PDA

View Full Version : KK pay attention

Clownst0pper
28-02-04, 03:25
I have a tank, His name is Koro, he lives on a server called saturn and serves FA, He has a weapon called devourer, now this devourer was made by the wisdom of the best constructors in the land, so much so that it has a flashlight, so much so that despite it being a tl98 weapon and low tech it reduces every class's defence to zero.

It is because of this weapon I am close to retiring my APU as it is beyond a joke the amount of tanks which use devourers just because they are overpowered.

KK.

THE DEVOURER IS OVERPOWERED. I have held out long enough, but no amount of resistance can get around the fact.

Sure one on one it is fine on my monk/PE at a distance, but in OP wars where things go tits up, and players often find you body flying in midair - or standing on the spot (despite u not being there) kinda fucks you up.

Not to mention that because it is stacking and poison based it bypass-s shelters, meaning really, APU's stand now chance.

I have all classes. And a tank is my main, the devourer is overpowered, I dont like to admit it, but it is causing my APU too much depression to even make me want to think about playing her.

KK SORT IT. :mad:

sw1tch
28-02-04, 03:49
whata it like on the current test server patch?
I have a tank with a devourer on there (low tech caus i forgot to spec TC, grr) but i dont have a dvourer on my tank on saturn for a comparison.

Devoureres are the only weapons that give ppu's a run for their money, well 3 tanks can easily take a ppu down with devourers if the ppu doesnt have a heal running, still then its a case of runnning fast and hoping shelter doesnt run out, i wouldnt be able to face one as an apu o_O

FatDogg
28-02-04, 03:57
Originally posted by sw1tch
Devoureres are the only weapons that give ppu's a run for their money, well 3 tanks can easily take a ppu down with devourers if the ppu doesnt have a heal running, still then its a case of runnning fast and hoping shelter doesnt run out, i wouldnt be able to face one as an apu o_O

Devourers, and droners, oh yeah and the new SH bullets. Even though my tank is melee, I applaud the fact that we can drop ppus finally with not only tanks, but spies too. Why don't you bring up the fact that the new droners could slaughter you if they wanted to? Because they arent flooded with players. People whined about hybrids until mine was nerfed to oblivion, do I care? Maybe, but I adapted new strategies. Why not thank KK that HC tanks run like snails compared to my sword bearer.

Invertigo
28-02-04, 04:24
Originally posted by FatDogg
Devourers, and droners, oh yeah and the new SH bullets. Even though my tank is melee, I applaud the fact that we can drop ppus finally with not only tanks, but spies too. Why don't you bring up the fact that the new droners could slaughter you if they wanted to? Because they arent flooded with players. People whined about hybrids until mine was nerfed to oblivion, do I care? Maybe, but I adapted new strategies. Why not thank KK that HC tanks run like snails compared to my sword bearer.

on my screen they dont, but im a tank and i know how slow there suppose to be moving...

they warp all over the place and move up to 4 times faster than there really suppose to go

Lifewaster
28-02-04, 05:14
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

THE DEVOURER IS OVERPOWERED..............Sure one on one it is fine on my monk/PE at a distance

Your saying Dev is fine 1v1 but in OP wars it owns apus.

Well I dont think so, its more like the game has evolved, Tanks are now the shock troops who charge up and spray, APUs just need to hang back closer to PPUs and concentrate fire to take ppl down when they are hurting.

APUS are still the only ones who can take down a running retreating target fast enough. Maybe if there werent any antishock drugs, tanks could do it also, but not as efficiently as APUs.

Your problem probably is you still think your living in monkacron, still handling your APU as a tank in OP wars etc and not able to take the close range beating the tanks can. And now that tanks can beat you back in close combat its not working out for you.

I feel APUs just need learn you cant behave as tanks anymore, let your own tanks do that then use your fast hitting range spells to take down the enemy tanks when they are hurting and try to run for heals etc, cos your own dev tanks wont be able to do that.

Its just a change in tactics is needed by APUs imo...

Valkyrie
28-02-04, 05:23
I feel APUs just need learn you cant behave as tanks anymore

I entirely agree, although the problem at the moment is the porr range on the beam spells. The range should be upped to counteract the devourer, leaving apus with no excuse for trying to tank a situation.