PDA

View Full Version : Upping hand grenades

Heavyporker
28-02-04, 16:08
Many of us know their limitations... and apparently KK doesn't want to change the requirements to use them or to add new damage type/ability grenades... so...

how about making them more desirable to use...

As in tripling or quadrupling the damage from hand grenades and perhaps increasing the weight of hand grenades 2x (to give a reason for slowing down that bit when you have a fooking hand grenade out).

My rationale for this - the reload for hand grenades is MUCH MUCH slower than with any other weapon (including sniper rifles, I warrant you), and the highest of them is TL 52... and it doesn't outdamage the tangent grenade launcher, really, does it?

At least the damage increase will allow the extremely limited damage types to ACTUALLY hurt their targets.

So... failing the removal of skill/subskill requirement on these hand grenades... would a damage increase be warranted?

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 16:11
Rumour has it the TG epic reward will be a bp'able TL 100 + grenade comparable to a moonstriekr rocket in damage .. perhaps then the TL's will be up'd to close the gap

Heavyporker
28-02-04, 16:49
Hmmmm.... TL 100? I thought that all the epic items were set at TL 75....

XanX
28-02-04, 17:52
HELLOOOO KK, listen up, make Hand Grenades M-C FFS

You use your hand to through em, and they are obivously the thing that most melees are missing. Also, if there was a range of Grens like the people have asked for, it would introuduce a whole new range of melee combatants.

AND BEFORE YOU POST MELEE ARE CLOSE UP,

Melee needs more weaps, cus its damnd dull tbh, even adding the current non-rare weapons (Knuckles and Baseball bat) Doesnt change the weaps that much, we need some cool, different weapons. Maybe a chainsaw, or a High Powered Rivet Gun, that can have poison mods, to do DoT.

Grens should be the realm of the melee user though, purely from a leveling aspect, leveling melee is very hard due to other AoE chars wanting to attack the creature your right up next to smacking it with your pointy stick.

My 2c Anyways.........

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:11
I totally agree on making them M-C and making the TL's viable for them, along with making different types of grenades.

Cytaur
29-02-04, 03:19
in real life, hand grenades (at least M67) is sized of a tennis ball and weights a bit less than a baseball o_o

Dribble Joy
29-02-04, 03:22
Make them explode on contact/proximity.

PsiCorps
29-02-04, 04:23
either delete them form existance, or make them uber. they just waste space

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:01
Yeah, they really need to get teh hand grenades damages upped and have different types, like the types you can get in a grenade launcher.

t0tt3
29-02-04, 05:49
LET THEM STACK!!!!!!!!! WHO WANTS 10 HANDGRANADES IN THEIR QB!!!!!!111ONEONE :rolleyes:

leGit v. 2
29-02-04, 06:14
why would you give it to melee.. melee is getting boosted.. and getting the dentist and the other shit bat rare.. give it to the tanks.. and nerf the dev( or dont nerf the dev and get me one)

Spoon
29-02-04, 07:55
Up the Hand Grenades?

Are you guys crazy?

The Butchees' and Hurlers' would become the next uber mob like DoY Bots and Y-Reps........:mad:

I say, NERF'UM!!!!!!!111111

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 08:01
while butchee's and hurler's might become a little more deadly, they'd not be insta killing many people cept people they should be killing quickly..

Anyway, the idea is for player hand grenades, which are hard to aim, have a low range, and don't do very much damage to mob's when they hit...

XanX
29-02-04, 13:31
Originally posted by leGit v. 2
why would you give it to melee.. melee is getting boosted.. and getting the dentist and the other shit bat rare.. give it to the tanks.. and nerf the dev( or dont nerf the dev and get me one)

Cus Melee have absolutely NO AoE, but HC Tanks are the Biggest AoE Dealer after Monks, and they arent that fair behind really.

So I was hoping that KK might re-think this and make Grens MC, Then all the Melee users wouldnt get moand at in the chaos caves :)

Q`alooaith
29-02-04, 13:41
XanX,

If melee should get AoE so should rifle user's, since that would leave them as the only class that can't AoE, and in the end spy's normaly use rifle's so they need AoE badly... and so on...

Grenades are not melee weapon's, they are heavy weapons and they have their uses, low level suppression, I mean what does a 0/2 heavy tank or PE get...

Yea they only get nades, melee get's knives and other sharp pointy things, heavy don't get non AoE untill the laser cannons and other such weapons...

I'd much rather see nades double damage, not more than that, but that's enough to be a real weapon for the level they are.

Benjie
29-02-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

Grenades are not melee weapon's, they are heavy weapons and they have their uses,
Grenades are not Heavy Weapons, but they are not melee weapons either.

In my opinion, just take away the stupid H-C skill requirement and change it to T-C.

Then both classes get there beans.