PDA

View Full Version : a simple poll

masterguyver
27-02-04, 23:44
combining all the time you got a fre and syn out while zoning. What is the adverage you get booted out of neocron?

masterguyver
27-02-04, 23:46
ment to add a poll. please deleate.

masterguyver
27-02-04, 23:47
combining all the time you got a fre and syn out while zoning. What is the adverage you get booted out of neocron?

Mumblyfish
27-02-04, 23:48
The average what? Average amount of times I get booted a day? Week? Hour? Average number of boots in a particular place? Average number of boots due to particular bugs? On average, what things am I doing when I get booted out of Neocron?

I am just DYING to know!

Mumblyfish
27-02-04, 23:50
Slightly off-topic, but still... I refuse to vote in this poll because, judging from your signature, I can see where it is going.

Judge
28-02-04, 00:01
Well... at first I thought. Blimey... he's actually done a proper (if boring) poll.

But wait. The signature.... ONOZ!

I'm with mumbly, I can see where this thread is going.

Marx
28-02-04, 00:02
News flash Walter Cronkite, 0.

btw:

"Since Neocron's programmers spend their time trying to balance PvP; (it)I am(is) not suprised(ing) that so many bugs from launch still exist."

masterguyver
28-02-04, 00:07
actualy my sig has nothing to do with this. I just want to bring how big this problem so neocron can fix it.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 00:45
so far out of 14 votes 4 have never have these, but 10 people get then 2 or more times they play each day.

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 00:47
whuts wih ell the nc basing threds

Judge
28-02-04, 01:56
I think that its already painfully obvious to the people who made the game that there are bugs. Why don't you stop your frenzied crusade and play the god damn game.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 02:28
Originally posted by Judge
I think that its already painfully obvious to the people who made the game that there are bugs. Why don't you stop your frenzied crusade and play the god damn game.

if it is obvious why are they still in the game after 2 years?

Mumblyfish
28-02-04, 02:30
Originally posted by masterguyver
if it is obvious why are they still in the game after 2 years?
Because taking out bugs deep in the engine isn't as simple as flicking a switch?

masterguyver
28-02-04, 02:39
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Because taking out bugs deep in the engine isn't as simple as flicking a switch?
so you are saying that kk is leaving the bugs in on purpose just becouse it is to tought to take out?

Mumblyfish
28-02-04, 02:43
Originally posted by masterguyver
so you are saying that kk is leaving the bugs in on purpose just becouse it is to tought to take out?

No. O_o

I'm saying that other than rewriting a HUGE, nay... GIGANTIC portion of the game, stuff like this will be nigh impossible to eliminate entirely. And how do you know they AREN'T working on it? Maybe they've been working on it for months. Like I said, it isn't something done overnight. It's a colossal task.

masterguyver
28-02-04, 02:57
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No. O_o

I'm saying that other than rewriting a HUGE, nay... GIGANTIC portion of the game, stuff like this will be nigh impossible to eliminate entirely. And how do you know they AREN'T working on it? Maybe they've been working on it for months. Like I said, it isn't something done overnight. It's a colossal task.

they started the programing in 1999 and lanched in 2002. that is 4 years to make the game. So why in 2 years have they not fixed the problems that had at launch? so at 34 votes only 5 people say that they don't have these problems.

Myrlin
28-02-04, 03:42
masterguyver it is painfully obvious that you don't understand anything about how programming works, so I'll do what I can to enlighten you.

KK develops the games and works to eliminate bugs all the time. Every patch they release contains at least one or two bug fixes that make the game more stable and more playable. We would all love it if they could fix all of the bugs in one patch, but its simply not possible and not realistic for us to expect them to. Take a moment to think about how many people play this game, and how many different computer configurations those players have. How can you expect KK to test and fix every bug that pops up on every video card/sound card/operating system combo overnight?

I admit that there are bugs that still remain since the beginning of retail or even earlier in beta. This tells me that one of two things is true. Either the bug is not critical and KK has decided that although it is a minor annoyance to some players, they can still connect and play the game and would be happier with some new content OR that the bug is so hard to fix that they haven't done it yet. Bugs might be hard to fix because they are intermittant and therefore aren't easy to reproduce in KKs testing lab. They might be hard to fix because they are buried in the game engine and it would require a game engine rewrite (like what is happening with BDoY) to fix them, or they might only occur on a specific combination of video card drivers and operating system drivers and KK can't afford to purchase every type of hardware needed to test every possibility.

Please stop posting the useless polls and just enjoy the game that KK has provided. We all know that BDoY is coming and it will bring with it even more bug fixes. Once BDoY is released KK will continue to release patches with even more bug fixes. I for one hope KK never gets rid of all of the bugs, because if they can manage that it means they aren't putting in enough new content and running the risk of breaking something that has been in for a long time. And to me new content is always > minor annoyances.