PDA

View Full Version : Neocron & ATI

Ferabukoo
26-02-04, 17:40
Anybody know how to fix the bug when you alt tab, and the screen goes black?

Glok
26-02-04, 17:44
That doesn't happen to me with my ATI, but, my gamma gets all fucked up, and not only do I have to restart Neo, I have to reboot first. Needless to say, I don't alt-tab. o_O

Q`alooaith
26-02-04, 17:45
Update to newest cat driver's?

I don't get this bug, maybe you should try alt tabbing back to neocron.. I find it reset's the gamma setting's when I alt tab out so that might be your problem..

Psyco Groupie
Glok to reset gamma just goto display prop > adv > colour tab and click ok and your back to normal

never had black screen problem

Dribble Joy
Originally posted by Glok
That doesn't happen to me with my ATI, but, my gamma gets all fucked up, and not only do I have to restart Neo, I have to reboot first. Needless to say, I don't alt-tab. o_O

I used to get that, but now I run in windowed mode, alt-tabbing is not a problem then.

Glok
26-02-04, 17:47
I tried that, Psyco... didn't work. tbh, I have updated to cats 4.2, but haven't tried alt-tabbing again. Maybe it's fixed. I still have no need to alt-tab anyways, it's quite rare that I actually need to.

edit: Actually, I never noticed that 'color' tab before. I'll try that next time, thanks. :)

edit2: Reading over my post, it makes very little sense, like I have 3 brains or something. o_O

Ferabukoo
26-02-04, 18:10
yeah my friends 9200 just reset gamma.. and all he had to do was adjust ingame.. ane he was fine

i used to ahve this prob on a 9100..

and i think im runing the latest drivers

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 18:13
What card are you on NOW ?

catalyst 4.2 are the latest, check display settings

Glok
26-02-04, 18:13
The cats are at 4.2 now, and they've only been out a month, I think? If you haven't updated this last month, you are probably running 4.1s or 3.9s.

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 18:14
I have a 9800 and I get some pretty funky gfx bugs if I alt tab and am pretty much gauranteed a crash shortly after, only thing you can do is not alt tab or play windowed.

MistaiX
26-02-04, 18:19
When i ALT-TAB gamma gets fucked up too, as wells as the visualisation of shelter/defelector or buffs sometimes.

I usually fix the gamma issues

-ingame: Press F11 and change the gamma settings a bit and press ok. Ingame gamma should be OK now.

-outgame: Go to the display properties and press on the tab named (ATI) colour in the extended options. Then the windows gamma settings are, at least on my computer, reapplied and windows looks fine again.

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:23
Seen this before....

It was down to the updates from microsoft for the service pack...
..did u install this?

Maybe try uninstalling all the patches, then a few at a time so u can roll back easy...worked for me fine.

icarium
26-02-04, 18:53
my gamma goes wonky if i alt -tab and usually the gamma in windows goes uber bright. as psycho said, advanced display properties, just adjust in there and apply and it resets itself

Ferabukoo
26-02-04, 19:14
I just got a 9800 pro , and i have the latest drivers

Celt
26-02-04, 19:28
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
I have a 9800 and I get some pretty funky gfx bugs if I alt tab and am pretty much gauranteed a crash shortly after, only thing you can do is not alt tab or play windowed.
exact same as you :(

Ferabukoo
26-02-04, 23:59
anybody know a fix>?

Lifewaster
27-02-04, 00:32
what version windows do u got?

I have an ATI also, and regularly get lockups/FREs that turn into ddhelp errors requiring reboot before the game can run again.

This is with win 98.

I also get the gamma bug with alt-tab but can fix that with f11 setting when it happens.

Invertigo
27-02-04, 00:34
i just play in window mode, since i alt tab all the time i couldnt stand my gamma being all messed up, or the crazy graphics that would happen...

window mode seems to fix it for me, i can alt tab all i want and nothing happens, plus the buff icons stay there when i alt tab too

Scanner Darkly
27-02-04, 02:02
not read the whole thread, but I have the same gamma problem > to solve it just press f11 and apply settings. Everything should be back to normal

Hope that helped ..

SD

Ferabukoo
27-02-04, 05:56
cant figure it out.. only thing i can think of .. is that its my motherboard. because my friend who has same setup except abit mobo instead of my msi.. his just loses darkness..

jernau
27-02-04, 06:14
ATI drivers still suck monkey. I was messing about with a pile of their new cards recently to see if their claims of non-suckiness were true or not. They weren't.

.Cyl0n
27-02-04, 11:19
you guys tried the omega drivers ?

.cy