PDA

View Full Version : Useless rare parts

SypH
26-02-04, 03:04
Does anyone else hate getting the usless rare parts that you know you will never be able to trade away? I mean who will want a Crahn Antibuff when the Holy Antibuff is so much better. Laser blade ultmas are next to useless. Wyatt Earps are useless for anything but PvM, and I'm sure people have their own personal "I hate these f***ing parts!!" rare parts they always seem to get. I've decided to just start throwing the bloody things away now. If I havent traded it within a week and I think it's useless I'm just gonna put the damed parts I hate in a random box, bin or bag. Hell I sold a 3 slot Electric Tempest for a Warbot cola,a Milky Ren and a Coco candy.

Any rare parts that you hate and seem to always get without fail?

Yes it's another "KK clean up the fuggin rare pool!!!" thread, but I'm bored and tried to disguise it:p

Psychoninja
26-02-04, 03:08
:o
Well I was thinking about the rare pool the other day when I was IDing some techs and it smacked me in the face 8| Rare pool doesn't need to be cleaned up. It's fine the way it is. I figured, just like there are skill point sinks in the game (ex. T-C, MST, etc..) there are "tech part sinks". If we cleaned up the rare pool, alot of the rares wouldn't be so rare.

Just my opinion.

SypH
26-02-04, 03:12
True, but at the same time, if the weaker and more useless rares we either gained through a run, or bought in stores (albiet at a high price....slot enhancers, I'm looking at you [except the illegal slot enhancer]) you have less clutter in the drop pool, and could reduce the drop rate a bit and still make rare items rare.

Psychoninja
26-02-04, 03:18
I'd rather keep it the way it is instead of cleaning the drop pool and lowering drop rate. Lowering the drop rate isn't really a good idea. Alot of capped players don't really want to run out and only average 2 tech parts an hour. There's nothing to gain. Rares shouldn't be sold in store either, just defeats the pupose of calling it a rare if it can be distributed in unlimited amounts through a NPC.

Marx
26-02-04, 03:20
Hypothetically with the weapon TL revamp, rares won't be such a necessity as they are now.

I'm kind of up in the air about this. Part of me wants more complete usable rares - but the other part of me is saying "We won't really need them soon".

Zeekal
26-02-04, 13:28
Vein ripper parts/tempest parts... they should get rid of the tempest cos we have the thunderbolt which is way better :) but a lot of the melee rares are annoyin. DG is amazing. i puts BoC to shame.

btw on another note about rare parts .... i seem to be a special forces CPU dealer .... ive got 5 atm ..... all my lowtechs are SF parts .... ive almost completed my 6th. (tradered one at 120%/120% for a psi core at 34%/98% :D:D:D)

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 17:28
Keep it the way it is.

Just because you don't use one rare weapon doesn't meen it isn't used.

The rare pool is fine

zii
26-02-04, 17:49
Execpt Drones. There is no point in having these in rge rare pool since they are blue printable, so whats the point?

Strych9
26-02-04, 17:56
Point is a BPd rare punisher comes in at 79% on all stats. Thats a ways off from the possible 120% you get from building one from tech parts.

So who decides which rares are worthless? Whats the criteria?

And I agree that I would rather have a high drop rate and "useless" rares than a low drop rate with fewer rares.

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 17:59
Originally posted by zii
Execpt Drones. There is no point in having these in rge rare pool since they are blue printable, so whats the point?
Concerning drones in the rare pool:

How about removing the possibility to make BPs of rare drones and instead you get 10 (or whatever number you fell lucky with) drones constructed out of one full set of rare parts.

This way it might make much more sense for those parts to be in the rare pool PLUS they will really be RARE drones.

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:13
Originally posted by Gulinborsti
Concerning drones in the rare pool:

How about removing the possibility to make BPs of rare drones and instead you get 10 (or whatever number you fell lucky with) drones constructed out of one full set of rare parts.

This way it might make much more sense for those parts to be in the rare pool PLUS they will really be RARE drones. Nah I dont think that would work well.

A rare non-drone weapon lasts a LOT LOT longer than even 10 drones would. Sure, if you used each drone to fullest capacity, repaired it, used it again, etc. and never lost a dron til it was at 0/0 quality... then that would be fine.

But as it is now, you can lose any drone, even a rare one, in a blink of an eye, esp. when dealing with PvP. If you get sloppy, you can lose 10 drones in an afternoon of mobbing. If you get sloppy with a rare weap in slot 1, you will never lose it.

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 18:17
stop turning every single thread into 'omfg drones are bp'able' thread

drones are destroyable and takes AGES to make

Drop rate is fine

Drones are fine

The pool isnt too large

dejavu ? :rolleyes:

as for useless rares, theres no such thing, laser blade ulti will become more useful on the tl 115 dg and slot hancers are useful for psi spells