PDA

View Full Version : debating on spending the next 9.95

Saito Hajime
27-02-04, 18:28
sigh, ever log into this game and by the time you log off youre so disappointed in the game, or the players, or both that you question if its worth another 9.95
I mean whats the point. I can pay the money and get to play, and maybe enjoy the game, assuming I can get it to run right, not fatal whatever.
I have to leave mine running as a background item because if i shut it all the way down for more than a min or two then the client file becomes corrupted and I have to reinstall... but as long as i close and reopen program when I am ready to play again it runs ok for the most part. But even when it runs then you have to deal with the fact that there are so many assholes. I dont mind so much being killed if I am where i should not be, or if i cross paths with a faction enemy. But then you got the anti social bastiches who dont understand that WE ALL PAY TO ENJOY THIS GAME. I dont understand why reakktor just allows folks to run around doing everything they do with the sole purpose of taking the fun out of the game for others.
but the best thing ever is when both issues combine.
Had a VERY unfortunate fatal error. I was out minding my own business hunting in an area that not many folk go to so that I could avoid assholes. I spotted a reveler 4x4 comin in and that the folk inside were black dragon, I started making for my speedbike in hopes of rollin away cause I could see they were draggin a warbot my way. Havin no desire to be close to a pair of black dragons when I am TT, (black dragons on pluto being the worst of the pks) OOPS nope, fatal error, when i respawn back in the bike is blown away and they are waiting for me. jumped for no reason at all, not a faction enemy, not clanned, not in a warzone... just because they wanted to detract from the enjoyment of the game for another... and while I REALLY hate that ignorant mindset, because I pay just as much as they do to play the game I can live with it, its the fact that I was robbed of any chance of escape due to a fatal error that really pisses me off. I am hoping there will be some stabilty fixes with DOY but I dunno if I should hold my breath.
So, I'm here, hopin someone will help me come up with a good reason to give another 10 bucks to reakktor.
Not that I expect any replies to this, I have a hunch this post is gonna be jumped on jackboot style by "the powers that be"
another reason to question the investment.
so please, tell me something good, anybody.
Saito

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 18:30
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

all games anoying your like this ... counter-strike you'll get beaten by cheats or lag or both

just about any game you'll get owned by a better player

take a slice of humble pie and enjoy YOUR game

Saito Hajime
27-02-04, 18:38
lol you're mistaken, I was enjoying MY game. And probably still would be right this moment, May have even gotten away from the pk analdwelling buttmonkies if It hadnt been for a lousy fatal error.
Counter strike is a poor example, You dont spend so much time creating a character building a character in counterstrike, and with the exception of cheats the playing field is level. Lag is not an issue for me because my connection owns all.
Beaten by a better player? Again with the chuckling that you make me do.
A player whos played more maybe, a player with better toys because of it maybe, a pair of players who jumped someone... absolutely. As I said, I care not about dying, especially in an actual fight with an enemy faction, its chickenshit griefers that detract from this game.
So your post in my humble opinion, (take it or leave it) is a complete failure to be an intelligent response to my post.
sorry
Saito

Marx
27-02-04, 18:45
There are people who enjoy the game, and people who don't.

If you no longer derive enjoyment from playing this game, then there's no point in playing it anymore - it defeats the entire idea of a game. Take a break for awhile, perhaps check back in at a later date.

Not every game can accomidate the wishes and desire of every player. I'm sorry that you are one of those who the game no longer seems to accomidate.

Glok
27-02-04, 18:46
So... basically you died and your stupid wheelerbike got blown up and you're gonna quit because of that? Get a thicker skin, kthxbye. :rolleyes:

Saito Hajime
27-02-04, 18:55
sigh, its like talkin to a brick wall.
no, its not the death that really upsets me.
I dont understand why reakktor is so pro griefer... but thats for another thread.
the thing that really pisses me off is that I wouldve at least had a shot at escape if the game hadnt fataled on me.

and for those who dont really read the posts, which must be because nobody ever seems to really get the meaning of my posts... I DONT CARE SO MUCH THAT I DIED, true, dont love it, think griefers are chickenshit bastards but that is NOT the issue of this post.

its the fact that I went away for about a year and a half with the hopes that the bugs that plauged this game in the early days would be fixed, and to some extent they have, I am frustrated because not as much progress as I had hoped for has occurred.

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 18:59
Dude get an LE, and if your too high level i'd imagine Gm's can whack one in for ya

Marx
27-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by Saito Hajime
its the fact that I went away for about a year and a half with the hopes that the bugs that plauged this game in the early days would be fixed, and to some extent they have, I am frustrated because not as much progress as I had hoped for has occurred.

First off, I rarely crash/FRE (once every coupla' weeks?).

Second off, I reiterate, if you don't like it - don't play it. There are lots of people who are willing to overlook these issues, and know that they'll be fixed eventually.

Find something worth playing until you find out that these things have been dealt with.

GT_Rince
27-02-04, 19:00
Originally posted by Glok
So... basically you died and your stupid wheelerbike got blown up and you're gonna quit because of that? Get a thicker skin, kthxbye. :rolleyes:

Hmm - gotta say that I echo that to a certain degree... You gotta remember, that someone else is playing the game the way that THEY want to. It isn't a game that is me me me - if you want to avoid any conflict, then go LE - if you don't wanna go LE, then you should never complain because you have made that decision.

As for fatals / fre / etc, yes, it is annoying, but do perhaps take a break, or find a new way of playing the game - become a BD and try being the enemy for a change? I went from NEXT to TG about a year ago (something like that!) and my game changed instantly. If I was out on my own, I would get ganked - you have to learn to watch where you are going - the game for me was suddenly really interesting.

Just an idea or two !

StryfeX
27-02-04, 23:46
Originally posted by Saito Hajime
sigh, ever log into this game and by the time you log off youre so disappointed in the game, or the players, or both that you question if its worth another 9.95
I mean whats the point. I can pay the money and get to play, and maybe enjoy the game, assuming I can get it to run right, not fatal whatever.
I have to leave mine running as a background item because if i shut it all the way down for more than a min or two then the client file becomes corrupted and I have to reinstall... but as long as i close and reopen program when I am ready to play again it runs ok for the most part. But even when it runs then you have to deal with the fact that there are so many assholes. I dont mind so much being killed if I am where i should not be, or if i cross paths with a faction enemy. But then you got the anti social bastiches who dont understand that WE ALL PAY TO ENJOY THIS GAME. I dont understand why reakktor just allows folks to run around doing everything they do with the sole purpose of taking the fun out of the game for others.
but the best thing ever is when both issues combine.
Had a VERY unfortunate fatal error. I was out minding my own business hunting in an area that not many folk go to so that I could avoid assholes. I spotted a reveler 4x4 comin in and that the folk inside were black dragon, I started making for my speedbike in hopes of rollin away cause I could see they were draggin a warbot my way. Havin no desire to be close to a pair of black dragons when I am TT, (black dragons on pluto being the worst of the pks) OOPS nope, fatal error, when i respawn back in the bike is blown away and they are waiting for me. jumped for no reason at all, not a faction enemy, not clanned, not in a warzone... just because they wanted to detract from the enjoyment of the game for another... and while I REALLY hate that ignorant mindset, because I pay just as much as they do to play the game I can live with it, its the fact that I was robbed of any chance of escape due to a fatal error that really pisses me off. I am hoping there will be some stabilty fixes with DOY but I dunno if I should hold my breath.
So, I'm here, hopin someone will help me come up with a good reason to give another 10 bucks to reakktor.
Not that I expect any replies to this, I have a hunch this post is gonna be jumped on jackboot style by "the powers that be"
another reason to question the investment.
so please, tell me something good, anybody.
Saito I agree with you completely, and getting killed because you fataled sucks, but unfortunately I think the only way to fix that is to put the LE back in if you can.

I'm levelling up some characters now and tbh, I don't think I'm going to take out their LE chips simply because of all the, as you put it quite eloquently, "analdwelling buttmonkies" out there currently.

@Marx, you do realize that if he follows your suggestion, he'll probably never come back to this game again, right?

--Stryfe