PDA

View Full Version : LE level restriction needs to be raised.

Lanigav
26-02-04, 00:50
Why was it made so low KK? I can understand doing it for someone who's rank 50 and above since that's when you become viable for PvP, but my tank had to take hers out to do epic kill, and now I can't put it back in, and I'm just skill 35. I don't want to take part in PvP on this character, at least until I'm another 30 ranks higher, but now I'm a running target.

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 00:54
Well, sadly you took the chip out to engage in PvP. That was your choice. If you didn't want to kill someone at that level, you should have cancelled the mission, levelled, then came back later.

TheEnemy
26-02-04, 00:57
You are viable for PvP at any level... against other people of the same level. However it's easy to level so most people don't bother with PvP until they are closer to the cap.

VetteroX
26-02-04, 01:07
i just made a melee tank (yeah, usually against it but i have 1 char slot left and im gonna jump on the bandwagon... nothing else to do with the slot) and im alt tabbing to pull the le at 0/2.... Im sure I'll be pked very little. LE is a cowards tool and the more restrictions kk puts on it, the better.

Kal
26-02-04, 01:11
agree with vet tbh

if you took it out you can keep it out.

cant have the best of both worlds

Glok
26-02-04, 01:11
LOL Vet. Your motto should be; "YOU ARE A COWARD!" (referring to your opponents, not you.) :lol:

You throw that term around so much it is starting to lose any meaning, just like carebear has lost any meaning.

Dade Murphey
26-02-04, 01:12
Ah damn...and you were doing so good on your other post where you actually THOUGHT before you spoke...damn vet, I was starting to have some faith in you...thanks for opening your mouth and reminding me why I can't stand you...Once again, I must reiterate...not everyone enjoys playing xactly like you vet...you are not, thankfully, the symbol of every player in this game...some people dont' want to fight until capped or very close and others don't want to fight people at all...it's all about choice man...you have more than enough people to kill

StryfeX
26-02-04, 01:14
In truth, I wouldn't mind seeing the LE use restriction upped to xx/40 or xx/45, but I think it works where it is now.

Originally posted by VetteroX
i just made a melee tank (yeah, usually against it but i have 1 char slot left and im gonna jump on the bandwagon... nothing else to do with the slot) and im alt tabbing to pull the le at 0/2.... Im sure I'll be pked very little. LE is a cowards tool and the more restrictions kk puts on it, the better. You know, you should post your character's name, just so you can feel all that excitement when some dude in power armor caps your ass at xx/10. :rolleyes:

--Stryfe

Dade Murphey
26-02-04, 01:16
It'd be amusing, honestly, to see the turn out if vet posted his noob's names...haha...then again he'd probably just log over to one of his others or get Nish to cover his ass

Oh oh...to stay on topic, sorry bout that...I think they should either raise the lvl higher before you can't put the LE back in or take it away...the arguement about "everyone's viable against their own lvl" is true, in that sense...but totally bunk...you don't find many people out to pk their own lvl...they PvP against their own lvl in Op wars and that's about it...other than that you get people out PKing low lvls "looking for a fair fight"...but they the fuck are they at bunker or other noob lvling areas...go where the big boys are if you want a real fight

edit2: does the LE now go off xx/yy or xx/yy

sw1tch
26-02-04, 01:17
well, you could remove all your imps, and lom, lom, and lom some more till that rank goes down :)

...fun :(

Kasumi
26-02-04, 01:19
I would like to see the LE restriction put to a high enough point LE users are able to do the Epic runs, giving LE users the "cold shoulder" as always is no fun! :(

Glok
26-02-04, 01:21
I'm sorry, but I agree with the 'hardcore' types on that one Kasumi. LE users have no business doing epic runs.

Drake6k
26-02-04, 01:22
get 100% impairment ;)

Kasumi
26-02-04, 01:22
Originally posted by Glok
I'm sorry, but I agree with the 'hardcore' types on that one Kasumi. LE users have no business doing epic runs.

Why? Why are LE users left out of epic runs? These are for Roleplay reasons.. not just PvP reasons..Maybe we have no right to do the PvP stuff but that is Reakktors fault for not putting in a seperate option for LE users... :) So we have to deal with what we got and we cant do that :(

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 01:24
Keeping in an LE means you are unwilling to participate fully in the game so you shouldnt have full access to all parts of the game.

StryfeX
26-02-04, 01:25
I'm sorry, but I agree with the 'hardcore' types on that one Kasumi. LE users have no business doing epic runs. If KK ever implemented LE clans like they were supposed to, then LE users *should* have business doing epic runs. Hell, they have business doing them now, if for nothing other than "content" which this game has little enough of as it is. Why do people want to kill that off for LE users, too?

Edit:

Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Keeping in an LE means you are unwilling to participate fully in the game so you shouldnt have full access to all parts of the game. *cough* bullshit *cough* :rolleyes:

--Stryfe

Kasumi
26-02-04, 01:28
Keeping in an LE means you are unwilling to participate fully in the game so you shouldnt have full access to all parts of the game.

I would say 70% or more of the game is closed off to LE users, LE users always get the cold shoulder from Reakktor.. :)

Dade Murphey
26-02-04, 01:29

that's such bull shit...seriously...KK should realize that not everyone came to this game for the PvP aspect of it...and to totally ignore them is assinine...I could give a shit less about the PvP aspect...but I do have my LE out...but more for the reason of because I need the brain slot

Certain, not all, factions should have LE friendly runs...Like CA for xample...seems like they would be more than willing to reward loyal, law abiding citizens...next, pp, bt, dre I don't see why they would care if your LE was in or not for run (next I know doesn't)...certain city based factions should have epics for those with LE's in as well as those with LE's out...atleast then LE'd runners wouldn't be bending it over and taking it like a pro constantly

Edit: oh btw...aren't the epics more story based...more RP based...why the fuck would it matter then for RP purposes if you were LE'd or not...

Invertigo
26-02-04, 01:30
ahemcoughouchahem put it in with 99 SI couchcoucghahhaehamedmam

Glok
26-02-04, 01:32
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
...certain city based factions should have epics for those with LE's in as well as those with LE's out...atleast then LE'd runners wouldn't be bending it over and taking it like a pro constantlyI agree with that entirely. There should be separate epics for LE users. However, the rewards should have no use in PvP.

Marx
26-02-04, 01:32
Originally posted by Invertigo
ahemcoughouchahem put it in with 99 SI couchcoucghahhaehamedmam

truth.

Should be drugs which allow it.

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 01:36
The game wasnt designed or intended to have an LE at all, it was only put into the game as a last minute thing to cater to a larger audience and KK seem to be gradually phasing it out.

Taking out your LE is a sacrifise you have to make to do epics , if you dont want to take it out dont do the epics.

Kasumi
26-02-04, 01:37
The game wasnt designed or intended to have an LE at all, it was only put into the game as a last minute thing to cater to a larger audience and KK seem to be gradually phasing it out.

Taking out your LE is a sacrifise you have to make to do epics , if you dont want to take it out dont do the epics.

Wasnt the LE in beta 4??? I dont remember correctly so how was that "last minute"??? Epics are for "story" stuff not just for PVP!!! So why are we forced to learn the story of our faction at the cost of being "forced" into PvP?

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 01:38
it was only put into the game as a last minute thing to cater to a larger audience and KK seem to be gradually phasing it out.

Hmm where do you get your informations? That is simply not true.

:edit: Kasumi, the LE was already in when i started in beta2...

StryfeX
26-02-04, 01:38
I agree with that entirely. There should be separate epics for LE users. However, the rewards should have no use in PvP. Rewards should be the same, but the run should be like 3 times harder/longer. The SpeedGat for one, is a *really* good mobbing weapon, as are the TT epic lasers. All of the epic rewards have both PvP and PvM implications.

Edit:

Taking out your LE is a sacrifise you have to make to do epics , if you dont want to take it out dont do the epics. I say again: *cough* bullshit *cough*

Go read the FAQ, nibbler.

--Stryfe

Kasumi
26-02-04, 01:39
Originally posted by StryfeX
Rewards should be the same, but the run should be like 3 times harder/longer. The SpeedGat for one, is a *really* good mobbing weapon, as are the TT epic lasers. All of the epic rewards have both PvP and PvM implications.

--Stryfe

I would agree with this very much! :P I would like a much longer/harder epic run! ^.^

Dade Murphey
26-02-04, 01:39
I gotta ask this...Why do some people hate the LE so much...does it in any way affect the way you can play the game...does it in any way cause you not to be able to do something that would otherwise bring much enjoyment from the game...does it in anyway affect you if someone has the LE in?

the only thing I can see that it doesn't allow you to do is kill someone...that's all...and if killing one more person in game, on more person who is usually far below your lvl, will make you're nite...then there's something kinda sad about you

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 01:41
Btw, what makes Epic's pure PvP content?

If i cant harm u by having an epic item (because i have an LE in) what are you crying about?

I cant understand why ppl haress LE players.
I've never seen a LE player asking for anything, that a non LE ant use...
If you cant deal with us, just leave us alone.
Go your own way, but posting this will give you just flames ...

SypH
26-02-04, 01:44
I'm, for the most part, an LE user and I agree that LE runners should NOT be allowed to do epic runs. Epic runs are jobs done for your factions interests, and with the exception of one epic, requires you to kill at least one runner. Granted most people just pay someone to stand there and die, but in my opinion it was meant to introduce players to PvP action. Allowing someone to shove in their LE straight after doing that defeats the whole object of the epic.

Mattimeo
26-02-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Kasumi
Wasnt the LE in beta 4??? I dont remember correctly so how was that "last minute"??? Epics are for "story" stuff not just for PVP!!! So why are we forced to learn the story of our faction at the cost of being "forced" into PvP?

Actually it was in when I came into the game (early beta3) but it was almost impossible to level with it in after the AR level because the restrictions seemed to be exponenial... I never got very high in those days. (Daily "PP blockades" were more than a little annoying, and since LE was completely unviable, and your entire belt dropped, I believe I was one of the first quickbaggers, but it was still just no fun for me).

The LE was not added "at the last minute". but the no clans for LEs were (they told us they were going to be in, right up untill clans were in).

if I can't help my faction with my LE in, then make us factionless (neutral to everyone). I'd rather you picked on after I got into the game anyway(and this might help n00b ganking too).

Personally I don't care anymore, if they penalize the LE too much, I'll just not play the game anymore. obviously my money isn't wanted.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 02:13
Epic runs are jobs done for your factions interests, and with the exception of one epic, requires you to kill at least one runner. Granted most people just pay someone to stand there and die, but in my opinion it was meant to introduce players to PvP action. Allowing someone to shove in their LE straight after doing that defeats the whole object of the epic.

If you follow the most epics, there is some bigger thing then the killing why you are needed to to the job. Most times the PK gets is only a way to proove your loyality, not your maintask.

And tbh, i can proove my loyality by other things then killing the enemy. (edit: I.e. by strictly following all of the rules my faction leader wants me to. I'm proud to proove my trust in Reza with wearing my LE)

But you are right. If the epics were only about helping your faction because you kill other faction's members, id NEVER do that epic.

IceStorm
26-02-04, 02:25
LE's been in since I started playing (August 2001, Beta 2. My CD's silkscreened. Is yours?).

it was almost impossible to level with it in after the AR level because the restrictions seemed to be exponenial...
Restrictions were't exponential, they were 25%. I got up to the level 2 Fusion rifle in retail before restrictions were dropped, I believe. Restrictions were only on weapons (and the hack tool), not armor, regular tools, or implants.

Without the drop in restrictions, I wouldn't be able to use any rare rifle other than the Pain Easer with the 116 DEX I have. I'm glad the restrictions were dropped as it made leveling easier for the few of us who use it consistently.

Mattimeo
26-02-04, 02:29
Originally posted by IceStorm
LE's been in since I started playing (August 2001, Beta 2. My CD's silkscreened. Is yours?).

Restrictions were't exponential, they were 25%. I got up to the level 2 Fusion rifle in retail before restrictions were dropped, I believe. Restrictions were only on weapons (and the hack tool), not armor, regular tools, or implants.

Without the drop in restrictions, I wouldn't be able to use any rare rifle other than the Pain Easer with the 116 DEX I have. I'm glad the restrictions were dropped as it made leveling easier for the few of us who use it consistently.

I stopped playing when open beta started, so I have no idea after b3. I know what the restrictions were on, and I said they seemed exponential, when the Dex level difference for LE vs non on a weapon was 15, it was a little out of hand. my example was designed to serve as 1) it was not added last minute and 2) it was not really viable.

I too am glad the restrictions were dropped, thats the reason I finally bought the game.

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 03:17
I think the LE level restriction is fine. But their should be an alternate choice in epics when it comes time to kill another runner.

Psychoninja
26-02-04, 03:21
Well, imo you should be able to put in your LE at any level. The way I would like to see it is, You have to go to the NCPD HQ to put in your LE again for a certain amount of credits after it's out. 300k sounds fair to me :o

StryfeX
26-02-04, 03:53
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Well, imo you should be able to put in your LE at any level. The way I would like to see it is, You have to go to the NCPD HQ to put in your LE again for a certain amount of credits after it's out. 300k sounds fair to me :o I like the cashsink idea, Psycho, but I think 500k would do it better. Plus it would disallow anti-CA people from doing it, which is a good idea too.

--Stryfe

Kasumi
26-02-04, 03:54
Originally posted by Psychoninja
Well, imo you should be able to put in your LE at any level. The way I would like to see it is, You have to go to the NCPD HQ to put in your LE again for a certain amount of credits after it's out. 300k sounds fair to me :o

This is a good option in my opinion! ^.^

IceStorm
26-02-04, 04:04
Oh, forgot to mention why I think it's xx/30. 30 is when you hit the "midpoint" in your skill level. xx/30 means you've managed to pound out 150 mainstat points, 1/2 of the 300 mainstat points we currently cap at.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I think it should be something closer to whatever the mainstat count is for 1/2 of the XP required to cap all mainstats. Does anyone know if the PE has to generate as many XP points total as the other three classes? I've never capped one, nor do I remember the XP numbers for their lower stat caps. For a two 100-mainstat-cap character, the lesser mainstats are insignficant - 314 million XP compared to 500k is nothing. They aren't even a blip on the radar in terms of leveling effort.

VetteroX
26-02-04, 04:08
what do u mean my style of play? I dont intend to kill people untill i can use a good weapon, I only take it out because im suppost to be killable.... im not gonna level a mb bunker like most morons... theres plenty of out of the way places. My blood thirstyness actually screwed me a bit on my spy because when I was biotech level, I just couldnt resist killing tangents, so no pp epic now, and chran/tg Gonna be hard going tg like I wanted. (red = dead.... honestly couldnt resist)

Its just stupid to use the LE cause it takes a brain slot, and your not suppost to be an immortal coward, you are suppost to be killable... its a dangerous world, not a safe carebear land for people to beat up on mobs with no ai and then chat.

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 04:10
How are LE users immortal? They can still die, just not to other players.

Lifewaster
26-02-04, 04:30
LE sucks, not only should they not be implantable after rank 30, but they should also fall out automatically at rank 30....

IceStorm
26-02-04, 04:34
Its just stupid to use the LE cause it takes a brain slot, and your not suppost to be an immortal coward, you are suppost to be killable...
Not all of us believe we should be forced to use four characters when one or two will do. At my current tradeskill levels, I'm quite easily killable by the mobs I farm for rareparts, let alone runners who come gunning for me. I'm capped. That's it. No more combat-heavy points to spend since they're all spent. Without my LE I'd be dying on a regular basis to other runners. No thanks.

what do u mean my style of play?
I think you answered your own question with:

My blood thirstyness

Duder
26-02-04, 05:05
I think the LE takes away the little atmosphere this game has.

Why do we stop at LE players unable to create clans?

They already been granted equal use of weapon & vehicle reqs, equal amount of leveling exp and money from monsters, and complete immunity from violent interaction with other retarded players, why stop there?

I think OPs should be able to be shared by LE clans, so it will make Tradeskilling safer and less risky when, say, constructing items in the wild wastelands.

I say give LE players the whole deal. Why should LE players not be able to isolate themselves from the un-LEd masses on the same server?

DonnyJepp
26-02-04, 05:28
How about this one: removal or insertion of an LE costs you a per-incident fee of 10-20% of your experience points (all mainskills) per insertion/removal. Make it hit like 50 loms of experience loss in all mainskills to take it out or put it in.

This would drastically reduce the number of people regularily changing between PvP and non-PvP. If someone is a psi 99 monk they're going to think real hard about giving up 25 million psi experience to put their LE back in.

I don't like the idea of just charging a large fee because cash is piss-easy to come by these days.

Quoting Adara from an ancient thread where a number of intelligent beta vets spelled out why no-reinsert of the LE was a bad idea http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42692&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
Removal of the ability to re-implant the LE is probably gonna be the second biggest mistake KK could ever make (the first being xp loss on LoMs) - you WILL lose players, and probably a lot of them over time. No one should have to give up hours of playtime and investment in their character because they can't choose to take the LE out one day and choose to put it back in on another. If there's an underlying exploit, fix that instead.

The first half of that prediction came true, they put in xp-loss for lomming and it cost them a good chunk of the playerbase. It's funny to read that thread because 13 mos. ago we were in the same exact place we are today, they've added a few new items and tweaked with some of the rules but the game is still as malfunctional (is that a word?) and dysfunctional as it was the day I signed up.

Kasumi
26-02-04, 06:24
Originally posted by Duder
I think the LE takes away the little atmosphere this game has.

Why do we stop at LE players unable to create clans?

They already been granted equal use of weapon & vehicle reqs, equal amount of leveling exp and money from monsters, and complete immunity from violent interaction with other retarded players, why stop there?

I think OPs should be able to be shared by LE clans, so it will make Tradeskilling safer and less risky when, say, constructing items in the wild wastelands.

I say give LE players the whole deal. Why should LE players not be able to isolate themselves from the un-LEd masses on the same server?

How does it take away from the atmosphere?? I know that even with the current LONG TERM LE users they couldnt come close to the current population on the least populated server.. and they are all divided between 5 servers.. but we take away from th atmosphrere? YOu sound like VetteroX :(

Scikar
26-02-04, 07:11
How does it take away from the atmosphere?? I know that even with the current LONG TERM LE users they couldnt come close to the current population on the least populated server.. and they are all divided between 5 servers.. but we take away from th atmosphrere? YOu sound like VetteroX :(

*sigh*

Because with your LE in, you don't have to worry about getting killed unless you specifically do something risky. There's a war on out there between DoY and NC. TG are fighting the City Mercs. Tangent are raiding Tech Haven and CityAdmin are cracking down on Black Dragon thugs. In the middle of all this stands a lone LE'd runner, building guns. :rolleyes:

Lanigav
26-02-04, 07:12
Something that people need to remember is that just because a runner has their LE in, it doesn't mean all the other characters that person has theirs in as well. I have 7 Non-LE'd characters, and I just wanted to have a pure PvM character for a change where I didn't have to worry about getting my ass janked, especially with the increased amount of pk'ing that's been going on recently.

I don't think that LE'd users should be prevented from doing Epics, because that's a lot of rare in-game content to lose. The point of the epics is to help your faction and learn a bit of the storyline, not become a pk'ing psycho nutjob.

It was just fine as it was before, and I think it was silly for KK to change it.

Lifewaster
26-02-04, 07:21
Originally posted by Lanigav
e point of the epics is to help your faction and learn a bit of the storyline, not become a pk'ing psycho nutjob.

Far as I can see, the point of epics is either to be able to start a clan, to obtain a decent tank gun that will not drop in your belt (even if your red), or to obtain one or both of two brain chips that can hugely assist your resists and con setup for PVP.

Really, theres no mobs in the game that require PPR or Moveon to fight , so why do LE's need them ?

I suspect like the majority of LE's , they aint gonna remain LE, they just wanna use the LE to help them get levels or items for use in PvP later...

If anything the LE penalty should be increased, if you still wear it at higher levels.

Biznatchy
26-02-04, 07:24

Back in the day the LE guys had it even worse. Anyone recall when all the guns had two stats LE and NonLE.

They made it easier to run around with LE around what 8 months ago. Now they are screwing the LE guys over becuase of the neg SL abuse. It was just to hard for the KK coders to figure out how to just make it that you couldnt put the le in with neg SL so they were able to make the Level restriction. It was an excuse to take a 180 turn on having the le useable in the game.

IceStorm
26-02-04, 09:26
Back in the day the LE guys had it even worse. Anyone recall when all the guns had two stats LE and NonLE.
That would be the restriction/25% penality we've mentioned in the thread. The number in ( ) was 125% of the number not in ( ) on the item usage requirements.

It was just to hard for the KK coders to figure out how to just make it that you couldnt put the le in with neg SL so they were able to make the Level restriction
The xx/30 limit was on the Test server before the restrictions were dropped on the LE. The limit just never made it to retail. They've finally caught up on fixing the bug that stopped them from implementing the xx/30 limit on retail...

QuantumDelta
26-02-04, 09:39
Some of the people who are talking about the LE in regards to RP (I mean no LE for RP) oppinions close to Scikar shoudl probably check out FoM.

The difference between that place and here is the LE doesn't exist, BUT.
There are very strict penalties for PKing stupidly/mindlessly --- you can do it, it's possible to get away with it, just FRIGGIN HARD.

Since Permadeath is on the cards, you have to actually be very serious, to be a PKer there.
Unlike here where PKers are, for the most part, low level in terms of PvP Skills ¬.¬ and Almost, never any level in terms of RP Skills.

but then the maturity and position of most PKers is the reason I have a lot of sympathy with the "LE RPer" -- even if you'd never catch me with a close-to-capped, LEd character.

Then again in my eyes, there's a massive and obvious difference between a PvPer and a PKer.

Parappa
26-02-04, 10:20
The LE is a bad idea in my book making people basically play two diffrent games. BUT it was KK's mistake and they will have to live with the bitching that has/will come about it.

Epics should have a choice of either A) kill a player, like it's now OR B) kill 30 Doom Harbringers or something ridicilous like that. LE'd people like to hunt, well hunt then.

PS. Here's my unLE'd UNcombat tradeskillerchar's, who works from PP and Outzone, motto: "Sorry, can't offer you service you tool of Reeza"

Archeus
26-02-04, 10:27
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
The difference between that place and here is the LE doesn't exist, BUT.
There are very strict penalties for PKing stupidly/mindlessly --- you can do it, it's possible to get away with it, just FRIGGIN HARD.

They had that in UO. It didn't work. People just abused the system so they could kill without having to worry about a penalty.

Actually think Koster mentions something more about this...
http://www.legendmud.org/raph/gaming/index.html

Worth reading.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 11:11
Because with your LE in, you don't have to worry about getting killed unless you specifically do something risky. There's a war on out there between DoY and NC. TG are fighting the City Mercs. Tangent are raiding Tech Haven and CityAdmin are cracking down on Black Dragon thugs. In the middle of all this stands a lone LE'd runner, building guns.

If its only players raiding, then true. But for the war and its event, a LE player gets killed in the same matter as an non LE'd. If i try to go up to the DoY entrance, the guards are trying to kill me the same way as a non LE'd in my fraction.

Therefor ill add some last word on this.

- I play as an LE, cuz i dont kill other players. And letting me kill with no fighting back is no solution. I tried this. But all responce you get is "OMFG, he must be stupid, come we gank him whenever we catch him." So you cant make a pacifist char with LE out. Tho it must been skill to kill me. Standing still :p

- If you need to play Domination and KoS, there are other Games better. Just name one side NC and the other DoY and there you go. I bet Quake makes a good MMORPG.

- Me votes for adding a pure non-PvP world.

Original monk
26-02-04, 11:21
youre noobiemelleetank will be safe vetterox, cause you are one of the only lamers that come PK people while they are leveling up in the caves and have low health ... and wearing poisonbelts and all ...

cause nobody else is such a coward on saturn i think it will go pretty ok with youre nibmelleetank ...

for example myself: if i know the name of youre nibmelleetank and i see it running around at about level 30/25 with somesort of facescratcher claw and wacking small animals to dead ... and i yust happen to drop by with a 75/67 apumonkey then i will yust smile once and yust continue whatever i was doin ... even if you where red, orange, blue, green or i dunno what for colour ...

only cause of the fact that it is a bit euh ... childish better call it petetic ... to do otherwise ..

with other words i think not alot of people would like to lower thereselve to youre level and go killing nibs who are leveling up like that ... yust cause of the fact that ya dont gain anything with it ... its not even fun killing nibs ... rather boring ... certainly if ya play a bit longer allready .. not even to talk about taking a ppu with you to protect you from these newbies mhuahahaha.

but i guess that the fact that i dont like killing leveling noobies, or even killing any newbies makes me a carebear ... i yust dont see the competition, the fun, the pleasure ... in killing a lowlevel player that can only stand there doing nothing and die if ya fart on em ...

well i have no problem living with being a carebear then :)

and for lanigav: i think its a pitty also that because of the abuse of LE's (hilevels that go kill everyone and as soon as they have low sl poppin in an LE ...) all those stats have been lowerd to so low ...

and i know the system is a bit contradiction: you have 1 time to remove youre le once above lvl30 (so also lvl35 ..) and if you wonna do an epickill you are forced to remove em ...

so actually if ya wonna keep being an le'ed player you cant finish youre epic where ya worked hard for allready ...

i wish there was somekind of solution for that but untill know i dont think there is a method for doing so ...

yust one thing to remember: removing an le is a sign of you wanting to particpate in combat, or you joining a clan ... so think carefull before removing, even its for an epickill ..

it sucks imo but, thats yust the way it is ... things will never be the same, never be the saame, thats yust the way it is, owyeaheh

laterz all

Zeekal
26-02-04, 13:31
a running target

thats it ... your a running target ... being a tank its not like your gonna get hit if you run fast enough ..... tanks are hard anyway .... the reason they made the LE level so low is because when you get to rank /30 you are no longer a n00b .... you know the game .... you know when not to shoot ya mouth off ... and finally ......................................................................

you know when to quit whinging about the LE

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 14:17
Ahrg man, get the

Le = NooB help

thought away. Its more

Le = PvP Switch.

Thats all. I've now seen long time no noob using the LE as an help. They all through it away. Only the ones identifying themself with the LE use it.

Strych9
26-02-04, 16:36
/30 is hardly "not a noob". I got my new PPU monk up to /30 by running research missions and teaming with an APU in storage for about 15 minutes. Took maybe 2 hours total (was a lot of research missions).

Granted, a true noob wouldnt know about the research missions for NEXT being so easy, or how to run out to Storage. But a true noob with the help of a vet certainly could. And that DOESNT mean that the true noob is suddenly ready for combat.

My PPU is 15/30 right now. I certainly couldnt hold up in any serious form of PvP, and I dare say that no player on the server could take my PPU barterer (100% of Int into barter, so no psi use, thus the low combat rank) and stay alive in PvP, especially when a lot of people on the server define PvP as "capped player attacking whatever moves."

Now maybe when I am 30/ I will be capable of staying alive a bit longer... but 15/30 is hardly ready for combat.

Maybe you could say that I am smart enough to avoid combat.. and perhaps that is the case, but you cant tell me, a PPU, to go run off and use some lesser well known levelling spot, as I can only level with teams anyway. So my best, if not only, choice is the popular levelling spots.

And there are plenty of noobs that use the LE as help. I have been working with one on Saturn, guy named Ashen. He is a true noob, and I have been helping him every chance I see him in game. He is the noob APU that my PPU teamed with in Storage.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 17:19
I might have expressed myself a bit unclear. I wanted to say thet it is not ONLY a newbe help. The newbe helpness come only as a sideeffect of the LE, since a real noob can addapt to the game step by step without careing about PKs at first.

And i have the feeling that some ppl around here cant imagine that it is really our way of life to wear the LE. I dont want to be accused everywhere i go with my LE. It does have nothing to do with anything else you make in Neocron.

"Look that nib. He cant stand a death."
"If your LE'd at /60 you are an exploiter!"
"Damn LE's you suck!"

So i say this again. The LE is a simple PvP switch. If you turned to PvP good, you took your choice. If i turned to PvM only i took mine. why cant you guys accept this?

And yet does that not mean that i can only kill Mobs, i still interact social with other players. Why should i be not allowed to do a favor for my faction? And dont come with social? nothing social that is post appocalyptic here, social went down the drain.... lol.... Its been hundrets of years after the apocalyse guys. We are still no rats...

Do i need to log out if there is an event going on? just because i have the moral to not kill other players?

I've said this before and i'll say it again. LE'd players dont cut out anything from the non-LE'd. So please have a bit of respect to do the same. Every other action is harassment of a minority. Thanks

zii
26-02-04, 18:06
I would like to see the LE restriction put to a high enough point LE users are able to do the Epic runs, giving LE users the "cold shoulder" as always is no fun! :(

Yuou can do epic runs with an LE!!! Just dont take it out in the first place. If you do then thats your fault.

If this were a poll, I would vote to either:

i) return the LE restirctions to when LE had REQ increases. I.E CS REQ: STR 105 (110), where the 110 = the LE skill increase.

ii) remove the LE completly.

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:07
Originally posted by zii
Yuou can do epic runs with an LE!!! Just dont take it out in the first place. If you do then thats your fault.

If this were a poll, I would vote to either:

i) return the LE restirctions to when LE has TL increases. I.E CS REQ: STR 105 (110), where the 110 = the LE skill increase.

ii) remove the LE completly. Actually, all epic runs require you to kill another runner except for the NEXT mission. And you cant kill another runner with the LE in.

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 18:12
I wish KK hadn't ever introduced the LE ... :rolleyes:

zii
26-02-04, 18:18
Oh yes. I'd forgotten that. Oh well, such a shame. Maybe the LE has outlived its usefulness, then?

StryfeX
26-02-04, 18:51
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Far as I can see, the point of epics is either to be able to start a clan, to obtain a decent tank gun that will not drop in your belt (even if your red), or to obtain one or both of two brain chips that can hugely assist your resists and con setup for PVP.

Really, theres no mobs in the game that require PPR or Moveon to fight , so why do LE's need them ? Let me tell you right now, that my PE in his PvP setup is probably one of the best mob hunters I have played. All I have to do is take out one chip and replace it with an LE (if I was still capable, obviously) and he would be a hell of a pure PvM specialist. So please, take that statement and go flush it down the toilet, 'cause it's crap.

--Stryfe

Strych9
26-02-04, 19:41
Originally posted by zii
Oh yes. I'd forgotten that. Oh well, such a shame. Maybe the LE has outlived its usefulness, then? Hehe. As if its hard to acquire epic items... o_O

Guess thats why I have two runners to finish an epic, and like 10 epic items. Hehe.

Mighty Max
26-02-04, 19:41
Really, theres no mobs in the game that require PPR or Moveon to fight , so why do LE's need them ?

You dont NEED them in PvP too ... so why not remove those chips completely.

Guys tell me infact what i have done to you that you want to prevent me to play this game? Your requests are nothing more.

Strych9
26-02-04, 19:49
Originally posted by Mighty Max
You dont NEED them in PvP too ... so why not remove those chips completely.
Yeah thats pretty funny. As if you 'need' the epic chips to PvP or something. LOL