PDA

View Full Version : Remove locational damage?

Scikar
27-02-04, 04:39
OK I'm about to go to bed, but I figured I'd post this before I do.

Just simple poll: should we remove locational damage?

For:

Gets rid of the stupid problem where you shoot someone with almost any weapon, and though initially he takes significant damage when he is on low HP you find yourself dealing next to no damage - but heals still heal as fast.

No more of that annoying 'get shot, client thinks you took more damage than you should, legs blown out, slow down, by the time your HP yo-yos back up and legs heal you've been hit twelve times and are almost dead anyway' issue, which applies to both PvM and PvP.

Helps put rayguns on a level playing field with other weapons.

Means a significant boost for sniper rifles also, which currently lack killing power despite 'decent' damage.

Makes weapon damage much easier to test and balance.

Against:

Prevents people from shooting out an opponents legs at the start of a fight as a tactic.

So what do you think?

Psycho Killa
27-02-04, 04:41
I say no if we can fix the other problems aside from just removing hit zones.

Yes if they cant fix those problems.

So uh I abstain.

I think shooting peoples legs out is very valid. You take a risk by doing less damage though it can pay off if you can slow them down.

Benjie
27-02-04, 04:41
I am against localised damage for PvM, so YES in that area.

It's so boring getting your legs shot out by mutants.

As for PvP, I'm undecided, so I'll vote yes.

4 stars.

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 04:42
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

Agreed.

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 04:43
It's nice to know your aiming can have some factor in how much damage you can do so I vote no. However I understand how serious of a problem this is and how locational in most situations is a disadvantage compared to non locational (main reason why dev, RoG and RoLH are heavily abused).

Egeon
27-02-04, 04:45
One possibility would be to make RayGun weapons do locational dmg. Maybe the easiest solution.
OR
e.g. if you aim at the head its energy goes 70% head 30% remaining body. So a smaller RayGun effect remains.

mdares
27-02-04, 04:46
I'd agree to it if as psycho said it would cause all the bugs u mentioned in ur post...

bugs = bad

so anything that fixes bugs = good

gonna vote yes for now.

DonnyJepp
27-02-04, 04:48
As much as people bitched about freezers and para I'm surprised that this hasn't come up before.

getting shot in the legs and not being able to move ruins peeveepee!!!!!1!!1!!oneoneoen

Sorry i just couldn't resist. :p

I'm neutral on this one, personally I'd like to see freezer rifles and pistols boosted up again so that getting shot in the legs isn't the only way to lock someone down.

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 04:50
I just think it's lame that body zones can be "emptied". It just shouldn't be that way. If you shoot them 55 times in the head, it should count as 55 shots in the head...........

Omnituens
27-02-04, 16:40
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

So uh I abstain.

I think shooting peoples legs out is very valid. You take a risk by doing less damage though it can pay off if you can slow them down.

agreed. i want my silent hunter fixed, but i also want to shoot ppls legs out with it.