-04, 21:24
its just the sixth stat...

can only level with by doing missions..and it does exist...do alot of missions and youll hear the sound of a level up but youll look and it doesnt show u level anything, but your rank will be higher

Ixholla
28-02-04, 21:28
And the STAT is?

lol

alig
28-02-04, 21:37
"Secret" stat....it is true...this does exsist, go do 4 aggie missions from 0/2 and after the 4th one you will hear the 'dinga ling' noise, somewhere in between 750xp and 1000xp lies a level up point.....

Only this doesnt work with absolutely everyone, and i can garantee that...just take a look at my capped con tanks rank...he has done 8 epics and the missions to get to each of the 8 factions plus god knows how many missions from when ive had bad sl, so dont be surprised if this dont work with you [i also have a melee tank that has done 4 epics and hasnt had a single lvl of any of them, maybe its just me....tanks dont work for me...and my melee is on a seperate account so its bullshit]....though this has worked for all of my other chars [pe's/monk's]....that ppu on saturn is base 96 psi and 87 int with 1 epic done...my melee is /61 with 4 epics and base 94 str and 86 con....bullshit. :(

Ixholla
28-02-04, 21:44
Kind of allot to go thru just to hear a "Ding" isn't it?

Does it actually change anything? Can you see a Noticeble Rank
Change after it?

Anything?

ezza
28-02-04, 21:49
ok i done a mission other day when i wasgetting out of red SL, i didnt level up anything cos im capped.

but i heard a ding, looked at myrank and i had gone from xx/67 to xx/68

SPIKE (pluto)
28-02-04, 21:54
Ive only ever seen it once, and assumed it a bug, doesnt appear to do anything so i wouldnt worry about it

ezza
28-02-04, 21:58
Originally posted by SPIKE (pluto)
Ive only ever seen it once, and assumed it a bug, doesnt appear to do anything so i wouldnt worry about it ive had quite a few dings, ive done a lot of missions, and a number of epics.

ive seen zoneseeks tank on saturn, think hes done all epics and has rank of /72

my own tanks rank would be /69 if it wasnt for the heart.

think the base rank for the classes is proberbly 60 without imps etc so you couldnt get that fight without the 6th stat dings i dont recon

Myrlin
28-02-04, 22:45
I can only imagine the Devs sitting back and reading the forums.

<Dev 1> OMG did you see that thread about the secret skill?
<Dev 2> Yeah, they hear some random ding and they decide there must be some magic hidden skill they can level up. What n00bs.
<Dev 1> Hey lets make it happen more often and confuse the hell out of them :P

alig
28-02-04, 22:50
The thing is, you do get ranks from it...im 100% sure coz i watched it with my own eyeballs...just not for any of my tanks.

maggotcorpse
28-02-04, 22:54
Secret Skill = Drom Sex Skill ... Or why do you think the poor Droms were sexed so much??

(Ok ... those Drom Things begin to suck :D )

SamuraiPizzaCat
28-02-04, 22:55
I dont think its a 6th stat.
It might be that you "overcap" your stats without getting the level.
My tank on pluto was 58/67** when I deleted him with no imps.o_O

Vid Gamer
28-02-04, 23:15
It's there and it varies for differ people. Like alig said, his Tank is only /63 but my Tank (when I cap CON) will be around /71.

I've seen Tanks have a base rank of /73. 8|

amfest
28-02-04, 23:21
I've seen Tanks have a base rank of /73

they are using a cyberheart with con drug :p

j/k yea I"ve heard the ding also but have never looked at my rank I just always assumed it was the wrong sound kicking in when i complete a mission. Just like when you complete a mission by giving the items to a npc and it'd make the poison plant sound . .. umm does it still do that ;)

Elric
29-02-04, 00:49
Originally posted by amfest
when you complete a mission by giving the items to a npc and it'd make the poison plant sound . .. umm does it still do that ;)

yea, it does.

Kasumi
29-02-04, 00:50
I dont honestly think there is a sixth "stat" line it is probably a bug or something.. :)

kbmg
29-02-04, 00:56
Ive heard and seen it to while doing recycling missions and i saw the rank increase i just assumed it was my own falty memory/imagination.

and im no were near capped it was like 1/9 to 1/10

S a W
29-02-04, 01:03
my rank went up after doing a couple of epics, wuwu

Rade
29-02-04, 01:05
I have /72 on Rade, its just from doing missions, got 9 completed
epics or somesuch. So its definately there in some form.

•Super|\|ova•
29-02-04, 01:49
Originally posted by Kasumi
I dont honestly think there is a sixth "stat" line it is probably a bug or something.. :)

Bugs? In Neocron??? Nooooooooo...

ezza
29-02-04, 02:20
with all imps out im base skill of about /64 or /65 cant remember of top of head.

with out any epics or missions done, you looking at proberbly /60 for the base, so there is something happening.

only done about 3 or 4 epics, so might start doing the other epics soon to see what happens

retr0n
29-02-04, 03:22
My spy on pluto was /54 when i decided to go do some epics.

* missions for protopharm
* protopharm epic
* missions for biotech
* biotech epic
* missions for tg to get back into faction

after my epic runs i was rank /59 without leveling in a single main stat.

heard the "ding'a'ling" loads of times.

g0rt
29-02-04, 03:37
some chars get a secret skill, some dont

it seems either bugged or trheres some way to "open" up these secret levels on ur char, and i dont know how

some examples:

my tank, done all epics, /72. hes also done his fair share of missions to rid SL loss. without implants hes /66.

my pe, done 5 epics, TONS and TONS of missions for SL (my oldest saturn char) and hes /65 with a SA. without implants hes /60, definately bugged char...NEVER gotten a secret level.

my rifle pe, done 2 epics, no missions hardly....hes /67 without a SA....not sure without imps but im thinking /63 or so

its a wierd things. some chars have it, some dont. i remember when i capped PSI on my saturn apu, she was /63. not acceptable rank for a capped char in my opinion with a DS, so i set out to do some epics, after completing 4 epics iwas /67. not a bugged char

can i explain it? no....

all i know is if u do an epic for the first time, and MULTIPLE times you hear the leveling "ding" after completing a single mission of hte epic, and NOTHING actually LEVELED, you have a char able ot get secret levels. if not, you don't

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 03:39
The sekrat skill is different for each class. For example, PEs can utilize their 6th stat points to use Dragonpunch. You need to charge it up, then unleash it. It's a close range attack in which the pe jumps into the air with an uppercut motion and #)&$)# people up. And he shouts "SHO-RYU-KEN"

Rade
29-02-04, 04:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
The sekrat skill is different for each class. For example, PEs can utilize their 6th stat points to use Dragonpunch. You need to charge it up, then unleash it. It's a close range attack in which the pe jumps into the air with an uppercut motion and #)&$)# people up. And he shouts "SHO-RYU-KEN"

Which brings me to the next point, kids, dont smoke crack.

Elric
29-02-04, 04:55
or play StreetFighter to obsessive levels either.

/me goes to look for SNes....

El Barto
29-02-04, 04:56
There is a 6th stat I hear it some times, but its like a normal stat, you won't always get a rank bonus with it. Its how I got my Gen-Tank to xx/72 or xx/71 with a FH2 in.

Duder
29-02-04, 05:01
Originally posted by Rade
Which brings me to the next point, kids, dont smoke crack.

STAY IN SCHOOL, BECOME A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND DONT DO DRUGS KIDS, ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!!

JESUS SAVES AND WE SHOULD ALL LOVE EVERYBODY EXCEPT EVERYONE THAT DO NOT LOVE JESUS AND WORSHIP COWS.

Im guessing some awesome class abilities would be a nice guess.

Strych9
29-02-04, 05:07
My proof:

I levelled my PPU via missions to where EVERY skill was 16.

My rank was /19.

You make the call.

jernau
29-02-04, 06:26
AFAIK KK have never officially commented on what it is. Someone on the volunteer staff (quite probably Reefie) said he was told that the original skill system had 6 lines but then they didn't need one. I have no idea if that's true and I'm not sure who said it now so take it with a large pinch of salt but it doesn't look like KK want to say anything now either so....

Personally I think it's the Sucker Skill. You only get it for doing boring missions that give poopy XP after all (well and ERs now but not originally). Maybe GMs can see it and tell who has too much time on their hands. :p

Archeus
29-02-04, 07:12
Secret skill does nothing except raise your rank.

Do a search on the boards. It used to be active in BETA and had naff skills like being able to breath in the wastelands.

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 07:16
Originally posted by Archeus
Secret skill does nothing except raise your rank.

Do a search on the boards. It used to be active in BETA and had naff skills like being able to breath in the wastelands.

which should realy realy come back..

Hayato
29-02-04, 12:09
might be back in doy as the cerse skill shit

Strych9
29-02-04, 15:25
Originally posted by jernau
Personally I think it's the Sucker Skill. You only get it for doing boring missions that give poopy XP after all (well and ERs now but not originally). Maybe GMs can see it and tell who has too much time on their hands. :p I dunno... its not a sucker skill when you start a newb char, run a few Hard missions, then run tons of Very Hard missions. They give 600 exp per mission. Sure when capped that isnt impressive, but for a newb tank, you can cap Psi and Int in NO time. Spy can cap Psi... etc.

Its REAL handy on a low level character... like I said my newb PPU started out with 16 in each skill. Think about that- thats pretty handy for a newb PPU. ;)

Agent L
29-02-04, 15:33
It is easy to compute.
Dr Quinn has 351 in all visible stats total. She's rank 74. As rank is all stats/5, sum of her all stats including hidden is around 370.
So hidden stat is 19 +/- 5.

I I'd know how rank is rounded (up, down, 5/4 or 4/5) I could narrow error from 10 to 5.

giga191
29-02-04, 15:37
I think you get the little ding sound when your SL goes up significantly ie when a mission is completed

suler
29-02-04, 23:45
ONCE YOU CAP THE SIXTH STAT YOU BECOME A JEDI

Carbonite
01-03-04, 02:03
No you will become master jedi ...

Secret Skill hrhrhrhr very funny.....

ezza
01-03-04, 02:06
trying to throw us off the scent by laughing at the idea.

care to elaborate on what it is then Mr carbonite?

kerdezixe
01-03-04, 02:13
Originally posted by ezza
trying to throw us off the scent by laughing at the idea.

care to elaborate on what it is then Mr carbonite?

I can only imagine the Devs sitting back and reading the forums.

<Dev 1> OMG did you see that thread about the secret skill?
<Dev 2> Yeah, they hear some random ding and they decide there must be some magic hidden skill they can level up. What n00bs.
<Dev 1> Hey lets make it happen more often and confuse the hell out of them :P

g0rt
01-03-04, 02:46
Originally posted by Carbonite
No you will become master jedi ...

Whatever it is, it exists and raises your combat rank through missions/epics that raise ALL skills by XXX points.

Nearly all my capped chars are higher then /60 with all thier implants out, even though its clear that 300 devided by 5 is 60, so in theory any capped char should be /60 without imps.

ServeX
01-03-04, 03:04
my tank can get /77 without drugs.

g0rt
01-03-04, 07:04
Originally posted by ServeX
my tank can get /77 without drugs.

Odd, I heard /75 without drugs was tops....coulda been a rumor tho.

TheGreatMilenko
01-03-04, 07:13
There Are 2 People Fucking On The Back of My Shirt

Just Kidding
BELIEVE IN JESUS!!!

CrazyMan
01-03-04, 09:19
Sure, I think some chars are bugged while the're created so they get a 6th secret skill...I had a tank long time ago on Uranus (rolled him a while back for PE)...he had str 100 con 90, else capped and he was /70 with fh2 zerk3/moveon/marines/pp resistor. I did 3 epics with him and shitloads of missions since it was my first char in the game and I was noob for a while...

Now this never applied to my apu - who is fully capped (less than 10 int levels to go) and has ds (only /64)....

So really strange thing about "this" 6th secret stat...

YoDa-UK
01-03-04, 10:14
A "secret" skill line that KK don't show us, it is there hidden, for whatever reason, maybe a link todo with WoC things that is with BDOY, who knows.

BUT atm all it does is raise your rank, its xp points are based the exact same way as your other skills, each lvl it goes up takes more to reach the next lvl, my tank on pluto, 6 epics done and countless missions "even bp missions to see what rank i could get" and i stopped at /72, i could go higher with ther other 6 epics and more and more missions, but cba.

It does exsist, trust me.

Archeus
01-03-04, 10:17
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
A "secret" skill line that KK don't show us, it is there hidden, for whatever reason, maybe a link todo with WoC things that is with BDOY, who knows.

I already answered the question.

extract
01-03-04, 10:24
you could totally cap youre 6th skill lvl in roughly in 42 years if you did approximately 20 very hard missions per day

get going you chipper outgoin folk

Glok
01-03-04, 10:33
Originally posted by extract
you could totally cap youre 6th skill lvl in roughly in 42 years if you did approximately 20 very hard missions per dayAnd that would give you a rank of xx/80 before imps. oober. :)

Carbonite
01-03-04, 12:36
There is no secret skill... I got this confirmed from the one of the Coders aswell....
hehe this is almost as good as the paladin thing ppl thought they could get for completing all epics :p

extract
01-03-04, 12:41
<-----laughs at all the people who think they know everything

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 12:55
I did the biotech epic yesterday, 2 hours 20 mins, had to wait for a tg to start PKing at MB so that took 10 whole minutes and black lilly was hiding in PP2 otherwise I would of been finished quicker.

During the epic as I completed some of the missions I got the ding but no level in anythign, maybe its cause they're epic missions or it could be that the sound effect for completing a mission is bugged.

ezza
01-03-04, 12:58
There is no secret skill... I got this confirmed from the one of the Coders aswell....
hehe this is almost as good as the paladin thing ppl thought they could get for completing all epics :p well there may not be a secret skill but it does raise your second rank

Sobi
01-03-04, 13:11
There definatly exists something that raises your rank.

A friend o me gets xx/65 with the same setup as i have, although my monk has 3 lvl more int; and i only get xx/63... weird.

Still need the DS, but even if i had it, my rank wouldnt be higher then xx/65. And all with 92 int base and rest cap... yeah great.
So without doing missions I cant reach at least /68 or something similar.

But on the other hand its a nice understatement. ppl dont thing you have that firepower compared to the overall ranking.

Ransom
01-03-04, 13:29
(It's a secret STAT, get it right)

hehe this is almost as good as the paladin thing ppl thought they could get for completing all epics :p
(Which was given as a proposed target by KK before epic runs were released, but then left out)

:D

Ransom

Rade
01-03-04, 13:42
Laugh all you want carbonite. When I came back to neocron last
fall I did 9 epics in a row, and I used missions to swap faction
(like 500 of em in total, mostly roaches, very good target
practice). I got alot of dings and my rank went up alot. Now with
my current setup I am /71 when I should be /66, my "secret skill"
should be 24 +/- 5 (71*5-331 which is my current skill total). Also,
it only takes 2 more skill for me to drop over to rank 72,
suggesting that my "secret skill" is a little higher, maybe 25-27
somewhere.

To get a skill to 24 it takes around 70k exp. When I did the epics i
did approx 300 roach missions and 125 aggie capt missions.

300 * 50 = 15000
125 * 250 = 31 250
9 epics = approx 36000

total 82250

Then Ive done a bunch of missions when I was a noob as well,
and some stray missions here and there, so say 90k, which is
what It would take to get to 25-27 somewhere.

These numbers all match up way too good for this to be a
coincidence.

PS carb, the paladin thing was promised by KK when they first
talked about epics, why is it strange that the players thought it
would be implemented?

Carbonite
01-03-04, 13:45
ya but was it put it in ?!?!? (btw i think KK would have said if it was implented) - some started a rumor that they where and suddently way over half of the community thought it was there...

There are no secret stat or skill... but by all means if you wanna think there is go for it :p
Just dont complain if we cant help you guys when we get help Requests about it :p

Glok
01-03-04, 13:46
Then there is a secret bug. ;)

Carbonite
01-03-04, 13:47
Originally posted by Glok
See that i would belive =p hrhr

retr0n
01-03-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Glok

Havent you learned yet. Neocron has no bugs, only features. ;)

Jeros82
01-03-04, 13:52
So it's a hidden feature....

at least it's hidden :lol:

Rade
01-03-04, 13:53
carb, I dont think anyone implied that theres a secret skill that
does something. But that there is a bug that act like you have a
6th stat line that can level up and is calculated into your skill rank.

Carbonite
01-03-04, 13:58
But thats where your wrong Rade.. Cause ppl thought KK put that secret Skill/Stat there.. (and not as a bug)

Glok
01-03-04, 14:01
Yeh. People swore up and down there was an actual, intended to be there, sixth stat line. Just the fact that many chars don't get skillrank increases from missions (alig's tank is one) should point to bug.

It's a goddamn cool bug tho. :D

Rade
01-03-04, 14:11
oki, looks like we're agreeing then.

der Ed
01-03-04, 14:36
Maybe it was removed one day, and old chars still have that 6th skill.

ezza
01-03-04, 14:42
Originally posted by der Ed
Maybe it was removed one day, and old chars still have that 6th skill. hmm dunno, cos my tank that i use now was made 2-4 months after start of retail and hesrank 68 atm

im asuming chars like alig was start of retail char so not sure its down to that

der Ed
01-03-04, 14:47
hmm dunno, cos my tank that i use now was made 2-4 months after start of retail and hesrank 68 atm

im asuming chars like alig was start of retail char so not sure its down to that

That's a rather old char, I'd say. Would be interesting if that exists on new chars (created these days), too.

Elric
01-03-04, 14:52
Originally posted by der Ed
That's a rather old char, I'd say. Would be interesting if that exists on new chars (created these days), too.

It does.

Lots of unexplained Dings on mine too, I reroll ... er... shall we say.. quite regularly :D

Glok
01-03-04, 14:53
Hm, let's see, my new monk.

71 int, 20 str, 45 con, 35 dex, 84 psi, psi core (10), exp psi 3 (5), attack 2+3(5)=275 / 5 = 55. Actual skillrank = 55. Well, at least my new monk ain't bugged. :(:(

Have done loads of missions, but no epics.

El_MUERkO
01-03-04, 15:19
Raid I get 66/70 with a very similar setup to you, you use 1 diffrent chip to my setup (since we talked last) which gives you extra Int.

I've done 4/5 epics and the missions required to change so I'm thinking the extra 1 to your rank is from the extra int.

jernau
01-03-04, 16:03

The Paladin thing is documented here (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=56).

As not all the epics are in yet there are no Paladin's. I see no mystery in that.

Wrt the stat - until I see an explanation that better matches the evidence my position remains sceptical but leaning towards the "6th stat" theory. An outright denial of a phenomena so many people have seen first hand is clearly at least partially untrue. If it isn't a sixth stat it is something that passes a Turing Test for one.

Whatever it is it's still in-game - my <1 month old APU got several levels through it when levelling.

Kasumi
01-03-04, 16:08
The Paladin thing is documented here (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=56).

As not all the epics are in yet there are no Paladin's. I see no mystery in that.

Wrt the stat - until I see an explanation that better matches the evidence my position remains sceptical but leaning towards the "6th stat" theory. An outright denial of a phenomena so many people have seen first hand is clearly at least partially untrue. If it isn't a sixth stat it is something that passes a Turing Test for one.

Whatever it is it's still in-game - my <1 month old APU got several levels through it when levelling.

I just did about 40 hard missions with my droner and didnt get one level of this suppose "Sixth" stat line, I have howerver gained rank for just doing and epic... :) I dont believe there is a 6 stat line, it probably an over looked bug..

jernau
01-03-04, 16:16
Originally posted by Kasumi
I just did about 40 hard missions with my droner and didnt get one level of this suppose "Sixth" stat line, I have howerver gained rank for just doing and epic... :) I dont believe there is a 6 stat line, it probably an over looked bug..

Levelling PSI on a spy with recycyling missions yesterday - capped STR/CON - millions to go on INT/DEX so no levels there to get. I got 4 "bong" noises between 14 and 15 PSI including the one that took me up a level. The third one increased my rank.

xkorpio
01-03-04, 16:18

What we have here?

Neocron Urban Legend... (NUL)

Like the one about BDoY being released... no, wait, that's true...

*deletes from his notebook "BDoY" from NUL's list*

~Drav~
01-03-04, 16:36
My tank is all capped but at 98 CON, I did missions the other day to get neg SL up, very hard research missions, about 30 of them. I was /67 at the start and im now /68. Without implants my Tank is at /64. I dont use my herc, its in a cab, I dont need the herc as im melee, adv movement 3 is more usefull to me. That puts my "6th stat" at something between 20-24.

IceStorm
01-03-04, 17:35
Well, I did the math. If there's a hidden sixth stat, I didn't get it to level by raising my Spy's Psi from 1 to 20 via missions.

I'm normally skill rank 68 or 69. I'm a capped spy (including INT), with the following implants:

CPU 1: LE
CPU 2: SS +5 INT, +5 DEX
CPU 3: SF +5 INT, +5 DEX
Backbone: Adv Nerves 3 +5 INT, -3 STR
Chest: Spy Rifle PA 3 +6 DEX, -6 INT
Heart: Filter 1 -3 CON
CPU 4: Dist 3, No mainstat bonus
Eye: RCE 3, No mainstat bonus
Bones: Antigama, no mainstat bonus
Glove: Psi Gauntlet, no mainstat bonus

There's a bug with implant bonus calculations. Negative implant bonuses count as positives when calculating skill rank. That means my mainstat bonuses from imps/armor work out to be 5+5+5+5+5+3+6+6+3 = 43

43 divided by 5 gives me 8 and change. My skill rank when not wearing a glove is 68. The numbers work. No hidden stat.

When I add a glove into the mix, my skill rank goes up to 69. I've seen it as high as 70, but I was on mainstat-boosting drugs at the time (for shelter experiments).

The max stat I think you can get to without drugs would be:

CPU 1: SA +6 DEX, +5 INT
CPU 2: SRD +6 DEX, +5 INT
CPU 3: Hawkings +6 INT, +5 DEX
CPU 4: SF (or SS or SRI) +5 DEX +5 INT
Backbone: DEX 3 +5 INT -3 STR
Eye: SCE4 +4 INT
Heart: Cyber Heart 2 +5 CON, -2 DEX
Chest: Spy PA 4 +8 DEX -8 INT
Glove: Any DEX-giving Machina +5 DEX
Bones: No impact
Armor besides chest: No impact

With that setup, you'd get to a +83 mainstat bonus, or a skill rank of 76.6, which should round up to 77. You'd have to wait for the drug to wear off that you use to get the armor on, though. The armor will stay on despite the CyberHeart 2 due to the glove.

Who's gonna try it? :-)

Thanatos
01-03-04, 18:28
The secret skill is too secret to prove its existence by math! Try drom sex in reversed cowboy and you'll understand it's secrets o_O

Omnituens
01-03-04, 18:30
Originally posted by Thanatos
The secret skill is too secret to prove its existence by math! Try drom sex in reversed cowboy and you'll understand it's secrets o_O
Thanatos... drom sex jokes are so last month :p

Thanatos
01-03-04, 18:35
Oh damn! Right, it's the 1st. So what's the JOTM (joke of the month)? You need to hook me up :)

Marx
01-03-04, 18:36
Oh damn! Right, it's the 1st. So what's the JOTM (joke of the month)? You need to hook me up :)

Just link everyone to this (http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/) while saying "You're the man now dog".

Candaman
01-03-04, 19:39
kk are trying very hard to deny this. A little too hard for my liking. Carb was almost blue in the face argueing about it in mirc

Mighty Max
01-03-04, 19:46
hehehe,
http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/cours/s31/i-want-to-believe.jpg

Psyco Groupie
01-03-04, 19:50
rofl

Omnituens
01-03-04, 20:01
So what's joke of the month?
You :p

g0rt
01-03-04, 20:17
ya but was it put it in ?!?!? (btw i think KK would have said if it was implented) - some started a rumor that they where and suddently way over half of the community thought it was there...

There are no secret stat or skill... but by all means if you wanna think there is go for it :p
Just dont complain if we cant help you guys when we get help Requests about it :p

If there is no secret skill, how would a KK employee explain me hearing the leveling "ding" after completing an epic mission on a CAPPED CHAR, but of course nothing actually gaining in level? And after 5 of these, my entire rank goes up xx/71 to xx/72 for example.

What causes this to happen?

Strych9
01-03-04, 20:27
Sorry, this is BS.

Until KK explains why a monk with all 16s for all skills has a rank of /19.

There *IS* a bug somewhere. Either in the rank calculation algorithm or in a "secret skill" (call it WHATEVER you want, I dont care).

I too have had a levelling noise while running missions without levelling one of my skills.

IceStorm
02-03-04, 04:40
Until KK explains why a monk with all 16s for all skills has a rank of /19.
Any imps? Any drugs? Take any in the recent past? Any vehicle use? Any other mainstat-boosting influences? LoM?

I'm inclined to agree that at lower levels, there's something amiss, but it would seem to be more a problem with rank calculation at lower levels than an actual extra stat. I'll find out soon as I think I may start my PE this week or next, using just missions to level his Psi to start.

g0rt
02-03-04, 05:00
Originally posted by IceStorm
Any imps? Any drugs? Take any in the recent past? Any vehicle use? Any other mainstat-boosting influences? LoM?

I'm inclined to agree that at lower levels, there's something amiss, but it would seem to be more a problem with rank calculation at lower levels than an actual extra stat. I'll find out soon as I think I may start my PE this week or next, using just missions to level his Psi to start.

Lower levels? How do you explain my CAPPED tank is /67 without a single implant in? 300 is the total skill points any class can get. 300 devided by 5 (one total rank for every 5 skill points) is 60. Therefore, if there was NO bug, every single capped char without implants would be /60. But they aren't.

How do you explain my monk, after capping all but int, went from /63 to /67 without changing a single implant, simply doing 4 epics, in which I got countless level "dings" but never gained a single int level.

Theres something there, and lom's don't do jack shit. My PE has been lomed amillion times and hes never got a "secret level" aka hes still /60 without implants in.

Also, Carb you deny there being a "Neocron Paladin" and state that someone made it up like a rumor, yet this can be found right here on the Neocron website:

A player who collects all 13 rare Epic Run items, will be granted the title 'Neocron Paladin', which will be visible to all other players.

So many hidden little things, either KK isn't telling us or KK doesn't knwo themselves whats goin on in thier own game anymore!

Shadow Dancer
02-03-04, 05:25
G0rt, what if it was simply a 6th skill that KK decided not to use. And what if it was blocked out, but not taken out. So that we can still level it, but it's useless..........

Cricket_Eater
02-03-04, 06:13
The answer is clearly 42.

StrongSad
02-03-04, 07:32
^^^ :wtf: Why does that sound familiar? :confused:

I agree with zoneseek. How can you argue the fact that 300/5 is 60 and yet capped people have much higher ranks than 60.

Its like the US government argueing that area-51 DOES NOT EXIST when people have photographs of it!! :lol: :lol:

jernau
02-03-04, 07:42
Originally posted by StrongSad
[BIts like the US government argueing that area-51 DOES NOT EXIST when people have photographs of it!! :lol: :lol: [/B]

I think you'll find they just argue that it wasn't full of little green men.

jj dynomite
02-03-04, 07:43
Originally posted by Cricket_Eater
The answer is clearly 42.

Damn straight...

the answer to the "secret skill" is 42 (as well as to the meaning of life)

StrongSad
02-03-04, 07:44
No, for a long time they actually denied its existance at all. Even when there was hard proof it was there.

jernau
02-03-04, 08:00
No, for a long time they actually denied its existance at all. Even when there was hard proof it was there.

Hmmm..... UFU nutters can make a conspiracy out of anything.

If I got the plans to a public lavatory and it had the words "area 51" on it somewhere and I then rang up the council and asked them why they were disecting aliens under the train station they would probably and rightly treat me like an imbecile.

Iorghe
02-03-04, 09:51
Originally posted by g0rt
Also, Carb you deny there being a "Neocron Paladin" and state that someone made it up like a rumor, yet this can be found right here on the Neocron website:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A player who collects all 13 rare Epic Run items, will be granted the title 'Neocron Paladin', which will be visible to all other players.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So many hidden little things, either KK isn't telling us or KK doesn't knwo themselves whats goin on in thier own game anymore!

Just read what you wrote and laugh, there are only 12 epic runs

g0rt
02-03-04, 10:00
Originally posted by Iorghe
Just read what you wrote and laugh, there are only 12 epic runs

You arent laughing at me, you're laughing at yourself. That was quoted directly from the neocron.com website. Let me give you a link...

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=56

Within that link you will find the following quote:

The player may choose to change the faction, by raising his loyalty towards another faction. The possibility to actually switch factions will allow a player to do the Epic Runs for all 13 factions. A player who collects all 13 rare Epic Run items, will be granted the title 'Neocron Paladin', which will be visible to all other players.

So before you get all caught up in your laughter, you may consider having KK fix thier information, I aint pulling this shit out of my ass...im pulling it right off KK's website.

Richard Slade
02-03-04, 10:41
Originally posted by jj dynomite
Damn straight...

the answer to the "secret skill" is 42 (as well as to the meaning of life)

May I point out that 42 isn't the real meaning of life
It's just the answer to a random amount of letters thrown onto a wooden board forming a question.
However this was thought to be the meaning of life for quite some time (about the entire lifespan of Earth)

Sobi
02-03-04, 14:16
There has to be a bug or "feature" implemented in the ranking system.

It cant be possible that two different chars with the same imps, same skill lvls have different overall ranking.
In this case one of the chars has +2 lvl overall ranking compared to the other one. (both monks)

So something IS there.

Original monk
02-03-04, 15:13
like said before: call it whatever ya wonna call it but theres sumthing that levels youre baserank and wich can only be triggerd by missions and epics ... and yeah: gives a bling when it happens (and no ya dont level anything else then .. or it would be cause ya would of leveld then anyway)

i want to believe

edit: also same as the thread directly underneat this one but when i say such things im a troll and g0rt will contact GM's to report me for abuse ...

Candaman
02-03-04, 15:20
So before you get all caught up in your laughter, you may consider having KK fix thier information, I aint pulling this shit out of my ass...im pulling it right off KK's website.

Cough pwnd Cough

SigmaDraconis
02-03-04, 15:38
ohh zone = ownt

theres only 12 factions, I beleive iorghe is implying that the "13" was not a typo on KK's part. so obviously theyre are waiting for _something_ to add the 13th epic, gee wonder what it could be?

( i have a feeling we'll find out sometime in 2008 at this rate )

Candaman
02-03-04, 15:42
cough AB or DoY cough

/edit gotta fix this damn cough

Strych9
02-03-04, 16:31

I'm inclined to agree that at lower levels, there's something amiss, but it would seem to be more a problem with rank calculation at lower levels than an actual extra stat. I'll find out soon as I think I may start my PE this week or next, using just missions to level his Psi to start. No.

Do this. Start a new char. Run ONLY Hard research missions til your FS is 62, then run Very Hard res missions til all your stats are around 16 or so.

Then tell me your rank.

No drugs. No vehicles. No weapons. No LOM. New char, doing ONLY what I say above.

EDIT: Why are so many KK employess mocking players in this thread... and at the same time refusing to offer ANY explanation? This is the worst KK behavior I think I have EVER seen in the forum in the past 2 years time.

IceStorm
02-03-04, 16:33
No drugs. No vehicles. No weapons. No LOM. New char, doing ONLY what I say above.
Well, that was the plan, but as to when I get to do it, I'm not sure. I also have to zone from time to time, although I guess I can cancel missions that take me out of N.E.X.T. HQ (they added some research missions that start in the Faction Office).

Does the xx/19 hold up once you log out for the night and log back in again?

Strych9
02-03-04, 16:35
Well, that was the plan, but as to when I get to do it, I'm not sure.

Does the xx/19 hold up once you log out for the night and log back in again? IceStorm, I am not some newb or noob. I know how this game works, and yes the rank holds up no matter what you do.

My monk had all 16s in her skills, no imps, no armor, no nothing, and was /19. And it stayed. And it has never gone down since.

Strych9
02-03-04, 16:36
Well, that was the plan, but as to when I get to do it, I'm not sure. I also have to zone from time to time, although I guess I can cancel missions that take me out of N.E.X.T. HQ (they added You dont have to leave- just look at the last line in the mission. It will say either CONCENTER all caps or NEXT HQ... so if you get one to CONCENTER just dont accept it and look for the next one with the correct payout. :)

Agent L
02-03-04, 19:57
Yeah, all mods trying to deny existence of 6th stat so hardly they have no time to check what are they writing about - only making laugh of themselves - it is soooo suspiciuos, KK never behave like that b4!

And Simon already answered what _was_ 6th stat. So telling us "ther is no stat" is bs coz we all know that u r never removing anything, eventually disable, but never remove.

der Ed
02-03-04, 21:43
Originally posted by Strych9
EDIT: Why are so many KK employess mocking players in this thread... and at the same time refusing to offer ANY explanation? This is the worst KK behavior I think I have EVER seen in the forum in the past 2 years time.

You probably did forget about a promised free addon (due one year ago), features like hacknet, mechs, team-missions and the fact that they completely changed the game balance 6 months after hitting retail with the introduction of the apu/ppu split.

Back on topic:

Can anyone post screens from beta maybe, with those skills?

Jest
02-03-04, 21:54
Secret stat/bug/whatever, ranks go up with missions/epics. Fine, the coders deny its existance, so fix the bug. I know for a FACT that my ranks goes up. I hear dings, nothing rises, my rank goes up. How can you throw that off like it means nothing? We are players, we play the game. Just because the coders didn't intentionally code it into the game doesnt mean its not there.

Btw the ding happens even with a noncapped character so I doubt its that WoC skill.

Mighty Max
02-03-04, 21:57
Can anyone post screens from beta maybe, with those skills?

I say it again: There was no 6th Skill.

StrongSad
02-03-04, 22:02
Hmmm..... UFU nutters can make a conspiracy out of anything.

If I got the plans to a public lavatory and it had the words "area 51" on it somewhere and I then rang up the council and asked them why they were disecting aliens under the train station they would probably and rightly treat me like an imbecile.

OK, so you clearly have no knowledge of what area 51 is. Area 51 is a large block in the nevada desert. There are many "areas" 49,50,51 etc. Most of them are unoccupied. However, after the Roswell incident people began to suspect there was a military installation in the "area 51" zone (they thought the government was testing new super advanced technology and trying to cover up signs of 1st contact...which is half true). The area 51 or "Groom Lake Military Base" is undeniable there since photographs were taken of it. For a long time though, the US government denied that the base existed at all!! Which is very puzzling.

I was trying to make an analogy to the "secret skill" coverup but you obviously missed the point.

Anyway...back on topic and sorry for hijackage...

alig
02-03-04, 22:08
IceStorm, I am not some newb or noob. I know how this game works, and yes the rank holds up no matter what you do.

My monk had all 16s in her skills, no imps, no armor, no nothing, and was /19. And it stayed. And it has never gone down since.

Then tell me why my tank (alig) is rank /62 with missions to cap psi and intel [there was no xp for tanks back then]/ 8 epics completed/ missions to get to each of the 8 factions... and, AND capped con (base 100 of course since about 8 or 9 months ago, so this isnt a typical 'relog' procedure) i will be very greatful because the ingame/outgame responses are non exsistant and the lack of ideas kk can produce when they do respond are of the same wave lenth my 2 yr old sister comes out with "buh buh we dunno, we dunno....doh!!" or the typical and overused "contact bla bla email address" and they might get back to u without asking u a question from something u just told them, like "wots the problem then?" :mad:

Psyco Groupie
02-03-04, 22:10
Originally posted by alig
Then tell me why my tank (alig) is rank /62 with missions to cap psi/ 8 epics completed/ missions to get to each of the 8 factions... and, AND capped con (base 100 of course since about 8 or 9 months ago, so this isnt a typical 'relog' procedure) i will be very greatful because the ingame/outgame responses are non exsistant and the lack of ideas kk can produce when they do respond are of the same wave lenth my 2 yr old sister comes out with "buh buh we dunno, we dunno....doh!!" or the typical and overused "contact bla bla email address" and they might get back to u without asking u a question from something u just told them, like "wots the problem then?" :mad:

eh ?

Strych9
02-03-04, 22:15
Well fist of all alig, your char is ancient. My monk was new. So just because it worked for your old char doesnt mean this isnt some new phenomenon.

Second, I dont have to explain YOURS... yours is how it SHOULD be. Congrats.

My monk, and the other runners that have seen the effect, are the ones that need explanations.

Morris
02-03-04, 22:24
A friend of mine on Saturn had a fully capped spy with a rank of /73. He wanted to have the highest skillrank on the server, so he decided that he was going to run very hard research missions until he got it. After hours and hours of researching and running, hey presto he was /76 with no drugs or glove. So of course I believe KK that there's nothing going on there :rolleyes:

Likewise, most of my characters have extremely low skillranks, presumably because I do just enough missions to cap my secondary stats and then stop. My /66 fully capped spy has a similar setup to the spies of 2 clanmates, both of whom are over /70. My tank is at /61 with only 7 con left to go. I'm sure if I could be bothered, I'd be able to bring those up a ways.

nobby
02-03-04, 23:34
rare hack tool, more info please, heard that u have to get 3 faction medals to get it, what thebloody hell are faction medals?

Mighty Max
02-03-04, 23:40
Hehehe,

Have you read it, was posted some time ago, If you got a lvl50 in the hidden Skill, you can overcap the mainskill by 5 levels. Hell how do u think i could wear the lvl4 PA ...

Greets
MightyMax spreading rumors.

jernau
03-03-04, 00:33
OK, so you clearly have no knowledge of what area 51 is. Area 51 is a large block in the nevada desert. There are many "areas" 49,50,51 etc. Most of them are unoccupied. However, after the Roswell incident people began to suspect there was a military installation in the "area 51" zone (they thought the government was testing new super advanced technology and trying to cover up signs of 1st contact...which is half true). The area 51 or "Groom Lake Military Base" is undeniable there since photographs were taken of it. For a long time though, the US government denied that the base existed at all!! Which is very puzzling.

I was trying to make an analogy to the "secret skill" coverup but you obviously missed the point.

Anyway...back on topic and sorry for hijackage...

LMAO. Governments don't want to discuss secret military facilities with the proles :O NO!!!! really???? I'm well aware of the various stories, rumours, etc. The fact is the loons got hold of the name "area 51" from an old map and attached their own meaning to it without any evidence, hence my analogy.

wrt the topic - There certainly was no sixth stat in B4 and I've not seen it in any screenies from earlier betas. I do remember that at one point the description for END mentioned staying in hostile areas longer. I suspect that is what an earlier poster was thinking of. Whatever the "sixth stat" or phenomena that exactly replicates a sixth stat is, it is there.

The analogy to UFOs breaks down because at least half the players have experience the 6th stat (probably a lot more than half) whereas the only people who see UFOs are inbred losers who live in caravans in the middle of Nevada.

Mercuri
03-03-04, 03:31
I've talked to a number of people on this in order to verify

and there's no 6th skill guys/gals.......

Sorry...

The Good news is we will have something like this when DOY is released.

And please no "You mean If DOY's Coming Posts"

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster

ezza
03-03-04, 03:33
Originally posted by Mercuri

Sorry...

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster but whats the deal with the rank raising then? i just got one on my pluto tank, he went from 44 to 45 just doing a mission, no skill raised from it, just my rank

g0rt
03-03-04, 03:37

Sorry...

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster

sex mercuri

yo were not saying there is or isn't a secret skill, we're wondering why when doing missions/epics we get "level dings" but don't acutally gain any visable level...and then after 5 of these our overall level goes up by one.

Glok
03-03-04, 03:50
And the bullshit keeps flying.

No KK employee or rep has stated in this thread why the fuck we get skillrank increases without mainstat increases.

IceStorm
03-03-04, 04:14
Try installing and then removing implants? I'm just guessing here. I've done a lot of that on my capped char courtesey Warbot deaths, and this after completeing the N.E.X.T. epic.

I had forgotten about the mission contact info on the mission selection panels until today. I started my PE, but only got as far as two hard missions before I had to log. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Ryuben
03-03-04, 04:46

Sorry...

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skills

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

6th stat??

and merc there Was a 6th stat in beta sure its not something to do with that, the interface was taken out but the code is still in there some where?

Freaky Fryd
03-03-04, 05:41
Just for more info towards the study of the phenomenon.

My spy has been around since Dec 02 and has been fully capped for a long time.
I've done all the 7 epics that are "finished" in-game
I've done lots of missions to switch factions...lots and LOTS of missions...
I remember hearing dings when not getting a level, or after already being capped...
but blew it off as a bug...wouldn't have even remembered it without this thread though...

My natural rank with my primary weapon is: 84/66
That's with the following skill numbers:
INT 75
STR 37
CON 43
DEX 125
PSI 20
= 300

If there's no flaws/bugs in the divide by 5 equation, then my rank "should" be 60, not 66.

Before the Kami chip & spy PA (but after I did the epics), I believe my skill numbers were:
INT 109
STR 40
CON 40
DEX 115
PSI 20
= 324
/5 = 64.8

I'm positive my rank was 71 or 72 back then...

Archeus
03-03-04, 08:50

Sorry...

So your saying the hidden skill is the 7th? Not the 6th!!

extract
03-03-04, 09:32
Ive noticed while testing epics on test server, that each time I finished an epic, I gained (1) overall rank, Im not sure if there is a 6th stat, but finishing an epic gives u an extra rank, if I take out all my imps and PA on TS before i did epics I was xx/60 if I do the same now Im xx/64 and Ive done 4 epics.....

jernau
03-03-04, 09:39
Originally posted by Archeus
So your saying the hidden skill is the 7th? Not the 6th!!

You might be onto something.

Maybe it's called "Beyond the Fifth Skill" inside KK and that's the confusion.

It's like rumpelstiltskin - we have to keep guessing the name till it magically appears in our RPOSs.

Richard Slade
03-03-04, 13:59

Sorry...

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster

Then what's with the odd sound AND the rank increase?

And no, no IF DOY come's...
We all know it will come

Soon(TM)

Rade
03-03-04, 14:09
Even if theres no secret stat theres definately a bug that
behaves just like a 6th stat.

Benjie
03-03-04, 14:11

Sorry...

Mercuri
Senior Gamemaster
I honestly don't belive you. I mean we get a level sound, and every so often it ups our rank. Whatever the annomoly is, it has the attributes of a 6th stat, and only of a 6th stat. The annomoly is deffinetly there. Ask your playerbase, we have all seen it at some time. I think that either you are lying for some insane reason (IE it might cause an exploit if we know the truth, or it will make a lot of people angry, like it is a modifier for something.) or that you don't know yourselves. Beleiving that you are not telling the truth is more beleivable that what you are saying. At least a GM lying actually makes sence, what your saying just doesn't.

Candaman
03-03-04, 14:17
okay i cba to go through and count but are kk gonna make every gm and dev post once denying this fact all the way up mjs?

Benjie
03-03-04, 14:18
Originally posted by Candaman
okay i cba to go through and count but are kk gonna make every gm and dev post once denying this fact all the way up mjs?
Yes.

Mighty Max
03-03-04, 14:32
What do you expect?

You ask for clarification, for a GM word, and when u get it, you only say "LIES!" like a paranoid.

Fact is:

1. Some ppl recognize a ding and level ups
2. It is not intentional
3. It does not happen to every char. (Mine doesnt and had done a hundrets of missions)

=>
Bug. Nothing more nothing less.

Rade
03-03-04, 14:34
Im hoping that what the KK staff is trying to say is that there is
no secret stat that has any effect ingame but that they
acknowledge the bug that behaves like a sixth stat, just wish
they could be a bit more clear.

SirRah
03-03-04, 14:38
this "bug" only happens to "new" chars i think. cuz i did 2 epics on my monk and my rank didnt raise. i created him in jan. 2003...

that would also explain why alig's rank is so low even when he has done all the epics and missions.

so one of those patches from jan 2003 to summer/autumn 2003 (that was when i first read about this "bug") could have caused it.

Rade
03-03-04, 14:46
One of my really new chars dont have it but Rade does which is
from the start of pluto so that theory doesnt seem to hold rah

SirRah
03-03-04, 14:51
like i said... i just think its this way :P

but for all those who think this bug is not for real... go to the testserver. cap a char with loms and start doing missions. write down all the XP you get for the missions. when you have around 850 - 900 XP you should hear your first ding. when you got 4 dings you rank should go up.

retr0n
03-03-04, 14:57
This is really getting boring. I mean ffs KK... Just because people
said 6th stat line doesnt mean it has to be it. Ok so you say there
is no 6th stat line, then please tell us what it is? It can be pube hair
for all i care, and with every missions you grow another one, and
these pube haris are taken into consideration when calculating your
overall rank.

Nobody has said that it has to be a 6th stat, but please dont laugh
at us as we clearly know that there is something else that is taken
into the equation of the overall rank.

SOOOO Instead of telling us what it isn't why dont you please
tell us what it is. But please dont laugh at us, you are just being
rude and telling us that we are stupid.

leGit v. 2
03-03-04, 15:02
who cares? its just a freaking rank.. big fuss for nothing

alig
03-03-04, 15:08
Originally posted by SirRah
this "bug" only happens to "new" chars i think. cuz i did 2 epics on my monk and my rank didnt raise. i created him in jan. 2003...

that would also explain why alig's rank is so low even when he has done all the epics and missions.

so one of those patches from jan 2003 to summer/autumn 2003 (that was when i first read about this "bug") could have caused it.

My new tank doesnt get rank raises tho:( at least i dont think he does [didnt hear a ding for missions to cap psi and the 4 epics i did so im pretty sure] and alig's rank is bugged anyway, cuz a capped char fully is /60 without any imps in, and alig is /60 like that, but with the same imps my bro has in on his tank [he was /66 and base 97 con] and im /62 and base 100 con so its frustrating...my tank should be about /67 ..../70 if my epics/missions registered, it might not be a big deal to u or the gm's or kk but it is to me when i spent months and months in caves to cap my con >.< :mad:

winnoc
03-03-04, 15:10
Anyone ever noticed that the skillsguide calculations don't always end up to 100%

So maybe that stat gets taken into account for it.

Unless off course i'm wrong, didn't have the time to read the whole thread on those numbers.

I can immagine however that if there is one, they would like to keep it a secret, especially if it might ever be used in DOY.

Like so many patchchanges and stuff like spirit ammo mod for sh KK seems to keep some things quiet, and wants us to figure it out ourselves, or not at all.

Sobi
03-03-04, 15:56
Of course its only a rank and has no influence (at least no obvious) to the skills.
But if i spent ages to get my monk to 92 int (rest cap) and then only having a overall ranking of xx/63 is crap for me.
Sorry, but if i lvl that much, I want to have the possibility to show-off. ;)

Now its just like: "Oh, there is a monk with xx/68, really nice ranking, pitty i wont ever get it, even if i had a DS."

Maybe the mission thing works with me too, havent tried it yet after reading this threat. But its still stays really weird.

Sobi

SypH
03-03-04, 16:07
I've yet to get that ding with my droners and I've done a butt load of missions, yet I got them all the time with my PE. I noticed his rank raise a few times when I did hear the ding though.

Promethius
03-03-04, 20:42
well this secret skill thing actually may have some truth in it. Every now and then when i am doing aggy missions i hear the 'ding' of a lvl but i dont see any skill lvled. I always figured it was a bug but now that i think about it who knows 0.o

-Prom

FirestarXL
03-03-04, 21:37
I think it's simply a case of terminoligy - "secret" skill is probably the wrong term - that implies that it was intentionally put in there, and also that it serves some intended function. I believe neither to be the case - it is simply a leftover from some previous incarnation of the development process. The previously used term of "Sixth Stat Line" is far more suitable.

But the fact that it is there, and can only be levelled using missions - of that I have no doubt. To say "it doesn't exist, there is nothing even remotely like that" is wrong.

Freaky Fryd
04-03-04, 00:33
Think of it this way...

It's one thing to be told that the "alien spacecraft" seen in the sky was swamp gas or a weather balloon...

It's possible that 1000 people who have seen an "alien spacecraft" saw something else instead.

But to tell them that nothing was there and they didn't see anything...?

That doesn't sound right to me...

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 01:37
Whatever it is, something is there because rank does increase with missions, and the leveling ding is heard every once and awhile. Why this works for certain people and others not is still unknown, but something is definitely there.

ezza
04-03-04, 03:04
well my char is now totally capped, with all imps in iam xx/68 im currently doing 4 epics over next few days, gonna see what it does to my rank, lets see if after that they say there is nothing going on

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 03:04
I should try capping CON (still) and see if it goes any higher. :rolleyes:

ezza
04-03-04, 03:06
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I should try capping CON (still) and see if it goes any higher. :rolleyes: as long as you dont blow your self up to level cons:D

edit: cool sig

ServeX
04-03-04, 03:07
Originally posted by SirRah

I've had my char since 5 minutes after pluto was started. I'm a rank /71 tank, I can get up to /77 undrugged and /92+ drugged

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 03:12
as long as you dont blow your self up to level cons:D

edit: cool sig

I think I'll just stand in MC5 for a few days. :p

PS: Thanks, props to Ascention for making it. :)

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 03:13
Originally posted by ServeX
I've had my char since 5 minutes after pluto was started. I'm a rank /71 tank, I can get up to /77 undrugged and /92+ drugged

/77 with buffs/OP bonus though, right?

And getting /92+ is cool but must suck once the drugflash is there for a day. :p

ezza
04-03-04, 03:15
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
/77 with buffs/OP bonus though, right?

And getting /92+ is cool but must suck once the drugflash is there for a day. :p lol i done that on the test server with all the rare drugs etc, man the come down sucked, ended up killing self to get rid of it:D

ServeX
04-03-04, 03:45
I didn't see effects as I drugged in Neofrag.

Vid Gamer
04-03-04, 04:01
Hm, Neofrag is a bit screwy. You should try doing that outside and see if you get the same rank.

Kuya
04-03-04, 16:16
Originally posted by suler
ONCE YOU CAP THE SIXTH STAT YOU BECOME A JEDI

When do you cap it?

IceStorm
04-03-04, 17:27
My new PE is now 17 in all mainstats. His skill rank is *drumroll please*...

I haven't allocated any points yet (not even at character creation). I haven't implanted or deimplanted anything yet. All I've done is run hard and very hard missions.

Cyphor
04-03-04, 19:29
Not sure if this means anything but, ther are five main skills each with a cap of 100 if a gm has all stats capped they would be rank 100, if there was a 6th skill then it would be 120 (also the number for the highest ranked mobs in the game, coincidence?), then add imps (although i doubt theres any need, and the gm would get to the rank about 127...

ok its a wild guess but kinda just a thought about how the highest ranks in the game seem to be closer to 120 than 100...

Also in the example earlier where someone said they can get to rank 77 without drugs, this would sugest the skill caps at about 35, however for all we know it could cap at 100, it would be impossible to test though as once you've done all the epics missions are the only way to get the exp, and try to get 130 mill exp from missions :p

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 19:48
Cyphor, The GM Rank is because of all Skills are set up to the max (255)
5*255/5 is bigger the the signed int wraparound, so it will only be displayed as 127 (its the biggest possible number)

Candaman
04-03-04, 19:49
gm's skills are capped at 255 though!!

Candaman
04-03-04, 19:51
My new PE is now 17 in all mainstats. His skill rank is *drumroll please*...

I haven't allocated any points yet (not even at character creation). I haven't implanted or deimplanted anything yet. All I've done is run hard and very hard missions.

Now reroll lvl to same lvl with no missions and u'll be /15 or /16

Cyphor
04-03-04, 19:57
Ah i though subskills were capped at 255, not the individual skills.

Mighty Max
04-03-04, 19:58
No candaman. Why?

Because the Skillrank gets calculated by

Sum of Skills /5. Thats how you come to 60max normaly. 300/5 = 60.

Candaman
04-03-04, 19:59
everything is

Candaman
04-03-04, 20:05
going by that

My PPU rank 63/67

With imps

Int 98
Str 20
Dex 36
Con 42
PSI 114

= 310

310/5

=

Then somethings not rite!!

dr.fish
04-03-04, 20:11
My tank is fully capped ( exept 2 constitution ) and was **/67, done 6 epics since and i'm **/70 and i did not gain a single skill rank while doing those.

u get about one full rank every 2 epics .....

dr.fish
04-03-04, 20:15
oh and once u done all epics u should become a palladin not a jedi..

but that includes AB and traders union wich u cannot do atm..

Carbonite
04-03-04, 20:29
im sorry to disapoint you but you cant be a paladin at this time .. regardless if you could do all epics for ALL factions or not .. I have tested that on TS and you get no such thing ATM

ezza
04-03-04, 20:34
Originally posted by dr.fish
My tank is fully capped ( exept 2 constitution ) and was **/67, done 6 epics since and i'm **/70 and i did not gain a single skill rank while doing those.

u get about one full rank every 2 epics ..... i wish that was true, done 2 of the 4 epics(almost done 3rd)and i aint gained shit so far, but still got 2 more to go then i will have done 8 epics

Carb, but what about these extra ranks were all getting?

Candaman
04-03-04, 20:36
gm's don't want us lvling the 6th stat cus we'll start catching them up and they won't look so 1337 eh carb :angel:

Strych9
04-03-04, 20:39
Note: this is not epics based, its only experience gained from missions... and epics just happen to give decent experience per mission overall. But running 40 Very Hard research missions (40 x 600 exp = 24,000 exp to all skills) gives much more exp than completing an epic- the epic gives about 8000 experience total (only checked the NEXT epic, didnt verify that for all epics).

So epics arent necessarily the test here... its just experience from missions.

jernau
04-03-04, 20:39
im sorry to disapoint you but you cant be a paladin at this time .. regardless if you could do all epics for ALL factions or not .. I have tested that on TS and you get no such thing ATM

That seems reasonable. Why would KK add the Paladin function in while we are still waiting for so many ERs?

ezza
04-03-04, 20:44
Note: this is not epics based, its only experience gained from missions... and epics just happen to give decent experience per mission overall. But running 40 Very Hard research missions (40 x 600 exp = 24,000 exp to all skills) gives much more exp than completing an epic- the epic gives about 8000 experience total (only checked the NEXT epic, didnt verify that for all epics).

So epics arent necessarily the test here... its just experience from missions. yes true enough but just from doing the 4 epics i will gain 32000(presuming that the xp is the same for each)

Strych9
04-03-04, 21:03
yes true enough but just from doing the 4 epics i will gain 32000(presuming that the xp is the same for each) Sure ezza, correct. Just didnt want people thinking it was ONLY epic based exp. :)

g0rt
04-03-04, 22:14

So epics arent necessarily the test here... its just experience from missions.

Strych - what faction would you say is best for doing these research missions?

Currently black dragon's cannot do them, im guessing its because theres a citycom right outside our HQ, and the HQ itself is about the size of a pinhead, so im sure they were MUCH too easy....

Any others that are easily done from other factions?

Radamez
04-03-04, 22:29
I've done more missions than I care to remember, not one invisible ding.. /65 fully capped ..

I assumed I had one of those characters that just doesn't gain exp in the sixth stat.. but I wrote to support and they completely denied the existence of this sixth stat, or anything similar. So i'm a little confused :confused:

Would be nice to get a higher rank, even though it's just for show.. but oh well... :(

ezza
04-03-04, 23:03
Sure ezza, correct. Just didnt want people thinking it was ONLY epic based exp. :) ya

just finished the 4th epic(next/bio/dre/ca)my 8th in total, i only got 1 ding during them, but them when your TOTALLY capped why would i hear a ding anyway?

jernau
04-03-04, 23:14
Strych - what faction would you say is best for doing these research missions?

Currently black dragon's cannot do them, im guessing its because theres a citycom right outside our HQ, and the HQ itself is about the size of a pinhead, so im sure they were MUCH too easy....

Any others that are easily done from other factions?

NEXT.

FA and CM are also pretty quick but not good for a BD.

suler
05-03-04, 08:21
HEY GUYS I HAVE MADE A DISCOVERY!!!!!

SOMETIMES I HEAR THE AN IMPLANT SOUND WHEN I DIDNT PUT IN AN IMPLANT!!! I MUST OF UNLOCKED THE 5TH SECRET BRAIN SLOT

nobby
05-03-04, 09:13
WOW LETS ALL PARTY...................

g0rt
05-03-04, 10:07
NEXT.

FA and CM are also pretty quick but not good for a BD.

I should try NEXT....

Ive been doing protopharm, they aren't too bad at all...but I can see NEXT being even better, only downside to proto is constant zoning between the lab and the hq

Archeus
05-03-04, 11:54
Originally posted by suler
HEY GUYS I HAVE MADE A DISCOVERY!!!!!

SOMETIMES I HEAR THE AN IMPLANT SOUND WHEN I DIDNT PUT IN AN IMPLANT!!! I MUST OF UNLOCKED THE 5TH SECRET BRAIN SLOT

Funny you should mention that. Sometimes when I have my hacktool out and I hit reload I get the reload noise.

naimex
05-03-04, 11:57
doesnīt mean anything.

I get the "implant" sound sometimes when casting heal on my tank.

and last night there was thunder in NF2 DECK 1.

itīs just displaced sounds.

thunder somewhere in some zone.

a glitsch comes and then you have the sound at your place.

doesnīt mean anything.

Nasher
05-03-04, 13:03
Maybe its part of the "advanced melee" skill that was removed in beta 2, but some got left behind :)

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:05
Don't feed the trolls Nasher,

That was a subskill.

Nasher
05-03-04, 13:25
Oh yea oops :P

Mighty Max
05-03-04, 13:26
Btw. weren't you awy?

WELCOME BACK then :D

Original monk
05-03-04, 13:28
Originally posted by naimex
doesnīt mean anything.

but when ya hear the implant sound when ya cast a heal ya dont gain a baseranklevel right ?

i told my mate about them things that ya could enhace youre baselevel with missions, he was a fully capped tank, baserank /70 and now he did 6 epics and some missions in between to change faction and he's /72 -> he couldnt be more happy hehe :)

Promethius
08-03-04, 03:33
Originally posted by Original monk
but when ya hear the implant sound when ya cast a heal ya dont gain a baseranklevel right ?

i told my mate about them things that ya could enhace youre baselevel with missions, he was a fully capped tank, baserank /70 and now he did 6 epics and some missions in between to change faction and he's /72 -> he couldnt be more happy hehe :)

Now we all know epics increase base rank....But is this due to the secret skill or just from completeing epics?

Maybe someone should cap a char without completing a Single epic and do loads of missions. See if they can still reach xx/72. Maybe that'll tell if theres really a secret skill or a sound displacement.

-Prom

Richard Blade
08-03-04, 05:04
Originally posted by naimex
doesnīt mean anything.

I can reproduce that same thing. All my spells make that noise if I reload my gun and then roll my mouse to my heal or whatever spell is in sequence. The spell makes a reloading / implant noise.

I think only my tank does this though. I'll have to check my other characters.

Also, my tank has done 7 epics and his base rank is 66.
He has 11 levels of con to go to cap. So, it's possible he'll end between 68 or 69. Maybe more if I do the rest of the epics when they become legit.
Without imps, "base"=289 average = 57.8.
With imps, "base"=303 average = 60.6.
Capped with imps "base" will be 314 average = 62.8.
As said above, he's 66 and will get at least two more levels barring any changes to his implant setup. Which will lower the average with a filter 2.

I can't say there is a "ghost" skill, but something isn't right.

borl
08-03-04, 05:29
I should try NEXT....

Ive been doing protopharm, they aren't too bad at all...but I can see NEXT being even better, only downside to proto is constant zoning between the lab and the hq

Biotech are very easy, provided you check that the mission is based in the BT HQ, and not in the CONCENTER.

Nightbrother
08-03-04, 13:38
It may not BE a 6th 'secret' skill, but it sure does act like one. The char I'm playing right on Pluto was started in December, and paying attention to 'dings' when I do missions (including epics of course), and I have 3 times so far seen a rise in /xx rank because of missions. At surely enough it came about every 5 'dings'.

Anyway, this has been discussed a lot, and apparently it's just a bug(?), but I still love the fact that it functions like a 6th skill would. The only thing that is odd is that some characters don't experience the mission/rank thing, while the majority does.

Generic
10-03-04, 04:15
yeah well, what can u say man, NC has a "few" bugs in it :D

in any case, there MUST be sumthing like it, cuz as sayd above, my apu also has expierenced these "rank" increases by doing missions ( i tend to get red SL of - 45 :p )
So even when the Dev's/GM's laugh at our tiny behinds bout thinking this, they know as well as we do, that sumthing is in the game ....

"The truth is out there Neo, it's the question that drives us :D"

Maarten
10-03-04, 04:20
Originally posted by Generic

"The truth is out there Neo, it's the question that drives us :D"

Not the question, it's the bugs... :p

Vid Gamer
10-03-04, 04:28
I'll confirm again that something is there (for me anyways). Did a few missions to get my SL back, got a ding, rank raised by 1.

dr.fish
10-03-04, 11:01
As i already said, i was fully capped without a single epic and was **/67

done 6 epics since and i'm **/70 now. I didnt hear a single ding but my rank raised slowly.

Now this doesnt seem to happen to everyone, Eledhgrunt is fully capped and has done 6 epics and his ranks is **/65

go figure out y. But every person know that has rank of **/70 or higher has told me he got it with epics ( exept spyes with SA Hawk, SS and SF )

g0rt
10-03-04, 11:04
Originally posted by dr.fish
As i already said, i was fully capped without a single epic and was **/67

done 6 epics since and i'm **/70 now. I didnt hear a single ding but my rank raised slowly.

Now this doesnt seem to happen to everyone, Eledhgrunt is fully capped and has done 6 epics and his ranks is **/65

go figure out y. But every person know that has rank of **/70 or higher has told me he got it with epics ( exept spyes with SA Hawk, SS and SF )

Epics or research missions, which are actually faster exp then epics :p

Like you say, some chars don't get these levels. Some of my chars, like my pistol pe, are /60 with all implants out, fully capped. Yet other chars, like my tank, are /67 with all implants out :wtf: Proof right there that there is SOMETHING, because 300/5 = 60 its as simple as that...

Mighty Max
10-03-04, 11:20
Thats a lot of text for such a simple line:

-removed a bug that caused players level over /60

in a future patchnote.

Candaman
10-03-04, 13:55
or

/added GM and Dev denial on pain stakingly obvious fact

Generic
10-03-04, 17:12
Originally posted by Candaman
or

/added GM and Dev denial on pain stakingly obvious fact

prolly that or sumthing along the lines of

NEW FEATURE : # 6 skill added, no skill menu developed yet, will come with DoY :D

Vid Gamer
10-03-04, 20:55
I wonder how far our rank will go when DoY and Ceres skills are released.. :D

g0rt
10-03-04, 21:09
Originally posted by Mighty Max
Thats a lot of text for such a simple line:

-removed a bug that caused players level over /60

in a future patchnote.

Better not see that or ill be pissed, did alot of work on some of my chars to get thier ranks up.