PDA

View Full Version : Saturn = Lagged to Hell

StryfeX
28-02-04, 20:09
Ok then. What in hell is going on with Saturn?

I was in the CRP zone trying to find some BD to kill when all of a sudden *ALL* my buffs simply drop. Drop as in not there anymore, all the effects are off. So I see someone coming, and I go get out of their sight so I can put my buffs back on. I try to pull out my spell and.... NOTHING! So I smack the key a few more times and the spell finally comes out. Now I go to cast it and... NOTHING! I try to cast again, and it fizzles. All while standing still for the last 10 seconds or so.

And now this guy is on top of me, shooting a Ray of God and ripping me apart becuase the server fucked itself and I couldn't get a shelter up. I only managed to get him to about 1/2 HP before I died. (Good fight, btw.)

Now, I've been doing trace routes and pings and such to see if there was any evidence that this is an external problem (e.g. - not KK's fault). Having done that, I must say that it looks to be KK's problem. All the response times (even from 62.140.29.54, the server we connect to) are 98% acceptable (100% is good from the server IP). This leads me to believe that there is something going on behind the firewall that is screwing us in the ass.

So. KK, please sort this shit out. It totally ruins an afternoon when you lag to hell and back continuously.

--Stryfe

Spelling > Me

Omnituens
28-02-04, 20:22
yup, before it didnt save the actions i did on my tank.

its the first time this has happened to me, so i think this crap is getting worse.

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:25
A new problem has come up recently that's lag related too.

Sometimes, for about three minutes or so, I'll basically be slingshotted back to my original position after zoning and trying to move forward. It literally hurts my head. >_<

Freya
28-02-04, 20:29
please make an ingame ticket

Rith
28-02-04, 20:30
totally lag fucked

i just seen a TG tank do a stealthing trick in J01 - at first I thought cheating bastard.... then i noticed my ping at over 900...

come on KK - get your act together

I can't even login to the game as Rith

Stigmata
28-02-04, 20:35
Originally posted by StryfeX
Ok then. What in hell is going on with Saturn?

I was in the CRP zone trying to find some BD to kill when all of a sudden *ALL* my buffs simply drop. Drop as in not there anymore, all the effects are off. So I see someone coming, and I go get out of their sight so I can put my buffs back on. I try to pull out my spell and.... NOTHING! So I smack the key a few more times and the spell finally comes out. Now I go to cast it and... NOTHING! I try to cast again, and it fizzles. All while standing still for the last 10 seconds or so.

And now this guy is on top of me, shooting a Ray of God and ripping me apart becuase the server fucked itself and I couldn't get a shelter up. I only managed to get him to about 1/2 HP before I died. (Good fight, btw.)

Now, I've been doing trace routes and pings and such to see if there was any evidence that this is an external problem (e.g. - not KK's fault). Having done that, I must say that it looks to be KK's problem. All the response times (even from 62.140.29.54, the server we connect to) are 98% acceptable (100% is good from the server IP). This leads me to believe that there is something going on behind the firewall that is screwing us in the ass.

So. KK, please sort this shit out. It totally ruins an afternoon when you lag to hell and back continuously.

--Stryfe

Spelling > Me

that was me, and the lag was effecting us both, i was stealthed right behind you waiting for it to drop and boom you disappeared so i ran around again trying to find you and then my stealth ran out and you appeared asif by magic (C) and i attacked.

40$Poser
28-02-04, 20:42
Originally posted by Freya
please make an ingame ticket

we've made in game tickets, no reply...

you expect people to have any faith in sending tickets telling you that the server is borked?

I'll make one, but I doubt anything will be done.

$tormbringer
28-02-04, 20:42
omg stig u r a bd??? OMG h4x

kk plz reboot the server or sumthing....

Stigmata
28-02-04, 20:44
just one char, gotta do something or im gonna quit, so i figure being able to level and HAVE FUN is more improtant than loyalty towards FA

Sefran
28-02-04, 20:46
''ingame'' ticket, i made myself 4 post on forum on diff times each one of them just dispeared i had several m8's checking it for me nothing...everything that goes around with citycom seems bugged to me....and sometimes i wonder if those tickets even work.:confused:

StryfeX
28-02-04, 20:47
Originally posted by stigmata
that was me, and the lag was effecting us both, i was stealthed right behind you waiting for it to drop and boom you disappeared so i ran around again trying to find you and then my stealth ran out and you appeared asif by magic (C) and i attacked. Bastard. :D I figured that you were affected too, but then again, when the person you're fighting has stealth capability, it's hard to determine what's stealth and what's server fuckups. Well... if it's regarding warping. Buffs going haywire isn't all that hard to track. :rolleyes:

Did that Mosquito ever get you, btw?

Originally posted by Sefran
''ingame'' ticket, i made myself 4 post on forum on diff times each one of them just dispeared i had several m8's checking it for me nothing...everything that goes around with citycom seems bugged to me....and sometimes i wonder if those tickets even work. (S?)He means the little question mark in the upper right-hand corner of the RPOS.

--Stryfe

Stigmata
28-02-04, 20:50
Originally posted by StryfeX

Did that Mosquito ever get you, btw?

--Stryfe

no i think we blew it up or else it did a random disappearing thing, becuase it didn't come back, but then with this lag you can never tell

EDIT/ er i didn't post that reply you quoted above o_O

(eXpLoSiOn)
28-02-04, 21:09
Yes Saturn is really laggy,

last week i wanted to kill some TT's at Gaba with my Tank. I saw a Tank leveling there, i took my cs and shot at him. He started to run to the op. I walked behind him and shoot all the time, but nothing happend. The laggs teleported him all the time, until he was disappeared in the ug. :o

And today we were at MC5 lags all the time ! :(

StryfeX
28-02-04, 21:12
Originally posted by stigmata
EDIT/ er i didn't post that reply you quoted above o_O Whoops. Copied the whole "Originally posted by..." thing and forgot to change the name. :p :lol:

--Stryfe