PDA

View Full Version : Copbot armor...

Psycho Killa
26-02-04, 21:32
If your City Admin and have the epic item should you have the option of looking like a copbot without the use of the chest armor spot?

Due to the fact that every class has power armor now and the only usefull armors now appear to be power armors viper king duranium 4 or inq4 for tanks then something needs to be done about the ncpd power armor.

It totaly ruins your character to use this armor. Its an epic item its suppose to enhance your character not obstruct them from being able to gain precious resists/stats.

I say make it so if you have completed the epic and have the epic armor in your inventory you will take on that avatar. If you place it in your gogo it will return you to whatever armor you currently are wearings avatar.

Either that or make it so you can place the ncpd armor over your existing armor without adding any addition stats.

Lets face it this items only value is roleplay but its completely useless outside of a safezone lets change that. Hell I would go city admin and start a clan of cops if thid was possible.

Please if you vote no explain why only because I can see absolutely no reason to be against this and I would like you to enlighten me.

Strych9
26-02-04, 21:44
Hrm, I dont know.

The current NCPD PA is EXTREMELY useful to my WB hunting PE. And its the best possible armor that a Spy can wear.

No other armor at Str 40 even comes close, period.

So it DOES serve a purpose in that regard.

The question is what happens when you are capable of wearing better armor and want to still look like the copbot right? That pretty much only applies to tanks...

Matthew.v.smith
26-02-04, 21:46
Well I sort of understand what ure going on about ^_^.

What u want is to be able to wear the NCPD power armour over another peice of chest armour (Viper king etc).
Apparently because it wrecks ure resists etc.

Well I dunno about that but I expect it can overpower u in quite a few ways.

Dunno any for sure cause im too tired to find out lol.

Matty.:angel:

Psycho Killa
26-02-04, 21:48
No I dont think it should add additional resists it would just be appearence and nothing more.

For spies there pa is the absolute best they can wear an energy belt that gives FAR FAR more energy then the ncpd pa and they get the insane xray from the power armor that they cannot receive through a belt.

For a private eye the power armor is infinitely better. Afaik it adds more energy in addition to adding dex and pc points.

Lethys
He is saying that he wants the CopBot appearance while wearing another chest piece, even if it means not getting the bonuses of the CP armor.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

/edit: beat me to it

Omnituens
Originally posted by Strych9
And its the best possible armor that a Spy can wear.

so... you would rather wear this than PA3 with its combat bonuses and yummy x-ray resist?

plus the Spy PA looks better, and is probably the best looking PA out of all of them.

Strych9
26-02-04, 22:00
I know the Spy can wear PA... I meant excluding PA, as obviously every piece of PA in the game is that way for the classes.

My Spy was fighting warbots. I found the energy protection more valuable than the xray protection. And there is no PA yet that gives combat bonuses for droners. And the NCPD has better force/pierce than the PA which is handy when possibly being attacked by spiderbots and amok copbots. And the NCPD has no negatives to it aside from the weight. :)

So my bad for being unclear.

Regarding PEs... my HC PE is capped in everything except for Dex. hehe. It will be a long time before he can wear PE PA, if he ever can, and even then no PE PA has combat bonuses to help him. And like I said above, NCPD PA has no negatives to it. :)

It wouldnt be a huge loss either way if PKs idea is implemented.

I was only pointing that that NCPD PA *is* actually used for its protection at some points. Not everyone starts out capped... some tanks actually have 40 Str at some point in their life... ;)

Rade
26-02-04, 22:02
Alot of epic rewards needs to be fixed. To begin with, either all
should be faction specific or none. Maybe there should be a set of
quests that are harder and give faction specific stuff that are a
little bit better, and then the current epics that give stuff you
could use after changing. Now, of course all rewards should
either complement other equipment in the game or be
equal/better than it, its a joke that a load of the epic rewards are
just crap, hence its not being used.

Rade
26-02-04, 22:03
I was only pointing that that NCPD PA *is* actually used for its protection at some points. Not everyone starts out capped... some tanks actually have 40 Str at some point in their life... ;)

You need to have like 40 or 45 skill rank to complete the epic, by
then the tank will have like 80 str.

Jest
26-02-04, 22:04
I agree, it would be awesome to see a group of CopBot armored CA fighting at an op war or camping PP. Gah we need more CA people, wth are there none? Its one of the best factions. People just NEED to be TT or TG though. Being CA on Pluto would give you more hostile factions than any other faction with the added benefit of being able to go into Tech Haven past the turrets and kill FA. :lol: Some one make a CA clan damnit!

Marx
26-02-04, 22:05
I just think the color needs to be rethought. I mean, it's good urban camo... but c'mon.

:(

http://dirtynuke.net/hpboxes.jpg

In other news today, a group of City Administration officials raided the Black Dragon headquarters ...

o_O

Psycho Killa
26-02-04, 22:06

Sure if you put anything in a game like this someone will find it viable to use it.

So basicaly it will ruin it for your 2 chars for all the wrong reasons. This is suppose to be for rp atleast from my perspective but your using it as a leveling/hunting tool.

Now wouldnt it be much more beneficial for every city admin character to look like a cop then to have your 2 characters have a little energy bonus?

Certainly it maybe useful for leveling tanks or spies hunting but was that what it was intended for or was it intended for high level players (you have to be relativley high to even acquire it) or was it meant to inject some rp which it obviously isnt doing.

Strych9
26-02-04, 22:10
PK, I said it wouldnt be a big deal for my two chars. I wasnt offering that as a proof why someone should vote no. I voted yes myself.

I was just saying that it IS used, thats all, for the protection it gives.

And I will have you know that my PE wears it proudly as a CA member... not just as a levelling tool.

PK- why not have it so that if you put it in the armor slot it acts as your main armor, and if it is in your inventory and you wear other armor, it just shows the avatar like you said? Then people that actually want to use it can use it. Makes sense.

And Rade, any CA member an wear the armor, not just the one that ran the epic. :)

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 22:19
Hrm, I dont know.

The current NCPD PA is EXTREMELY useful to my WB hunting PE. And its the best possible armor that a Spy can wear.

The question is what happens when you are capable of wearing better armor and want to still look like the copbot right? That pretty much only applies to tanks...

Yeah but you can get 100-200 xray from the the dex PA's ....

Strych9
26-02-04, 22:26
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
Yeah but you can get 100-200 xray from the the dex PA's .... Please see above where I explained that when out hunting WBs, I found the extra pierce and the energy more useful. :)

Keiron
26-02-04, 22:33
Why not let CA PA be "melded" with other armors. IE you would give George "I'm a armor meld'er" NPC your CA armor and the armor you wish to "meld" and he would take the stats/negs/reqs of the armor and put it onto the CA armor. It would make the mean any class could use it (as long as they are CA), armor would be epic (so no drop/break), and would still retain the ugly CA model.

naimex
26-02-04, 22:39
If I am allowed to, then I would like to give my view on this..

(hope i understood this right)

So you want to look like a copbot, when you have the CA epic Armor but just ainīt wearing it ??

That about right ??

TBH I would rather see the CA epic reward changed..

AFAIK it is THE only epic that has faction requirements..

And then I say this ::

Let each faction have what someone here said, an armorsmith or something. Then you go to him with a piece of armor, he will slam your name/clan/faction w0tever into the armor.. and BAM.

Unique armor.

So to sum up this short reply..

change CA epic reward...
make each faction have its own armor.

Then for all I care you can run around looking like a cyberguard or a warbot.

Siygess
26-02-04, 22:54
I'm not so sure. For starters, it offers better armour than any of the of the PE PA's. Sure, it would be neat if it didn't take up the chest slot but I think that would be a little unbalancing :)

I say keep it as it is :)

EDIT: Hmm, I just re-read the original message. If you mean you get to equip the armour and it simply changes your appearance, without confering its armour bonus or using up the chest slot, then I'm more inclined to say yes. Getting to wear PE PA 4 and still look like you're wearing NCPD armour sounds pretty good to me.

greploco
26-02-04, 23:26
point blank

the only class this armor is actually usefull for is a HC/Melee PE or Spy who happens to keep their CA tag -- cause that's the only way they can use it

yes, it does have it's uses as one is leveling up, but once the power armors can be used it becomes useless

I've argued before that the "cardboard box" should be more nifty in some manner. Especially since it paints a nice huge target on your back when you wear it.

even more energy resist? another model? the storm bot model? I dunno.

Rade
26-02-04, 23:40
And Rade, any CA member an wear the armor, not just the one that ran the epic. :)

So basicly its an armor for people who rerolls is that it? Because
theres no way a tank will be able to get one of these unless he
already has one or have friends he can mooch of or something,
making quests that gives rewards that were viable at half the
level that you can complete the mission it is complete idiocy, thats
basic game design rules.

jernau
27-02-04, 06:24
Seems like a fair idea to me though why anyone wants to look like a damp box I've no clue.

KramerTheWeird
27-02-04, 06:28
*shrugs* I never thought I'd say it but it looks better than PE PA.

extract
27-02-04, 06:34
Hrm, I dont know.

for hunting wbs, I would agree to disagree, the PA is way better as wb do heavy xray dmg, my rifle spy with 50 base nrg resist, heavy energy belt and PA 3 laughs at wb dmg(well unless theres more than one shooting =P)

however for other applications(non hunting) I would agree that it would be a somewhat better option, but I will always prefer to wear apy PA, for one it looks cooler, and two, I dont really need the PA for con purposes, <-----SH sniping fool, noone hardly every touches me, and if they manage to get close enough, POOF yea thats right stealth baby!!!