28-02-04, 13:31
Originally posted by Benjie
almost.

yeah, if it did a viable amout of damage it would be fine

Mumblyfish
28-02-04, 13:32
Originally posted by Kal

I think a more suitable "fix" would be to increase the reticle lock speed. As I see it, the damage is fine. It's the ultimate "levelling" gun. Easily obtainable, easy to cap, crazy damage for it's tech level.

Benjie
28-02-04, 13:32
Originally posted by Kal
In PvP only.

To fix PvP with this gun all it needs is a Range boost.

Kal
28-02-04, 13:36
Originally posted by Benjie
In PvP only.

To fix PvP with this gun all it needs is a Range boost.

it needs a slight bonus to the stacking damage, i can hit every shot in a duel and still someone using lib/judge/any tank gun or rifle/any rare gun ever will outdamage it if they are hitting most shots

Fez
28-02-04, 13:44
on test sever its alot better 103 range .. faster lock speed and more damge, they fix it evenentaully

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 13:45
Wyatt remember is a tl 88 weapon, yes it's a rare, but it's a shit rare.
That said the range does indeed need a considerable boost, and I think it is getting one soon.

Kal
28-02-04, 14:00
tbh i dont mind what form it comes in but i just want another viable pvp lotech pistol

VetteroX
28-02-04, 14:03
ill tell you why. first, erap is a little better then lib pvm, not 2X better... it kills maybe 20% faster. pvm with erap, u never miss a shot, where as pvm with lib, u miss like 30% of your bullets. pvp, erp misses a good amount, and lib still misses like 30%. lib gets a burst bonus in pvp, which supposedly justifies its missing bullets, but it misses too many bullets still. erap gets no burst bunus, so does less.

J. Folsom
28-02-04, 14:03
It's because it's a single shot weapon. Burst weapons have an advantage in PvP because they aren't bothered by the "No single shot can kill" rule, while the Earp probably does have trouble from that rule.

I'm not sure about the Earp's power though, I just know that's why the Silent Hunter is less good then it could be.

EDIT: Bleh forgot about burst bonus. But Vet explained that.

Kal
28-02-04, 14:09
its not the single shot damage that matters, its the crap stacked damage

edit: and yeah vet, you've pretty much nailed it

olavski
28-02-04, 14:31
it can use a slight boost,

i like it because it's one of the best looking rares ;)

J. Folsom
28-02-04, 14:33
Originally posted by Kal
its not the single shot damage that matters, its the crap stacked damage Have you tried using it with normal ammo? You should be able to load normal ammo in again by shoving all your special ammo in the gogo, emptying your current clip, then manually shoving in normal ammo.
Might be that you get better damage that way.

Benjie
28-02-04, 14:37
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Wyatt remember is a tl 88 weapon, yes it's a rare, but it's a shit rare.
Don't forget that it's 50% of the non-teck pe's weapon line up.

You can't use that low tl crap this time, sorry.

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 14:39
Why not, so what if it is half of thier weapons? It's beside the point.

Anyway tl will denote dmg after the next patch anyway.

Kal
28-02-04, 14:43
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Have you tried using it with normal ammo? You should be able to load normal ammo in again by shoving all your special ammo in the gogo, emptying your current clip, then manually shoving in normal ammo.
Might be that you get better damage that way.

tryed, each shot does about the same damage as 1 blob of CS plasma

modded with stacking ammo is much better

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 22:08
But it's TL 88. Maybe all rares should have a special additional ability since their rare, unrelated to damage/aiming/rof.

Something like wyatt earp giving a + to agility, or something.

StryfeX
28-02-04, 22:12
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
But it's TL 88. Maybe all rares should have a special additional ability since their rare, unrelated to damage/aiming/rof.

Something like wyatt earp giving a + to agility, or something. Oooo. <3

That would be really nice. Maybe see if you can't base the bonus on its little "story".

--Stryfe

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 22:35
All rares are starting from their base weapon type's range and retroactively being adjusted in a logical scale to increase in range. Wyatt Earp on TS caps at 108m, compared to retail's 25m. This will definitly help this weapon out.

I really enjoyed pvp'ing with earp even knowing it's limitations. It generally wasn't something I could use against serious contendors, but now with a range increase the reticle will be tighter and may give the possibility of it being a sufficient pvp weapon.

Kal
29-02-04, 01:42
earp is my faverate gun <3

its as of yet been really annoying in pvp as you literally miss 1-2/5 shots with it and even with a tight reticle for the whole fight the damage sucks

perhaps the range boost will helpa little

Heavyporker
29-02-04, 01:55
little hard for me to believe that a projectile-based (9mm rounds at that) pistol can shoot accurately to 100 meters...

:p

Glok
29-02-04, 01:57
Well, it is a rare in the 27th century, Heavy. Maybe some super gyrostabilizers or something. But 23 max range was just sad.

Psyco Groupie
29-02-04, 02:02
Earp reminds me of BB guns .. heh

Scikar
29-02-04, 02:04
Originally posted by Heavyporker
little hard for me to believe that a projectile-based (9mm rounds at that) pistol can shoot accurately to 100 meters...

It can't in game either. 100 metres will see your reticle half closed if that.

Prodigious
29-02-04, 02:05
Originally posted by Heavyporker

do we have t explain this is not a realism game :p

how many times!!!!
the game is all about balance and fairness these days and lets face it wyatt is fucking cool and everyone wants one, but once you get one you realise that not only is it fucking cool, its fucking shit.

needs a boost (whether its a realistic boost or not :p)
nuff said :D