PDA

View Full Version : Routers: Help Me

Mingerroo
28-02-04, 12:49
So, I have a router so my family can share the net connection that I pay for -_-.

But my problem isn't one of a necessary assassination, it is one of constant syncs. I've had a mate round playing my NC, but the problem is that it syncs me out CONSTANTLY, like within 2 minutes of logging in every time.

I'm in the DMZ, have set the Neocron LOCALPORT = 6000 and even opened the ports 5090-6010 (these are replacement numbers to stop people assaulting my system) to both UDP and TCP. But no effect, it is STILL syncing me out.

Help me, please.

Steve

Argent
28-02-04, 12:56
Originally posted by Mingerroo
I'm in the DMZ, have set the Neocron LOCALPORT = 6000 and even opened the ports 5090-6010 (these are replacement numbers to stop people assaulting my system) to both UDP and TCP. But no effect, it is STILL syncing me out.

Steve

If you really are in DMZ it doesn't matter which ports are open since all traffic should automatically come to your comp.

Seems like the router cuts your connection for some reason at regural interwalls. Can you listen to internetradio feeds without disturbance?

Mingerroo
28-02-04, 12:59
Yeah, I can ^^

Steve

Argent
28-02-04, 13:03
Maybe you should try to update the router's firmware if you haven't done so already and if it's possible. Usually that fixes similar problems to this (and rebooting routers, etc).

Mingerroo
28-02-04, 13:06
Ok, thanks for the quick replies :D

Steve