PDA

View Full Version : PE - Rifle question -

YoDa-UK
26-02-04, 11:38
Ok im wondering about specing hacking into my rifle PE, im looking to use a PE and a Sniper commando rifle, nothing to high, been messing about with the skill char setup progy and its a shame it doesn't include a system where you can see if you cap rof/aim/dmg when specing points, but oh well

Anyway for a Pain easer and Commando, i can get to about 164 WEP without hacking, but if i drop that and spec 95 base hacking, which will leave me with 140 WEP, is that enough to cap aiming?

I also figure something around 151 rifle combat, is this enough to cap dmg and rof on a pain easer and commando?

Or is going for hacking just to much for a rifle PE?

.Cyl0n
26-02-04, 11:46
i think 140 wl is ok but you need alot more rc... i think more like 170 or something :)

but i`m not 100 % sure... :p

.cy

Xylaz
26-02-04, 12:00
well, actually it's quite easy, u don't need to cap aiming on rifles cause with the clipping range issue it doesn't matter really.

U can easily spec 90-100 hack (base) which should be sufficient for everything except ops maybe and still have around 120-130 weapon lore which is quite fine (and 35 psi use of course).
Although u will need around 169-171 in r-c to compensate it (to cap dmg on PE, so commando should be little lower). But that shouldn't be a problem unless u wanna go vhc/repair/or sumthing other little tradeskill (which again is still pretty viable with SA, for example)

az

QuantumDelta
26-02-04, 12:01
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
Ok im wondering about specing hacking into my rifle PE, im looking to use a PE and a Sniper commando rifle, nothing to high, been messing about with the skill char setup progy and its a shame it doesn't include a system where you can see if you cap rof/aim/dmg when specing points, but oh well

Anyway for a Pain easer and Commando, i can get to about 164 WEP without hacking, but if i drop that and spec 95 base hacking, which will leave me with 140 WEP, is that enough to cap aiming?

I also figure something around 151 rifle combat, is this enough to cap dmg and rof on a pain easer and commando?

Or is going for hacking just to much for a rifle PE? I'd go for 170 RC with the PE personally, as for WEP I don't think a 14 point difference is much of a sacrifice when you consider you just allowed yourself to hack ops.
I found it best, generally to "get a feel" for the character with points distribution balance is everything in a PE setup, find a point of weapon proficiency you're comfortable with using as well as a speed and resistance level you're comfortable with...

Some people prefer massive amounts of RC because they love high RoF on PE/etc, some prefer massive runspeed.
That's why I rarely give out solid numbers when people ask these questions, no matter how experienced they are :p

Barak
26-02-04, 12:19
imo hacking with a PE gimps you afair bit i went for all INT into WEP with about 175 RC buffed (+enuff TC for stealth and about 84 agl)

the hacking is nice but if you intend to pvp alot id say full out weplore
but eh thats just my humble opinion

Fez
26-02-04, 12:45
comando is TC isnt it ? if ur going fully Pe i recemend not using a move on and instead using a wep distance 3 ull be able to cap damge and around i think 151-159 rof and still op hack 75 ish agility

Siygess
26-02-04, 12:46
I'm not sure on the exact figures but I too have 150-ish RC and even with my Pain Easer (120% on DMG, less on RoF) I only achieve 135-140% DMG on it.. so you aren't likely to be capping it anytime soon. Of course, you should be able to make up for that in terms of flexibility.

Heh, who am I kidding? :D

YoDa-UK
26-02-04, 16:07
well i never realised how high i needed R-C tbh, i was looking at a setup with about 150 in that, guess that will change now, im not going to go hacking now so all out wep lore for it, and does all that extra WEP allow me to lower R-C a bit?

Yeah T-C is needed but im not going to spec for stealth, tbh i think its pointless with a 10 sec stealth, ive got 25 in VHC to use a hovertech which is fine with me, so only need 74 in T-C for the commando.

Back to the drawing board.

YoDa-UK
26-02-04, 16:12
Quick question, is 176 WEP and 160 R-C enough to cap a PE on dmg/aiming/ROF ?

Its been ages since i had a rifle PE, almost a year now, anyone remember El Wolf on pluto :)

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 16:15
My PE caps dmg on the PE at about 170 R-C and about 130 WEP, but I don't care for range and RoF ;)

Glok
26-02-04, 16:15
Not on RoF. In fact, I don't think I have heard of a PE capping RoF on an easer.

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 16:18
btw, what r the other values for capped RoF, aiming etc. ???

Only percentage I know : 178% == dmg cap ...

Glok
26-02-04, 16:20
I forget. I think pain easer RoF cap is 170. With 150 RC you would get maybe 120 RoF, and I think to cap RoF you need ~175 RC.

deac
26-02-04, 16:22
hmm my pe have 90 base hack 60ish psu(too high) and rest in wep (120ish?).... didnt matter much since i used a laserpointer moded rog. 175 rc i think

Possessed
26-02-04, 18:35
Originally posted by Glok
Not on RoF. In fact, I don't think I have heard of a PE capping RoF on an easer.

I capped it once... with fortress bonus and RC3...

It takes a stupidly high amount of RC to cap rof (190-ish to cap it), and imo it should be slightly easier oO

extract
27-02-04, 06:22
Originally posted by Possessed
I capped it once... with fortress bonus and RC3...

It takes a stupidly high amount of RC to cap rof (190-ish to cap it), and imo it should be slightly easier oO

I dont think so, I mean dmg is one thing, bu the ability to ******** people with a weapon that does awesome damage at an unreal rate should be something not so easily attained....I have an all artifact PE on a mid lvl rifle spy who currently has 171 WPL and 175 RC and Im getting 145/min on it and it seems damn fast to me, even when I am getting crappy FPS......a 170/min PE on good FPS is hella fast.....plus remember PEs are "supposedly" JOAT. makes sense they should never cap ROF on a rare, I dont think they should even be able to cap dmg on them. but thats a whole other thread.....

FatDogg
27-02-04, 11:10
I once had a pe stealther/asshole with capped sh.... he was kinda like a buff spy...

g0rt
27-02-04, 11:11

Personally i wouldn't recommend hacking on a rifle PE, but thats just me. My rifle PE has 30 base psiuse and all the rest into WEP, and hes uber. Speccing hacking would make him the suckage. Hacking is for pistol PE's or spies :p

deac
27-02-04, 11:42
Right now I think all pes are usless and not up to spec with the other classes....

A pe with no hack or poke is a waste :\

bad dmg, dies fast, short stealth, ie the suckage

guess they are still good as solo hunt chars.... needles to say my pe is taking a rest. GO TANkZ=Rs and droners!! the bandwagon ride is a sweet one :)

Kopaka
27-02-04, 14:55

151 rc isnt enough to cap RoF..

and hacking is too much for a rifle PE i think.
PSU should be good for you.. around 70/75 base and rest in weaponlore. should give u better s/d and u can still cap aiming.

Tycho C
27-02-04, 15:50
67 INT and 112 WL gives me 252% aiming

aiming cap is 267%

98 DEX and 189 RC gives me 164 RoF

RoF cap on PE is 170

I poke TL 115 with my imp glove and spy 1

Fez
27-02-04, 16:06
alot of PE use : Destrosol forte PSU+12 WEP+12 INT+5 PSI+5

so they can cast heat1/haz3/blessed defelctor/BR3
this adds 12 WEP which can make all the differnce in the world :P

Doc Holliday
27-02-04, 18:31
cant rememeber exact attributes but u need about 185 rifle to FULLY cap a pe ( freq is arti assumption ) damage. somwheres around 130 ish i think caps wep lore. i need to lom a little and let it cap using rifle one. gort u got waay too much wep lore if your dumping everythin bar 35 in psu in there. lom that back for more psu. run cast anyone?? :D

i dont proffess to own the most lethal pe in the world but set up wise i have spent alot of time doing the maths on paper to see what can be improved. thats why i love the pe so much. easy to compete with difficult to master. i have a new one on pluto now for some serious experimentation on a final build for a tech rifle pe. im purely low tech atm.

Tycho C
27-02-04, 22:49
It would take 194 - 195 RC to cap the RoF on a PE. Thus capping it " fully."

StryfeX
27-02-04, 23:21
It all depends on your DEX. On a capped Spy, it takes about 190 R-C with like 115 DEX to fully cap
RoF on an 'Easer, and on a PE it takes more, somewhere around 197 *if* you have about 95-97 DEX.

Currently, my PE has 149 WEP, 180 R-C, and 97 DEX self-buffed, and I'm 1% off capping aiming
on my Pain Easer, get max damage, and have 153/min RoF. (My Pain Easer isn't uber in stats, but
it gets the job done.)

Just to piss certain people off (here's lookin' at you, Vet. :p), I'll post my PE setup when I get home.
The setup I have is pretty damage resistant, moves fast, and does pretty good damage. Might
not work from you, but you can use it as a template to do what you want it to.

--Stryfe

I just remembered that I have a pic of it somewhere online already... ... ... ... Ah, here it is:
http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/nc_stuff/setups/StryfePE_realistic_selfbuffed.jpg
This is a "realistic" setup, so it doesn't have things like an MC5 CPU and a Filter Heart 2.
Self-buffed, un-drugged.

Alternatively if you weren't concerned about poison damage (I don't know why you wouldn't
be, but hey...) you could take all the points out of POR and distribute them among the other
3 resists.

Possessed
27-02-04, 23:26
Erm, those resists aren't actually that good oO; and tbh how it is atm it is almost impossibly to resists against dev, and there is no difference in damage taken with 50 and 70-80 poison ( atleast not noteworthy damage).

StryfeX
27-02-04, 23:29
Originally posted by Possessed
Erm, those resists aren't actually that good oO; and tbh how it is atm it is almost impossibly to resists against dev, and there is no difference in damage taken with 50 and 70-80 poison ( atleast not noteworthy damage). Whatever. They keep me alive and that's all I really care about. Besides, it's not like I'm claiming to be the Be All, End All master of resists. With the shelter on I actually take less damage than my tank (with way better stock resists) from most weapons.

--Stryfe

fatwreck
27-02-04, 23:33
i capped my paineaser on my rifler pretty easliy (170rof) i was pure lowtech, but even when i was T-C rifle i could get about 163 i think rof and still use a rog... forgot my setup though.

StryfeX
27-02-04, 23:50
Originally posted by fatwreck
i capped my paineaser on my rifler pretty easliy (170rof) i was pure lowtech, but even when i was T-C rifle i could get about 163 i think rof and still use a rog... forgot my setup though. From my experience with PEs, you can have two of three things with rifles... high speed, tech-rifles/capped RoF lowtech, or high resists.

--Stryfe