PDA

View Full Version : Increased mob spawns?

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:20
Lately when I've gone out hunting, most of the zones I go to are almost completely barren. I'm lucky if I can find one or two warbots, or even one or two mad copbots. Its been the same for areas with fire mobs and such, and I've even noticed a lower amount of Johnny 5's hanging out in the northeastern corner of the map (which I like but hey, fair is fair :p).

Not only does it severely hurt general tech part hunting, but it just makes the game boring as sin having to actively search for a single worthwhile mob. The game is always much more fun when there's good mobs all over the place (especially if there's someone else there trying to hunt as well which makes it even more difficult for everyone), and especially so in certain areas where there's LOTs of super high mobs (got 7 Grim Chasers at once at CRP one time, best day I ever had there). You almost forget about tech part drops all together and just have a blast trying to take down the mobs (one of the reasons the graves and caves are so fun).

So, do you guys think the current spawn is okay, too low, or too high?

StryfeX
28-02-04, 20:26
I'd like to see more mobs, but I'd also like to see mobs NOT climbing impossibly-steep cliffs and then sitting there on top so when you kill them you can't get to their corpse, and NOT acting like retards when you shoot them. :rolleyes:

--Stryfe

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:34
Well, some of them have the luxury of acting retarded due to their extreme range and damage, but I know what you're talking about.

And yeah, its really unfair that they can climb any obstacle. Yesterday, while hunting in J_06, a warbot managed to climb on top of the observation tower. It took me a while to figure out how the hell it was shooting at me as I couldn't see it anywhere, then I dropped down and went east a bit and saw it on top of there. o_O

StryfeX
28-02-04, 20:42
Originally posted by Lanigav
And yeah, its really unfair that they can climb any obstacle. Yesterday, while hunting in J_06, a warbot managed to climb on top of the observation tower. It took me a while to figure out how the hell it was shooting at me as I couldn't see it anywhere, then I dropped down and went east a bit and saw it on top of there. o_O :wtf: Whoa... That deserves a big, fat, juicy, "WTF?"

--Stryfe

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:23
Places I hunt have been good, but they are different to the places you have said.

Spoon
29-02-04, 08:09
Spawn rates seem to be related to server population...

On Saturn I can usually find plenty mobs to hunt, but on Uranus I'll hunt in the sames zones as I do on Saturn and be lucky to find one or two Warbots per zone....

I'd have to say the Spawn rates are too low at the moment......

g0rt
29-02-04, 08:23
For me, mob spawns seem to go up and down like jackrabbits. One day ill be fighting in my favorite WB area, and they will be spawning so fast that groups of 3+ will end up stacking together before i can even get to them to kill them.

Other days, ill be running around waiting for one to spawn..

Dunno how it works, but I think there should ALWAYS be a steady spawn.