PDA

View Full Version : Does KK knows how to test products ?

PulsarBl0w
28-02-04, 11:54
One thing is really boring me.
The so called "accidental boost of the weapons" that appears in release patches. Accidental this, accidental that, blaah

Every times its appears, i have the same feeling of a non finished work. Its boring me like a Christmas song does.
A test server runs well.
Some of us like to play on it to test what will be released tomorrow. They accept the trouble of bugs.
Some of us dont play there coz they dont want to get the mess of all these crapy things.

I dont understand how it is possible to boost weapons stats accidentaly.
Each weapons got their own stats. Its something hard coded. Its not a magical formula that depend on not known factors. Each of these factors are well known. HC, PC, RC, shields, resists etc...
When you decide to boost a weapon, you decide to change these stuff.
So how can they tell us its accidental ? Dont they know their game to mod something accidentaly ? O_o

But if it is really accidental, it only means that they use commercial servers as testing servers.
They dont stress test their patch before releasing them.
And that is boring me much more.
Men, i pay this fucking game to play in decent conditions. I had never inrolled to be a beta tester.

This the buggiest game i ever played but i love it. Yeah its the best ever.
When i decided to pay to play it, i accepted all the existing bugs.

You might have developped the best game ever, if you dont have a real professional development attitude all you do is crappy products. Professional development rules are 40% conception, 30% production(development) and 30% of time for the testing phase. Do they really know that ?

Sorry for flaming but this way of doing things hurts me bad.
I want my culprit, the one who said : accidental blaah... :mad:

Alan
28-02-04, 12:01
I'm sorry, you're a little annoying sorry annoyed, but do have any concept how complex a task it is to code a beast off a program like this??? Mmoprg's are infamious for bug's, error's unforseen nerf's, etc. Hell even day's off downtime after a patch in extreme case's, this is the nature off the beast!

amfest
28-02-04, 12:03
isn't it because the test server isnt' like retail . .in patch versions and such so even though they can test it there to see how it is don't they have to sorta write up a package again to do the same thing on the retail servers and during that phase .. accidents can happen? . . sorry i'm a lil hazy on this part . . but during those sorta transfer .. yup changing the wrong values could happen ..lol

Tratos
28-02-04, 12:04
You do have to be aware although the next patch wont be for a while if you have a look at Lupus' work on the test server forum he is trying to fix damages of individual weapons

So with next patch we will have

More weapons to fill TL gaps
weapon damages changed
Accidental rare boost removed

~Tratos

PulsarBl0w
28-02-04, 12:15
Originally posted by Alan
I'm sorry, you're a little annoying sorry annoyed, but do have any concept how complex a task it is to code a beast off a program like this??? Mmoprg's are infamious for bug's, error's unforseen nerf's, etc. Hell even day's off downtime after a patch in extreme case's, this is the nature off the beast!

Man, the beast grows because you let it grows. Its a fact.
What i say is that they should change their method, cause yeah refactoring wont change things, time will come u need to rewrite the entire beast 8|

Endar
28-02-04, 12:40
I think the accidental boosts has happened because of the weapon formulas, if you change something like dmg of the lazar pistol a bit, it might become more powerful than a beggar nailgun because the lazar gun is more accurate and its RoF is greater. So its not about the weapon dmg all the time, it can be about range or RoF too what makes the guns unbalanced. At just try to balance about 150 weapons at the same time without making one too powerful, just try it :D After all there are more weapons than just pistols and rifles, there are drones and spells too and those all need to be balanced :)

Mattimeo
28-02-04, 13:08
In response to the thread title, No.

I have no idea how the game is coded, I make no presumptions to know. But I DO know that when you turn on the kitchen sink the toilet shouldn't flush, and thats the kind of stuff we get.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 13:45
don't forget that on saturn there is an appartment in mb where you inter where you go up in mb but come down in neocron in plaza 2.

VetteroX
28-02-04, 13:59
KK never gets it right on weapons... they need to actually play the game instead of blindly making changes.... Im making a melee tank right now... a tl 115 devils grace AND a boost in melee power will be too damn much... all that was needed was to make the rare melee weapons higher tl, but no... gotta do boosts with a rocket, not little pushes. Judge is good atm. but no, KK is making it even stronger then it is now... too strong. EPR is better in every way then a pain easer.... the list goes on... say all you want "its test, not retail" I personaly have not see 1 test change not make it to retial.