PDA

View Full Version : Stupid XP resetting bug

ZoneVortex
26-02-04, 08:48
well last night i spent a few hours caving on my ppu...almost got an int level, was about 200k away from it

also logged off almost to 90 whatever psi, somewhere up there, remembering i needed about 1.5 mil to level it

however, i log on today, and all the xp gained in all 5 of my skills has reset itself to the minimum of whatever level it was on

i.e. my str xp was no longer capped over capped, it was all the way down to the minimum amount of xp needed for the last level it was on

if you follow...dunno it's hard to describe more than that

not like you lose a level, but it loses all xp gained in that level

a friend PPU said it had happened to him before

not really fun to lose 4 million int xp and 5 million psi xp after that long of leveling, y'know?

anyone else ever gotten this bug?

deac
26-02-04, 08:56
I think tredia from ff lost like 9 mills int xp after a crash coming out of chaos caves... great fun.

QuantumDelta
26-02-04, 09:50
Yup ZV it's happened to one of my PEs (no real biggie .......but the exp wont go back up o_O) and my HC Tank (...which is mildly annoying, 174mil down to 154(I think?) ¬.¬

Opar
26-02-04, 09:58
Yeah, happens a lot.

Wellard
26-02-04, 12:28
Same happened recently on my apu,

luckily it happened to me in dex, that was annoying enough, but to lose all that in psi..........

grrrr :confused:

deac
26-02-04, 14:19
Originally posted by Wellard
luckily it happened to me in dex, that was annoying enough, but to lose all that in psi..........

or even worse monk int :\

Sleawer
26-02-04, 14:52
It happened me twice in all skills but PSI.
The XP go back down to the last level XP point, just enought to not drop a level.

Happened me in two rollbacks.
I sent a query to helpdesk in that time, but you know the answer for the bugs that they don't recognize.

Players have ZERO trust.

/edit: I can say that fortunately my main skills were all capped (except INT) at that time on the monk; still is a pain for some INT millions lost and not being able to lom dex points if I want to not lose a level.

Strych9
26-02-04, 15:53
Originally posted by Sleawer
I sent a query to helpdesk in that time, but you know the answer for the bugs that they don't recognize.

Players have ZERO trust.
That sucks but you really cant fault KK for that. They used to trust players, and players gave them the shaft.

Maybe you can fault KK though for not having measures in place for tracking things like item possession and highest exp levels. Then they would have proof of lost items or experience without having to rely on players to be honest.

dutchusuk
26-02-04, 16:12
i lost 5 mill int. a few months ago and a lot of exp. exept in psi with other skills afhter a crash.

ZoneVortex
26-02-04, 17:56
yeah pretty shitty really...why do i even stick around

El_MUERkO
26-02-04, 18:22
It happened to my PE once when I was capping him firt, i remember logging a bug report, I'd been hunting for hours to get the exp and I was freaked.

Ferabukoo
27-02-04, 06:01
why doesnt somone kk look into this bug? and maybe fix it..

OH HELL NO..

THERE WILL BE NO WORK ON NEOCRON

Marx
27-02-04, 06:05
Originally posted by Ferabukoo
why doesnt somone kk look into this bug? and maybe fix it..

Prolonged siesta.