PDA

View Full Version : RPGVault BDOY Feature #5

Thanatos
26-02-04, 19:54
Peek #5: New Taxi Service (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/494/494810p1.html)

Enjoy!

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 19:55
whee *reading*

Maester Seymour
26-02-04, 19:56
weeeee

Also goes to read :D

Alamais
26-02-04, 19:58
Looks great. Gonna be fun traveling the city with those. :D

Shujin
was just about to make a thread "WHERES FEATURE 5?!?! " ;D

Marx
It's good to know that there will once again be things flying above the streets of Neocron.

Shujin
26-02-04, 19:59
what will happen to old subway?

Thanatos
26-02-04, 20:01
Subway will stay. These cabs are for travel within a zone, the sub is for covering greater distances.

sw1tch
26-02-04, 20:03
looks sweet,

btw the pics are the wrong way round :)

"The first two images show the vehicle from different perspectives. The other two are based on screenshots directly from the game."

Just thought i'd help ya :p

Tratos
26-02-04, 20:05
looks very nice :) a very handy way to travel the city and will be very helpful for trade skillers whom have heavy loads :) also its gonna be cool sniping people out of them with the safe zone removal :D

~Tratos

Jest
26-02-04, 20:09
Thats gonna be interesting considering they will be in anarchy zones. *takes out Malediction* Hehe looks good though, much more worthy of a sneak peak. Good to see we will be seeing some sneak peak stuff that isn't mentioned in the plan file.

Edit: Btw I found amusing that clinking on the Neocron header at the top of that article leads to an ebay search of Neocron. Didnt notice that on all the other peaks.

Doc Holliday
26-02-04, 20:23
they look cool but are they really needed. some of the zones just arent really that big to warrant cabs surely......... plaza 2 maybe from the zone to p1 to p3 is a stretch but by no means 4 away. if they traversed the zones it would be different and fun. u could pick up in plaza 1 and travel over to pp3 to your fave noodle bar where u get "greeted" by the cops ala blade runner.

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 20:24
ooh... thanks for reminding me, jest...

What about the subway 'zone'? Will it be a safezone or anarchy zone? If so, will the NExT subway guards do their jobs properly?

And moreover... will there be at LEAST a small charge to use the services? I mean, NExT *is* a business, like Amtrak in the US...

though our services are much safer and reliable...

NS_CHROME54
26-02-04, 20:30
yeah... myself, i feel that the city zones just aren't big enough to warrant a hovercab service like this (unless they go REALLY fast). I mean, zones aren't big, they're fairly small, and it's already easy to travel accross them.

Myrlin
26-02-04, 20:33
Does anyone think they will actually use these taxis? I would understand if they were out in the wastes and saved me the trouble of finding a way over the mountains, but in P1? P1 is soo small that I can run from one end to the other in just a few seconds. If the tax takes me from one important location to another, that means I'd take one from the concenter to medicare? Even if I went from concenter to Next HQ I think people will be able to outrun or at least run as fast as the taxi that has to take off and land.

J. Folsom
26-02-04, 20:33
Originally posted by Jest
Edit: Btw I found amusing that clinking on the Neocron header at the top of that article leads to an ebay search of Neocron. Didnt notice that on all the other peaks. Phew, I was afraid I was the only one who had that. I dislike the idea of having been stupid enough to get some of the more complex spyware on my computer.

Anyway, neat.

yeah... myself, i feel that the city zones just aren't big enough to warrant a hovercab service like this (unless they go REALLY fast). I mean, zones aren't big, they're fairly small, and it's already easy to travel accross them.Might have to do with this. (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/474/474410p1.html?ui=MainConnectionBox)
Since they're enlarging the city zones, it might mean they're more necesarry. Besides, it'd be nice to be able to grab a hovercab from the area in front of medicare which simply goes straigth up, saves a lot of time for some appartments.

40$Poser
26-02-04, 20:40
it's great and all, but to be honest majority of the previews haven't dealt with new things to do (with the exception of hacknet/customizable apartments). It's just details and minor things...

kind of leaves the feeling of just some new crap here and there and it'll basically be the same game as it is now.

Marx
26-02-04, 20:41
Originally posted by 40$Poser
it's great and all, but to be honest majority of the previews haven't dealt with new things to do (with the exception of hacknet/customizable apartments). It's just details and minor things...

kind of leaves the feeling of just some new crap here and there and it'll basically be the same game as it is now.

They're sneak peeks.

peeks.

40$Poser
26-02-04, 20:51
Originally posted by Marx
They're sneak peeks.

peeks.

I know that.

know

but outside from the current base of neocron players. Do you think someone who stumbles across the article would be so impressed by a new rpos or a taxi service that he would want to buy the game or try it out?

What I'm trying to hint at is that it would probably be better if they actually previewed new entertaining things to do in BDoY. Stuff that would expand gameplay. Taxis might be cool as a detail useable feature, but honestly would that make you want to go and buy BDoY?

Unless neocron is meant to be everyone sits in hovertaxis and flies around the city all day, this isn't that massive or crucial of an addition to NC.

mystery8
26-02-04, 20:54
Very nice. I'd love to see how Plaza 1 will look with these things and the Copbot Hovers flying around again...

Myrlin
26-02-04, 20:54
But taxis in the city and marta stewart decorating apartments isn't something players will be doing 24/7.

*GASP* OMG is it possible that KK might secretly be trying to recruit RPing players and players that aren't only looking for a PvP FPS? Oh the horror. Somebody better tell Vett so he can go smack Martin around and tell him how this game is supposed to work.

EDIT: Bah I hate when ppl edit their posts :P

Sefran
26-02-04, 20:57
Wicked

INFERNO22
26-02-04, 20:58
:) Thes look so cool they be good for people who are bored:angel:

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 20:59
But taxis in the city and marta stewart decorating apartments isn't something players will be doing 24/7.
What. The. Jibbly?

I know I'll be spending most of my time ubering-up my apartment and playing with these fancy new features. They make me JIGGLE with excitement!

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 21:02
Well, look at the height of the zones that the previous Sneak Peeks suggested...

At MINIMUM four levels (that's just what you COULD see) in Plaza Four and Plaza One. And that's just straight up height. I think they will almost certainly expand the sectors horizonally.. putting more stuff in, longer streets. (Please... please... let us use vehicles...)

Marx
26-02-04, 21:04
I know that.

know

but outside from the current base of neocron players. Do you think someone who stumbles across the article would be so impressed by a new rpos or a taxi service that he would want to buy the game or try it out?

What I'm trying to hint at is that it would probably be better if they actually previewed new entertaining things to do in BDoY. Stuff that would expand gameplay. Taxis might be cool as a detail useable feature, but honestly would that make you want to go and buy BDoY?

Unless neocron is meant to be everyone sits in hovertaxis and flies around the city all day, this isn't that massive or crucial of an addition to NC.

There aren't going to be any truly dramatic changes to the game itself.

Gameplay will still be the same, the purpose behind the game will still be the same.

The only thing that really is changing is asthetic material...

Anyway, seeing as these are going to be released every two weeks... and most people beleive that the game will be released some time in June - I'd say there's more than enough time for them to cover the material you want to know.

Mr Black
26-02-04, 21:06
Is there going to be a 50 ncred soiling charge if i puke up 10 cans of cron 55 and a rottenflesh kebab in the back on the way home from a heavy night out in pepper park ??? ....... ; p

J. Folsom
26-02-04, 21:09
Originally posted by Mr Black
Is there going to be a 50 ncred soiling charge if i puke up 10 cans of cron 55 and a rottenflesh kebab in the back on the way home from a heavy night out in pepper park ??? ....... ; p Nah, NExT doesn't bother with whether you can pay or not, they just make you wash all the cabs the moment you do so. ;)

Mr Black
26-02-04, 21:10
Thell have to let u be able to do a runner then : )

Ascension
26-02-04, 21:58
*drools*

OMG its sweet.. and from what ive seen the citys are growing 'upwards' so i guess there will be new apt lifts bars.. shops etc;)

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 22:03
Yeah, ascention... upwards, certainly, but I SOOooOOOooOOoOoo hope they will confirm that they are expanding the sectors horizontally, so that you'll really spend some time trying to get from one end to the other.

I mean, they don't HAVE to pack the zones to the brim with all sorts of shops... just longer streets and bigger buildings, as it should be.

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 22:17
Nice little addition but realitively minor, get onto the big stuff like the changes to skills and the addition of the Ceres stuff!

Ascension
26-02-04, 22:19
i dont think they will ;) these are teaser's they aint gonna release big stuff.. so we will just have to wait:lol: :(

Seven
26-02-04, 22:29
Looks great, keep up the good work!

Zanathos
26-02-04, 22:39
No offense, but whoop dee do.

Not really a great thing, but hey, at least it makes the game look purdy.

naimex
26-02-04, 22:45
Uhm.. great... jolly-riffic...

what about DoY ???

are these social hover taxis only for neocron ? or ??

what does the DoY side get ?

Slides ??

jump into a slide..... fall down with incredible speed.. then float out of bottom of slide and land on your feet and have health restored by the falling bring back all health thing ?

Nah seriously.. what does DoY get ?

Jest
26-02-04, 22:49
Originally posted by naimex
what does the DoY side get ?
DoY gets Drom drawn carriages.

http://camelphotos.com/GraphicsP7/camel_carriage2.jpg
Mruu!!!!

naimex
26-02-04, 22:50
Originally posted by Jest
DoY gets Drom drawn carriages.

Mruu!!!!

SWEET !!!

[SEX Transport]

Drake6k
26-02-04, 22:58
I think that man is sitting inside that camel's ass.

ServeX
26-02-04, 23:07
sounds neat

Kasumi
26-02-04, 23:19
Oh that sound so neat!! ^.^ I like it bunch!! Good job Reakktor!!

Invertigo
27-02-04, 00:22
looks cool, but are we ever going to get the FULL feature list?

i hope that the planfile isnt it...because TBH there wasnt as much on it as i had hoped for...

i know MJS said that the things in that plan file are only things gauranteed to be put into the game, so that has me thinking that there just throwing some random shit all together and putting it in.

it has been over a year since the original due date for DOY, and with that long of a wait i was kinda expecting ATLEAST more detailed info on some of the things, like the ceres skills... etc...

Valkyrie
27-02-04, 00:51
Originally posted by Drake6k
I think that man is sitting inside that camel's ass.

You would though....
Wouldnt you? ;)

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 01:07
I'm not impressed. I mean it's a cool feature, but once again it just seems so tiny and un-needed(sp?). Do we realy need taxis for zones inside the city? Zones aren't really that big....I've yet to see any big or major changes like outposts revamps or other stuff.

All these little "tweaks" are nice but they really don't make me say "OMG". So far the only Vault Feature that is actually a SOMEWHAT big change is the hacknet feature imo.

I feel like all the rpgvault features will follow this pattern of tiny tweaks or little cool perks that aren't really anything major. There's really no new cool feautres. Let's say someone without hacking looks at all the 5 new "features". Basically it just seems like a nice little facelift, without any actual concrete changes or new things to do, or more content.

Next week it'll probably be a graphical revamp of Crahn Church. woooooooooooooooooo

Bleh.

I know that.

know

Exactly.

Marx
27-02-04, 01:11
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
-stuff-

C'mon, you and I both know they're saving the good stuff for last.

If this was all DoY was going to add... Then yeah, I'd feel the same way you do.

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Jest
27-02-04, 01:13
All these little "tweaks" are nice but they really don't make me say "OMG".
I definitely agree that to some one browsing the article they may not give some one the excitement to go out and pick up a copy. Maybe as far as Sneak Peaks go they could do a little better.

BUT, while the individual additions dont make me want to say "OMG", I think when all the little things are combined together, and where there is just a ton of new little stuff in combination with the bug stuff. Thats gonna make me say "OMG."

I'm excited. :p

Kasumi
27-02-04, 01:16
The new taxi thing looks like would be a good addition sure it isnt the BEST of features but I know little things like this make me happy and they add to the atmosphre(?) of the game... :)

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 01:17
C'mon, you and I both know they're saving the good stuff for last.

If this was all DoY was going to add... Then yeah, I'd feel the same way you do.

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Except we don't "know" that for sure Marx. Maybe if 1 in every 3 sneak peeks was something big, or 1 in every 4. But so far...................... O_o

I mean people who want all the servers erased, and all chars, money, items, souls, histories, deleted so that the new chars can be on equal footing( :rolleyes: ) abuse the excuse that this is going to be a new game completely different blah blah blah. So far I don't see anything that indicates that.

Hell, you could take some of the biggest patches KK ever put out, and break them up into 10 sneak peeks. lol Does that mean it's worthy of a super uber new expansion that will "transform" the game?

meh

Marx
27-02-04, 01:19
Except we don't "know" that for sure Marx. Maybe if 1 in every 3 sneak peeks was something big, or 1 in every 4. But so far...................... O_o

I know, but that's just what I keep telling myself.

:(

Kasumi
27-02-04, 01:19

I mean people who want all the servers erased, and all chars, money, items, souls, histories, deleted so that the new chars can be on equal footing( :rolleyes: ) abuse the excuse that this is going to be a new game completely different blah blah blah. So far I don't see anything that indicates that.

Hell, you could take some of the biggest patches KK ever put out, and break them up into 10 sneak peeks. lol Does that mean it's worthy of a super uber new expansion that will "transform" the game?

meh

But why would they give you the biggest and best things being added to the game right at the beginning? You think maybe they are giving you the small stuff then gradually build up your excitment then give you the big stuff? Or maybe they dont want to give the NEW best stuff out right now and are waiting for the release and let people find out some of the new stuff.. You dont need everything handed to you! giving out all the features and the best ones would and may ruin som of the fun out of the game Shadow!

amfest
27-02-04, 01:21
I wonder how fast they can travel . .keep in mind the zones are going to be expanded so this will cut travel time short ...also with no safezones (hopefully they are sorta fast) you might be running from a high level PvP'r with your tradeskiller or low level character to jump into one of these babies and get away. I think that will rule if they could be a convient getaway car :P

Mumblyfish
27-02-04, 01:29
BECAUSE MY OPINION MATTERS SO MUCH HERE IS WHAT I THINK OF EVERY IGN FEATURE SO FAR!

Peek #1 [Hacknet] - 140 Hack, baby! A whole new gameplay type. Ain't Nothin' Sexier Than That.
Peek #2 [Bettar Textyars] - Anything that makes the game prettier is good, in my opinion.
Peek #3 [Custom Apartments] - Good idea, but I'll be impressed when I get more than renders.
Peek #4 [New GUI] - Nice, big and chunky. Some nice, FULL 2D graphics with a big screen presence. Really sexy.
Peek #5 [HoverCabs] - Oh. God. YES! Fancy flying cars! I can fly high above the city! If the game gets a decent graphical upgrade, this COULD be awesome (string of ones and exclamation marks).

Marx
27-02-04, 01:36
Originally posted by amfest
I wonder how fast they can travel . .keep in mind the zones are going to be expanded so this will cut travel time short ...also with no safezones (hopefully they are sorta fast) you might be running from a high level PvP'r with your tradeskiller or low level character to jump into one of these babies and get away. I think that will rule if they could be a convient getaway car :P

Yeah, I was just thinking...

Most zones have 0% room for something like this - I'd really love to see how they add/rearange things to make it work.

Shadow Dancer
27-02-04, 01:38
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
[Bettar Textyars]

:lol:

I know, but that's just what I keep telling myself.

:(

lol

Originally posted by Kasumi
But why would they give you the biggest and best things being added to the game right at the beginning?

5 features have already passed. That's why I waited a little before saying this. If this was feature 2, well then you would be right.

You think maybe they are giving you the small stuff then gradually build up your excitment then give you the big stuff?

Perhaps. That's possible. And I don't totally exclude that possibility. But it 5 features............ lol

I'm seeing a pattern here. Of course I would love for KK to prove me wrong.

You dont need everything handed to you! giving out all the features and the best ones would and may ruin som of the fun out of the game Shadow!

It wouldn't ruin some of the fun for me, because I havent' even experienced it yet. As a matter of fact, it would just build more excitement up within me. :D

I looked over the doy list. And after the hype calmed down, I just realized only 2 of the things actually give me any excitement. Wisdom of ceres disks, and the fact that there's an entire new city.

Also, when Martin posted about TH and TG becoming "super" outposts. That gave me alot of excitement. But i haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, so it sounds like a feature they haven't even got started on that might not even make it into BDOY's release.

I forgot about that. It would be a bit exciting to get into a taxi and escape if there are no safezones around.

:D

NeoChick
27-02-04, 02:04
I have been trying out other MMORPG's whilst waiting for DOY (and of course 'advertising' DOY every step of the way on other forums).

What is interesting is that more and more often I see ingame conversations popping up discussing NC DOY with everybody waiting and feeling positive about the game.

Last night saw this conversation on cBeta for Lineage2:
Cant wait for NCDOY
What is NCDOY
That's Neocron, the best FPS ever made

So I think the future looks very rosy for NC DOY

Clive tombstone
27-02-04, 02:27
Well I think its gonna be cool, and you know what? theres gonna be at least 2! count em 2! more expansions after this (im guessing PLEASE KK :p ) which happen to be Neo-tokyo and Irata/Mars. THese would be sweet.

Anyways concerning the space and stuff for hovercabs to fly... I KNOW KK will figuer someway to make things "interesting" One thing Im REALLY hoping for in this game is Gambling, wich would make a good Pit-stop for the hover-cabs (Imagins stoping off at Viarosso Casino, and winning Tons of creds, then blowing it on a titan armor vest :p )

Edit; Neocron IS the best FPS MMORPG, Face of mankind can kiss my NC lurvin Butt

Spoon
27-02-04, 02:59
Originally posted by Heavyporker
ooh... thanks for reminding me, jest...

What about the subway 'zone'? Will it be a safezone or anarchy zone?

Well, that's about the 3rd time that question has gone unanswered.......

I wonder if that's intentional.........

Kasumi
27-02-04, 03:16
Originally posted by Spoon
Well, that's about the 3rd time that question has gone unanswered.......

I wonder if that's intentional.........

Probably safe zones unless they give the Hovercabs more HP.. if you look at them probably have 1% HP.. :) But maybe not, if they make the NEXT Guards in the covercab areas attack people then making them anarchy would be good!

Q`alooaith
27-02-04, 03:24
I'd like to point people to the earlyer peek..

City zone's are going up, they will probably won't go out to the side's much more, but up is good, esp as hover cab's can take you up faster..

areas saw their height increased by up to 200 percent

This is city area before..

This is city area after

raised by 100% would be like stacking one on top of another, 200% is like stacking a third on top of that...

So imagine plasa 1 if you will, where to get to the top might take three grav lift's or so maybe...

Make's you think don't it, with new taller zones the city will be a much more fun place to go about, and these new cab's will let people get about more quickly..

Also note, DoY will probably get exactly the same hover cab's, not the subway type one's, but one's like the sneek peek shows, since it's better for use inside a dome cause they run cleanly..

Invertigo
27-02-04, 03:31
But why would they give you the biggest and best things being added to the game right at the beginning? You think maybe they are giving you the small stuff then gradually build up your excitment then give you the big stuff? Or maybe they dont want to give the NEW best stuff out right now and are waiting for the release and let people find out some of the new stuff.. You dont need everything handed to you! giving out all the features and the best ones would and may ruin som of the fun out of the game Shadow!

so i dont egt pissed off and just say omg fuck this and never check again, and cancle my accounts and not look back...:p

Benjie
27-02-04, 04:31
I hope Plaza doesn't turn into an anarchy zone like Pepper Park was with Copbots.

I hope is that to even draw a weapon gets you shot instantlly, Hundreds of Copbots patrolling the place, It's very hard to simplt 'pull out a malediction and start blasting, and anyone who kills in the inner city looses fucking loads of Soulight and Faction sympathy and is heavily punished.

Only pre-organised terrorist attacks will be viable, I hope. And highly punished.

I want it to be possible to kill in plaza, not for it to ruin the game by people doing it 24.7.

Invertigo
27-02-04, 04:40
Originally posted by Benjie
I hope Plaza doesn't turn into an anarchy zone like Pepper Park was with Copbots.

I hope is that to even draw a weapon gets you shot instantlly, Hundreds of Copbots patrolling the place, It's very hard to simplt 'pull out a malediction and start blasting, and anyone who kills in the inner city looses fucking loads of Soulight and Faction sympathy and is heavily punished.

Only pre-organised terrorist attacks will be viable, I hope. And highly punished.

I want it to be possible to kill in plaza, not for it to ruin the game by people doing it 24.7.

even with all the added security that your talking about im sure it wont help, people ALWAYS find ways to easily get around obstacles

Benjie
27-02-04, 04:43
Originally posted by Invertigo
even with all the added security that your talking about im sure it wont help, people ALWAYS find ways to easily get around obstacles
Don't forget you won't live with your rival factions anymore. You will be surrounded be neutral and allied factions, in a highly protected city with a lot of trade-offs.

amfest
27-02-04, 07:20
wasn't DOY going to be some semi-run down place? Not to say it won't have it's own type of beauty and such like the Crahn cathedral that Martin says is his favorite place to hang out cause it has light streaning down through the umm glass was it? and actual monk chanting in the background. So I don't think there will be hovercabs really will there? I think it will look poor with major expenses spent on weapons and not the look of the city? but then again maybe I need to take a read of the storyline sometime .. lol

Skinfitz
27-02-04, 11:18
I still think we should be able to ride droms.

Also it wil be good if we can get out of the taxi while in mid-flight, and blow them up if we want.

AlphaGremlin
27-02-04, 12:24
What I want to know is whether the taxi's will work like the current subways, where they stop even when there's no-one there, or whether they will detect if someone is standing there and only land then? Perhaps a button of some sort to tell it you wish to get out, so that it doesn't stop at every freaking scripted location.

Rimase
27-02-04, 13:43
I hope with NC:BDOy, GenReps are used ALOT LESS than they are now.

GenRep's locations are completely wrong. WTF IN PUBLIC? :rolleyes: WASTELANDS IN MIDDLE OFA NO-WEHRE!? 8|:rolleyes:

Constant deaths. Repeatedly! What's the point of killing if they're just going to spawn again and barely ANYTHING changed with their character.....

KK, please tell me GenReps will be in clean enviroments? :(

:rolleyes:

amfest
27-02-04, 13:53
I know what you mean Rimase but I"d much rather see a time on deaths . and after laying there dead for a while you start to lose XP to stats like you can stay dead for 5 min or so and then the XP drops hit and it shows on your screen the an amount going up showing how many points are being subtracted from your stats so death can be harsh if you're waiting for a Rez

Xizor
27-02-04, 15:36
What are they needed for? Ya it's cool but, how about new DoY zones, the new map? New stuff in DoY? Weapons? Updated mobs?
New mobs? Reworked MC5? Ect..

Something "useful"

Archeus
27-02-04, 18:32
Will there be a ghost train ride version? How about splash mountain, and you could have it take a screen shot as your falling (but if anyone says 'sex' then the pictures are blanked out).

Marx
27-02-04, 18:47
Originally posted by Archeus
Will there be a ghost train ride version? How about splash mountain, and you could have it take a screen shot as your falling (but if anyone says 'sex' then the pictures are blanked out).

That would be hilarious.

:lol:

SPIKE (pluto)
27-02-04, 20:28
Sounds great, but why is there an everquest logo on the side of the page?O_o

Invertigo
28-02-04, 06:55
I know what you mean Rimase but I"d much rather see a time on deaths . and after laying there dead for a while you start to lose XP to stats like you can stay dead for 5 min or so and then the XP drops hit and it shows on your screen the an amount going up showing how many points are being subtracted from your stats so death can be harsh if you're waiting for a Rez

im sorry but thats just dumb.

the death thing is fine how it is.

yea it pisses me off alot when i kill someone and just see them log off, but then again id like to have the same right if i was really pissed and didnt feel like just GRing right away and getting repoked when theres only 80 people on the server.

Mumblyfish
28-02-04, 12:02
Originally posted by SPIKE (pluto)
Sounds great, but why is there an everquest logo on the side of the page?O_o
The advert is there because Sony Online Entertainment paid to have their ads plastered all over IGN, they seem to be in abundance around the RPGVault pages.

But hey, remember when it got REALLY bad?

http://www.8bitjoystick.com/archives/photos/IGNWhoredtoMcDonalds.jpg

Dribble Joy
28-02-04, 14:23
Originally posted by Xizor
What are they needed for? Ya it's cool but, how about new DoY zones, the new map? New stuff in DoY? Weapons? Updated mobs?

Something "useful"

My sentiments exactly.

I hurried home to read the new sneak peek... and I got this.

While I'm not really slagging off KK for this, I did expect smething a bit more... enthralling.

Looks fun though :p.

Kasumi
28-02-04, 14:36
Originally posted by Xizor

Something "useful"

In my opnion this is something useful!! It add atmosphre to the game and it just can make it a bit more enjoyable.. :)

Heavyporker
28-02-04, 16:03
trust me, immersion is just as important as updating the map.

amfest
28-02-04, 23:12
yea it pisses me off alot when i kill someone and just see them log off, but then again id like to have the same right if i was really pissed and didnt feel like just GRing right away and getting repoked when theres only 80 people on the server.

yea but hopefully there will be alot more people around when BDOY comes out . . . also you don't HAVE to get poked you CHOOSE to get poked to have those stats there is nothing stopping anyone from using weapons/spells that can be used without imps. It just gives death a semi-penalty if you wait around for a rez too long like 10 min . .you can wait longer but then you'll start losing xp. . . anyhow this is offtopic . i tend to do it alot :p

Will people be able to be shot inside the cars? targeted? . only AOE weapons? .. can the flying cabs be shot at? and destroyed? Respawn times? . . .a lil offsubject but what about Next cabs in subway? heh. Will we be able to go on the tracks? People can exploit getting on the tracks now so if you restrict getting on tracks then people are going to get an unfair advantage that know how to do it.

About the cars not being useful or whatnot think of it like this . .you can get to places with the stairs or an elevator in a building . .which do you take typically? Only since the zone is going to be expanded think of it this way .. you get on a car at the con center and go to the new Player run store that's located near city admin HQ on the newly added 5th floor that to get to you'd have to run to the lift by crytons .. go to 3rd floor .. run over near apts go up 1 floor grav lift . then run over near city admin HQ then go up final grav lift and run a lil ways made it . .. (just an example of how it could be since they said it'd make it easier to access places that would take some detours to get to) Anyhow we'll find out when they come out . . .

Vid Gamer
29-02-04, 00:01
Not really what I wanted to see next but still cool I guess.

KuifJe
29-02-04, 00:29
Neocronicle Friday Issue V4-2/4
NExT and CityAdmin sign contract

.............................. by Barry Pepper

[X] Jupiter | [X] Uranus | [X] Saturn | [X] Pluto

Today, CityAdmin an NExT Systems Inc. proudly presented, that they just
signed a big contract over a multi-million NC for NExT to start
researching for an Inner City Cab System. "Our infrastructure is not the
best, as we are coming to believe", was said in the official CityAdmin
Statement. "People are always in the same places, while other places
stay deserted. We hope to distribute the flow of passersby better so
more sectors get used, and the ones that are currently used will be less
crowded. All in all, the quality of life in the Inner City will be a lot
better."

NExT representatives seemed very happy. "We plan to merge our Hovercab
Technologies with the Security Drones that are flying around in Neocron
City. We want very comfortable rides that are fast enough to do their
job, yet slow enough to let the passenger enjoy the great view over
Neocron. We will erect landing pads on several points of the city. I
cannot wait to see all this done."

Just hope it's as good as it looks :)

Seven
29-02-04, 00:29
. . . also you don't HAVE to get poked you CHOOSE to get poked to have those stats there is nothing stopping anyone from using weapons/spells that can be used without imps.

True but, it's like being in a Nascar race with a Yugo, why bother...

naimex
05-03-04, 11:55
I thought the next feature was this week...

Is it really not until next week ?

Kasumi
05-03-04, 13:52
Every two week Naimex.. :)

Benjie
05-03-04, 17:49
In my opnion this is something useful!! It add atmosphre to the game and it just can make it a bit more enjoyable.. :)
I completely agree with you Kasumi.

Anybody who has seen 5th Element will know what Air Traffic looks like. It's just so.... kewl!

I hope they add appropriate sounds. Landing Beeps, Engine sounds, stuff like that. A voice near the laning bay would be cool too.

Benjie
06-03-04, 19:20
I take it that this taxi service means that you have to buy BDoY expansion and can't just continue without it. In my opinion, thats a good thing. Tight gits who won't part with minimal cash to play something they enjoy should take a look at themselves.