PDA

View Full Version : Bug forum they know, we dont...?!?!

seratoz
27-02-04, 06:43
Ok i know i don't spend 24/7 browsing the forums. So i think it would be a great idea to actually have a new channel in game with a bot that repeatedly goes through the latest applicable bugs cuz half the time i dont know whats happening when a bug does hit me, so i report it to the GM's and they're like "yeah we know about this bug"............. ummm ok I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE BUGS that way im in the position to avoid some potential problems <<< like the forum bug (i posted a long thread unknowing it wouldnt be there later)>>>. Either that or have a perma forum which the GMs or techies update with all known bugs. I dont want to hear crap about they might lose costomers this way because....... we still find out in the end, and it just pisses us off more if we didnt know about it. We pay for the game, i think its owed to us to know whats wrong ya know? SO what do you think ye or nay?

Marx
27-02-04, 07:05
If you encounter a bug, fill out a bugreport.

If you post bugs and exploits, people will simply use and abuse them.

seratoz
27-02-04, 07:10
good point..... well at least limit it to the ones that cant get abused, such as a heal not working, or forums not keeping post, or vehicles getting stuck on a hill for no reason (as i had happen to me yesterday) the GMs would have common sense.......... hopefully :-)

Ehyuko
27-02-04, 08:12
There already are bug forums, it's directly below the Member forums.

seratoz
27-02-04, 08:25
AHH but i was anticipating this....... these are not just bug forums....... people list everything and their brother as bugs, i would like and official GM approved bug list.

Zaq
27-02-04, 12:41
There used to be a public bug tracker and for a while Lupus was giving feedback on it, but it went down for some reason and reakktor showed no interest in supporting it, I heard they have some internal bug tracker but are probably too embarrased to make it publicly available due to the sheer number of bugs in it

J. Folsom
27-02-04, 12:46
Originally posted by Zaq
There used to be a public bug tracker and for a while Lupus was giving feedback on it, but it went down for some reason and reakktor showed no interest in supporting it, I heard they have some internal bug tracker but are probably too embarrased to make it publicly available due to the sheer number of bugs in it It's probably more likely the exploits stored in there as well.

As much as some people seem to think that people would be nice and good and would never use any listed exploits, that's just not the case. If people can get an advantage, fair or not, they'll make use of it.

EDIT: Besides, to stay on topic, multiple reports of a bug can help, as long as they're good reports. The more good reports, which list steps to reproduce the big etc. KK gets, the easier it becomes for them to fix the bug.

Zaq
27-02-04, 12:50
True but they could easily censor exploits.

like the guy says, he spent ages writing a forum post only to see it dissapear. If he'd known about the bug in the first place he would have saved himself a lot of time.