PDA

View Full Version : UK people only, National Lottery question

Elric
27-02-04, 13:51
Well, Just a curiosity from me, and since the National Lottery here is only able to be played by UK people, sorry you foreign types, your opinion dont matter :p

Just wondering if anyone here actually plays the Lottery?

If you do, where do you buy the tickets n stuff?

and, If youve used the online ticket thingy, have you ewver had to phone through to the helpline?

(if you notice my occupation, then I'm really just wondering if theres the off chance Ive evber spoken to any of you and not even realised it :) )

Wellard
27-02-04, 14:25
damn, didn't know you could play online! doh!

all those rushed trips to the shops in the snow/cold/rain/dark (delete as applicable) when I forgot to buy a ticket - could have been avoided!

will remember that - thanx for tip - another way to avoid excercise and play more nc :D

subsys
27-02-04, 14:33
dont play it, need money to fund many neocron acounts cant be wasting it on games of chance

Elric
27-02-04, 14:35
Originally posted by subsys
dont play it, need money to fund many neocron acounts cant be wasting it on games of chance

heheh

I only work here so that I CAN keep up me NC (and other games) habits :D

other than that, I'll keep my comments and opinions about the lottery and the website to myself in the name of keeping said job too ;)

Barak
27-02-04, 16:35
waste of cash imo why spend it on a extremly slim chance to win when i can buya nice pack of "insert sickly oversuger loaded item" :)

Q`alooaith
27-02-04, 16:44
Each week I write down a set of number's, if they don't come up I consider that I've won myself £1..

If they do come up, well it's never happened so heh.. it's far cheeper than playing and losing a little each week..

Elric
27-02-04, 16:51
aaah, the voices of the sane :D

refreshng to know i aint the only cynical buggr out there :D

I usually insert "favorite brand of smokes" here though ;)

Nexxy
27-02-04, 16:54
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Each week I write down a set of number's, if they don't come up I consider that I've won myself £1..

If they do come up, well it's never happened so heh.. it's far cheeper than playing and losing a little each week..

You sound like such a looser.....

Anyway, i play but only do lucky dips every now and then. Didnt know you could do it online O_o

Q`alooaith
27-02-04, 17:17
Originally posted by Nexxy
You sound like such a looser.....

It's a quote, though you probably didn't know that..

I don't watch the lotto anymore, I don't play so I don't watch..

subsys
27-02-04, 17:23
Originally posted by Elric

I usually insert "favorite brand of smokes" here though ;)

mmm "favorite brand of smokes" for a quid? where do you get you smokes mate?

Elric
27-02-04, 17:24
smart ass :p ;)

Replace with "quid towards favourite brand of smokes"

subsys
27-02-04, 17:28
Originally posted by Elric
smart ass :p ;)

nah i was just hoping for a nice source of cheep cigs without the rogmaroll of going to spain :)

.... well maby a little

Elric
27-02-04, 17:29
Spain is your best bet, but Greece is cheaper still :)

assuming they aint swapped onto the euro yet....

subsys
27-02-04, 17:38
yea but the flights to greece cost more :) also if you want rediculasly cheep cigs go to gib, 200 for 3.50 but unfortunatly because its a tax haven you have to abide by the duty free laws (ie 200 cigs per person) unless you can wander accross the boarder back to spain without them noticing but the thats *naughy*

Rieper
27-02-04, 17:40
a bloke in my year won 3.2 million quid.. but he turned into a complete cock and actually looks like pig dressed in burberry.. so im jealous in one way.. but not at all in another :)

]v[ortice
27-02-04, 17:41
I don't play.

Cause I forget to buy tickets and when I do I forget to check the numbers :)

I didn't know you could play online either.

Might have a go as It was my B/Day yesterday :)

Wellard
27-02-04, 17:57
Originally posted by Rieper
a bloke in my year won 3.2 million quid.. but he turned into a complete cock and actually looks like pig dressed in burberry.. so im jealous in one way.. but not at all in another :)

I won £34 last week, but I'm not letting it change my life - unless you count more alcohol and more snacks a big life change :D

I'm certainly not dressing up like a pig in burberry either :p

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 18:36
I havent played in a while, used to get em more when I was 16/ 17 .. now I realise the chances of winning are stupid and I cba to queue up with the old fools :P