PDA

View Full Version : you know what i find intersting?

masterguyver
25-02-04, 21:54
That with all the people that say the open pvp system is great on the fourm, but in the game I have seen more and more le players then nono le. Also in-game i hear people complaining about the pking, but not one person praising the pking.

So you flamers know I have played neocron on and off sence the time you could walk into a computer game store and find muti copies on the shelf, and i mean eb, babbages, and other stores like them. Now if you walk in to them they have no idea what neocron is.

If kk was not running around trying to balance pvp (which is imposible, there is no way to truly balance pvp (unless you go to only one "race" and one "class" and everyone uses only one type of weapon) BDOY would already be out, and kk would be working on the next addon.

Here is a poll that is easy to inderstand.

if they made it so that open pvp was in ops wars only, but you can still dual other players in other zones?

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 22:00
nice biased poll you have there...

KimmyG
25-02-04, 22:01
I really not sure what ur poll is asking for I aint seen to many LE users.

Take PvP out and why play this game at all? This games content is shit pvp is what makes it no pvp ill go off and play EQ or wait for WoW.

Egeon
25-02-04, 22:02
Originally posted by masterguyver
if they made it so that open pvp was in ops wars only, but you can still dual other players in other zones?
Sounds like SWG. Definitely would be very bad for NC. The Atmosphere of possible death almost anywhere is what makes NC more interesting than other games.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 22:03
Originally posted by KimmyG
I really not sure what ur poll is asking for I aint seen to many LE users.

Take PvP out and why play this game at all? This games content is shit pvp is what makes it no pvp ill go off and play EQ or wait for WoW. He doesn't wanna take pvp out.
Just the pointless nublar ganking.
ya know that kinda stuff that the people who don't have any skill use to make themselves look like they're on top.
oh......wait..............

Mumblyfish
Sigh... here you go again.

I vote for "No. Stop making polls, stop trying to make the game do a full 360, Neocron isn't for you". And I mean that sincerely.

masterguyver
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
nice biased poll you have there...

Originally posted by Rade
There should be a forum rule against biased polls.

well sence to only pvp i have watched in the past mounth were gr campers and xp hunting pking. i have to say they are cheep.

also i remember when pkers used cheep tricks to kill le players.

Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Yes, Neocron does NOT seem to be designed for the mass MMORPG market. It has it's own little, successful niche. That's what makes it great. It caters to the few people who love this kind of atmosphere, rather than being Another Fantasy RPG™.

and another pker that wants to put words in text. Wheere did i say i want to mak this a "fantast rpg"?

Marx
25-02-04, 22:04
"No. Stop making polls, stop trying to make the game do a full 360, Neocron isn't for you"

Rade
25-02-04, 22:06
There should be a forum rule against biased polls.

masterguyver
25-02-04, 22:08
Sigh... here you go again.

I vote for "No. Stop making polls, stop trying to make the game do a full 360, Neocron isn't for you". And I mean that sincerely.

Well then i take it that neocron is not for the other 99% of mmorpg player out there, or are you saying that the player on neocron make up the majority of mmorpg players?

BlackPrince
25-02-04, 22:10

I'm with Mumbly...

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 22:10
Well then i take it that neocron is not for the other 99% of mmorpg player out there, or are you saying that the player on neocron make up the majority of mmorpg players?

Yes, Neocron does NOT seem to be designed for the mass MMORPG market. It has it's own little, successful niche. That's what makes it great. It caters to the few people who love this kind of atmosphere, rather than being Another Fantasy RPG™.

Marx
25-02-04, 22:11

No game is made for the masses.

There are people who play, like it and stay.

There are people who play, don't like it and leave.

Judge
25-02-04, 22:11
Who votes for this little butmunch to stop making polls?

[X] Yes
[ ] No

EDIT: Btw I'm a misspelled Pker.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 22:13
Yes, Neocron does NOT seem to be designed for the mass MMORPG market. It has it's own little, successful niche. That's what makes it great. It caters to the few people who love this kind of atmosphere, rather than being Another Fantasy RPG™. In reference to the leet script kiddies, egomaniacs, exploiters, (and half a dozen other things I could mention that would instantly get me banned?) that this game attracts and keeps? LOL :p

cRazy2003
25-02-04, 22:14
Originally posted by Judge
Who votes for this little butmunch to stop making polls?

[X] Yes
[ ] No

EDIT: Btw I'm a misspelled Pker.

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PWND

KimmyG
25-02-04, 22:28
He doesn't wanna take pvp out.
Just the pointless nublar ganking.
ya know that kinda stuff that the people who don't have any skill use to make themselves look like they're on top.
oh......wait..............

NO just kill full out open pvp and make it so you can only pvp in op wars or duel.

You know those char guru's who spend 24/7 on test makeing a perfect setup that takes a whole 2 less dmg than most people decent setups then go about thinking there god oh............wait.................

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 22:29
Originally posted by KimmyG
NO just kill full out open pvp and make it so you can only pvp in op wars or duel.

You know those char guru's who spend 24/7 on test makeing a perfect setup that takes a whole 2 less dmg than most people decent setups then go about thinking there god oh............wait................. Actually in my nub days I want PKer hunting, but, that got boring since .... Vett's the only PKer I ever met with any skill?
Most of the rest are PvPers, which is different.

but people like styles, or people who abuse the whole monk deal ...... pffffffft.

•Super|\|ova•
25-02-04, 22:32
I'm not even sure what this whole thread is about :lol: the poll and the first post just don't seem to match at all :)

L0KI
25-02-04, 22:36
In reference to the leet script kiddies, egomaniacs, exploiters, (and half a dozen other things I could mention that would instantly get me banned?) that this game attracts and keeps? LOL :p

damn right

Dribble Joy
25-02-04, 22:38
Uranus definitly has more non les than les O_o.

KimmyG
25-02-04, 22:38
Actually in my nub days I want PKer hunting, but, that got boring since .... Vett's the only PKer I ever met with any skill?
Most of the rest are PvPers, which is different.

but people like styles, or people who abuse the whole monk deal ...... pffffffft.

Ah you could spend your timeing turning into a godly player but nobody would really care nothing tops a nice 3v1 UO gank

g0rt
25-02-04, 22:40
ganking in the back while leveling is part of the game

and its a fun part

if i get ganked in the back with 50hp while hunting mobs i cant wait to log an alt and exact my revenge

its fun

mindless standing aroudn shooting ops with NO chance of anyone attacking you is BORING

and people quit when the games boring

so you see, ganking in the back is the win

Whitestuff
25-02-04, 23:58
PvP Poll (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92107)

Myrlin
26-02-04, 00:07
Why did you link to this thread in this thread?

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 00:08
I think he's trying to get you to go THERE > http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92119.

Even so... why?

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 00:09
put in your own LE if you dont want to pvp and your lame for putting up a bullshit biased poll

Whitestuff
26-02-04, 00:10
I have no idea why that posted there...... In fact I tried to post that in a new thread. Hmmmmm.

Craziness. I pwn at posting.

Alex The Great
26-02-04, 00:13
"No. Stop making polls, stop trying to make the game do a full 360, Neocron isn't for you". And I mean that sincerely.

Glok
26-02-04, 01:08
Will the idiocy never end? :(

VetteroX
26-02-04, 01:12
masterguver, your a newbie, I remeber you starting in the summper, I pked your noob pe once while he was using a rocket pistol and a cannon... lol... your no veteran to this game by any standards. It is a game for people who enjoy pvp, if you dont, get out.

Marx
26-02-04, 01:14
Originally posted by Glok
Will the idiocy never end? :(

[Same question as above goes to Marx, can you try a month without your spam pictures please - Ulle] [better? :p - Ulle]

I didn't have a spam picture yesterday.

:p

Glok
26-02-04, 01:14
Stop fucking saying get out if you don't like PvP Vet. The day KK remove the LE and all safezones, then you can say that. Until then, STFU.

edit: WTF is that Marx? Dancing retarded ninjas?
Originally posted by Marx
[Snip Snip - Ulle]

Marx
26-02-04, 01:18
Originally posted by Glok
edit: WTF is that Marx? Dancing retarded ninjas?

Just another .gif I've come across on the magical thing known as 'the internet'.

in other words, I dunno - had it hosted and it seemed appropriate ;=

Glok
26-02-04, 01:22
lmao (i'm really laughing... for some reason that's funny as fuck.)

edit: Damnit Ulle, I liked that gif. :(

[Not like i deleted it from the webspace, i am sure Marx can PM you the link if you lost it - Ulle]

masterguyver
26-02-04, 08:07
Originally posted by VetteroX
masterguver, your a newbie, I remeber you starting in the summper, I pked your noob pe once while he was using a rocket pistol and a cannon... lol... your no veteran to this game by any standards. It is a game for people who enjoy pvp, if you dont, get out.

1. when did i say i was a veteran? the closes i said that was that i played on and off sence when you could find this game in the amreican stores.

2. so you are saying that only veterans have a right to an opion or trying to make this game better? how about this. you defind what a "vet" is and tell neocron that only they have the right to post in the forum. unlike you I respect your opion, tho you prove that the man does not deserve any respect.

Psycho Killa
26-02-04, 08:48
I think the results speak for themselves

(And its even biased to HAH)

Your thinking way to big here buddy you want to turn a full out pvp exciting game where danger is waiting for you around every corner into a "i think ill drink some tea today and hunt some aggies care to joing me martha?" game.
Its just not going to happen.

Though if your going to try to change anything START OUT SMALL your basicaly asking for them to restructure the whole god damn game.

Start out with something like
If you gank someone under 20 ranks then you, you lose soullight even if there an enemy
Though I would still be strongly against that or any other FORCED anti pvp in anyway game mechanics (I would rather see the community police itself) you would get a little more support then your 360 turn on the game.
Start an anti pk clan if you hate pkers so much. You get to kill and its all in the name of good what more could you ask for.

Also id like to add safezones are being removed and the ceo said the "carebear attitude" would be removed in doy.
So it seems we are getting more dark dangerous and murderous while you want to be civil and nice so the game is actualy going further into the direction you are attempting to steer it from you are fighting an impossible battle so...

A)Fight back against pkers yourselv start a clan hire a hitman etc etc etc stop asking kk to police the game YOU yes YOU have control over.

B)Keep your law enforcer in and just deal with being pvm only.

C)Go find another game because if you cant deal with fighting back or keeping your le in this IS NOT the game for you im sorry to say.

FatDogg
26-02-04, 11:00
ONE RACE, ONE CLASS, ONE WEAPON???? I HAVE HAD DREAMS OF SUCH A GAME!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Nightbrother
26-02-04, 11:09
I'm very mystified by the fact that 'some' people can get away with insulting / bad mouthing other people in every single post, and never receive any warnings for it. The Code of Conduct might as well not be there, cause it sure isn't being implemented very well in regards to 'certain' people, who have to put other people down, in their own vain, insecure attempts to make themselves feel great. It's miles and miles beyond being pathetic.

Putting other people down all the time has nothing to do with being brave or great, it's downright the worst act of cowardice.

Mods, this is a plea from me.

t0tt3
26-02-04, 12:26
lol.... he does a biased thats like eeeeeh you trying to compete to get the most flames before this thread get closed?

Maybe because you see so many noobs LE in atm can be because the small prewviews thats running now and many newbies trying it out, that doesnt mean they dont like PvP they cant compete yet vs the bigger boys with rares... :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
26-02-04, 12:31
Originally posted by Nightbrother
I'm very mystified by the fact that 'some' people can get away with insulting / bad mouthing other people in every single post, and never receive any warnings for it. The Code of Conduct might as well not be there, cause it sure isn't being implemented very well in regards to 'certain' people, who have to put other people down, in their own vain, insecure attempts to make themselves feel great. It's miles and miles beyond being pathetic.

Putting other people down all the time has nothing to do with being brave or great, it's downright the worst act of cowardice.

Mods, this is a plea from me.
There's a line.
I get warned when I step over it, I think the same goes for everyone else.
Generally the mod team are pretty lenient, though if people continually push their luck this will most likely change, again.

Shadow Dancer
26-02-04, 12:38
Actually I agree with Nightbrother. IT's amazing the insults that some people get away with. I don't care if the mods are lenient, moderate, super harsh, police state harsh, or don't do anything, just as long as they do it equally to everyone across the board.

meh :(

Nightbrother
26-02-04, 12:50
There's a line.
I get warned when I step over it, I think the same goes for everyone else.
Generally the mod team are pretty lenient, though if people continually push their luck this will most likely change, again.

The line seems to differentiate from person to person, or so it seems to me sometimes, anyway. Sometimes it differs greatly, and that's what makes me wonder.

Another thing is how just one hint of modesty or decency is immediatly treated as being carebear'ish by some people. I still fail to see how the attitude you present yourself with in these forums, has ANYTHING to do with how you present yourself and your char ingame. I think it has to do with the old 'There are RPG-people, there are FPS-people, and there are hybrids of both' talk.

Anywho, I'm at work and really should be doing some...... work, that is. :p

QuantumDelta
26-02-04, 12:55
In regards to that second paragraph there, I think so too, quite heavily.

a fair few of the PKers I know should be playing pure FPS(tribes/etc) I really do go for that hybrid deal.

And the RPGers ...neocron is really a PvP Game, even if I say PvP and mean PvP Not PK.