PDA

View Full Version : A new idea for spies and mobs

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:29
I was just thinking, you know how certain classes in some MMORPGs can use a special ability to seek out mobs? Well, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to add a device that would allow spies to find the general locations of certain mobs in a zone. It would make hunting a lot less of a pain for a spy and his/her team during those times when the spawns are low and you can't find diddly squat.

What say you?

StryfeX
28-02-04, 21:16
Originally posted by Lanigav
I was just thinking, you know how certain classes in some MMORPGs can use a special ability to seek out mobs? Well, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to add a device that would allow spies to find the general locations of certain mobs in a zone. It would make hunting a lot less of a pain for a spy and his/her team during those times when the spawns are low and you can't find diddly squat.

What say you? I say I like it. Shoulda made a poll. :p

--Stryfe

Threat45
28-02-04, 21:33
I'd suggest getting the NeoLauncher PRO 2.30.196, it has some texture enhancements but more importantly it has an updated world map, with locations marked of some good leveling areas/caves. Kinda takes the fun out of walking around and looking for these locations yourself, but after doing that for so long it becomes quite a hassle.

Lanigav
28-02-04, 21:39
Well, what I'm talking about is finding a specific mob within a zone, not finding a zone with a specific mob. ;)

Mattimeo
28-02-04, 21:47
wouldn't that be more of a Private INVESTIGATOR thing?

StryfeX
28-02-04, 21:54
Now that I think about it, this would be a good Wisdom of Ceres skill for BDoY.

--Stryfe

SPIKE (pluto)
28-02-04, 21:56
Its a good idea but shouldnt it be in the 'brainport' area?:p

StryfeX
28-02-04, 22:04
Originally posted by SPIKE (pluto)
Its a good idea but shouldnt it be in the 'brainport' area?:p There was something from Nid a while ago about not moving Brainport threads directly there due to it being a thread graveyard so-to-speak. I think he said he was going to leave the threads out on the main forum for a week or something to let them get some feedback, etc. then move them.

--Stryfe

P.S. - Don't quote me on that.

numb
28-02-04, 22:04
Originally posted by SPIKE (pluto)
Its a good idea but shouldnt it be in the 'brainport' area?:p

Depends if you want anyone to read it really :P

FatDogg
28-02-04, 22:10
Originally posted by Threat45
I'd suggest getting the NeoLauncher PRO 2.30.196, it has some texture enhancements but more importantly it has an updated world map, with locations marked of some good leveling areas/caves. Kinda takes the fun out of walking around and looking for these locations yourself, but after doing that for so long it becomes quite a hassle.

I just got the neocronlauncher pro, but I cant alt-tab when using it or my screen goes bork. I like the junk it installed though, so props for that, but I still use the original launcher.

Threat45
28-02-04, 22:27
I just got the neocronlauncher pro, but I cant alt-tab when using it or my screen goes bork. I like the junk it installed though, so props for that, but I still use the original launcher.

Ha, I have the same prob, when i tab i get yellow bands where the RPOS should be, so i still use the regular launcher and the updated map still works

Heavyporker
28-02-04, 22:34
its not a new idea. Shadow Dancer had it months ago, and that probably wasn't new then, even.

But yeah, a T-C req-ing tool that scans about 3-4x your local list area for mobs would rock.

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:18
Yeah, shoulds good, so long as its a general location and not an exact one.

Rob01m
29-02-04, 06:06
I was having this exact same idea just a few minutes ago...

They could use a system like in FFXI, certain classes can learn a skill that allows them to see all the enemies within a few "sectors" (which isn't directly comparable but let me continue)

What you could do is make tools with similar specs as stealth tools that list all mobs within a certain radius on the large map. This can be used for various things, maybe a spy can actually spy on the enemies around the corner... :P

This was used in FFXI as an enemy finder for mainly camping purposes... you find a NM (notorious monster) on the map and you run like hell to get to it! But anyways, we can use it to find certain mobs, and hell maybe you can list people on there too so spies get more of a use with the group?

Just ideas...