View Full Version : Healing bug, more common now?

Rade
26-02-04, 21:26
Ok, there is a bug where sometimes your heal will act up. For
example a capped TL3 heal usually heals 8 hps per tick but every
now and then it just heals 3 per tick instead. Before the last
patch this bug happened to me just every once in a while, and
zoning always took care of it. However after the last patch I have
this bug 99% of the time, both on my PE and my melee tank, has
anyone else noticed this? Has anyone noticed something that
causes this?

Lafiel
26-02-04, 21:41
plus if you have a heal on now when u zone the heal shows it healing but then drops back to the original value that you zoned in with.... shit needs to be fixed and quick

Carinth
26-02-04, 22:44
That's not really a bug. It's the same as variable damage for Holy Lightning. Heal has gone back and forth, from very random amounts healed per tick, to very consistant. Most often it's opposite to the apu's. When they become consistant, ppu's become random, and vice versa. Seems both are random at the moment though.

Willgamte
26-02-04, 23:18
I have another bug when it comes to healing.

Sometimes I don't see the yellow bubbles comming out from people when the heal I casted is running. This makes it very hard to PPU at places like MC5 and TG caves. With clan mates I can solve it by them simply telling me on TS when it's time for next heal. But that sort of spams TS and is only a temp solution.

It appeared for the first time 3 or 4 nights ago, that night it was like this 80% of the time. After that it happend only a few times, but if it happends at the wrong time, it can be lethal...

Rade
26-02-04, 23:38
Originally posted by Carinth
That's not really a bug. It's the same as variable damage for Holy Lightning. Heal has gone back and forth, from very random amounts healed per tick, to very consistant. Most often it's opposite to the apu's. When they become consistant, ppu's become random, and vice versa. Seems both are random at the moment though.

Well, its quite a difference to have 8 per tick or have 1-8 per tick,
if they just make it random then the max value should be twice
as high.

mr murb
26-02-04, 23:52
I like the bug where I had a constant TL 3 heal on me for more than 2 hours.
Across different zone and thru genreps.
It ended when I crashed.
They should have more positive bugs like that.

Rade
27-02-04, 00:24
Originally posted by mr murb
I like the bug where I had a constant TL 3 heal on me for more than 2 hours.
Across different zone and thru genreps.
It ended when I crashed.
They should have more positive bugs like that.

That bug dont actually heal you, just looks like it does but every 5
secs or so your health will drop down to the real amount again.

Invertigo
27-02-04, 00:30
bugs? neocron?

neo-bug wha?

whats annoying is when your a PPU and your like at pepper park, and you cant cast a heal on the person about to run in because it will be completly useless once they zone, or even worse, your a PPU for a group of 3 people in pepper park, and one has to run out because he sucks (:D ) and he needs a heal bad, you head out and cast heal on him, and then on TS you hear our other friend go "OMG WHERE THE F0OK ARE YOU NEWB I NEED A HEEEL", but you cant zone yet or the guy you just casted heal on will be useless and stop working after you zoned.

atleast now i can wait till i get 30 poisin stacks on my tank before i zone:p onos i hope im not exploiting....o_O

BramTops
27-02-04, 01:24
Originally posted by Willgamte
I have another bug when it comes to healing.

Sometimes I don't see the yellow bubbles comming out from people when the heal I casted is running. This makes it very hard to PPU at places like MC5 and TG caves. With clan mates I can solve it by them simply telling me on TS when it's time for next heal. But that sort of spams TS and is only a temp solution.

It appeared for the first time 3 or 4 nights ago, that night it was like this 80% of the time. After that it happend only a few times, but if it happends at the wrong time, it can be lethal...

Also noticed it.... *very* annoying... FIX IT!!

(but please dont call it "yellow bubbles" o_O, It's Neocron FFS;) )

Jesterthegreat
27-02-04, 04:27
i get this with almost anything...

either zone or remove it from quickslot into inv, then put it back

seems to fix it

Willgamte
28-02-04, 01:54
Originally posted by BramTops
Also noticed it.... *very* annoying... FIX IT!!

(but please dont call it "yellow bubbles" o_O, It's Neocron FFS;) )

Heh but it IS yellow bubbles :) And I'm proud of my yellow bubbles....oops I said it again :rolleyes:

Rade
28-02-04, 15:49
Can some mod move this to the "Weapon and Item Related
Bugs" forum so that we at least have reported this to KK in the
appropriate fashion?

Susi
28-02-04, 17:04
Originally posted by Invertigo
whats annoying is when your a PPU and your like at pepper park, and you cant cast a heal on the person about to run in because it will be completly useless once they zone

My heals usually work after zoning... The problem seams to be this:
While you sync, the timers on the client freeze for all active spells (heals/shelters/drugs/poison stacks...). On the server the timers are still running. When you finally reach the other zone, your client continues to show the symbols and the timers defreeze, but the buffs might not be active anymore on the server (because zoning might have taken as long as heal would have lasted), so heal doesn't seam to work. (And of course while you sync, the heal doesn't affect you server side...)

Shadow Dancer
28-02-04, 22:01
Since the last patch there has been a bug where stack spells do not continue their effect after you zone. This is most noticable with apu poison, :rolleyes:, fire stackage and heal spells.

The above statement was in reference to Lafiel's heal bug post.

Eddie
28-02-04, 23:23
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Since the last patch there has been a bug where stack spells do not continue their effect after you zone. This is most noticable with apu poison, :rolleyes:, fire stackage and heal spells.

The above statement was in reference to Lafiel's heal bug post.

This, I believe, is due to a possible exploit with stacking someone full of poison, and then zoning: you will probably die, and the other guy will not get a SL/symp hit as he's not in zone - for those that don't know.

I can also imagine what Susi's saying is the truth: as when you zone, you are fully synched with the server again: and maybe the timers are reset too.

Eddie

El Barto
29-02-04, 05:17
Yeah the zoning thing with heal needs to be fixed, and yes u are right rade.

Rade
29-02-04, 11:41
Mods please move this to the bug forum so that the KK employee
gets this bug report.