PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the beta drops!

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 12:46
Ok... I remember there has been few of these threads after beta but anyways almost everyone seem to agree on this. It doesn't make any sense that for example the aggressor captains don't drop gatlin cannons/rifles at all but instead they drop some needle guns or such (if gun at all). Back in beta it was logical. Not now.

Please make it happen again. I remember when I started to play NC in beta 4 and one of my best memories as a noob were the times in PP sewers killing mutants and aggies with my friends and carrying the weapons out, selling them to a vendor and buying shit loads of medikits and saving the rest of the money for my next weapon. When I were able to use the gatlin I were happy as hell :) I hunted for a slotted one for a looooong time since I didn't knew any constructor (I didn't even know how the constructing happens) :) If I'm asking too much just make it so that the mobs don't always drop their weapons but still sometimes... and the weapon they are using theirselves!

Dru Blood
27-02-04, 12:52
i totaly agree that weapon drops from mobs should be simular to the weapons they are using.

ie aggies using gat pistols / rifles

launcher cyclops dropping rocket launchers

regent mutants dropping laserblades and plasma cannons

Nightbrother
27-02-04, 12:53
What a great idea, and of course much more realistic and satisfying. I love games where you actually get to take the things the mobs use. Please implement this, to a certain extent anyway.

Maybe the reason we don't right now, is that mobs too have a backpack, and they go to a GR to pay to get their backpack back, same as we do.

Plants probably wont drop droner eyes anymore then. :eek:

5 Stars SuperNova!

Original monk
27-02-04, 12:56
you are right, i feel with you

those where the funnest times in beta4 :) and i would love to get them drop em the same again but i think it isnt possible ...

why ? make a noobchar (noobmelleetank or sumthing) and start wacking aggresors like crazy (aggypits) and start looting them pistols ... hand em over to youre barter who gets double for em and in no time ya make millions ... no kidding ... cause i did the same in beta4 but witouth barter and that was extremely crazy moneymaking allready :)

but if they could ... then i would love them dropping gatlingpistols again :)

Maarten
27-02-04, 12:57
The beta drops will be back in next patch. It's already on the Test Server...

Nightbrother
27-02-04, 12:58
Originally posted by Maarten

Dont toy with our hopes and dreams like this. Evil Maarten. :(

amfest
27-02-04, 13:13
yea that will be great . . but hopefully it won't be constantly the only problem I see is cause .. guess what .. aggie rooms . . why cause you can kill pick up weapons and zone right back up to a nearby vendor . .. hopefully it's not a constantly easy drop to get.

Down! with in city aggie hatches!!

Kalamazoo
27-02-04, 13:18
Yes, bring back the beta drop and mob farming, the lazy way to power level ...

Don't get me wrong : it would make sense. But if sense is really the matter, make them drop parts to build the appropriate weapon, or maybe damaged weapons.

Kasumi
27-02-04, 13:23
Originally posted by Maarten

Arent the drop rules on test server differnt to the drop rule on retail??? I would like the beta drop rule back into retail too! It can be very hard getting money as a new player and much harder to get lots of money for good things when you are just starting out, and this would save lots of money because of items they drop.. :)

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 13:24
Originally posted by Kalamazoo
Yes, bring back the beta drop and mob farming, the lazy way to power level ...

Don't get me wrong : it would make sense. But if sense is really the matter, make them drop parts to build the appropriate weapon, or maybe damaged weapons.

Dude... the level of the weapons were like poor or something like that IIRC o_O Just don't farm... easy as that. It's like there's an exploit so I HAVE TO use it!!! When will people learn that even if something is possible it doesn't mean your have to do it right away (or at all) :mad:

Vampire222
27-02-04, 13:25
especially warbots dropping marines pwn

Kasumi
27-02-04, 13:27
Originally posted by Vampire222
especially warbots dropping marines pwn

I dont think he mean for warbots to drop rare implants but like lower level mobs dropping ther gatlin pistols and stuff like that.. What is "pwn" I have seen this word many times but I dont know it! :/

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 13:33
Originally posted by Kasumi
I dont think he mean for warbots to drop rare implants but like lower level mobs dropping ther gatlin pistols and stuff like that.. What is "pwn" I have seen this word many times but I dont know it! :/

Yup. I didn't mean WBs dropping marines :)

And as I've always considered "pwn" it's "own"... just mistyped :)

Kalamazoo
27-02-04, 13:40
How much was it for a poor gatling pistol ? 3500 nc ? Where was the Gatling chapel again ? How much was it for a crappy acolyte bolt ? Around 1000 nc IIRC.

So, the question isn't whether mob should drop the equipment they are using, because that what they logically should do. The question is is the game economy ready ?

And, in my opinion, mob farming isn't an exploit. It's just a dumb way to power level while making cash. Even if you put yourself in a position where the mob cannot fight back. Being smart isn't an exploit. Dumbing your way up by using, for eample, an invisible one way hole that one may reasonnably consider as a bug or a design oversight to get the mob, that's an exploit.

Endar
27-02-04, 13:47
Yes. Just try to earn money as a noob spy or monk, you will fall to sleep in a hour (when you have earned about 10k and the next spell costs 20k)... And please dont say that it would make the game too easy, when you have to kill same mobs for two hours over and over again to just buy a new spell or armor set, well its not fun. And when you have killed mobs for two hours you find out that you can use better spell that doesnt cost 20k, it costs 30k, then you just want to buy a gun and shoot someone...

At the lower lvls you have to spend awful much money anyway, this is what my rifle spy spendet last day:
- New Rifle and Item parts/BPs/Greases and Tipping = around 100k (so you have any change to get a slotted one)
- New set of armour = about 50k if i remember right
- New Imps and Bones = around 50k (lost two Imps when i went to hunt outside..)

So thats about 200k i had to spend last day. I think i need to upgrade my stuff again in 5 days or so, and i spendet 10 days to earn that 200k lol... Now why i didnt start a melee tank...

Oh and now my noob char is going to kill aggies for about 3-4 days to buy a Wheeler V1 so i can travel to MB.

*edit: rated 5 stars btw...*

Weee this is so fecking fun, i wonder why i voted "yes"...

Mr_Snow
27-02-04, 13:57
Bring them back but dont make the drops so common or inflation will be worse then it ever has been

L0KI
27-02-04, 14:02
Anyone that votes no to this thread should be Castrated :p

5 stars :D

GT_Rince
27-02-04, 14:09
/e sex

:p

retr0n
27-02-04, 14:54
5 stars.

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 14:57
Didnt Lupus say that mobs would start dropping what they use, but I think its linked to your attack ranking, in other words if an aggie is red to your char then he might drop a gat but if your a 60/70 tank then hes not going to drop good loot cause its to easy a kill.

Endar
27-02-04, 15:06
MUERkO: Well i havent seen him saying anything. The patch notes only say that regants mutants drop now lvl 2 imps and something about DoY weapons...

Bengalmin
27-02-04, 15:08
I voted yes, but I think the drop rate of BETA should be heavily reduced to stop people getting too much cash early on.

have 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 aggies drop a gattling pistol, not every one

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Bengalmin
I voted yes, but I think the drop rate of BETA should be heavily reduced to stop people getting too much cash early on.

have 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 aggies drop a gattling pistol, not every one

Yes, well I'm only talking about the loot not the drop rates :)

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 15:15
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Didnt Lupus say that mobs would start dropping what they use, but I think its linked to your attack ranking, in other words if an aggie is red to your char then he might drop a gat but if your a 60/70 tank then hes not going to drop good loot cause its to easy a kill.

That's cool if it's gonna happen but I haven't heard of that myself :confused:

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 15:17
bleh... doublepost... someone delete this please o_O

numb
27-02-04, 16:16
5 stars

Strych9
27-02-04, 18:03
The best was killing mutants in PP, and then being able to actually use the dropped street rifles as your main weapon. Wait til you get a slotted one, drop phosphor mod on it, and then go to town. :)

Clive tombstone
27-02-04, 18:26
THis makes me think though, would the new logic drops include the MC5 mobs? and I well i DO me the training grounds AND the MC5 "deadly"-grounds. I mean, like the sercurity bots, they would drop rifles and pistols, while in the MC5-Deadly version... What the hell do those MC5 guards use anyways? those guns make a different sound of some sort and look like a different attack animation, ANYWHO make MC5 guards drop there weapons too!

This should be like, ALl "Humanoid" type monsters (IE Sercurity Androids:substanderd security bot: Aggros, Launcher cyclops=Rocket launchers: Butchees and hurlers:gernades. Mutants ;Junk knifes :D :D

5 stars, BTW I want one of those MC5 guns:D

THis would ALSO make a Great way to introduce that new sniper-mod that bypasses PPU shields, make a new mob something allong the lines of "REALLY pissed Off Sniper" or something, and Have him drop the ammo mod, to a certain percent, and as anouther thing, he could drop SH parts or Commandos, or somthig, just kinda a dream inspired by watching Enemy at the gates (http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/enemy_at_the_gates/jude_law/enemy3.jpg):D

-=BlackBeard=-
27-02-04, 18:30
yeah they were the days....... i agree that they should be boguht back in but if i remember in the early days of retail you could go to aggys and make 1 mill in an hour i think thats why they changed it..... but still i like it 5 stars

Rade
27-02-04, 19:44
Yeah beta and beginning of retail was awesome, the problem
was as Ive gathered that some of the drops was way too high
level so it was too easy to make money that way. I remember
myself making like 300k in an hour or so as a noob by selling
those gatlin pistols. However the problem is easily solved by
having them drop lower level versions of the guns they use.

FatDogg
27-02-04, 20:32
Jesus christ yes, it was the good days in beta, maybe not drop a weapon all the time, but at least have a medium/high chance to do so

steweygrrr
27-02-04, 20:39
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
THis makes me think though, would the new logic drops include the MC5 mobs? and I well i DO me the training grounds AND the MC5 "deadly"-grounds. I mean, like the sercurity bots, they would drop rifles and pistols, while in the MC5-Deadly version... What the hell do those MC5 guards use anyways? those guns make a different sound of some sort and look like a different attack animation, ANYWHO make MC5 guards drop there weapons too!

And you would get banned afaik....MC5 use copbot rifles. Thats why they hurt.

Clive tombstone
27-02-04, 20:45
I still dont know why Copbot rifles are bad? Ive never found one ever, and I have no idea on the power/range what-so-ever, so why are the rifles soo bad?

•Super|\|ova•
28-02-04, 00:53
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
I still dont know why Copbot rifles are bad? Ive never found one ever, and I have no idea on the power/range what-so-ever, so why are the rifles soo bad?

Their ability to hit objects behind walls etc plus the high damage. Like the PSI spells :rolleyes:

Clive tombstone
28-02-04, 01:05
Oh Sweet I want one of those :p

Maarten
28-02-04, 15:27
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Dont toy with our hopes and dreams like this. Evil Maarten. :(

I'm not toying with your dreams, I've tested it myself. Want me to make a screenie to prove it?

And the only thing different about the Test Server loot and Retail is that mobs are worth much more, hence they give more money and drop more loot. But the loot table is still the same, so if the loot table that is now used on the Test Server will be patched into retail, the weapons will drop again.