PDA

View Full Version : What exactly does "Keep it in game mean"

Biznatchy
27-02-04, 06:05
I see mods telling people to keep complaints about griefers and such in game. What does that mean. We airout many aspects of the game here but griefing is one we have to keep in game, hell I dont even know what you mean by that, Please explain.

Cyphor
27-02-04, 06:08
The main reason is its against the forum rules to draw attention to a specific player or group of players as this is unfair. Keep it in game means use in-game mechanisms to vent your anger, kill them or put a price on thier dog tags etc, bringing it to the forums and drawing attention to the individauls achieves nothing, and often just causes more trouble with flame wars etc.

Marx
27-02-04, 06:09
Most posts about greifing follow one or more of these standards:

1.) Bitch about certain people / clans
2.) Offers no constructive criticism, "oh shit, I got griefed. WTF?".
3.) Is nothing more than a direct verbal attack at the person or group which killed you.

If one starts a post about greifing which doesn't do any of those three things, it will stay open.

Gotterdammerung
27-02-04, 06:15
ok, here is an example of what should be kept in-game.

Imagine if you will a gamer alone in his room, it's night, only a few lights on. An ashtray dangerously overfilled and everywhere around the fetid room are empty bottles of various alcoholic beverages.

Said gamer is traveling through the wastes when he comes upon an enemy. He engages the foe but the enemy is more then what he expected, looking for a rapid escape he hit the key for his stealth tool only to have nothing happen. Later while waiting for the effects of synaptic impairment to wear off he realises he was actually hitting the key for his hack tool. Enraged at his error he chooses to alt+tab and come to the forums where he proceeds to rant & rave about his foe, stealth tools, hack tools, the validity of the United Nations, the fremasons & easter bunnies alike.

Ie: "keep it in game" means just that. Whatever personal rage you feel at another player, who you think sucks, or who tips badly for pokes should be left there, within the virtual world of Neocron City. It's not suitable for the official forums.

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 06:19
Originally posted by Gotterdammerung
Ie: "keep it in game" means just that. Whatever personal rage you feel at another player, who you think sucks, or who tips badly for pokes should be left there, within the virtual world of Neocron City. It's not suitable for the official forums.

and that's why I don't post/read the ingame forums :D

Biznatchy
01-03-04, 09:02
Ok if you wanted to address noob bashing as it goes on in NC. With out naming names or flaming whould that be taboo.

sparrowtm
01-03-04, 09:11
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Ok if you wanted to address noob bashing as it goes on in NC. With out naming names or flaming whould that be taboo.

No, but boring.

Archeus
01-03-04, 09:22
I knew those bunnies were responsible for everything.

DestructionUK
01-03-04, 13:25
it changes the said issue from that of a game matter to a personal matter. Using a different medium other than the game, brings the issue out of the game and into RL, and thats where a division needs to be in place.

Oath
01-03-04, 13:29
It means keep your whiny ass off the forums when things dont go the right way calling, and i quote "GMS ARE HACKING ME" or "OMFG NERF NERF NERF IT KILED ME AFTER AN HOUR!" or "OMFG (insert clan here) are (insert activity here) bastards"!

INgame things like that are kept ingame and no for discussion on the forums, but 'gotter' has already said this :p

GT_Rince
01-03-04, 13:31
Imagine if you will a gamer alone in his room, it's night, only a few lights on. An ashtray dangerously overfilled and everywhere around the fetid room are empty bottles of various alcoholic beverages.

Hey! I know who that is... o_O

/looks at a certain Saturn runner ;)

johngreen2000
01-03-04, 16:33
ok, here is an example of what should be kept in-game.

Said gamer is traveling through the wastes when he comes upon an enemy. He engages the foe but the enemy is more then what he expected, looking for a rapid escape he hit the key for his stealth tool only to have nothing happen. Later while waiting for the effects of synaptic impairment to wear off he realises he was actually hitting the key for his hack tool. Enraged at his error he chooses to alt+tab and come to the forums where he proceeds to rant & rave about his foe, stealth tools, hack tools, the validity of the United Nations, the fremasons & easter bunnies alike.

omg except for the ashtray and alcohol this story is 100% identical to what happened to me last night. I was in the waste land with my new sniper spy picking off a certain clan that has a bunch of hatred from me. Anyways a devour tank who i had gotten down to about 1/3 health in 3 shots came over the hill and started blasting me. I hit my hack tool and left click about 35 times tring to get it to go off. Well i died and realized that i fucked up. logged off for the night knowing i needed to go to bed and decided id get revenge tomorrow

Just was funny that this example popped up like the same time i did it....wasit you gotter that killed me ;)