PDA

View Full Version : Apu Proposals

Clownst0pper
27-02-04, 20:40
OK, a short list to add what I think would make APU's desirable again.

1. Return the HL to original DMG amount (being done)

2. Reduce the mana cost of rare barrels, which in turn will increase there ROF.

3. Retain the -agility on the APU PA. Changing it towards -atheletics will further cause the class to suffer, as with most classes, speed is survival, and ATM, if that was implement, unlike the tank, they cannot possibly spare the points.

4. Holy Anti Buff should retain its ROF cast, However, it takes off all buffs from the player it is cast on. ANTI buff takes away Shelter only, But has a cost of 230 to cast. (making it useful, and the holy desirable)

5. Make Soul Clusters used by APUs, when cast they fly around the player, firing at mobs/enemie factions over a period of time, in intervals, one shot every 5seconds, the shot does no damage, however gives the APU a health increase, depending on the soul clusters TL. The higher the TL, the higher the ROF and higher amount of 'HP leeching'

6. Change Rare Barrels Swirly colours, so they arent 100% the same as Fire Apoc/Holy Lighting

7. Add an Xray based Beam, (as suggested by zoneseek) Make it yellow in colour, with a yellow 'swirly'

8. Slightly increase the range on holy lighting, as ATM it is below what it should be (if feel)

Add anything else you see fit :cool:

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 20:48
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
OK, a short list to add what I think would make APU's desirable again.

1. Return the HL to original DMG amount (being done)

I partially agree. I think the damage is too low atm, but the max random damage was a bit too high before.

2. Reduce the mana cost of rare barrels, which in turn will increase there ROF.

They'll still be semi-useless in PvP as long as they have their shitty range and low RoF. *waits for the inevitable idiot to come in and say how they barrel UG entrances, therefore it is useful*

4. Holy Anti Buff should retain its ROF cast, However, it takes off all buffs from the player it is cast on. ANTI buff takes away Shelter only, But has a cost of 230 to cast. (making it useful, and the holy desirable)

Hrmm, I actually think holy antibuff should take away all buffs too, but should also take more mana.

And normal antibuff taking away shelter only? It would still be useless, because antishelter already takes away shelter and isn't a rare.

5. Make Soul Clusters used by APUs, when cast they fly around the player, firing at mobs/enemie factions over a period of time, in intervals, one shot every 5seconds, the shot does no damage, however gives the APU a health increase, depending on the soul clusters TL. The higher the TL, the higher the ROF and higher amount of 'HP leeching'

I like this idea.

6. Change Rare Barrels Swirly colours, so they arent 100% the same as Fire Apoc/Holy Lighting

Well Holy Pestilence has a cool color. It's just the spell that's crap. :p

7. Add an Xray based Beam, (as suggested by zoneseek) Make it yellow in colour, with a yellow 'swirly'

Nice idea, but i'd rather have a high TL rare poison BEAM with shorter stack duration.

8. Slightly increase the range on holy lighting, as ATM it is below what it should be (if feel)

I think the range is fine IMO.

Here's a few extra things I would add..........

9.Increase int XP(goes for ppus as well)

10.Reticle. Yea some apus think it's bad. But *I* want to dictate how much damage I deal, not some random spiel.

That's pretty much it for now............

Clownst0pper
27-02-04, 20:52
And normal antibuff taking away shelter only? It would still be useless, because antishelter already takes away shelter and isn't a rare.

OK, retain anti buff, but reduce its mana cost.

Nice idea, but i'd rather have a high TL rare poison BEAM with shorter stack duration.

Unnecasery really. dont u think :S

I like this idea.

The SC would hit the target when U do, giving U HP each time.

Still not overpowered, but enough to allow for xping without a PPU and a ton of slow working medis.

And yes increase monk INT GAIN!!!

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 20:54
OK, retain anti buff, but reduce its mana cost.

But it would still be slower than holy antibuff, and if you make it same mana/speed then what would be the point of having 2?

Unnecasery really. dont u think :S

Erm why?

Clownst0pper
27-02-04, 20:56
Erm why?

It would purely be a dmg increase on the none rare, not really anything special.

the only way id want a poison beam, is this.

Have it with 2 swirlys *one on each hand* and cast from both hands, much like the flame avalanche, when it hits the target it gives 3 stacks. They dont last long, much like a devourer.

It is then avoidable unlike a beam spell, and the stacks would be short.

+ 2 swirlies would look ace (2 gauntlets)

Sleawer
27-02-04, 21:00
Damn Clown I want that rare toxic spell too. Nice idea.

Clownst0pper
27-02-04, 21:02
Damn Clown I want that rare toxic spell too. Nice idea

It then wouldnt be overpowered as it avoidable with low stackage and projectile firing.

And why cant we have duel gauntless with the casting firing forward with both hands, like proper mages.

The same could work with rare barrels, with the red colour, but 2 swirlies.

Oh, and the poison rare would be green obviously :angel:

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 21:04
noo xray beam should be purple .. after all its crahn wouldnt use the same method of creating a xray bolt as high tech doods (doy)

everything else : thumbs up :

petek480
27-02-04, 21:06
Yes add all these changes in beacuse tbh I was getting tired of seeing tanks in ops battles. I WANT MY DAMN MONKOCRON BACK!!!!!!!!

Opar
27-02-04, 21:24
The XRAY thing, should be the same as the DoY bots (less damage, off course) so that if an obstacle is in the way, it doesnt work (or hit, rather)

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 21:25
Like a fire avalanche line of site ? - too easily avoidable in op wars .. it'd have to be alot faster moving, which adds a nice rp element to gamma waves having a high frequency !

Opar
27-02-04, 21:30
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Like a fire avalanche line of site ? - too easily avoidable in op wars .. it'd have to be alot faster moving, which adds a nice rp element to gamma waves having a high frequency !

Yeah, itd be uber fast, like the DoY bots.

Zanathos
27-02-04, 21:35
DUDE!

the soul cluster idea kicks ass!

soul clusters should be castable by APU monks and it leeches health off of mobs or players it attacks!

Heavyporker
27-02-04, 21:53
- HL.. ok...

- Reducing mana cost on them is one thing, but its definitely the RoF that needs to be upped.

- Whatever.

- Shad has it right. Make the techpartted Antis take off all buffs, but the non-holy takes a fuckload of mana and slower rof.

- health-leeching Soul Clusters for APUs.. fuck yes. But the 'leech' SHOULD do some damage to target, and separately from the APU's damage - I mean, at the mana cost and RoF of those soul clusters, it HAS to do SOME damage on its own. Health leeching shouldn't be painless to the target.

- Keep the swirlies the same.

- X-ray beam. No.

- While I feel the range nerf hit too hard, I say increase the range on the Chaos Queen spell FIRST.

Clownst0pper
28-02-04, 02:00
The soul cluster idea I see as the main reason for an APU.

The rest are 100% open to opinion, but I doubt anyone will disagree with that.

Rate this thread, it helps gain KK attention.

An Xray based Beam? I fail to see the problem? :confused:

And an projectile poison beam rare...Well can u imagine a rare poison BEAM...Always hits the target and able to shoot round corners, U know a nerf is on its way... The beam would be designed for open areas, and general PVP un built-up OP's.

RATE THIS THREAD

Spartan
28-02-04, 02:15
I like the life leech idea, but I say make it a module not a soul cluster. So that it actually requires player skill to use, thus providing balance. Make it a 1:1 ratio (i.e. damage target for 20 = heal for 20, or whatever would be decided on). APU's need some kind of defensive/healing skill. We are the only class that has absolutely none atm. Even a tank that has the lowest psi of all classes can still cast deflectors and heals (while doing more damage than an APU, and able to take the most damage). I don't think anyone is asking for a Holy heal for APU's or even the ability to use s/d. Just some viable way to survive on our own.

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 04:40
Spaartan gave me an idea. Make the leech spell have a reticle that is extremely hard to keep closed, and make it so that it gives more life the "tighter" the reticle is closed. :p

Razza
28-02-04, 10:04
i really like shadowdancer s idea about removing random dmg and instead introducing a reticle for APUs that influences how high the dmg done is.

also the soulcluster for apus idea is neat, although i d rather see em not leeching but instead slowly healing their master when its necessary, nothing overpowered though, just like a TL 3.

range on rare barrels needs an increase as well