PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Make number of people in a Faction affect cost of joining that faction?

Lethys
26-02-04, 23:43
Faction hopping is a big problem. Definitely on Pluto, and having read g0rt's thread, on Saturn as well. In particular, people who always join the biggest factions.

What I propose is that the cost of changing faction is worked out by some kind of formula involving the number of people in the faction you wish to join.

For example, on Pluto atm with the new system it would cost about 50k to join DRE or PP, but somewhere around a million to join TT/TG. This would deter people from flocking like lost sheep to the big factions, and might make them get some balls and try something more challenging.

And another thing, which I asked for earlier. When you create a character, there should be an option to be auto-assigned to the faction with the least members. There should also be a NPC that can do it in-game for existing characters.

/edit: doh, forgot to put a poll in, just post response

Kasumi
26-02-04, 23:45
Originally posted by Lethys
Faction hopping is a big problem. Definitely on Pluto, and having read g0rt's thread, on Saturn as well. In particular, people who always join the biggest factions.

What I propose is that the cost of changing faction is worked out by some kind of formula involving the number of people in the faction you wish to join.

For example, on Pluto atm with the new system it would cost about 50k to join DRE or PP, but somewhere around a million to join TT/TG. This would deter people from flocking like lost sheep to the big factions, and might make them get some balls and try something more challenging.

And another thing, which I asked for earlier. When you create a character, there should be an option to be auto-assigned to the faction with the least members. There should also be a NPC that can do it in-game for existing characters.

Yes this sounds like a very good idea!! I dont see to much of a problem with this and itmight actually help spread out the clans and over crowded factions.. :)

Bl@zed
27-02-04, 05:35
awsome idea. I HATE all the fucking faction hoppers in this game...that join wherever they can get easy genreps :rolleyes:

Bengalmin
27-02-04, 15:21
Awsome Idea!!!!

I would add one small fix to it. Base it on the number of active members, the number of members who have logged in in the past month.

Factions like TT have 1000's of unused characters in it.

This would fix sooooo many faction hopping problems

deac
27-02-04, 15:40
sounds good 5 stars

L3m0n
27-02-04, 15:55
its a good idea but 1 prob BD is (well in comp. to TG) a small fac (on saturn) but now that BD and TT are holding or some could say wining the OP war fight alot of people are "glory fac supporters" and as soon as any fac becomes "strong" (which doesnt mean they have to be big) it will not solve this problem! i think KK need to sort out the whole fac swapping system! 300k and 50 symp isnt enough! but as of now i dont realy have any "ideas that would work" to solve this problem, but nice idea anyway :p

athon
27-02-04, 15:56
Good idea as long as inactive accounts are being deleted / ignored by this system.

Athon Solo

El_MUERkO
27-02-04, 15:59
Originally posted by athon
Good idea as long as inactive accounts are being deleted / ignored by this system.

Athon Solo

/\ What he said.

Elric
27-02-04, 16:01
nice idea ^what he said x2 :D

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 16:03
5 stars!

ezza
27-02-04, 16:08
yeah great idea, make those dumb faction hoppers pay 1 mill to come to Bd and then get there asses KOS'd har har

Psyco Groupie
27-02-04, 16:20
one problem is people who are idle / multi char servers .. but not bad idea

Elric
27-02-04, 16:27
Originally posted by ezza
yeah great idea, make those dumb faction hoppers pay 1 mill to come to Bd and then get there asses KOS'd har har

there was me wanting to try out being BD too, nowe cos of all the buggrin faction jumpers I'd have that to contend with too :rolleyes:

oh well, maybe ina few months. Knew i shoulda swapped when Nish was trying to persuade me.

(On Pluto TG is home :p)

ezza
27-02-04, 16:41
Originally posted by Elric
there was me wanting to try out being BD too, nowe cos of all the buggrin faction jumpers I'd have that to contend with too :rolleyes:

oh well, maybe ina few months. Knew i shoulda swapped when Nish was trying to persuade me.

(On Pluto TG is home :p) i have no prob with genuine BD wannabe runners, its just all the people who come for a easy ride

Crest
27-02-04, 16:56
On servers like saturn .... 1mill is still small change as Money buys just about nothing. When You have MC4 Hawkins rares going for 4 mill then you know how bad it is.

At a price of 1 mill I could change factions 60 times or have a 60 member clan change once.

Leave the faction hopping and focus on possilbe putting faction limits

Work on a formula of ... a faction can not have more than 10% of the average number of active players

Explain as follows
1) Actvie player is a player who has logged on in the last 30 days
2) Say there 3000 active players and 12 faction...average should be 250 players per faction.
3) The Max in a faction is 275. So you then have a smaller choice of faction.

This would prevent full clans swoping factions .... If you start in a faction, you may leave but con't ruine the faction by taking all the memebers with you.

This would slow down the faction hopping where full clans decide to leave ... And allow individuals to move on ....

Only and I dea and got lots of scope .... Would also require a 50 or 75 symp .. and mebbe not cost money ....
Also mebbe a faction mission first before you can join ... Like a joining epic ... of 6 stages and that way ot is gonna be a little harder as there are no guarantees that once this little epic is done you will be able to changce

Heavyporker
27-02-04, 19:55
Love the idea of making faction-hopping more precarious and potentially expensive...

•Super|\|ova•
27-02-04, 20:00
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
one problem is people who are idle / multi char servers .. but not bad idea

Well maybe it could only be related to the number of clanned ppl on that faction so it would be at least a bit better then.

Strych9
27-02-04, 20:21
Make it based on the # of recent changes?

So have a base scale based on total # of runners. Then, its modified based on recent faction switches.

DRE is small, and no recent switches to DRE, then ultra cheap.

DRE is small, but in the last month 30 runners moved from some other faction to DRE, costs more.

TG is huge, and no recent switches to TG, its expensive.

TG is huge, and tons of recent switches, its very expensive.