PDA

View Full Version : one of the most fun things to do in nc isn't used

Rjn
27-02-04, 20:15
ok its a thursday and were hunting wb's for rares and all of a sudden we have a brainstorm!!!!!

"let's take 3 rhino's and own some FF lol"

so we reserch & cst 3 tanks hand out to drivers while tanks load up on ammo then we meet up at racetrack (kk put gr here please) tthen we head out

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/rjn72uk-ncftank4.JPG

hitting cycrow like the choppers from the great cult film Apocolipse Now

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/rjn72uk-ncftank3.jpg

swiftly ploughing though the people that were unlucky enough to be there we waited

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/rjn72uk-ncftank2.JPG

when we got bored we moved to nem lab and hacked a layer to get some action lol

the first people from ug didnt know what hit them but of cause after a few min all tanks had anti veh weapons but we were prepared with a repairer repairing tanks from the back we took almost all down then 2 tank gunners ran out of ammo (hence tanks rezed and more anti veh rockets hitting tanks) and we decided to fight to end when tanks blew ff said to us "arhhh u goto hide behind tanks cause u cant fight " which triggerd nothing but a laugh over our teamspeak at how dumb they must be not to see what we were doing lol

kk u need to increase the speed of tanks and i think they will be used alot more cause this was so fun ( u know that british challenger tanks can do over 70MPH and they clime anything that doesnt force the tank over its center of gravity ) anyway try it its fun

Rjn
27-02-04, 20:27
thursday is friday btw so im told *)

greploco
27-02-04, 20:37
kudos for nicely using seldom used game elements :)

looked like fun

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 20:41
Rhinos appear slow but they actually move as fast as many vehicles. I think they're balanced atm. You just need to incorporate them with other elements like a standard op force and you can really cause some damage.

garyu69
27-02-04, 20:55
Superb!
I love my Rhino, wish more people were willing to gun for me.

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 21:03
Rhinos need to move faster IMO.

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 21:10
*looks at SD sig*

the irony :P

Rhinos rock.

Sleawer
27-02-04, 21:13
Vehicles need to be a lot LOT bigger, it would add a new dimension of impressive vehicles, you would be scared to see a BIG rhino.

Also passengers inside vehicles wouldn't feel inside a match box :p

Rjn
27-02-04, 21:24
well i dont think ff liked what we did either as as soon as we droped in numbers (online) 30 ff show up to take the 1 op we had funny init we like to fight at ops thought thats wat there for so why do ff have to outnumber us 2 or 3 to one b4 they attack we dont even go to fight no point well just retake wen we have fightewrs equal to theres online

Clive tombstone
27-02-04, 21:25
Well, than Grab your socks and drop your throttle, Your wish is granted when the GLiders come out, Hell The pure size of the Hover Carrier is to say the least, Gigantic. with (I think I remember) 4 machinegun mounts and plenty of seating for an entire squad. The other gliders are hella big too, soo this should make you (and me :D ) very happy!

Sleawer
27-02-04, 21:28
I have a pic somewhere with a spy standing next to two BIG gliders... man I wish all vehicles looked like that; it made the spy tiny in comparison :p

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 21:28
The bomber and carrier dwarf all other vehicles. They're almost as tall as a fortress front gate and a third as wide.

I think the scorpion trike needs improved in speed but rhino is fine as it is IMO. It's a huge lumbering tank, shouldn't be as manueverable as runners. It's hard to believe but it can actually outpace a runner across a zone.

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:03
kramer could u out run a tank out clime a tank on hills ? tanks are unbeleavable machines there built for war they must be fast and they wont let anything stop it getting were it wants to go ( exeption of water) the 4 x 4 rhino tank should be the same

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 22:06
Unfortunately vehicles suffer from a penalty of gravity when going up hills and such. Runners do not suffer this penalty. I believe vehicles shouldn't be increased but rather runners penalized by terrain just as vehicles are.

Archeus
27-02-04, 22:06
The speed is reasonable. As long as you have an active gunner they can pop at anyone trying to follow you.

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:23
lol TANK =###'s ton's of metal gravity effect =emmence

TANK on hill
gravity effect increase = insignificant to origanal effect
why u ask! because the engine /designe/tracks are all designed to run this" ### ton veh" with the ease of a car driving down hill .

Ulle
27-02-04, 22:25
Rjn, it's nice to see these kind of small adventure stories every now and again to bring up a debate about the current use of vehicles and things related to that, however, please keep what I quoted from your post below, ingame.

Originally posted by Rjn
well i dont think ff liked what we did either as as soon as we droped in numbers (online) 30 ff show up to take the 1 op we had funny init we like to fight at ops thought thats wat there for so why do ff have to outnumber us 2 or 3 to one b4 they attack we dont even go to fight no point well just retake wen we have fightewrs equal to theres online

If anymore posts are posted similar to the one quoted above this thread will be closed with the keep it ingame message.

Carry on with your discussion runners.

Darkborg
27-02-04, 22:27
just 1 comment: Thanks Ulle

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:31
just for refrence:_
WARRIOR TRACKED ARMOURED VEHICLES

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/warrior/images/warrior5s.jpg
PROPULSION

The Warrior has four speed fully automatic transmission and hydrostatic drive steering. The Perkins Rolls-Royce V8 Condor engine produces 550bhp giving road speeds of 75km/h. The suspension provides high speed crossing across rough terrain at speeds faster than most main battle tanks. The vehicle is fitted with TR30 single pin tracks from William Cook Defence. All major systems including the power pack can be removed and replaced in less than one hour by two men.

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 22:32
did you rip info from some site or did you paraphrase off the top of your head?

btw regardless of engine power or speed, as I know a lot of top end tanks especially abrahms can go over small dips and such bouncing along at 40-50 mph, I was commenting that runners do not suffer elevatation/gravity penalties. I think it's very necessary for them to start reaching walking and slow crawling speeds as elevation and incline increases.

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:34
Originally posted by Ulle
Rjn, it's nice to see these kind of small adventure stories every now and again to bring up a debate about the current use of vehicles and things related to that, however, please keep what I quoted from your post below, ingame.

If anymore posts are posted similar to the one quoted above this thread will be closed with the keep it ingame message.

Carry on with your discussion runners.
i dont understand what i did wrong !
but ok ill stay on the subject at hand

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:36
no iff it was of my head info woulldnt be correct this is off a site whats wrong with haveing correct info

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 22:36
he meant no bringing up specific clans or their actions to relate to your argument.

Topcat
27-02-04, 22:46
Well, Iīm not sure about how fast the Rhino is supposed to go in game. But as an old (23 years old)Tank gunner from the army ( Can u guys say Nato Elite Soldier hehehe) I know a thing or 2 about tanks.

The speed of a tank on level ground can be very good, the Leopard 1 a5 and Leo 2 A4 Iīve been on do about 50-60 km/hour. Donīt know about american or british tanks, but Iīm guessing they are about the same, from 50 to 70 km/hour. However, even considering the huge engines in a tank, and the good grip i has on belts, itīs always tough going up steep rises, a slow rise is no problem. Itīll get up there, jsut takes some time. Anyways, I remember the rhino as slow, but comparing to the speed of the other vehicles in game, itīs pretty well balanced. As to the speed of runners, it might well be a bit off but hey, u cant have it all can you.

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 22:48
[Don't Post If You Don't Have Anything To Say - Ulle]

Heavyporker
27-02-04, 22:50
While its nice to see things like this...

one - the title sucks, because its false. The tactic of bringing vecs to OPs is OLD. When PK was active, we bought them to OPs very damn often.

two - there are things that runners do better than vecs, and vecs better than runners. Runners should be more manuverable than vecs, vecs should be faster overall than runners (especially considering the span of an entire wasteland sector.)

three - its not THAT easy to pop runners in a gunnery turret. When ppl have their head around them and PPU buffs, its hard as hell to try to pop one runner, much less a team.

Rjn
27-02-04, 22:57
Originally posted by Heavyporker
While its nice to see things like this...

one - the title sucks, because its false. The tactic of bringing vecs to OPs is OLD. When PK was active, we bought them to OPs very damn often.

well u read it properly didnt u we wernt going to ops we were just on a gank ing ff run lol but we did 1 hack cause we wanted more ff to shoot at

Keiron
27-02-04, 23:00
I would like to see Rhino's become a little stronger to anti-vehicle luanchers as well as have their shot type turned into AoE (think REALLY FUCKING BIG Mal shot).

Rjn
27-02-04, 23:08
Originally posted by Topcat
Well, Iīm not sure about how fast the Rhino is supposed to go in game. But as an old (23 years old)Tank gunner from the army ( Can u guys say Nato Elite Soldier hehehe) I know a thing or 2 about tanks.

The speed of a tank on level ground can be very good, the Leopard 1 a5 and Leo 2 A4 Iīve been on do about 50-60 km/hour. Donīt know about american or british tanks, but Iīm guessing they are about the same, from 50 to 70 km/hour. However, even considering the huge engines in a tank, and the good grip i has on belts, itīs always tough going up steep rises, a slow rise is no problem. Itīll get up there, jsut takes some time. Anyways, I remember the rhino as slow, but comparing to the speed of the other vehicles in game, itīs pretty well balanced. As to the speed of runners, it might well be a bit off but hey, u cant have it all can you.

nice one topcat thanks for your experianced input :)

as u said a tank WILL get up but may take some time in game the rhino cant get up the smallest of hills and as u said a tank would eventualy (either that or flatten the hill b4 there up it lol) . VEH in nc tend to be speed related for hilsl and stuff were in most case's speed is a facter but not the only thing by far

(just to say while working in germany for british army (contract job) i stay'd on a Queens hassers base in senalarger(tank devision of army) and got to go for a spin in a challenger tank a few times tthats why i mention'd how slow rhinos seemed cause being in something of suck size and weight and experiancing its speed and acelleration first hand does supprise u

Topcat
27-02-04, 23:11
Aye, a tank is a beautiful thing. And your right that speed is not the only factor. The traction of a tank ensures that it can come up pretty damned steep slopes.

Rjn
27-02-04, 23:12
Originally posted by Keiron
I would like to see Rhino's become a little stronger to anti-vehicle luanchers as well as have their shot type turned into AoE (think REALLY FUCKING BIG Mal shot).

i aggree with the aoe part but not the anti veh weapon strenth/rhino's resist

if an anti tank missile was used on a tank and was on target 1 would enter the tanks side and exit otherside whilst liquifing the people inside by disigne that would be by 1 shot(all be it by a speacaliced weapon but thats what a anti veh launcher is)

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 23:17
offense and defense wise the rhino is fine I believe

It would be nice to see other vehicles implemented that give AoE, especially some artillery long range ones.

Now I know a tank has exceptional traction because of it's belt track and has great speed nowadays but I am saying that the rhino shouldn't be adjusted in speed or handling but rather runners themselves be adjusted to be affected by slopes and such.

Topcat
27-02-04, 23:18
Are you sure youīre not thinking of APFSDS(that would be Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discharging Sabbot) shots now? Cuz that would be from an anti tank gun, or another tank. Anyways anti tank weps are pretty sophisticated nowadays, the best can no doubt take out a tank in a one shot if it gets a good hit.

Judge
27-02-04, 23:20
I think that the Tank gun should be AoE.... that would be awesome. :)

Keiron
27-02-04, 23:21
Originally posted by Rjn
if an anti tank missile was used on a tank and was on target 1 would enter the tanks side and exit otherside whilst liquifing the people inside by disigne that would be by 1 shot(all be it by a speacaliced weapon but thats what a anti veh launcher is)
Problem is, I've seen upwards of 10% come off my Rhino in 1 hit from an anti-vhc luancher. Now if they were made heavy(er) and their ammo the same that would be fine. But since everyone and their grandmother can carry one for an op war it makes Rhinos got bye-bye VERY quickly.

Topcat
27-02-04, 23:22
yeah, it would be cool if they made tank construction into a 2 part job. First the Chassis and then the turret, then u could pick the turret type ya wanted, Plasma turret, laser, rocket, fusion. .

BTW itīs odd that KK didnīt get tanks done better, after all, Germans have been responsible for some of the finest tanks ever. They coul have gotten an expert for an hour r 2 to pitch them some fancy ideas.

Rjn
28-02-04, 00:06
i didnt mean increase the anti veh damage i jus ment it seems about right btw them anti veh launchers are a nightmare to get on target to

amfest
28-02-04, 01:42

I'd rather see specizilation brought into play fro anti-veh weapons where you have to put more points into something to even use one . not oh it's along the way to my other weapons so I can use it without having to gimp something, so people would have to decide do I want to be the vehicle stopper? Would create a different style of combat player that can be an asset to the team because they made the effort to be that combat specific. Instead of the o' crap they have vehicles . don't worry let me run to gogu. HAHAHA we pwn

kurai
28-02-04, 02:15
Originally posted by Rjn
... as as soon as we droped in numbers (online) 30 ff show up to take the 1 op we had funny init we like to fight at ops thought thats wat there for It would be churlish of me to mention that that single OP on the whole map that you occupied was zerged from 8 or so of us by 20+ of your lot ...

So I won't :D

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 03:30
Please don't ruin this thread with ff vs ncf dispute. This has the potential for good brainstorming to develop funner vehicles.

Rjn
28-02-04, 03:42
dude your blind read the gm post

CarniFlex
28-02-04, 03:50
this is a tank.

http://www.soldf.com/images/s_strv122frr2.jpg

Its stridsvagn 122 (leo2)

it has a 120 mm allround cannon, 2 machineguns. The crew has access to handgrenades and their own sidearms ak5. it does maxspeed of 72 km/h, its about 50 miles/h if i remember correctly translated.

It has some fun stuff like some wierd coordinating computer that if one of these babies see something, all the tanks around it see that target aswell.

for getting this thread back on topic...

/edit sorry for the big pic but it really had to be shown in all its glory :D

INFERNO22
28-02-04, 04:04
Heres some pics i did of the rino and other vhc's at MB (http://www.81x.com/doy/the_black_hand) i was bored btw:angel:

KramerTheWeird
28-02-04, 04:22
wish I had some suriving pics of the bomber but I uninstalled my TS at one point and the screenies went too :(

Rjn
28-02-04, 04:32
rjn has some somewere of the bomber serching .......

Valkyrie
28-02-04, 04:33
You know what the rhino really needs? A really slow firing, high powered/long range shell firing gun instead of that pussy laser cannon, so they would be used like RL tanks.

*ptuuu, ptuuu* should be replaced by *BOOOOOM*

Then they would rock :)

Pity you couldnt bombard ops with them though because of the Yo's people inside.

Rjn
28-02-04, 17:41
[No Spam Thanks - Ulle]

Archeus
28-02-04, 17:51
looking for this?

http://members.shaw.ca/freebassx/neocron/download/fbx-doy.jpg

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 17:59
Bombs away!

Rjn
28-02-04, 18:00
yeah there the one s ty i couldnt find mine in shots anywere

Sleawer
28-02-04, 18:44
omg I love that pic.
that's the one I have also :)

ZoomZoom
28-02-04, 20:14
i love it when u attack op just for fun i been on my spy gone into a op hacked first layer and ran and started to sniper some temps i mean ****** ;)

Eledhbrant
28-02-04, 21:17
Giving the tanks AoE would be quite sweet but only when they REMOVE SL LOSS FOR YO'S VENDORS IN WARZONES. *ahem* Yes silly SL Loss :)

ZoomZoom: That is the most BORING activity to be on the other end of. I just dont even bother, zone up, oh im getting sniped, walk to GR and leave, boring, he cant hack another layer anyway, bye.

ZoomZoom
29-02-04, 02:47
Originally posted by INFERNO22
Heres some pics i did of the rino and other vhc's at MB (http://www.81x.com/doy/the_black_hand) i was bored btw:angel:

o_Owhere the hell is this thing from test server some doy thing.... u didnt do this

lier :mad:

im confused :confused: