PDA

View Full Version : who here have gone to a web sight called mmorpg.com?

masterguyver
28-02-04, 00:42
these are the mmorpg gams that players have rated better then neocron.
A Tale in the Desert Historical eGenesis Final Released 7.3
Anarchy Online Sci-Fi FunCom Final Released 8.1
Asheron's Call Fantasy Turbine Final Released 7.7
Asheron's Call 2 Fantasy Turbine / Microsoft Final Released 7.5
Dark Age Of Camelot Fantasy Mythic Entertainment Final Released 8.1
Endless Ages Sci-Fi Avaria Final Released 7.1
EVE Online Sci-Fi CCP Games Final Released 7.1
Everquest Fantasy Sony Online Entertainment Final Released 7.6
Everquest Online Adventures Fantasy Sony Online Entertainment Final Released 6.9
Final Fantasy XI Fantasy Square Enix Final Released 8.1
Furcadia Fantasy Dragon's Eye Productions Final Released 7.1
Helbreath Fantasy Siementech Final Released 7.3
Horizons Fantasy Artifact Entertainment Final Released 7.4
Hostile Space Sci-Fi InterAdventure Inc. Final Released 7.3
Monster & Me Fantasy TQ Digital Studio Final Released 7.2
Neocron Sci-Fi Reakktor Final Released 6.7
PlanetSide Sci-Fi Sony Online Entertainment Final Released 7.6
Project Entropia Sci-Fi MindArk Final Released 6.8
Puzzle Pirates Historical Three Rings Design Final Released 7.3
Ragnarok Online Fantasy Gravity Interactive Final Released 7.1
Rubies of Eventide Fantasy Cyber Warrior Inc. Final Released 6.7
Savage Eden Fantasy Nako Final Released 7.4
Second Life Real Life Linden Research, Inc. Final Released 6.9
Shattered Galaxy Sci-Fi Nexon Final Released 7.4
Star Wars Galaxies Sci-Fi LucasArts / SOE Final Released 7.5
The Myth of Soma Fantasy Game Network Final Released 7.0
Thesa Online Fantasy Bridge Communicaitons Final Released 7.3
oonTown Online Fantasy VR Studio Final Released 7.5
Ultima Online Fantasy Origin Final Released 7.4
Uru : Ages Beyond Myst Fantasy UbiSoft Final Released 6.7

Now don't think i am trying to bash neocron in this post, but maby eather players here can go and give there honest review, or maby kk can see whay makes these games better and try to put some of there features into neocron?

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 00:45
I think about a month back neocron topped that chart so im guessing its results are purely based on whichever kiddies wanna fake 10000 votes each week

stop being a troll

Gotterdammerung
28-02-04, 00:47
a while back there was a post shilling for the very same site and just about everyone here went to there & voted for NC. It can't really compare though as a game with a very large playerbase will no doubt be able to muster up many more people to go there and vote.

Marx
28-02-04, 01:47
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
stop being a troll

Myrlin
28-02-04, 01:50
I agree with Gott. I'm not going vote everytime I sign onto the internet just to stay ahead of the script kiddies that want their current popular game to stay #1. NC is on the list and close to the top. Thats good enough for me.

Judge
28-02-04, 02:04
Originally posted by masterguyver
these are the mmorpg gams that players have rated better then neocron.

And heres the list of the people who care:
[list=1]
You
[/list=1]

Cyphor
28-02-04, 02:15
They changed the system recently so your votes only count if you are an active member of the site, so those signing up voting all 10's or all 0's and leaving all get discounted. And its not to do with the mount of players as that doesnt matter the reviews are down to the amount of players that review the games, if one game has 10 reviews and another has 1000 its not going to effect the results of the specific reviews. It's just a shame that more people seem to leave this game feeling bitter for whatever reason.

Also the site seems to have alot of younger uses, these users seem to be more immature in their oppinions and have a disliking to games with subscriptions so again nc looses out, i wouldnt care too much about it though, tbh if someone is put off of a game solely because of a few reviews they prob. wouldnt have stayed in the game too long anyway. :angel:

NB: NC got a high position mainly due to a post on this forum to go post reviews, once the new voting system was implimented most of these votes will have been discounted as people wouldnt have stayed active at the site.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 02:37
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
a while back there was a post shilling for the very same site and just about everyone here went to there & voted for NC. It can't really compare though as a game with a very large playerbase will no doubt be able to muster up many more people to go there and vote.

true that they have more players, but that would count fery little to an adverage. if 100 people voted that means that each vote counts for 1%, but if 10 people voted then each vote is 10%. So that means that the more people that vote the more votes it takes to change the adverage.

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 02:39
Originally posted by Cyphor
They changed the system recently so your votes only count if you are an active member of the site, so those signing up voting all 10's or all 0's and leaving all get discounted. And its not to do with the mount of players as that doesnt matter the reviews are down to the amount of players that review the games, if one game has 10 reviews and another has 1000 its not going to effect the results of the specific reviews. It's just a shame that more people seem to leave this game feeling bitter for whatever reason.

Also the site seems to have alot of younger uses, these users seem to be more immature in their oppinions and have a disliking to games with subscriptions so again nc looses out, i wouldnt care too much about it though, tbh if someone is put off of a game solely because of a few reviews they prob. wouldnt have stayed in the game too long anyway. :angel:

NB: NC got a high position mainly due to a post on this forum to go post reviews, once the new voting system was implimented most of these votes will have been discounted as people wouldnt have stayed active at the site.

So you could say all the votes arent from active players ? WONDERFUL site *bows down*

Threat45
28-02-04, 10:02
That site is where i found out about neocron.

I reviewed most of the games on there before i picked this one :) coming from bf1942 - then planetside - now neocron i have to say NC is by far the most interesting game, when i see the server population i find it hard to belive this game isnt just as popular than some others

But then I remember the bugs :(

Aziraphale
28-02-04, 12:41
Most of the people that vote on sites like that have only played one or two of the games, and therefore the actual numbers are based entirely on the size of the player base.
Few people play Neocron in comparison to other games, and even fewer waste their time on things like this.

I chose Neocron because I can't be arsed with the leveling treadmills, point and click gameplay, and fantasy cliché's that occupy just abouty every other MMORPG.

Cyphor
28-02-04, 16:59
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
So you could say all the votes arent from active players ? WONDERFUL site *bows down*

err i ment active subscribers to the site :angel: and the reviews are only ment to represent the views of those subscribed to the site, so they way they do it is quiet fair.