PDA

View Full Version : question about run speed

johngreen2000
25-02-04, 17:33
First I am not accusing anyone of anything yet but theres something I feel is wrong with a few certain people and run speeds. Im in the aggie cellar fighting pkers/ pking and just having my normal battles like always and this tank comes down. He pulls out a CS and starts fighting me. Im getting hurt pretty good so i take my CS out and run around the back side of the pillars. A friend who was on team with me comes down while were battling. The guy is chasing me with his CS out. Im starting to notice he is running faster than me with his cannon out when I dont have any wepaon drawn. So I died and my team mate ask me how he was running so fast with his cannon out. Im kinda shocked that someone else noticed how fast he was moving. So I went back in fully buffed and was doing test i had this guy chase me through the aggie cellar and with his cannon out he can out run me. ive got around 85ish in both ath and agi which i know is not near what someone can spec. He was in PA i was not. So then i think maybe its drugs so i pop a red flash and white flash i was still unable to outrun him. There is one other person a PE that is the same way. He moves at extrodinary fast speeds.

before you start blaming it on the common things yes i thought about the following

drugs
being hit in the leg
higher agi+ath
PA's

I could not notice a diffrence between when he had a cannon out and when he didnt.

I just want some opinions or if there is somthing I dont know I would like my errors to be corrected cause somthing seems Fucked up to me.

Strych9
25-02-04, 17:35
Didnt someone say that even though his runspeed may LOOK fast to you, its actually slow on their end?

I thought that was a known bug... that tanks LOOK fast when they run, but on their screen its slow as expected...???

numb
25-02-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Strych9
Didnt someone say that even though his runspeed may LOOK fast to you, its actually slow on their end?

I thought that was a known bug... that tanks LOOK fast when they run, but on their screen its slow as expected...???

How could that worked if you got chased through the aggie cellars with all the corners etc - how would your client know in advance he was going to turn at the corner before he actually did?

Well I at least read that preceding post as more than just a run in and out of the first room.

johngreen2000
25-02-04, 17:55
well maybe it is I dunno but it seems to only be noticable on this one tank and 1 PE. I mean ive never seen it as fast as these 2 people and ive seen 100's of tank and pe before.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 17:56
The tank runspeed with cannons is fooken dodgy imo

people chasing me with devs at full speed O.o

Shadow Dancer
25-02-04, 18:00
This has happened to me since retail lol. That's why I get extremely annoyed when tanks abuse the "Omg but we're turrets" card. I've seen some tanks run unbelievably fast with a CS out. And it's funny to run away from a dev tank and still be hit by his flames like 8 seconds later. I mean supposedly if he's a "turret" I should be leaving him in the dust. :rolleyes:

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 18:03
they changed something clientside but not server side or its just incredibly bad netcode on the flamers part

johngreen2000
25-02-04, 18:11
Originally posted by numb
How could that worked if you got chased through the aggie cellars with all the corners etc - how would your client know in advance he was going to turn at the corner before he actually did?

Well I at least read that preceding post as more than just a run in and out of the first room.

yeah you read it right. the 2-3 time i was doing test i had him chase me through almost the entire thing. not just the first room

-edit-

The fact is I only notice this on one tank thats what makes me suspcious. Anyways not a big deal Im gonna keep an eye out on this guy and see if i notice it anymore. I just wondering if i was missing somthing.

ezza
25-02-04, 18:27
dumb question perhaps, but where you over weighted or taken leg damage or anything?

johngreen2000
25-02-04, 19:20
na ezza as stated above I checked my weight and leg damage. And i was just using my speed as a comparison. It was actually the fact that he was faster than anyone ive seen. Even when drugged ive not seen someone run at his speed. Ill do some more test if i run into him again. Wish I could use fraps or whatever to capture a video so i could analyze it :/

Ehyuko
25-02-04, 19:51
I've noticed this also, I've also run tests to see if I could increase my own char's speed to the point to match them with a rifle drawn.

Through the use of drugs/psi and with relogging/zoning I could not increase my speed to that of some of these players, even with my weapon away, at the end of the tests I had ~170 agil and 110+ ath.

I also find it hard to believe that on these certain players 'client side' they seem to move slower - but to the server they move faster, as these players can operate doors, fire weapons accurately and react to other players normally when moving at these speeds. They obviously do not have maxed out speed from my observations while fighting GMs, but they also suffer no noticeable slowdown with a cannon drawn.

I asked one of these players about their agil/ath stats, and while they may have been lying, these stats were less then my own normally without drugs and yet they still moved faster with cannons out then I do without a weapon - let alone with a rifle.

Edit: I will be clearer, some players can run without any weapon slowdown effecting them while the weapon is drawn and in use, even tanks with cannons. I have as yet been able to match these players normal runspeed with drugs, psi or even specing more agil or ath. :confused:

Strych9
25-02-04, 20:47
Well then report the tank to abuse@neocron.com

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 20:59
Ehyuko, if they honestly gave you numbers that were lower than yourself I'd suspect it was;

A) Bug.
B) FPS.

What's your system specs?

Since I doubt anyone exploiting to get runspeed would say low ATL/AGL...

Strych9
25-02-04, 21:06
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Since I doubt anyone exploiting to get runspeed would say low ATL/AGL... Good point. If I was cheating for runspeed, and someone asked me about it, I would inidicate I had insanely high numbers.

bi0
27-02-04, 16:31
i have experienced it to, on my tank have 110+ both ag and ath, yet a tank i know with much lower appears to run as fast with his cs out as without. i notice it much more in neofrag [where my fps is around 60] , but i dont know about accuracy of speeds for any classes in there tbh
i am wetting myself as the changes about how GFX cards are used in neocron come closer. making a proper mess

Ehyuko
27-02-04, 23:44
Over 30 fps at all times other then in an op with 8+ people [drops to 10 at the most intese] around, normally around 60fps, ping 160 in most occasions only goes over 260 when I start to get synch/connection issues.

It's not just me, it's been remarked upon my several other people, clan mates and non-clanned. I highly doubt these people share my exact or even approximate computer hardware/software setup.

About the agil/ath, I simply assumed the person that told me about it was lying. I'm not making any accusations of cheating or exploiting, but cannot find any reasons why I could not reproduce this outside of a bug, heck even the players whom this effects could simply believe it's their setup rather then a coding issue... and perhaps it is.