PDA

View Full Version : what do you think kk should focus on?

masterguyver
28-02-04, 02:59
Why do you think kk should focus most if not all of it's attition?
please give your honest opion.

also here is an ider for finding out what is cousing the bugs. With another mmorpg to help track down bugs they made it so that players could choose to have a log made wile playing to log what is going on with the program and have it sent automatical at a crash. that way they got more info of want was going on then just "i crashed wile zoning".

Invertigo
28-02-04, 03:00
bugs

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 03:02
advertising.

none of the other things will happen without a player base.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 03:03
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
advertising.

none of the other things will happen without a player base.

could a moderator edit the poll to add advertising please.

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 03:12
can you stop ? please.

~Drav~
28-02-04, 03:20
master your spamming polls at standards shujin and QD dream of 8|

Myrlin
28-02-04, 03:31
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
can you stop ? please.

Yeah lets get rid of the trolls then fix the bugs then move onto advertising and BDoY.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 03:45
if you do not like my post or polls. don't post. What have you done to try to improve noecron?

Myrlin
28-02-04, 03:58
Originally posted by masterguyver
if you do not like my post or polls. don't post. What have you done to try to improve noecron?

Me? Lets see. I've posted constructively on the forums, giving my opinion on suggestions. I've posted brain port ideas for the developers.

Most importantly I've recruited about a dozen new players to the game who all now pay for an account (some who have multiple accounts).

I'd ask what you have done to help the game, but I'd be much happier to just see you leave the forums and go play the game as it is.

~Drav~
28-02-04, 04:01

great way to make a good impression on the people that read your posts :lol:

What have you done ? Bitched at KK for the bugs ? That acomlpishes alot...

Ever reported any bugs or exploits you may have come across ? Ever taken the time writing our a email when you come across something strange ingame ? huh ?

FatDogg
28-02-04, 04:01
fix the bugs and I lom to drones

Marx
28-02-04, 04:04

If you honestly think your polls will improve Neocron, I heartily suggest you take a step back and grace yourself with a bit of reality.

All your polls make you look like is a spitten player who wants to bitch and get attention - yet is being ignored, and is miffed about it.

Get over yourself and live with it. If you really want to make such a big impression, stop playing. Less money coming in makes a better point than some shoddy poll.

~Drav~
28-02-04, 04:18
Sence the neocron programes spend there time trying to blance pvp. It is not surprised that so many bugs are still in from launch.

ok...

PVP as the CEO of the company your bashing said him self, is a core element of the game. Personally I, aswell as a hell of alot of others play neocron because the PVP beats that of all the other MMO's, were not after a random shooter like CS or UT, so dont go telling us, the majority, to fuck off back to those games, Were after a twitch style FPS like UT and CS, But is MMO, with alot more ppl on the servers, that has a community feel etc, that of a living world, which you dont get in a normal FPS.

Thats the majority of the players in NC, Dont like it ? Go play diablo or EQ . . .

Their fixing the balance of the game, making it better for all, meaning theres no super uber class like hybrids used to be, their working towards equality. They are ALSO working on the bugs, a year ago there were more bugs then present ... some fixed, some added, sux dont it, but then again, just about every program has bugs. Just sme not as noticable as others, however with a limited team its hard to just go "ok guys, for the next month, we'll just do bugs, forget about everything else, we'll spend the month working on bugs for a engine that were updating with a new one in approx 2 months."
That will also push back DOY, as theyve worked on just bugs, they wouldnt have finished the content etc for DOY . . .

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 04:38
I want KK to focus on LE users and accomadating them in every way possible.

ezza
28-02-04, 04:40
from the options above i would go with bugs, the past few days the amount of syncs in battle ive had is amazing, id rather KK sort that out, the PvP balance is not far off so thebugs are the thing to work on

masterguyver
28-02-04, 05:27
Originally posted by ~Drav~
ok...

PVP as the CEO of the company your bashing said him self, is a core element of the game. Personally I, aswell as a hell of alot of others play neocron because the PVP beats that of all the other MMO's, were not after a random shooter like CS or UT, so dont go telling us, the majority, to fuck off back to those games, Were after a twitch style FPS like UT and CS, But is MMO, with alot more ppl on the servers, that has a community feel etc, that of a living world, which you dont get in a normal FPS.

You know waht is funny. when i did this poll http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90829
it showes that the people that like the current open pvp system are less then 40% of the people that play. this means that if in bdoy where more safe zones are taken out, and the open pvp playing is forced more on the players. neocron riskes to loose 60% of it's player base. The CEO need to ask himself, Do i keep lissing to the 40% that has shown to keep the playing base small and profits low, or lissen to the 60% players and change the pvp system and see if that will draw more people in.

~Drav~
28-02-04, 05:42
You know waht is funny. when i did this poll http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90829
it showes that the people that like the current open pvp system are less then 40% of the people that play. this means that if in bdoy where more safe zones are taken out, and the open pvp playing is forced more on the players. neocron riskes to loose 60% of it's player base. The CEO need to ask himself, Do i keep lissing to the 40% that has shown to keep the playing base small and profits low, or lissen to the 60% players and change the pvp system and see if that will draw more people in.

that thread practically means nothingas a grand total of 47 people have voted, I could make a poll asking what colour the sky should be in neocron, who cares what the result will be, because its still gonna be whatever colour the developers and artists make it.
The game is based primarily on leveling and PVP, if you dont like it, go play something else. Your Ideas are major changes to the game.

open pvp. <=- We dont currently have that, what with safe zones and LE etc

open pvp for faction and ops only <=-Thats more inline with what we do have, but im thinking you mean that you cant attack neutrals, thats a shite idea because then you wont be able to do anything to someone that betrays you or rips you off.

open pvp for around your lvl +- 10 lvl <=- meh, thats basically what it is, you wont get a good fight back from someone 10 ranks below you generally, NC PVP is geared to those that are near cap useing rares, just to compete with those that are also heavy PVP.

pve with the ablity to chalange other players <=- SWG or Project Entropia . . .

Mattimeo
28-02-04, 05:59
Yay, mindlessly tell people that support the game you also enjoy to leave, way to ensure it's future success!

masterguyver
28-02-04, 06:12
Originally posted by ~Drav~
that thread practically means nothingas a grand total of 47 people have voted, I could make a poll asking what colour the sky should be in neocron, who cares what the result will be, because its still gonna be whatever colour the developers and artists make it.
The game is based primarily on leveling and PVP, if you dont like it, go play something else. Your Ideas are major changes to the game.

open pvp. <=- We dont currently have that, what with safe zones and LE etc

open pvp for faction and ops only <=-Thats more inline with what we do have, but im thinking you mean that you cant attack neutrals, thats a shite idea because then you wont be able to do anything to someone that betrays you or rips you off.

open pvp for around your lvl +- 10 lvl <=- meh, thats basically what it is, you wont get a good fight back from someone 10 ranks below you generally, NC PVP is geared to those that are near cap useing rares, just to compete with those that are also heavy PVP.

pve with the ablity to chalange other players <=- SWG or Project Entropia . . .

1. with out the current safezones it would be even tought to find a cst or reseacher or poker. can you imagin how it would be if you are a pure "crafter" and can't go out your appartment sence you know some butt head would kill you for the hell of it?

2. I why are players allowed to rip off other players in the first place. this is the only game that you will not get banned for doing that. also if you want someon dead hire someon from a faction that is hostial to them?

3. that is the biggest bs i have ever herd. 1 out of every 10 pvp i have watched has been between 2 capped players with epics. the rest are a bunch of pkers that take on people that are 1/2 there lvl. Also I remember when it was posible for a non le to kill a le players by using an expoit. very fue players are in this game to test there metal. the rest pvper are just using this for an ego boost.

4. and i winder why they have a bigger player base.

I have had it. i have been trying to open your eyes to the fact the neocron is a joke thanks to the pvp action. so this is the last post. I am going to wait to see how much longer neocron will last. (yes neocron is dieing), and no stupid Bdoy addon will save it. It has a cancer at the heart of the programing and it is called the current pvp system. You pvpers can sit and rotate wile singing "I am an oscer myer weener" for all i care.

Psycho Killa
28-02-04, 06:39
1) Tradeskillers can work out of there apartment or faction headquarters/bars which will still be safe zones.

2) Your allowed to rip people off because you can rip people off in the real world cant you :rolleyes: the only way you can get ripped off is your own stupidity.

3) Maybe you should get out more then and stop hanging around all the noob spots and then maybe you wont always see noobs getting ganked.

4) You WInder? why they dont have a bigger player base?

Lets try 0 advertisement and show stopper bugs.

Bdoy wont save neocron your right. Bug fixed/advertisement/ bdoy will save neocron.

The game is not dieing it hasnt gone down in population very much in the last 8 months or so. Anyone who quits the game is always quick to come back. Highest population we had was 500 a server or so after a year and a half with ZERO advertisement the game has managed to retain near 200 people a server that is pretty damn good considering the circumstances if you ask me.

If the extreme oposition you face in all of your change pvp posts isnt enough proof that this community doesnt want any stupid ass changes that restricts pvp or roleplaying.

Go play a game more your speed stop trying to change the fucking game I know and love and have played for 2 years.

Heres another poll you should check out.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85199&highlight=neptune

80 percent of the community is for neptune which is a server with no safe zones no law enforcer and hopefully no safe slot. Even more brutal then what we have now yet so many people want it. Please explain why you think the pvp crowd is so outnumbered.

There was several other polls that each had similar conclusions around 80 percent compared to your 50 person poll which would of gotten my full pvp vote if I had seen it before the vote expired.