PDA

View Full Version : New skill idea ( also has new items ) and new features.

Shujin
27-02-04, 19:45
I was driving home from work and was looking at the names of the roads on the military base and noticed they were all basicly in a grid, 1 road named E-15 next E-16 etc then i turned and went down another road and it was D-16 etc.

so this kinda sprung an idea into my head.

a map / navigation / plotting skill.

people who have the skill can plot points on a map purchasable from maybe a new stores? called NaviCorp ( dont think NeXT should do anything with maps even though they own genreps and vehicles )

anyway. the higher the TL the map the more area it covers. the higher TL the skill the more points you can place. and there are limits to how far one point can reach to another.

example:
http://neotarin.com/plotting.jpg

people without the skill would pay someone with the skill to plot them a map from Neocron to MB without having to go near TH due to the turrets. the map could then be activated, and should only be useable 5 times
( because it would make the skill obsolete if everyone had a map of something already , and wouldnt be fair if it could only be used once and someone crashes and it is deactivated )
it should be either be activated like that or be like an implant, that can only be implanted once and once it is taken out is broken. ( should take the eye implant slot )

anyway when in use it has the dotted line like Navray on the floor for you to follow to your destination.

how do you like this idea?

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 19:54
umm .. sounds OK .. maybe not a new skill but CST + something else perhaps ...

what do you do once you got the map ?

its walks there on its own ?!

Shujin
27-02-04, 19:56
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
umm .. sounds OK .. maybe not a new skill but CST + something else perhaps ...

what do you do once you got the map ?

its walks there on its own ?! O_o well it has a straight line to the destination on the ground like navray, so i guess u can look in that direction and push ur autowalk button but it doesnt do it on ur own, and if u did that u'd prolly end up gettin killed by a mob ;P

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 20:02
ah right ... so its like a set of compass bearings .. me likes

i think these shoul be avail in shops and given out in epics

like:

NC > MB - SAFE!
TH > TG - UNSAFE!

or that dumbass bit in BT epic thru the DoY's

Ascension
27-02-04, 20:25
I like it sounds like a great idea.. I dont quite understand the shop concept.. but the overall 'points' selection sounds cool :)

p.s u use my custom world map <3;) ;) ;)

Shujin
27-02-04, 23:06
Originally posted by Ascention
I like it sounds like a great idea.. I dont quite understand the shop concept.. but the overall 'points' selection sounds cool :)

p.s u use my custom world map <3;) ;) ;) yep ;] *huggeh* well the shop was only an idea, it could be sold at crytons or whatever but im a bit sick of goin to same ol' shops for anything... so i just think they should maybe make a new shop called Navicorp or somethin that sells traveling or exploring specific items.

Drake6k
27-02-04, 23:22
Doesn't sound "fun"

Simple is often better I think.

Shujin
27-02-04, 23:52
Originally posted by Drake6k
Doesn't sound "fun"

Simple is often better I think. ... ur the one who said that u actually like looking at the map every 10 mins to make sure ur on track.... i discard your comment *throws in trash ;P

i really doubt a majority of people like looking at the map every 10 mins when they are trying to get somewhere...

Ascension
27-02-04, 23:58
Originally posted by Shujin
i just think they should maybe make a new shop called Navicorp or somethin that sells traveling or exploring specific items.

They should also sell flash lights and kits etc also;)
also ammo and knife etc:)

Shujin
28-02-04, 00:26
Originally posted by Ascention
They should also sell flash lights and kits etc also;)
also ammo and knife etc:) yea thats what i was thinkin kinda, maybe a new faction that specialized in survival and exploration type gear.

Psyco Groupie
28-02-04, 00:43
FUTURE-KHAKI can be the faction :lol: