PDA

View Full Version : New idea for DRONER!! (LOOK)

Dead Bodies
25-02-04, 18:58
Okay so we all know how much it sucks to be out there with your drone in the snake caves 3 rooms away and have to drive your drone all the way back to your charactor and drop it then refire it to get more ammo.. So what about this a new skill or many just xtra points in a certin skill where it would allow u to not have to drop your drone to reload how is this you ask we could make something like a scantum type thing like if your drone was within 100 meaters of your body it could work like a scantum and relaod your drone periotacly working just like a scantum not at first but every now and then it would reload u this in a sense would help droners lvl more and get more rounds off some people might complian but then droners can kill us forever now .. that may be but that means he is within 100 meeters of his drone that isnt verry much so should be verry easy to find hin and kill his drone a$$ it would a skill called refire range or somethign and u had to have alot of points in it to max the 100 meeter range u are allowed me and some dudes just thought this was cool leave me some feedback const critisam is okay but no bashing please if you all like this hopefully kk will pick it up :) thx for listening

Dead Bodies

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 19:06
Well, no. If a droner is forced to drop his drone in a fight he should either lose it, or come out of his hidey-hole to pick it up. It's how it's always been.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 19:15
its the old "I've found something in this game thats hindering me from using one arm to level and the other too <insert something funny here> I'll post on forum to get an easy way to keep doing that thing"

or something :wtf:

btw .. no

masterguyver
25-02-04, 20:55
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
Okay so we all know how much it sucks to be out there with your drone in the snake caves 3 rooms away and have to drive your drone all the way back to your charactor and drop it then refire it to get more ammo.. So what about this a new skill or many just xtra points in a certin skill where it would allow u to not have to drop your drone to reload how is this you ask we could make something like a scantum type thing like if your drone was within 100 meaters of your body it could work like a scantum and relaod your drone periotacly working just like a scantum not at first but every now and then it would reload u this in a sense would help droners lvl more and get more rounds off some people might complian but then droners can kill us forever now .. that may be but that means he is within 100 meeters of his drone that isnt verry much so should be verry easy to find hin and kill his drone a$$ it would a skill called refire range or somethign and u had to have alot of points in it to max the 100 meeter range u are allowed me and some dudes just thought this was cool leave me some feedback const critisam is okay but no bashing please if you all like this hopefully kk will pick it up :) thx for listening

Dead Bodies

good idea, but wont happen. the players that go forthe cheep pvp play will flame it till the dev get sick of reading this thread. I know i have suggested a fue changes and each one got flamed to death.

Mumblyfish
25-02-04, 20:59
Originally posted by masterguyver
good idea, but wont happen. the players that go forthe cheep pvp play will flame it till the dev get sick of reading this thread. I know i have suggested a fue changes and each one got flamed to death.
You got flamed because they were terrible ideas. If I made a thread about disabling PvP entirely and was deadly serious about it, I'd deserve to get flamed.

masterguyver
25-02-04, 21:09
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
You got flamed because they were terrible ideas. If I made a thread about disabling PvP entirely and was deadly serious about it, I'd deserve to get flamed.

Well you like many of the flamers seems to not be able to read. I NEVER SAID TO DISABLE PVP ENTIRELY. I was say to make it so that you can only open pvp in ops/warzone, but this is off the poster topic and don't want to hijack the thread.

Judge
25-02-04, 21:11
Originally posted by masterguyver

Yeah. Right.

As mumbly said, you're ideas were shit so you got flamed. Its a simple process. Don't start thinking that you are some sort of victimised hero loved by the common masses really though they are too scared to speak out against the dictatorship of PKers on the forum. Because you're not.

Originally posted byPsyco Groupie
its the old "I've found something in this game thats hindering me from using one arm to level and the other too <insert something funny here> I'll post on forum to get an easy way to keep doing that thing"

or something

btw .. no

Agreed. Leveling is fine with Drones atm, and this would make it alot easier for PvP with drones, and there are some disputed about how powerful that is atm already.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 21:24
Man if your too lazy to drop pick up and shoot your drone when you run out of ammo play another class.

Master you want everything given to you on a plate thats why your flamed.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 21:26
To all the poeple who think any flaming is going on, grow up or your clearly too young to be playing this game ... jjeeeebus

Dead Bodies
26-02-04, 01:09
Humm... okay ...

Well here's another one we came up with its lame when a droner gets caught up in a fight he has to stop and pull out a drone why not let them be able to fire the drone from your hand as well as from the sky so intead of launchign a drone and then killign you can fire your drone from your hand for close 1 on 1 combat like a gun did i explain it good enough? well leave me some feedback const critisam is COOL!!!

Dead Bodies..

masterguyver
26-02-04, 07:59
Humm... okay ...

Well here's another one we came up with its lame when a droner gets caught up in a fight he has to stop and pull out a drone why not let them be able to fire the drone from your hand as well as from the sky so intead of launchign a drone and then killign you can fire your drone from your hand for close 1 on 1 combat like a gun did i explain it good enough? well leave me some feedback const critisam is COOL!!!

Dead Bodies..

intersting idea.

Mumblyfish
26-02-04, 10:42
Again, no. That just completely defeats the weakness of droners. I mean, if the droner's meatsack is found he should either run, or drop dead. Not start going Rambo on everyone with a Mosquito.

Also, how would you do this? Weapons in NC have no secondary-fire mode.

Rinaldo
26-02-04, 10:54
Humm... okay ...

Dead Bodies..

If you could go one-on-one this way as a droner, you would die... save from some PvM situations. The reason being that drones are less powerful than other forms of weaponry and droners are hardly specced to sustain combat with their meatsack. Overall this would be useful in PvM only IMO.

This is a possibility if and only the 5% diminution / ammo of the drone condition is well coded... i.e that it behaves closely to a launched drone.

Point is: don't really need it and difficult to code I guess.

Endar
26-02-04, 12:17
This idea is kinda interesting. If you could buy some tool that would slowly load up your drone if you are like 5m close to your char. Kinda like a docking bay or something, it would be cool and it wouldnt give too much advantage over the other players. And you would need to fl your drone close to your char so the other players would know the location of your char so how would that make the droners too good at PvP?? o_O And right now i dont think that any tank players should say anything at all, you are too overpowered right now anyway :D Its kinda hard to PvP with a droner right now anyway so just stfu about it :)

Mr_Snow
26-02-04, 13:28
Humm... okay ...

Dead Bodies..

Sounds like using a pistol so lom to pistol combat if you want to do that.

jj dynomite
26-02-04, 17:34
I really don't like the idea. Droners are very powerful atm, and that's good. But they need balance. Having the drone come back to the shooter to reload is necessary to maintain some of the balance.