PDA

View Full Version : Dev power->too extreme?

Mr Friendly
28-02-04, 06:48
as most of us know, the accidental boost of the Dev & CS from the last patch will be fixed. does neone think they should nerf it a tiny bit after they fix the boost? (just wantin to get everyone's opinion on the dev)

cuz im sorry, but tanks shouldnt have a weapon that ********** any other class easily without buffs, & can kill ppus even with buffs:eek:

Benjie
28-02-04, 06:54
Perhaps...

I mean Tanks do extreme damage with those weapons even before the boost and there defence is on par with a buffed pe.

I'm nost so sure that is what I would call balanced.

Don't forget that a ppu buffed Tank not only does extreme damage, but they also have defence almost equal to a ppu. They become unstoppable 1v1 with both partys ppu buffed, unless the other parts in another ppu buffed tank.

~Drav~
28-02-04, 06:56
when it gets nerfed, NERF IT AGAIN ! just for double measure, like they did to the APUs !

Let them remove the accidental boost, then see what its like in comparison to everything else, then if needed, tweak its damage further.

Rieper
28-02-04, 08:14
i've already gone back to the CS.. people are learning to beat the dev now, and its really not on a par with cs when it comes to skill based fighting.. the aiming is v. different and the range is a joke.

Drake6k
28-02-04, 08:42
Most tanks cant hit me with the freakin dev. If I just use cover and keep a heal on they're fucked. Not all of them though. It's rare for a skilled player to play a tank :) but there are some that dont miss and those kill me real fast. I see a lot of tanks using a CS intead of a dev and then pulling out the dev when they start to lose :D. Really it is to powerful and should be nerfed. If they hit a pe or apu enough there is no way to win. It sucks when you have no possible chance against some people... no class needs a gun so powerful. Giving the dev a small nerf wouldn't hurt tanks in any way what so ever

LiL T
28-02-04, 08:59
I'm getting better at avoiding get hit by that thing in fact this is helping me get better at also avoiding the CS more speed does wonders ;)

ServeX
28-02-04, 09:23
maybe you should take into consideration
Silent Hunters can now solo PPUs using Spirit ammo mods. Spirit Ammo mods prevent the monks from using shelter/deflectors.

Also in addition to the more than plentiful boost to melee, they are introducing a melee weapon that removes psi use every time you hit someone.

So, maybe you should take into consideration that the devourer is somewhat of the only reason many HC tanks are still HC tanks. Most of the other tank weapons suck ass with the exception of the devourer. If the devourer gets nerfed badly enough I might as well go melee as we all know melee is going to be extremely powerful next patch, and with the anti-psi melee rare.

KimmyG
28-02-04, 09:36
Dev just got an unneed boost that should be taken off thats it dont see any reason to nerf it anymore that removeing something that shouldn't have been done.

FatDogg
28-02-04, 10:01
*cough* which does more damage a dev or a mosquito? *cough*

edit: bear in mind my tank is melee

Mr Friendly
28-02-04, 10:02
Originally posted by ServeX
Silent Hunters can now solo PPUs using Spirit ammo mods. Spirit Ammo mods prevent the monks from using shelter/deflectors.

Also in addition to the more than plentiful boost to melee, they are introducing a melee weapon that removes psi use every time you hit someone.

So, maybe you should take into consideration that the devourer is somewhat of the only reason many HC tanks are still HC tanks. Most of the other tank weapons suck ass with the exception of the devourer. If the devourer gets nerfed badly enough I might as well go melee as we all know melee is going to be extremely powerful next patch, and with the anti-psi melee rare.

......it it just me or does everyone else notice all these rare weapons & mods point towards killing monks easier.......

good fekin hell, leave em be

Originally posted by FatDogg
*cough* which does more damage a dev or a mosquito? *cough*

edit: bear in mind my tank is melee
dev by far

FatDogg
28-02-04, 10:03
we all know melee is going to be extremely powerful next patch, and with the anti-psi melee rare.

wo. How did I miss that one.... anyone care to elaborate?

Mr Friendly
28-02-04, 10:34
dun see where u be gettin that from either

quote it for us

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90439

Samhain
28-02-04, 10:46
As a spy, I can't say I'm the least bit afraid of any devourer tank. A CS tank makes me kick on the evasive maneuvers, though..

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 11:00

If the monk has the reaction time of a drunk turtle, then yea he can be soloed by a sh user.

O_o

What are you talking about? I didn't hear about that. I doubt it's true though, it would be totally unfair to apus.

Btw CS doesn't suck.

Kal
28-02-04, 12:02
if what serve says is true every class is getting something good next patch (monks getting damage fixed, spys getting spirit, melee getting actually most probally overpowered and tanks got their candy last patch)

what i wanna know..

is when is it the Private Eyes turn?

greploco
28-02-04, 12:03
I was in NFrag with a dev tank, poison gas dev tank. It was no problem. guy didn't kill me once.

Tank with a drawn wepon is slow, you can practicly walk away from them. Tank in PA with drawn wepon is even slower. Once you get like 5-10 feet away from dev, the damage drops off to almost nothing.

it's a good thing that tanks can no longer be just stood down by the other classes. ya gotta dance like buffing PEs now, which is as it should be. In a recen opfight a devtank was crouched and hitting me, I thought I'd go toe to toe with him for a second and stand still to get off some shots on him as well. Bit of a mistake, had me running back to ppu.

That's just the name of the game with the dev folks. Get some range and kill that tank.

(as an aside, I do think the damage on rare psi beams has been nerfed a little over much. that combined with the advent of the dev might be part of this problem)

Lafiel
28-02-04, 12:05
personally i dont think its that bad.. if your running around it has a hard time hittin you and antipoison sanc + heal sanc i can pull off a rez with one shootin me the whole time

greploco
28-02-04, 12:11
is when is it the Private Eyes turn?

stealthing tech pistol PEs that can cash holy deflector and shelter are exteremely extremely tough

Sefran
28-02-04, 12:15
ITs overpowered , yeah u can get away from it balbalba if us stay far enough but if u get para'ed or u cant get fast enough away ur almost insta death (and not every1 plays a tank so not can have 100 con....like my spy best i can spare in poison is 30)

Imo the CS and Dev are to overpowered.

Kal
28-02-04, 12:21
Originally posted by greploco
stealthing tech pistol PEs that can cash holy deflector and shelter are exteremely extremely tough

ok, fair enough, but i play a lotech libby using pe which is gonna be getting nerfed next patch...

oh and since when can PE's cast holy shelter and deflector o_O

steweygrrr
28-02-04, 12:41
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
can kill ppus even with buffs

I shit you not (shoulda taken a screeny cos Im quite proud of this ^^) But with my 25 resist poison and 15 resist fire + Hazard 3 +Holy shelter at 418% damage I took 12 devstacks and ended up taking a total of 10 damage. And I didnt even have my heal running.

Steweygrrr PPU Uranus

greploco
28-02-04, 20:33
arg

oh and since when can PE's cast holy shelter and deflector

my mistake, blessed deflector and regular shelter --- if they are slotted up to 120 damage those shields are very tough --- you can have hits on them and do no damage

Lanigav
28-02-04, 20:37
Just remove the accidental boost. It was just peachy before then

Hell, my PPU could outheal a direct attack from it because I had proper fire and poison resists. And its weak as shit against me with my Holy Antipoison Sanctum up.

Sefran
28-02-04, 20:41
@ Steweygrr : Thats unpossible with NO heal NO capped shelter and about no resist fire/poison and ur saying u take 10(???!!!) dmg from 12 full stacks of devourer yeah right....

Gguess u wanne keep ur overpowered dev. tank huh cause no way that can be true what ur saying...

Des
28-02-04, 20:56
A rare wep that attacks psi..hell, a rare wep of any kind?
A RARE?
There is no such thing as a rare anything in Neocron. Give it a month on the servers and it will be quite common.

steweygrrr
28-02-04, 22:33
Originally posted by Sefran
@ Steweygrr : Thats unpossible with NO heal NO capped shelter and about no resist fire/poison and ur saying u take 10(???!!!) dmg from 12 full stacks of devourer yeah right....

Gguess u wanne keep ur overpowered dev. tank huh cause no way that can be true what ur saying...

Like I said, shoulda taken a screeny cos you appear to be one of those never happened to me so it cant happen types. And FYI I dont have a devtank.

Rieper
28-02-04, 22:43
Originally posted by Sefran

sure it wasnt an NCPD flamer? that or you were about 10metres from the dev tank and it stacked and didnt do dmg... OR you zoned while stacked on and it stops dmging you.

Mr Friendly
28-02-04, 22:48
apus are supposed to be even with a tank in straight 1v1. tanks can now easily take on 2 apus with the Dev, considering it only takes about 3 burst from it to kill 3m :\

dem0n
29-02-04, 00:41
I'm just going to say one thing

nibbish TL dev owns higher TL DG.

better power, better speed, better range, better aiming
^ironic.

ZoomZoom
29-02-04, 02:36
i dont like the dev one bit i think the cs should be over powered and not the dev because i think cs is better :rolleyes:

Scikar
29-02-04, 02:40
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
apus are supposed to be even with a tank in straight 1v1. tanks can now easily take on 2 apus with the Dev, considering it only takes about 3 burst from it to kill 3m :\

I must have missed that line, I'm sure KK last said APUs are supposed to be behind the front lines while tanks are on it, didn't they? They just suddenly changed that and said APUs should be able to stand toe to toe with tanks?

And HL is currently bugged anyway so you can't base APUs for comparison.

Besides, if you look on test server no single weapon has the same damage as it currently does on retail, so the current state of any weapon is irrelevant. All that matters is the current damage on test, because current test is a fact finding patch. The damage any weapon deals currently in retail is completely irrelevant to the damage it will do in the next retail patch. If you have a problem with damage, test it on test server first, then compare it to others on the test server, and if you think it's overpowered then, say so. Saying here that current retail dev is overpowered will do absolutely nothing.

Possessed
29-02-04, 02:48
Originally posted by greploco
my mistake, blessed deflector and regular shelter --- if they are slotted up to 120 damage those shields are very tough --- you can have hits on them and do no damage

Erm... :wtf: shelters don't negate damage they just reduce it.

PEs do need a new toy, we haven't had anything substantial since the termi (and that is only for the select few lowtech rifle PEs...) . PEs really should get something new... it's becoming a bit bland tbh.

Also, I wouldn't hate the dev so much if it was possible to resist against, because atm it is almost impossible to effectively resist against the dev, and to do that you would have to gimp yourself against CS... and basically everything else.

Shadow Dancer
29-02-04, 02:49
Pes need a new toy that is part of the class, not a part of tech pes only or a part of rifles pes only, etc... It should just be something every pe can utilize, like antibuff for apus.

Possessed
29-02-04, 03:03
Exactly... but the question is, what?

I haven't heard a decent idea on the subject yet....

Duder
29-02-04, 03:24
Invisibilty!!! (already taken?)

RollerSkates!!!

JetPacks!!!

Or a special skill, that is not needing to add points into VHC and HC when using vehicles, so you can just jump into a fast RED car and drive onto the sunset or use that huge rhino gun without any knowledge whatsoever!!! Good for making fun out of other classes who need to specialize to drive or gun a vehicle!!!!!

Able to tame wolves and droms!!!

Anti-Buff Slingshot!!! (already taken?)

Godmode!!! (already taken?)

Able to use every implant with no reqs needed!! (overpowering!!!)

Hats!!!!

more Glasses!!!

Or how about; NOTHING WHATSOEVER BECAUSE SPIES ARE ALWAYS THE UNDERDOGS AND NEEDS LOTS AND LOTS OF TECH TOYS TO PLEASE THEMSELVES AND PES ARE JOATS AND HAVE SHELTER WITHOUT DRUGGING AND I CANT USE SHELTER WITHOUT DRUGGING SO THAT MUST MEAN THEY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE SO NO TOYS FOR THEM NO SIRE AND NEVERMIND THE STEALTH TOOLS.

Id like to use vehicles without spec. for it, i could be driving a fast RED SUV and i could type witty remarks at the pedestrians while driving my SUV and then drive really fast around the block for an hour to impress the "hoes".

PsiCorps
29-02-04, 04:25
Heavy weapons by friggin definition should do masses of damage, whats the point in lugging a huge black plasmacannon if its gonna do the damage of a judge :o

Elric
29-02-04, 04:54
I think Duder has really flipped now...

he gets worse in every post...

El Barto
29-02-04, 04:59
I don't get why people keep thinking the dev is overpowered, cos its not. If you have the slightest bit of commen sence you can kill a Gen-Tank with a dev, I have quite a few times. The dev slows you dow a hell of alot and has very short range, thats why it does so much damage.

Lucjan
29-02-04, 21:57
Originally posted by El Barto
I don't get why people keep thinking the dev is overpowered, cos its not. If you have the slightest bit of commen sence you can kill a Gen-Tank with a dev, I have quite a few times. The dev slows you dow a hell of alot and has very short range, thats why it does so much damage.

Currently the Dev has a little too much power, but I guess thats due to the accidental dmg boost. If you want to test it, take another HC tank and see for yourself. The argument that dev slows you down doesnt hold here anymore as both opponents would be HC tanks.

Possessed
29-02-04, 22:00
Like the new addition to my sig morgan? :D

Oh and you're right; the dev is not being nerfed, it is being fixed as it was never meant to be boosted in the first place.