PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Pes, you may have received a boost o_O

Rieper
28-02-04, 16:15
So i was neofragging today with some ubzor PEs... and they were using the executioner. Jeezus. its been boosted to CS level imo. Although apparently the aiming is a bitch (i dont know, never had a tech pistoler) in the hands of a good pe you can decimate enemies. If anyone else wants to test it out it would be cool.. im not crying nerf, i think PEs need a boost :)

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 16:16
Exec is indeed powerful, but you need full dex imps and drugs to use it.

-=Bl@de=-
28-02-04, 16:24
yes fully gimp your pe just to use a gun that does a little more damage than the judge :rolleyes:

Rieper
28-02-04, 16:40
uhmm, no it does _significantly_ more dmg than the judge. Dont knock it till you try it.

-=Bl@de=-
28-02-04, 16:42
dont tell me not till ive tried it, ive tried pretty much every setup for pe and there is absolutly NO POINT in gimping yourself to that level.

Chris Redfield
28-02-04, 16:43
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

After the patch Executioner passes to 110 of Dex, therefore much simpler to use.

Red Flash is our friend :D

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 16:44
you saturn guys sure are highly strung, wonder why that is ? :rolleyes: :lol:

-=Bl@de=-
28-02-04, 16:49
more skilled id say lol

j/k

Cyphor
28-02-04, 17:02
If all your going to do is duel then yes this will be a big boost, its in no way overpowered though imo, what it will mean is that you'll have weakish resists and in an op war you'll do well till the drugs start to flash (the effect will stack with anti-stun etc).

Rieper
28-02-04, 17:10
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
dont tell me not till ive tried it, ive tried pretty much every setup for pe and there is absolutly NO POINT in gimping yourself to that level.

PEs really arent too useful at op wars, they excel at duelling. If you want to be a top dueller with an interesting setup, use executioner. It is significantly more powerful than any other weapon in the tech pistol lineup, including ROLH, and because the range is short as long as you arent touching the fusion bonus comes in to it.. 3 or 4 metres between you and you see why its so uber.

and its NOT overpowered, its balanced for aiming and clip and fighting. NF is a small open arena, in a real fight it wont be so uber. Duelling however i would say its the best weapon to use.

Kal
28-02-04, 17:13
methinks the executioner will be the 'next' RoLH

Rade
28-02-04, 17:14
exec is nice, however you _have_ to drug to reach it atm. After
next patch you can get exec and stealth 2 without drugging
however ;) It takes a few MC5s and stuff tho.

XanX
28-02-04, 18:06
God damn it, I was hoping to be a new breed of exec PE, when the patch hit.

Damn this sucks, I've even been getting exec parts for this purpose lol

-=Bl@de=-
28-02-04, 18:19
Ok you have a powerfull weopon but still gimped cons :S

Might work against unskilled runners but no way to a proper pvp setup pe.

Rade
28-02-04, 18:22
Ok you have a powerfull weopon but still gimped cons :S

Might work against unskilled runners but no way to a proper pvp setup pe.

?

I have a rolh setup, Ill have the exact same defence if i spec for
110 dex and exec after patch. If you find me a PE that can beat
me Ill give you a cookie.

Duder
28-02-04, 18:23
As a lowtech pistol pe i cant really see how this would boost me?

Rieper
28-02-04, 18:27
true, but most pistoleros use TC coz libby is so nerfed.

-=Bl@de=-
28-02-04, 18:30
lol rade when i was pistols id take that smirk off ur face >.< shame i dont play pluto

Rade
28-02-04, 18:33
lol rade when i was pistols id take that smirk off ur face >.< shame i dont play pluto

We can do it on the test server.

Clownst0pper
28-02-04, 18:39
We can do it on the test server

Blade has TS access. And is pistols :angel:

I beat him tho ;)

Rade
28-02-04, 18:59
blade? *sulks*

Actually it would be great fun to duel some of you PEs that dont
play on pluto and consider yourself ubar. PM me if you wanna do
some TS duels...

Drake6k
28-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by Duder
As a lowtech pistol pe i cant really see how this would boost me?

Same here.
Everyone who isn't a lowtech pistol pe says lib kinda sucks. Well I dont want it to get a boost as it works fine right now. Aiming (not the amount of hitting bullets) is all I can ask for. Any more powerful and tanks will really start to cry again.

Anyways a PE that uses exec has to seriously gimp himself and drug atm... it's not a boost.

I've seen a pistol spy own a good tank with his exec in pp :D So you could say that spys got a boost aswell.

Rieper
28-02-04, 19:09
Originally posted by Drake6k
Same here.
Everyone who isn't a lowtech pistol pe says lib kinda sucks. Well I dont want it to get a boost as it works fine right now. Aiming (not the amount of hitting bullets) is all I can ask for. Any more powerful and tanks will really start to cry again.

Anyways a PE that uses exec has to seriously gimp himself and drug atm... it's not a boost.

I've seen a pistol spy own a good tank with his exec in pp :D So you could say that spys got a boost aswell.

im a lowtech pistol pe on pluto, but i suck :p

Sleawer
28-02-04, 19:13
As long as the damage is not lowered with its TL...

Rade
28-02-04, 19:18
It will be, all damages are dependant on TL, but its such a small
change. However all rares are getting their damage nerfed on
test server, its a real mess.

Arch Enemy
28-02-04, 19:28
pistol pe's using the executioner is just a bad idea imo

Rade
28-02-04, 19:39
Originally posted by Arch Enemy
pistol pe's using the executioner is just a bad idea imo

care to elaborate?

Bl@zed
28-02-04, 20:11
i have no idea really how people can gimp themselves on a pe to use executioner or rolh. To me its all about balence, and thats what a JUDGE pe is, good t-c combat pe, but you don't gimp and can still have capped resists and 400 hp pool. But whatever, thats my take on things. ;)

Rieper
28-02-04, 20:17
they do it to be the best. This pe i was fighting had top end resists as well. Hes also a talented pvper.. but his setup is very very good.

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 20:20
don't bother asking him rade :) and your uberness is highly due to the fact you use an overpowered weapon atm. You'd never duel me with a libby when I was a libby user, and I could still beat you with libby (oh wait your aiming was off or some excuse right?). Well you haven't tried me with melee yet so don't declare yourself the uberest yet.

Rieper, Executioner and other fusion pistols do not have the range bonus that other fusion weapons do, which is the main reason executioner is so powerful. I don't know if this is a bug or feature. Next patch, IF the TL's remain the same from test server, which isn't likely as we still got lots of testing to do, executioner will by far be the best pistol. 3 TL difference between RoLH and Exeuctioner may give RoLH a better advantage for PE's however, because of frequency and dmg. A spy with an executioner is much more capable I think than a PE with one.

greploco
28-02-04, 20:26
you saturn guys sure are highly strung, wonder why that is ?

it's the lag, FREs, and sync-deaths

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 20:28
because other servers never get that, we never have crashes or sync or lag, we are in super wonderful magical server of high latency and error free coding!

:rolleyes:

greploco
28-02-04, 20:30
how do you guys get over the rate of fire with these top end high tech pistols ?

it's terrible

Rade
28-02-04, 20:40
That rolh PEs are overpowered is the most tired excuse Ive ever
heard, yeah it does good damage and has nice aiming, however I
pay for that with gimped defence. Its not like im the only person
in the world thats allowed to use that setup, however most other
PEs that try it actually goes back to lib or judge or blacksun, its all
about preference because those setups are all pretty equal. If
RoLH was so overpowered for PEs then why isnt every PE out
there using it? Its not, get over it. And if RoLH is the only reason I
beat people, why do I beat all the RoLH PEs as well? They should
suitable pwn me if it was all about the RoLH no?

Second, do you not remember the last time we fought? You with
lib, me with RoLH, you dieing alot, getting pissed and stopping
duels when you were losing? And Im so sorry that I dont fight
with liberators on my RoLH setup, yeah I should take the worst
part from two completely different setups and become complete
crap, sounds smart, or do you suggest I should lom to a lib setup
just to satisfy you?

Im surprised kramer I had you figured as a reasonable guy and
suddenly youre talking smack.

If anyone wants to duel me you know where to find me, that
door is always open.

Stigmata
28-02-04, 21:00
fucking hell, why do all the PE's have such massive ego's.

Q`alooaith
28-02-04, 21:02
Pistol Spy's will have a few nice day's though.

Rade
28-02-04, 21:25
Originally posted by stigmata

Because we like em the size of OUR DICKS! WHICH ARE HUGE!

Barak
28-02-04, 21:33

not ALL of us, then again i got little reason to have one bleh

and what the hecks with all the friggin pistol tweaking give the fekkin RC PE some lovin.....grrrr

Prodigious
28-02-04, 21:35

i redflash whiteflash for slasher/exec, and still have a pp chip in, but my con setups is fucked to say the least lol, but, i dont get a flash very often only after maybe 5 whiteflash pills

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 21:40
Originally posted by Rade

Second, do you not remember the last time we fought? You with
lib, me with RoLH, you dieing alot, getting pissed and stopping
duels when you were losing? And Im so sorry that I dont fight
with liberators on my RoLH setup, yeah I should take the worst
part from two completely different setups and become complete
crap, sounds smart, or do you suggest I should lom to a lib setup
just to satisfy you?

lol you admit yourself liberator < RoLH. And I'm not talking smack but when I see ridiculous signatures like "bow down to the masta" and you talking about how uber you are it pisses me off because really no matter how good you are you shouldn't act like that. What I said was pruning your ego and you sure took the bait.

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 21:42
Hehe, that's two drugs though :p. Using two drugs for normal operation is just.. ugh.

Barak
28-02-04, 21:42
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
lol you admit yourself liberator < RoLH. And I'm not talking smack but when I see ridiculous signatures like "bow down to the masta" and you talking about how uber you are it pisses me off because really no matter how good you are you shouldn't act like that. What I said was pruning your ego and you sure took the bait.

much as I hate to agree with Kramer you should come down to earth a bit Rade - or else i show the trapped in a hole at MB pic :p

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 21:50
Originally posted by Barak
much as I hate to agree with Kramer you should come down to earth a bit Rade - or else i show the trapped in a hole at MB pic :p

Come down to earth? Are you mtfing serious? Hell yea Rade has a big ego, but so does Kramer. If someone is gonna critiscize other people for their egos they sure as hell should make sure they don't have a big ass one themselves. Not only that, but kramer is incredibly arrogant too.

And kramer what''s the point of pointing out that Rade admitted RolH>liberator.

Do you want Rade to use liberator when he could use Rolh against someone using lib on a full defense lib setup? Yea ok that makes sense. O_o

I'm pointing this out, because I know how you get when you lose kramer. You CAN'T TAKE IT. If it's Rade, it's because ROlh takes no skill or it's overpowered, blah blah. If it's apu, it's because their skill-less, or overpowered, blah blah. There's always some excuse. That's why I stopped fighting you in neofrag. If you lost.......omfg, I wouldn't hear the end of it till judgement day.

Now that's the 64$ question.

Prodigious
28-02-04, 21:59
Hehe, that's two drugs though :p. Using two drugs for normal operation is just.. ugh.

i know
but that aint normal operation
normal operation is judge,but since i dont have the know how or the brains, or to be quite frank, the effort to work out my con setup drugging is the only way to up my offence to make up for complete lack of defence,

on the plus side i get a sweet ass runspeed with redflash whiteflash lol

besides we all know your a druggy dribble, :p u must have took 2 drugs before, redflash(because you always have / will take it) and destrosol forte for old haz/heat 1 setups

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 22:00
lol SD you're just the same or worse in that case. If I kept my tounge you would blow up regardless. I haven't put you on ignore and started attacking you out of spite (even if you're a clan mate) before. My spurts of anger unfortunately have to do with personal life and I try hard to keep them out of game. It's harmless untargetted, never personal, and has nothing to do with situations I'm in and I feel bad and sorry if I ever do blow up.

edit: btw sd your interpretation of me getting upset is becuase we do an FFA. This effectively kills all pros of a PE and makes them worse than a spy as they don't have time to buff up. So I mention this and you overreact and go WTF STOP BITCHING THAT I'M PWNING YOU after you get 2 hl hits on my corpse once I respawn due to bugs (making me respawn with 100 health) then come up 3 seconds after to finish me off. I duel you it's a much different story and I have no complaints ever as it's a fair ground for the classes to use their setup to the fullest.

Wanting rade to duel with liberator has nothing to do with defense but rather the skill required for a weapon. A person using libby at it's full potential can compete evenly with a RoLH user I think. But full potential of a libby is NEVER reached: you must consider the random chances it has of missing a bullet or two and not even hitting sometimes. Also liberators suffer partial damage penalties and take a severe drop in damage output towards lower health. It takes much more skill to use a liberator effectively and kill someone with. RoLH is just about an apu spell, point and shoot. I myself do not like liberator, it's not my gun. That's not to say I don't try to be effective with it or lack skill. I felt if both of us used liberator it would be a more even match because they are effective weapons yet require more skill to be effective with.

When it comes down to fighters who've done everything and have had plenty of time to hone their skills and setups, their setup has very little impact in determining the wins, as they both will have good skill at weapons and the differences between a lowtech defense setup a hightech dex/imp setup are not noticable. Maybe in an op fight yes but duels no not really, if you have the skills. The translated resists between 120 resist and the opponents 140, combined with PE shelter, are not even worth acknowledging. Combine with the fact I was using VKA, my resist setup was likely identical in strengths.

Also consider the fact Rayguns do not suffer partial damage penalty because they are non locational so it in fact neutralizes any possibly benefits I could get from a lowtech setup. So yes I strongly think that the advantage of Rade's weapon being easier to use on top of more consistant and not being reduced to partial damage made for an unfair duel regardless of setup, which had differences so minimal it's not worth mentioning.

Rieper
28-02-04, 22:41
uhm, Rolh does not gimp you if you MC5.. top PEs have uber def and uber dmg... Exe probably does gimp out to the extent that you have low defence made up for by high offence.. tbh i think a weapon like the ROLH is overpowered because you can run circles round people with it and the aiming requires no skill.. its even easier than the CS...

VetteroX
28-02-04, 23:04
Excellent post Kramer. I have said the same myself over and over again, just with ruder comments inserted in :cool: people who cant see that ray weapons never going down in damage with low hp is much more powerful the the potential to take out legs on normal guns is unbalanced.... damage never going down with low hp is much, much better, but totaly unbalanced and over powering. Ray of last hope does huge damage, its clip is HUGE... 30 freaking shots a clip? good god... and it aims faster then any other pistol in the game. ray weapon take no skill to use, period. Its so damn frustrating fighting them, I always get them to like 50 hp, and I have 300 left, but lib/judge just cant drop them, and I get down to like 50 or less or even die before they finnaly drop. People who cant see it are just insane. They know its too good too because I give rolh users the option of getting a heat 3 buff from a ppu, and THEN fighting me with lib, and they STILL refuse... proves right there, they know their gun is unfair.

And kramer .... tell lupus to nerf rolh... he needs more then just me asking or it wont happen. and if u rolh pes really do have skill, u wont mind it getting nerfed, because your just so skilled, you will be able to do great with a REAL gun, right?

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 23:25
You want to know the defense difference between a ppr/moveon/filter 2 setup and a motoric/ba3/str2 setup? 70 poison, 10 or so fire, 10-15 extra health.

Every hightech PE is garaunteed to have ignored posion. They feel they can evade it easily with stealth or that it's not very important to sacrifice resists for in the first place. Every lowtech user doesn't have stealth and they use VKA. If they DO use titan or power armor, even then they get +5-10 resists overall more than a typical hightech PE. This translates into a negligible difference. I will perform tests myself and post results here.

Non-locational weapons have such an advantage over locational it's ridiculous. Why do you see Spy's using RoG over FL? Tanks using Dev over CS? and yes many PE's prefer RoLH/BoH over judge and libby. You combine that advantage with the insignifigant defense difference we're talking about here between lowtech and hightech it simply means superior advantage for hightech.

Rade
29-02-04, 00:07
RoLH is massively nerfed on the test server, and if it goes in I will
spec for another weapon, I have no problem with that. I actually
welcome the change because Ive had this setup for a lil too long
now. I'm confident that I can perform just as well with any other
weapon that I spec for, or with my melee tank or whatever. The
reason that I use high level guns (BoH or RoLH) on Rade is that
the PE PA 4 is the only one that looks good and that I use stealth
2, now if you look at the stealth 2 reqs and what imps I need to
use youll see that yes, my defence is gimped, and that I already
have the dex to use those weapons so I would be a fool not to
do so.

I also have 80 POR and use FH2, I need the poison resist, if you
think that h-c pistoliers dont need it then Id say you dont have
that much recent experience with the class.

Now if anyone has a problem with me or believe that I suck or
whatever you are welcome to duel me on any of my chars, I will
however chose how I set them up, not you. If you think that any
of my setups are better then your setups then maybe yours is
the one that needs changing, not mine.