PDA

View Full Version : Something is messed up about secondary weapons on Vehicles

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 21:21
How many people seen this?

The tail gun on the Trikes are essentially unusable because you can't operate them independently of the driver - this means you can't even use the tail gun to shoot what's right in front of you!

When did this change? I think, when they first came out and I was invited to try the trike out in a demolition derby race, the tail gun WAS able to be moved independently of the vehicle's orientation, when I shot at a jeep besides me.

This HAS got to change! Make the Trike tail gun able to turn independently of the vehicle! Also, make the tail gun on the Trikes stronger (minimum 3x stronger than current 'combat chainbike' gun strength) so it'll actually get used, like in OP combat!

Also, the grenade launcher on the wheeler car is just.... useless... COMPLETELY useless.. you can't turn the gun around or change the angle of launch, so its essentially a suicide button based on how frequently the grenades blow up on yourself.

This HAS got to change! Make the grenade launcher on the combat car able to turn and change barrel elevation independently of the vehicle!

Who agrees?! Anyone else experienced those problems too? Speak up!

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 21:25
Yeah the look thing sucks, itwouldnt suck so much if tailgunner had Y axis unlocked, and it would rule to have X axis unlocked too, not to mention the gun getting abit of a boost

Mirco
27-02-04, 00:30
The combat wheeler really needs a controllable turret. I read in the test server notes for patch 198 they have made the grenade launcher shoot longer. This is a useless change as long as they dont let the grenade launcher work as a turret. Imagine trying to shoot someone running. You`ll have to anticipate the targets movement and move your car accordingly. This will be next to impossible to do. If it is intended to shoot over OP walls at a big group it might work, but tying two people up in the combat wheeler doesn`t give you much back for what you put into it. As you have to face the car to your target and everyone runs almost as fast as the car it will be no problem to move inside the range of the car and the driver and gunner will be sitting ducks.

If KK arent going to allow turret movement on the car it might as well be a one man driver/gunner configuration with one passenger. Perhaps the passenger can use his weapon in it?

Clive tombstone
27-02-04, 02:15
Like in a previous post, i said I used the Combat wheeler as a form of artillary, which works Quite well, Uhnfortuantly, your right, the turret NEEDS to have an X-axis and not just a Y-axis. as for the Assault trike, what would REALLY be sweet would be if the driver could control the Missles AND the tail gun :D man, Id make those WBs drop in seconds!

5 stars!