PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing XP

Redburn
28-02-04, 02:23
Was on last night with my tank trying to lvl CON (No not in my apartment), But out in the wastelands hunting DOY bots. I was at the building one zone east of El Fraid taking pot shots at a bot and it would hit every other time I'd pop out. I was watching my CON lvl up I get to about 5 points until next lvl half expecting the next time I get hit I'll pop a CON lvl well I don't get the lvl after another hit from it but it drops 2K, I've been seeing it also on my researcher when doing high lvl BP's...I'd do a few high lvl get within a few points of next lvl and think I'll do a lower lvl just to get those few points nope xp drops 1k to 2k..... Why are we losing xp points when they should...

1) stay at the current lvl

or

2) go up

suler
28-02-04, 02:30
It's another case of client and servers not being in synch. For whatever reason to the server you didn't really get that much more xp, when it drops down is the server rechecking your real xp.

DonnyJepp
28-02-04, 02:37
Experience points seem to be subject to much of the same randomness as things like spell damage and shelter protection.

Statistically you will always come out ahead but single occurrances can have a negative result. At least 1 in 5 blueprints I do on my resser actually subtracts experience points from int but the gain from the other 4 bps offsets the loss of xp fully and then some.

KKs dice have negative values on them sometimes for things like con and int gain.

Keiron
28-02-04, 03:24
I once managed to lose XP to the point where the PSI on my monk was below the amount for the previous level (but didn't lose the level). This was while caving at CRPo_O