PDA

View Full Version : Remove drone parts from the tech pool!

MisterP
26-02-04, 00:21
Simply remove them from the tech pool so they dont drop anymore, and parts that are needed are dropped...

Doesnt really matter how KK give runners the opportunity to get the high lvl 'rarer' drones becuase they are BPable...maybe drop the whole drone?

Yes/No?

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 00:23
Second time this poll has been set up today so try avoid doing it its annoying.

Conclusion is rare pool needs a general cleanup not specifically just drones.

Mattimeo
26-02-04, 00:24
as long as there's a way for me to still get the original without having to find someone with a BP, I wouldn;t mind seeing the rare pool cleaned up.

MisterP
26-02-04, 00:26
Sry didnt see the first poll :rolleyes:

Maybe get the BPs via a mission or something? Aslong as it works easy enough....and is reliable :cool:

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 00:27
No. If anything the game need more "uber" rares, and the rare pool needs more "polluting". I miss my old games where when you got a rare weapon, it was rare. As in, on a server of around 100k people, you were the only person who had it. Don't go QUITE that excessive, but still... I reckon there needs to be some rare weapons, with great attributes, that are rock hard to get.

MisterP
26-02-04, 00:31
What bout something on the lvl of MC5 weapons? like MC5 chips....a lot harder to get than normal techs, but not impossible like you described?

Mattimeo
26-02-04, 00:36
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
No. If anything the game need more "uber" rares, and the rare pool needs more "polluting". I miss my old games where when you got a rare weapon, it was rare. As in, on a server of around 100k people, you were the only person who had it. Don't go QUITE that excessive, but still... I reckon there needs to be some rare weapons, with great attributes, that are rock hard to get.

I'd like this, but I'd like there to be variety in this. unfortunatly Neocron is very small (in terms of game world size) and not really varied (in monsters OR weapons) and both need to be fixed before you can add stuff that few would people have.

I mean with the PvP focus, if only one person had the uber gun of killing everyone, and there was nothing near its power (where variety kicks in) then well, everyone would just get pissed off and quit.

I'd like to see lots of runs like how the terminator was planned, but they need a lot more dungeon type areas, and maybe a few dozen weapons you can get as a result of the run.

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 00:45
Originally posted by Mattimeo
I'd like this, but I'd like there to be variety in this. unfortunatly Neocron is very small (in terms of game world size) and not really varied (in monsters OR weapons) and both need to be fixed before you can add stuff that few would people have.

I mean with the PvP focus, if only one person had the uber gun of killing everyone, and there was nothing near its power (where variety kicks in) then well, everyone would just get pissed off and quit.

I'd like to see lots of runs like how the terminator was planned, but they need a lot more dungeon type areas, and maybe a few dozen weapons you can get as a result of the run.

I made a huge .txt file of easily implementable weapons. Rare stuff, really sought after, a huge status symbol... but not overpowered. Things like a TL113 sword with extreme low values (that of a Stiletto) and fuck-off extreme high values. Completely changes the gameplay, playing with it would be like playing roulette. A Colt-style pistol which gives a +20 bonus to Agility, has the same power as a Blacksun, and has PSI-style aiming (only requiring a LoS). Rare armour, for example a rare STR 120 chestplate which obliterates 200 AGL and ATH, but adds +100 to all armour resists.

Genuinely unique, fun weapons that everyone has an equal chance to obtain, either through random roleplay encounters or slaughtering a rare mob which has it as a low drop rate. That's what the game needs. Not versions of the same gun just dealing slightly more damage as they go up the chain.

Shit. I babbled. But that's for another thread which I'll never make.

greploco
26-02-04, 00:47
rare drone parts almost never drop

it's built into the drop table I bet

so, no - dropping rare drone parts probably wouldn't make much difference

on the other hand -- I swear I get electric tempest or thunderbolt parts every damn time I go out -- please remove those

MisterP
26-02-04, 16:02
Yea defo....limit the melee drops aswell :rolleyes: - System needs to be sensible.

Cubico
26-02-04, 16:43
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
I made a huge .txt file of easily implementable weapons.

Hi, is this file available somewhere? I would like to read it, you have good ideas :)

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 16:46
The Droprate is fine

The pool isnt too large

Rare Drones are fine

dejavu ? :rolleyes:

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 17:26
The pool is fine.

Rare drones don't need to be removed.

It should be hard to get any rare. It doesn't matter if it is a great weapon. It's a rare weapon.

I actually believe it is too easy to get any rare part. It should be something we really have to work for. Not something that comes easily.

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 18:13
To lazy to type again (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1249286#post1249286)

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:19
WTF u guys on?

How is a rare drone rare, when its BPable? :eek:

wakey wakey?:angel:

Edit: Read your other post Gulinborsti, I do agree and maybe sets of 20...But stop them being BPable, another sensible idea ;)

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:24
Originally posted by MisterP
WTF u guys on?

How is a rare drone rare, when its BPable? :eek:

wakey wakey?:angel:

Edit: Read your other post Gulinborsti, I do agree and maybe sets of 20...But stop them being BPable, another sensible idea ;) Have you ever compared the build quality of a BPd rare drone vs a tech part rare drone?

Its basically store bought in terms of quality.

Would you be happy using a Judge or CS that was store bought quality?

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:26
What? No...

Thats why I like Gulinborsti idea...least he developed his :eek:

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 18:29
Originally posted by Strych9
Have you ever compared the build quality of a BPd rare drone vs a tech part rare drone?

Its basically store bought in terms of quality.

Would you be happy using a Judge or CS that was store bought quality?
No problem, make all sets of drones built from one set of rares equal quality, max or depending on the constructor.
Use your imagination ... ;)

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:30
Exactly...all KK need to do is implement this wonderful idea...n solve a lot of disappointed tanks/monks/PEs on the server :D

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:31
What? No...

Thats why I like Gulinborsti idea...least he developed his :eek: His idea sounds like it came from a non-droner, not a droner.

As I said in one of the other 10 places he posted his idea, a drone gets destroyed or dropped and lost, quite often.

A CS you build, put in slot 1, and then you never lose it until you wear it down to near 0/0.

A drone you can lose due to a launch bug, lose to it getting blown up, lose due to where you drop it, or lose due to someone picking it up.

There is a reason people make huge batches of drones, rare or not. Its not because they like cabs full of drones... its because they need and use them.

So the rare drones are MUCH better than their constructed counterparts, and having a rare give you a total of 10 drones is quite poor for a droner.

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:33
So Strych, u'd still like to seem them dropable in the tech pool, even though they are BPable? :confused: :confused:

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:33
Originally posted by Gulinborsti
No problem, make all sets of drones built from one set of rares equal quality, max or depending on the constructor.
Use your imagination ... ;) Now you arent even making sense.

The difference in quality is why rare drones are still needed to be as they are now.

If you make them so they cannot be BPd, then its a POOR solution for the droner, to gather parts for a rare that produces 10 whopping drones that can be lost in a single afternoon of fighting.

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:34
So Strych, u'd still like to seem them dropable in the tech pool, even though they are BPable? :confused: :confused: Yes. BPable means I can use the crappy versions for levelling and whatnot, and the rare drops means I can use the constructed rares for those special occasions.

Do either of you actually drone? Have you had to make batches of TL 100+ drones yet? Have you seen how fast you can go through drones, and the bugs that affect drone loss?

MisterP
26-02-04, 18:37
Yup, I droned...got bored with it.

Thing is, whats wrong with getting BPs via a mission for these rares drones (roughly the same lvl as getting them from mobs) and then having a Cster cst em...Higher the Cster, the higher the stats...whats the problem there? You still get to do all your stuff as you are now (as a droner, researching, csting em etc) But it cleans the rare pool which is what the other 3 classes want.

Myrlin
26-02-04, 18:50
As I said in the other thread, drone parts should still be dropped. Once the 5 or 7 rare parts are combined they should yeild a stack of 10 (or 20 or 50... the number can be decided later) drones of high quality (assuming you get a decent cster to build them).

They should still be bpable, but drones constructed from bps are significantly less effective than the originals. This way droners can use the bp-built drones for hunting and the originals for Op wars.

Myrlin
26-02-04, 18:53
Thing is, whats wrong with getting BPs via a mission for these rares drones .......But it cleans the rare pool which is what the other 3 classes want.

What's wrong with getting a bp of a CS or an SH from a mission? Wouldn't it also clean the rare pool? Why should drones be treated differently than any other rare weapon in the game?

Gulinborsti
26-02-04, 18:53
Now you arent even making sense.

The difference in quality is why rare drones are still needed to be as they are now.

If you make them so they cannot be BPd, then its a POOR solution for the droner, to gather parts for a rare that produces 10 whopping drones that can be lost in a single afternoon of fighting.
I don't know if you didn't get right what I tried to express or if it's my bad english since I'm not an english native speaker. But I'll try again:

1) Droner collects rare parts
2) Droner gets full set of rare drone parts
3) Constructor builds 20 drones from this set of rare parts, all with the same quality depending on the constructors skill (or max, quality matter of discussion)
4) Droner uses this drones, some for leveling until destroyed or lost and keeps some in store for special occasions (OP fights, random PK, whatever ...)

I don't use my best 5slot CS to do cave runs (not only because I don't have a 5slotter), I only use rare weapons for levelling on seldom occasions, and only non slotters or the worst I got.

Because they are rare and I don't won't them to wear of for the sole meaning of levelling my char. Therefore I use high quality built standard weapons mostly for this case.

That's my idea behind this.

I have to admit that I have very little experience with drones and I can't tell how many will make sense and even if this idea makes any sense at all.

But don't want to be misunderstood ;)

MisterP
26-02-04, 19:02
Bottom line is....

Drone tech parts (Eg: Tech of Punisher) are worthless to the economy of the server...Its a waste of a drop! We dont want that, no one with half a brain does. o_O

Strych9
26-02-04, 19:11
Originally posted by Gulinborsti
I don't know if you didn't get right what I tried to express or if it's my bad english since I'm not an english native speaker. But I'll try again:

1) Droner collects rare parts
2) Droner gets full set of rare drone parts
3) Constructor builds 20 drones from this set of rare parts, all with the same quality depending on the constructors skill (or max, quality matter of discussion)
4) Droner uses this drones, some for leveling until destroyed or lost and keeps some in store for special occasions (OP fights, random PK, whatever ...)

I don't use my best 5slot CS to do cave runs (not only because I don't have a 5slotter), I only use rare weapons for levelling on seldom occasions, and only non slotters or the worst I got.

Because they are rare and I don't won't them to wear of for the sole meaning of levelling my char. Therefore I use high quality built standard weapons mostly for this case.

That's my idea behind this.

I have to admit that I have very little experience with drones and I can't tell how many will make sense and even if this idea makes any sense at all.

But don't want to be misunderstood ;) Fine the number is up to 20 now, but that still doesnt change anything. In terms of practical use, that 20 wont last NEARLY as long as a rare weapon would.

Its about return on investment. It takes a lot of effort to compile the parts needed for a rare, any rare. For that time invested, you get a weapon you can use for a long time.

As a near capped droner, I would MUCH rather have the current rare drop situation where I can BP the drone than have it so I get 20 drones from a rare without BP ability, even if the 20 were of a higher quality.

Besides... this idea doesnt even clean up the rare pool!!!!!!!!!!!! You would still have as many drone parts dropping.

Wasnt the idea here to remove drone rares altogether?????????

Your idea would make the rare parts more desireable, which I think is better than anything that MisterP has advocated though.

Bottom line is....

Drone tech parts (Eg: Tech of Punisher) are worthless to the economy of the server...Its a waste of a drop! We dont want that, no one with half a brain does. Why are you now insulting the intelligence of people that dont agree with you? I never said you have half a brain for thinking that mobs should drop entire whole drones.

If you expect people to take your seriously you might want to consider maintaining some level of decency in threads you start.

And your buddy in the previous posts recommends keeping all of the drone tech parts as the are now, just changing the way they work at the time of creation. Thats much better than having the drone drop whole. o_O

MisterP
26-02-04, 19:16
Strych, tried selling a tech of Punisher lately? 8|

Strych9
26-02-04, 19:38
Strych, tried selling a tech of Punisher lately? 8| I have had no trouble buying them. ;)

Is that the only tech part you have trouble selling?

Is it the cab space that is prompting you to post this thread?

Have you ever tried just assembling the punisher parts and selling them as a set to someone, or building it yourself and selling it? If you find the parts yourself the only cost would be the construction/research lube to make it. Then it takes up one cab slot and I dare say you could sell an actual rare constructed punisher to cover the price of the lube to research it and build it.

In fact if you are on Saturn I will gladly buy any punisher you build or your punisher parts.

What is the problem exactly?

Xylaz
26-02-04, 19:41
well, to be honest there is an obvious logical flaw in this.
Because Bpable rare drone is not a rare, as far as i can see no one is using rare drones anyway, everyone's using bped and constructed ones.
Besides it's not really a rare if u manage to get one drone and next days got 40 bps of it...

Therefore the idea of removing the rare drones from the rare pool is quite justified. The problem is rather what to do with such drones then?
IMO it could be pretty nice to make a run (something close to monk PA run) in order to get them. And of course, everyone would have to pay for them accordingly (if u're too lazy to do the run by yourself just pay someone to do this for you - either way it would do some good to the server's economy, really any cashsink is justified and necessary)

Anyways i think we could use more runs. They are nice and give something to do when bored. Heck i'd be for converting all those unnecesary items from the rare pool to runs...

az

Strych9
26-02-04, 19:56
Originally posted by Xylaz
well, to be honest there is an obvious logical flaw in this.
Because Bpable rare drone is not a rare, as far as i can see no one is using rare drones anyway, everyone's using bped and constructed ones.
Besides it's not really a rare if u manage to get one drone and next days got 40 bps of it... How would you know which drone someone is using?

I use every rare original drone I can get my hands on. The difference in damage between the rare punisher and the bpd punisher is pretty high.

Therefore the idea of removing the rare drones from the rare pool is quite justified. The problem is rather what to do with such drones then?
IMO it could be pretty nice to make a run (something close to monk PA run) in order to get them. And of course, everyone would have to pay for them accordingly (if u're too lazy to do the run by yourself just pay someone to do this for you - either way it would do some good to the server's economy, really any cashsink is justified and necessary)

Anyways i think we could use more runs. They are nice and give something to do when bored. Heck i'd be for converting all those unnecesary items from the rare pool to runs...

az A run for power armor is fine. You get one or two sets, and you are good to go for a while unless you lose them in your belt and the belt gets hacked.

Drones are expendable items. You can lose the drone by just trying to use it right now (bug) or it can get destoryed in a heartbeat by a mob or runner.

So in your suggestion, are the drones you buy crappy quality or up to 120% quality?

Xylaz
26-02-04, 20:20
How would you know which drone someone is using?

well, all my clan droners and all other droners i know were always using blueprintable ones, thus my presumption...

Drones are expendable items. You can lose the drone by just trying to use it right now (bug) or it can get destoryed in a heartbeat by a mob or runner.

So in your suggestion, are the drones you buy crappy quality or up to 120% quality?

yeah, that's the problem - not sure of good solution really. Maybe they could be available in two-three quality versions (each with appropriate price to pay, like PA lvls?) If u want to buy just one for bp, u buy the lowest version, or if u want the artifact quality, u have to pay accordingly for that...

az

g0rt
26-02-04, 20:38
I voted yes, but there has to be some way to get perfect/artifact drones....