PDA

View Full Version : New Faction/Non-Faction

Prodigious
26-02-04, 13:23
CRIMINALS

i mentioned this in the BD to DOy thread but it soo deserves its own thread.

Since to become non-faction from what i remeber you have to kill members of your own faction/allies in order to lose sympathy, so:

Since this is very bad, killing allies, make it turn you into a criminal.

Then the jailhouse might become useful, and we could start criminal gangs up.

I justw want the jailhouse to be used because it is such a cool place and a change from the norm, it needs to be populated.

As for the jailhouse guards, make it os they attack all "non-criminals" ie anyone who is in a faction.

This also gives the chance for people to be Hostile to everyone, or you could make it so they are neutral to everyone so they can pick their own enemies. Only problem with this would be soul light issues.

Anyway enough blabbering, time to vote.

Archeus
26-02-04, 13:29
Or have it that you have to get to -50 SL then you can join the criminal faction.

Prodigious
26-02-04, 13:53
Originally posted by Archeus
Or have it that you have to get to -50 SL then you can join the criminal faction.

i like that idea, plus, it wont involve major ganking of n00b's in aggie sewers to get that much SL cos u will just get owned by the copbots when ya come out and lose some pretty good stuff.

Archeus
26-02-04, 15:04
However if you join the criminal faction there should be a serious pain to try and leave it.

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 15:08
Originally posted by Archeus

Sounds vaguely like one of the prerequisates you need to get into anarchy breed on venus.

Strych9
26-02-04, 15:19
Make it so Criminals are red to everyone.

They lose whatever starter apt they had and replace it with a 'cell' in the jailhouse.

They are hostile to every faction, so all faction guards either KOS them or warn then attack them (depending on the guard locations, as it is now).

Criminals should NOT be able to just genrep into Plaza 2 and beg for pokes.

There must be a tradeoff here. To avoid combat in Neocron comes with penalties. To avoid RP combat in Neocron by just being able to kill everyone without regard to faction should have penalties too.

Edit: maybe have it so criminals cannot form a clan. Since the purpose of the clan is to support a faction, and they dont have a faction, the clan structure wouldnt exist. Plus there is no honor among theives. :)

Prodigious
26-02-04, 17:16
There is honor among thieves actually, thieves guild on Morrowing anyone? :p well kinda honorouble lol

the dishonorable criminals in Neocron is the BD to be honest, this is just a way to actually make you feel like a criminal and it forces you to actually be one to join the "faction". As BD the supposed rougher mafia, anyone can flippin join if you sit around killin TG all day, i mean ffs, the biggest non-pvp'r in the world can join and sit on his ass in plaza 2 all day, makes no difference.

With this comes PvP, gettin 50SL is harder than it looks, cos lets face it the easiest way to do it is to kill n00b's but you will get known, and people will actaully run and think "oh shit!"

now when you see a BD or TS or whatever as a CA its normally, well ill wait to see what s/he does before i attack/run from him/her.

You have to be bad to join, thats what i want from it, thats why i think its a good idea, and personally i think clans should be an option.

As for rejoining a Faction or a city, you need to get +50 SL to lose criminal status, and then pay the 300K to a faction you have symps good for, which may not be many since everyone would have been hostile before.