PDA

View Full Version : Does KK record item transactions?

Lanigav
27-02-04, 22:27
I made a deal with a player to give four Cursed Soul parts on Saturn for a full set of DG parts on Uranus. The player crashed and had to leave anyway, so he was going to give me the parts later on.

I come on today to complete the transaction, and it turns out that he gave the parts to someone else claiming to be me with a similar name to mine (after initially thinking I was trying to scam him out of two sets). We're both a whole lot of pissed off and would like to know if KK records item transactions so we can track down the person (she's a high level spy named something like Fury of Vegas, and is a friendly faction to CM) and confront them, so we both don't get ripped off.

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 22:32
Well, i'd imagine the tiems each have an ID and whoever holds them can see em, therefore I doubt theres any identifier to whos holding them or atleast had before

kurai
27-02-04, 22:43
No - KK have no item transaction tracking capability at all.

This is the primary reason always stated for the default 100k token compensation being given for items lost to bugs etc.

Lanigav
27-02-04, 22:52
Great. Screwed in the ass again. :\

Mumblyfish
27-02-04, 22:56
KK have stated time and time again - if you get tricked, it's your own fault. Fraudsters are a part of the game.

Strych9
27-02-04, 22:58
I guess the moral of the story is to develope a password with your trading partner that must be used to indicate its you.

MY QUESTION is how did the guy that had a name LIKE yours know that you were doing the trade?

Or did the person you trade with just flag them down and force some tech parts at them????

Not be be negative, but how do you know the person you traded with just didnt make up the story about a runner with a name that looked like yours? I guess they have no way to prove they gave the parts away...

Lanigav
27-02-04, 23:00
Well, my guess is that he probably said something like "where are you, I have your DG parts or some shit".

Of course, it could also be that he's lying, and I'm a big fat fool.

Shujin
27-02-04, 23:08
basicly all KK monitors is IP's of who access accounts ( i think ) and the money of accounts.

the money so they can see if someones exploiting a money hack, a bit odd when u see someone go from 1000cr to 20mil , then trade it all then get back up to 20mil in less than an hour ;P

Odin
27-02-04, 23:21
If you can track down the name send it into abuse@neocron.com with your account name, character name, server and the name of the suspected user. We will investigate and possibly temp ban for impersonation and change the user to a name of our choice.

Lanigav
27-02-04, 23:58
Yeah, turns out he lied and scammed me. Great.

NM I guess. :\

G.0.D.
28-02-04, 05:02
hey odin I thought you guys announced in game scamming is legal :rolleyes:

Benjie
28-02-04, 05:24
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
KK have stated time and time again - if you get tricked, it's your own fault. Fraudsters are a part of the game.
Not this time Mumbly Fish.

Using name tricks to harass and imitate other players is against the forum rules. This peice of fraud was not part of the game.

It was a break of the rules.

Originally posted by G.0.D.
hey odin I thought you guys announced in game scamming is legal :rolleyes:
Yes, scamming is legal. But not in this case, because the scammer used a similar name which is allowed unless used to harass the player you are immatating.

I think this counts.

Omnituens
28-02-04, 20:14
I don't think use of the trade bug is legal though, you are exploiting a flaw in the game therefore breaking the rules.

thats why some people should have been banned earlier then they have been.