PDA

View Full Version : the REAL ultimate PPU slayer

Kal
25-02-04, 16:06
just an idea:

http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/1104084.JPG

buffed with melee buff 1, spy buff 1, basic deflector and basic resist booster 1

would also be a pretty damn sweet mob hunting char

(untested etc so dont blame me if it actually sucks, i also have no idea what the spell damage %'s would be like)

L0KI
25-02-04, 16:09
Hey Kal, gimme a link to that damn skill manager pls :D

I wanna use the base values to work out where to skill my points on my venus char :)

Cant find the damned thing

Kal
25-02-04, 16:13
clicky (http://home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanager-2003-11-03.exe)

that should work

i have my venus ppu setup worked out btw, i'll post it when the flux site is back online

Serpent
25-02-04, 18:52
why is that a ultimate ppu slayer ?

Possessed
25-02-04, 18:54
Kinda gimped tbh Oo

The real ultimate PPU kill is a apu with HAB + a tank with dev + an explosive termi (deflector is the last buff to come up after HAB)

That or just 3 dev tanks o_O

Kal
25-02-04, 18:57
serpent cause it can tl3 heal and def and can use a holy antibuff

after you get a noob def on em (easy enough) just slap on a tl3 heal and use psi attack 2 untill they drop

Serpent
25-02-04, 18:58
or just a tank and a ppu with freeze
the ppu can freeze and wait untill the other ppus def is outgoing the tank casts a def + heal on him and take out the speedgun and begin to laugh :p

.Cyl0n
25-02-04, 18:59
nub....

Kal
25-02-04, 19:05
Originally posted by Serpent
or just a tank and a ppu with freeze
the ppu can freeze and wait untill the other ppus def is outgoing the tank casts a def + heal on him and take out the speedgun and begin to laugh :p

if you can spec a tank to use a decent parashock or a ppu to use a speedgat then yeah it would prolly be a better solo ppu killer.... or a better anything killer :p

and waiting for a ppus buff to wear aint that viable, cause they can time their rebuff, and you dont know when its gonna run out (i know you can time an antibuff rebuff but tell me which ppu is gonna put a def up urgently against an apu or apparent apu user)

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 19:19
solo setups are anti social :P

*edit .. can psi attack 2 outdamage holy heal ?

Kal
25-02-04, 19:24
dunno about holy heal but it'll floor a tl3 buffed tl3 healed ppu in seconds i'd have thought, its damage isnt too far off a holy nrg halo

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 19:25
ah reet I get ya ... you wouldnt catch my ppu without a holy heal after being de buffed tho ...

Kal
25-02-04, 19:26
heh, how about an anti-heal then :p

Possessed
25-02-04, 19:29
Originally posted by Kal
heh, how about an anti-heal then :p

It'll work for the 1 (prolly less) second before the ppu slaps another on...

Oh and n00b buffing people is bad mmmmm'kay?

g0rt
25-02-04, 19:30
u realise you're gonna get like 80% dmg on that heal and deflector

Kal
25-02-04, 19:33
Originally posted by Possessed
It'll work for the 1 (prolly less) second before the ppu slaps another on...

and in that 1 second you can slap on a tl 3 heal, then ya got 15 more seconds to work with :P

Oh and n00b buffing people is bad mmmmm'kay?

tbh the whole setup is prolly pretty bad :p
i only made it to see if anyone thought it might work

i might try it out for hunting, beats medkits:p

Originally posted by g0rt

heh, in combat a tl3 heal wouldnt help an apu with those defences anyway, what it DOES mean however is any char you use it on gets that piece of crap heal/def instead of the PPUs nice shiney one

Possessed
25-02-04, 19:35
Originally posted by Kal
and in that 1 second you can slap on a tl 3 heal, then ya got 15 more seconds to work with :P

Not with the 10/min rof you're gonna get on heal....

Kal
25-02-04, 19:38

hmm i thought the ammount of PSU would make up for the lack of ppu and ppu/apu penalty, can get a nice ROF on spells with a pretty bad damage % if its anything like the ppu spells i use on my hybrid, the largeish amount of PPW should mean the damage % aint half bad too

g0rt
25-02-04, 19:39
Originally posted by Kal
hmm i thought the ammount of PSU would make up for the lack of ppu and ppu/apu penalty, can get a nice ROF on spells with a pretty bad damage % if its anything like the ppu spells i use on my hybrid

Ya it just might, now that i think about it i think you're right.

If you have around 90 base int purely into PSU you should still cap freq on a 120 freq crahn heal

Original monk
25-02-04, 19:48
i yust wanted to say that i like the fact that people start experimenting a littlebit with these small hybrids now :)

..compared to last months where ya heared nothing about em, or sum weird setups with kamichips .. wich kk didnt like after seeing that they gave em -40 ppu.

i wonna start experimenting with low defense higher offense hybrids, but i think i should first cap my regular hybrid cause the damage he gets on holy energy halo still sucks a bit to be honest .. 5 levels and about 50 mill xp psi to go :) i trow em in ppw and see if its strong enough .

Kal
25-02-04, 19:53
my 'regular' hybrid is pretty poor, uses holy nrg halo and damage output aint bad but im not having fun on it.

gonna lom to this setup and see if its any good

g0rt
25-02-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Original monk
i yust wanted to say that i like the fact that people start experimenting a littlebit with these small hybrids now :)

..compared to last months where ya heared nothing about em, or sum weird setups with kamichips .. wich kk didnt like after seeing that they gave em -40 ppu.

i wonna start experimenting with low defense higher offense hybrids, but i think i should first cap my regular hybrid cause the damage he gets on holy energy halo still sucks a bit to be honest .. 5 levels and about 50 mill xp psi to go :) i trow em in ppw and see if its strong enough .

I got a capped psi hybrid original, setup looks a bit like this:

123 ppu
120 apu
blah mst just enuf to use blessed shelt i think
rest in ppw

and my holy energy halo hurts. i would say it hits about as hard as a blacksun, doesn't require an aiming retacle, and if you pop the freeze/dmg boost then the guys plain fucked

dont know where people get thier ideas that hybrid suck, i guarantee no class in the game can beat a capped hybrid like mine one on one.

Kal
25-02-04, 20:04
yeah mines not bad atm (only 82 psi atm o_O ), i can take down most players if my aimings good and i only have 75 ppu (PE defences and haz1)

Shadow Dancer
25-02-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Kal
dunno about holy heal but it'll floor a tl3 buffed tl3 healed ppu in seconds i'd have thought, its damage isnt too far off a holy nrg halo

No it won't. PSI attack 2 is weak. And EVERY class can spec tons of force resist easily.

No. 12 ppu is enough so that with high ppw, you can get at least 450% or so.

Actually the heal will be capped rof. But his anti heal rof is a whole nother story. :D

i guarantee no class in the game can beat a capped hybrid like mine one on one.

Only kuz his defense is overpowered.

Q`alooaith
25-02-04, 23:45
Psi attack 2 will beat down a blessed healing PPU as loing as the deflector is not up, and holy heal only just keep's the damage at bay last time I checked..

g0rt
26-02-04, 00:29
Only kuz his defense is overpowered.

Exactly. His offense is as good as a PE when he pops that dmg boost, and his defenses can only be outdone by a ppu.

Dunno why people don't like this, i love my hybrid so hard to kill him.

Kal
26-02-04, 00:47
I'll tell you what the setups like in a few days when i lom to it if you like ;)

edit : sexy new sig