PDA

View Full Version : Goofy/underpowered soundeffects

Lanigav
25-02-04, 21:12
Any plans to introduce new sound effects into the game that don't sound as goofy and underpowered as some of the current ones do?

For instance, rocket launchers and the laser turrets in TH sound like a hammer hitting a head of lettuce. That fine and dandy for the baseball bat or knuckles, but totally inappropriate for those things. Rockets should have a large BOOM when they hit something, and the laser turrets should sound like the other laser weapons when you hit.

As for the rest, with maybe the exception of the shotgun and Cursed Soul, the sound effects just feel weak.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 21:14
What bothers me more is the fact theres a rare baseball bat coming and the sound doesnt even come close to being in-sync with the actually 'hit' ... ah well

Lanigav
Lol, I've always thought that was funny. Makes the crunching sound when you start swinging, rather than when it makes contact. Not to mention that it looks really friggin small for a baseball bat.

Cruzbroker
Maybe you have shitty speakers :p

Lanigav
25-02-04, 21:19
$150 headphones and $300 JBLs. ;)

DestructionUK
25-02-04, 21:44
the gat weapons sound a little under powered too, come on tweak'em :) theres no harm in having over powered sfx :D

Elric
25-02-04, 21:48
agreed, gat cannon and its reload sounds wank.

Mind you, It looks shit as well, wouldnt mind seeing a remodel of it too.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 21:52
elric take the http//: off your occupation tis more anoying than 1000 children with electronic toys

Elric
25-02-04, 22:14
andit only took ya all over a year to notice :p

Done and done.

;)

Benjie
26-02-04, 02:50
I want a new Asult Rifle sound. One that goes JaJJJJaJaJaJaJAAJAJAJA instead of Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

New uzi sound too that goes PPRRrprrPrprRPrPRpRrPrPRr

Scikar
26-02-04, 02:51
Gat Cannon is bugged atm, as are a lot of weapons, in that it uses the rifle sound. The Unlabeled Gat Cannon has the proper Gat Cannon sound. The sounds are (finally) fixed in the latest test patch.

Argent
26-02-04, 14:09
Originally posted by Scikar
The Unlabeled Gat Cannon has the proper Gat Cannon sound.

Which is cool btw =)

BramTops
26-02-04, 14:59
Hmmm...

*sees new idea's for NLpro..* :D

Blazer12
26-02-04, 16:34
No sound in this game is as bad as the a Beam of Hell. What a pussy little sound it is. heh.

Strych9
26-02-04, 16:41
Can players easily change the sound files?

In a game I have played named Jumpgate,which is a space sim, you could easily replace the sound files. Someone came out with a Star Wars set of sounds for that game, and its REALLY sweet. Hehe.

J. Folsom
26-02-04, 18:23
Originally posted by Strych9
Can players easily change the sound files?

In a game I have played named Jumpgate,which is a space sim, you could easily replace the sound files. Someone came out with a Star Wars set of sounds for that game, and its REALLY sweet. Hehe. They're mostly normal .wav files, the only tricky part is that they're in the .pak files, so you need the proper program (http://home.comcast.net/~sovkhan/Nc_VFS_Browser.zip) to acces it.
All of them should be in sound.pak

Strych9
26-02-04, 18:26
Originally posted by J. Folsom
They're mostly normal .wav files, the only tricky part is that they're in the .pak files, so you need the proper program (http://home.comcast.net/~sovkhan/Nc_VFS_Browser.zip) to acces it.
All of them should be in sound.pak Hrm. Interesting.

I had fun with the quake3 mod I made, working with the sounds for that.... I am sure I can make my neocron experience more enjoyable. :)