PDA

View Full Version : FRE and OP fights

Punisher-X
27-02-04, 03:43
Just been at an OP fight. About 10 people and me as the only PPU. Now in the middle of a fight, 1 FRE i can handle but FOR FUCK SAKE 2 in the space of 2 minutes is a TOTAL FUCKING JOKE. It happens as soon as Saturn goes over 250 people, and it takes all the FCUKING FUN OUT THE FUCKING GAME.
The FREs arent random its the FUCKING SHITE servers that can't handle the people.
I hope KK get this shit sorted in DOY cuz if not i can name a bucket load of people that will be leaving this beta4 product.

Im sure within 15 minutes this will be toned down by a mod that doesnt want the paying customers feelings to be expressed.

The shitty FREs ruined any and all strategy that people try and apply to OP fights and its fucking ******.

Drake6k
27-02-04, 03:45
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91752

I've been running mine "realtime" and my ping has droped 35 and I still haven't crashed.

greploco
27-02-04, 04:32
"realtime" - it would be nice if that works, I've been getting mixed results from changing the priority

today was a low point with respect to syncs and stuff

I almost lost my backpack because of it, when something like that happens - well, I just said forget it for today and logged. figure another time whatever is facked up might have unscrewed itself a little

does anyone have any idea why today was so bad in particular?

(that's a question for people who might know)

HumphreY
27-02-04, 04:33
PLZ, dont nerf the FRE!

It's the only effective way to kill PPUs during Op fight!

So happened to my ppu today.. :D

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 13:27
My spells were fizzling all over the place yesterday, most annoying, I lost the plot at MB and got -20 sl for a while :D

Elric
27-02-04, 13:36
Originally posted by Drake6k
http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91752

I've been running mine "realtime" and my ping has droped 35 and I still haven't crashed.

:D

Good news Drake, thanks :)

Someone add something else constructive to my thread, i dont want to cos it'll look like Im bumping it :p

MrChumble
27-02-04, 13:38
Don't be silly, KK are far too busy introducing new bugs...er features I mean, to fix bugs that have been around for 2 years :rolleyes:

deac
27-02-04, 13:43
dont blame the population count... 50-250-500 ppl dont matter you still crash at random times.... and yes i belive that lag + shitty netcode = nc today....

then again the few times pluto passed 600+... well it wasnt nice...

Lecko
27-02-04, 15:10
Will DoY get better code? Surely if the numbers go up, the gameplay goes down with laaaaaag and FRE's. Which means it will all be wasted. Anyone?

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 15:19
Well BDOY is going to take alot of strain off the CPU and put it on the GFX card.

Now people who increase the CPU priority of NC seem tp be crashing less, if thats the case then freeing up the CPU from the GFX work should mean the game runs better and crashes less.

/crosses fingers

numb
27-02-04, 15:40
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Well BDOY is going to take alot of strain off the CPU and put it on the GFX card.

Now people who increase the CPU priority of NC seem tp be crashing less, if thats the case then freeing up the CPU from the GFX work should mean the game runs better and crashes less.

/crosses fingers

Hopefully.. but I hardly crash at all without setting priority. It would be hard for me to measure how much this improves the crash rate - without perhaps playing on saturn, as pluto is virtually crash free for me, whereas saturn is not [due to the number of players online no doubt - which could effect the server _or_ it could effect my client (having to receive more data than it can handle)].

It would actually be a good test to determine if the crashes were the results of crappy servers or just a dodgy client that doesnt normally have the power to process larger packets (at a guess- and it sounds unlikely).

But it's all random anyway, I could crash 5 times one night on saturn and 0 times the next 3 nights. To actually work out if the priority thing works for me, I'd really need to use it over the period of 1 month - doing normal things + recording each crash and then try a month without increased priority to see if there is any difference. It's cool the way it increases FPS though :) I just have doubts with 'fixing' FREs in this way.

Elric
27-02-04, 15:44
it doesnt neccesarily "fix" FRE's, its sure as hell lessens the frequencey of them ;)

Take my word for it, been at it a couple of weeks, and I play both Saturn and Pluto :)

(Pluto more over the last 2 weeks, due to interesting developments)