PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else looking forward to Hacknet??

Zeekal
26-02-04, 13:37
Hacknet sounds amazin .... im gonna love it up with my hacker spy :)

also does anyone know weather we will be able to access genereps which you could not normally access by repping to?? IE outposts which are shut.

spies and monks (mainly PPu's) will be able to get to ops without being twated by the OP holders on the way. While the infantry get to the op on foot or vehicle the hackers can get to the op via hacknet. Providing the hackers have a high hack level they should be able to survive the journey through hacknet (Your weapon depending on the characters hacklevel.

lets have a dsiscussion.... they are fun .... sometimes...

Benjie
26-02-04, 13:39
No. No I am not looking forward to hacknet. In fact, I am dreading the day it gets implamented. o_O

On a completely different topic, Who is looking forward to the day when Neocron has a constant 60fps and never FRE's?

*edit* sorry for being so sarcastic. I'm in one of those moods. *

MortuusLupus
26-02-04, 13:40
I must say, all these things they're touting for Neocron 2 have caused a but of a stirr in my loins. It's definately in my entertainment top 5 list.

Neocron 2, not my loins. That wouldn't be fair to the other contestants

numb
26-02-04, 13:40
Originally posted by Benjie
On a completely different topic, Who is looking forward to the day when Neocron has a constant 60fps and never FRE's?

NO WAY. I HOPE THEY DONT IMPLEMENT THAT CHANGE!!!

Benjie
26-02-04, 13:41
Originally posted by MortuusLupus
I must say, all these things they're touting for Neocron 2 have caused a but of a stirr in my loins. It's definately in my entertainment top 5 list.

Neocron 2, not my loins. That wouldn't be fair to the other contestants
MORTUUS!!

Oh My God! I havn't seen you post on the forums for ages!

Rade
26-02-04, 13:42
Ive been waiting for hacknet since the first time I heard about
neocron. Every morning that I wake up and realise its still not
implemented I stab myself in the eye with a fork.

phunqe
MORTUUS!!

Oh My God! I havn't seen you post on the forums for ages!

Indeed, I've been missing that chef for a while as well :p

I believe Mortuus has the record in changing avatars as well if I recall correctly :)

SigmaDraconis
im still treating DoY as more of an IF than a WHEN...so no comment.

Mattimeo
26-02-04, 13:43
I just hope you can level good in hacknet, or the requirements aren't extreem (like that will happen with specialization happy KK).

I'm looking forward to hacknet, just to see if it's what it could be. of course, when I imagine hacknet, I'm thinking shadowrun type things. I really think it'll be cool if they have "programs" that are your weapons, that need like INT, hack and maybe WPW to use. something like that would be pretty sweet.

I just hope that hacknet isn't only useful for OP wars, as I would never have a need to use it.

MortuusLupus
26-02-04, 13:45
Yeah, it's been quite some time. I've been busy with other things, Stargate, Tribes, Girls, a brief stint in FFXI, and a little bit of school too :)

I've been watching the BDoY news, though, and the game sounds like it's gonna be fun. I'm very tempted to come back to Neocron (aah, my first love!) but I'm not sure I could fit it into my college budget. Damn you, body, for needing to eat!

numb
26-02-04, 13:48
I havent read about hacknet for a while + I cant access the proper neocron site from work due to some proxy, erm, issues.

I would like to see it possible to lower the defences (ie turrets) in an op temporarily with a high level hacker working in hacknet. Dont know if that was included.

Rade
26-02-04, 13:49
Originally posted by numb
I would like to see it possible to lower the defences (ie turrets) in an op temporarily with a high level hacker working in hacknet. Dont know if that was included.

Hawr, take over turrets from inside hacknet and control them
manually :D

Benjie
26-02-04, 13:50
Originally posted by Rade
Hawr, take over turrets from inside hacknet and control them
manually :D
You should post that in the Brainport Rade/numb . I think it's a great idea.

Vampire222
26-02-04, 13:56
Originally posted by Rade
Ive been waiting for hacknet since the first time I heard about
neocron. Every morning that I wake up and realise its still not
implemented I stab myself in the eye with a fork.

have t3h mercy on the poor fork! clean him after plz, or ill go to the commission for fork rights

anyway, ill be the person whos inside hacknet the most on my freakin server O_o

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 13:57
I'm looking forward to hacknet so that my monk can lom to hacking and search cyberspace in a never ending quest to find Rade. At which point his sheer hatred of monks and my sheer hatred of...well every class at this point lol........ will collide and we will end up dueling in a super huge city where multiple Rades and Shadow Dancers are in the street looking at us as we fly through-out the heavens of the matrix and fight each other DragonBallZ style.

Rade
26-02-04, 13:58
You should post that in the Brainport Rade/numb . I think it's a great idea.

Already posted it like 10 months ago in a batch of ideas what
hacknet should be used for, maybe ill dig it up and rewrite it
sometime. I just dont get the feeling that KK is taking stuff on the
forums up for consideration. Some very well thought out ideas
which also are extremely easy to implement on reactors part
have been completely ignored. Ive PMed the people at KK on
which handle those things just asking for a comment but they
have never PMed back or said anything in the threads so I dont
bother anymore.

**edit: breathe SD, breathe :D

Omnituens
26-02-04, 14:06
Spies will rule that dimension.

When Hacknet is here, i wont care about monk nerfs anymore, because my spy will uber.

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 17:32
I'm really looking forward to hacknet. I'm hoping more information will come out about it soon. Once that is out, i probably won't be doing anything else.

Strych9
26-02-04, 17:38
So does anyone have any speculation on the amount of hack needed for hacknet?

Are we talking 100? 130? 160?

The highest hack humanly possible is 248, and thats with Spy 3 buff on a Spy with 100% Int into Hack, SF, SA, Hack 3, Hack 2, and Adv Nerves 3. Of course thats damn near impossible to get to unless you LOM to it, which isnt preferred, or you are a pistol spy with zero WL, which is possible, but painful to level.

Aziraphale
26-02-04, 17:39
The thing I'm not looking forward to is everyone jumping on the hack bandwagon and making a Hack-Spy =/

Marx
26-02-04, 17:41
Originally posted by Aziraphale
The thing I'm not looking forward to is everyone jumping on the hack bandwagon and making a Hack-Spy =/

Yeah, because we all know it'll happen.

:(

Jest
26-02-04, 17:43
Im definitely looking forward to it. My only hacker is a PPU so I hope he isnt as good as spies though. That would be a major blow. Personally Im looking forward to a lot of spies, maybe all the people who made Dev tanks will reroll to spies. :rolleyes:

Actually Im more looking forward to th sneak peak today. Yay for peaks!

J. Folsom
26-02-04, 18:15
Originally posted by Marx
Yeah, because we all know it'll happen.

:( Bah. I beat them all to it!

At least I was part of the bandwagon of hacking spies which happened when the first BDOY sneakpeak thingamabob was released, my bandwagon is thus far cooler than theirs. :p

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 18:28
Originally posted by Strych9
So does anyone have any speculation on the amount of hack needed for hacknet?

Are we talking 100? 130? 160?

The highest hack humanly possible is 248, and thats with Spy 3 buff on a Spy with 100% Int into Hack, SF, SA, Hack 3, Hack 2, and Adv Nerves 3. Of course thats damn near impossible to get to unless you LOM to it, which isnt preferred, or you are a pistol spy with zero WL, which is possible, but painful to level.

Remember having Remote Control also helps hacking....There will be a lot of hacking droners out there.

BTW...i was a hacking droner before i heard about all of this, so i'm not a bandwagon jumper.

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:36
Originally posted by jj dynomite
Remember having Remote Control also helps hacking....There will be a lot of hacking droners out there.

BTW...i was a hacking droner before i heard about all of this, so i'm not a bandwagon jumper. Well it "helps" hacking, but if hacking has a min number to get involved, it wont help with that.

If you need 140 hack to hack a genrep, having 130 and high RCL wont get you in. Follow me?

Des
26-02-04, 19:04
Hacknet sounds great and considering the genre that we are playing in and the "mood" that kk is trying to project, it's way overdue. They should have thought of this long before DoY.

But with Hacknet my opinion is that they need to have some kind of blast doors, energy field door or something available to clans with an OP. I mean seriously if I built an OP in some remote area teeming with mutant-robot-laser...things I sure as hell would put a damned door on the place!

Make it so the folks trying to take an OP don't just GR in with a bazillion PPU monks and tanks, walk right on in to an OP, stand at the basement door and blast whatever comes thorugh.
The time for that sort of thing will come but first we have to hack down the defenses and then how long can we keep those defenses down? Nme hackers are online trying to keep you out and if you do get in they are trying to restore the defenses.

Also make Hackers with the clan that own the OP can jack-in to Hacknet and fight the hackers trying to take the OP or whatever they are after. Let them fight in cyberspace much like monks would fight. Give them different "spells" for lack of a better term. On the other hand have available a TRACE program that while one hacker is fighting the oppposing hacker another one can run a trace and see where the hack is originating. If you can find out where the hack is coming from then you can send a team of folks over there and pop one in the back of the nme hacker's head :)

Hacking an OP should be as difficult as the layers that player's set on it. What I mean is that when my clan takes an OP we have our hacker(s) set up the cyber defense whilst the others are setting up the physical defenses like turrets and "doors" and such.
So hackers would have at their disposal what would amount to cyber turrets. traps, etc. etc. Your OP is only as secure as the talent you have in your clan. Think of the $$ an elite-type free agent hacker could make! I'd like to see a situation where any, and I do mean ANY information that is in this game is available to hackers with the talent to take it. Clan money, Clan apt passwords etc.

I feel that this way you have more reliance on more character types and it would make the hacker alot more fun and intense to play.

Just my long-winded opinion.

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 20:26
Good point Des. Here's a thread i made a while back relating specifically to that idea.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87168

cRazy2003
26-02-04, 20:31
im not bothered about hacknet, i think once it comes most spies will change to hacking, so combat spies ecspecially will become rare, so im staying as i is, i'll be a collectable :p

g0rt
26-02-04, 20:32
Im looking forward to hacknet solely because I believe its finally gonna make Uplink OP's worth owning. Especially the ones where WB's dont even spawn :p

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 20:36
Monks are technicallyas capable as ruling in HackNet as Spies.

Remote Control *may* help, but not THAT much. I mean, geez, you'd have to have your entire DEX in remote control to make any noticeable difference... its 90% hack and 10% remote control, see..

And I needn't worry about lomming, because I been a hacker for essentially as long as I been playing Neocron.

When it comes... you WILL see me there... and you will feel fear.

NS_CHROME54
26-02-04, 20:42
my uber hacking PE will rule the dimension of hacknet.

*me goes into hacknet, comes out thru omnituens generep while he's in hacknet, and ganks him with ray of god*

owned

Rade
26-02-04, 21:13
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Monks are technicallyas capable as ruling in HackNet as Spies.

Remote Control *may* help, but not THAT much. I mean, geez, you'd have to have your entire DEX in remote control to make any noticeable difference... its 90% hack and 10% remote control, see..

And I needn't worry about lomming, because I been a hacker for essentially as long as I been playing Neocron.

When it comes... you WILL see me there... and you will feel fear.

KK stated that you would need dex as well as int.

Heavyporker
26-02-04, 21:24
I don't recall that 0_o

Rade
26-02-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I don't recall that 0_o

To fight all these security measures, the player will have special weapons at his disposal. These will have requirements specific to the Hacknet, and can only be used inside the network. Instead of raising the character's classical combat skills, their usage will train abilities in intelligence and dexterity.

Since hacknet will give int and dex the special weapons will
probably need int and dex. Now I coulda sworn that I saw thanny
or someone talking about it somewhere but I cant find it now.

Des
26-02-04, 23:39
Ah JJ sweet. Sorry didn't know about that post :(

Well then what he said!

Endar
27-02-04, 00:16
Yes im looking forward for the hacknet. Atlast i can really RP a hacker, getting missions from my appartment and jumping into cybernet and hacking some security and earning cash and buying stuff and argh the tradeskill leveling need to be fixed anyway im gonna go to sleep...