PDA

View Full Version : Another Silent Hunter Question

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 14:55
I guess I am a few days away from using the Silent Hunter, but I wanted to know how much R-C is needed to cap the damage? And what non-MC5 imp setup should I do to achieve this?

Ta :)

Clownst0pper
25-02-04, 14:57
If you get a nice silent hunter with artifact dmg, just go for like 180 rifle combat and you will be fine.

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 15:05
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
If you get a nice silent hunter with artifact dmg, just go for like 180 rifle combat and you will be fine.

And if I don't get artifact damage? Just trying to spec my Spy and decide where points should go :)

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:08
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
If you get a nice silent hunter with artifact dmg, just go for like 180 rifle combat and you will be fine. include weapon lore when you say things like this :p

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:12
A rifle spy should have all weapon lore but about 60 psi use.

Devils Grace
25-02-04, 15:15
Originally posted by GT_Rince
And if I don't get artifact damage? Just trying to spec my Spy and decide where points should go :)

if u dont get artie dmg, hunt again and change cst, kuz that one sucked :p

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 15:16
I intend to be a pure sniper - I will also be using Stealth 2. But, I want to also be able to hack, and self-poke myself.

Will I lose any / much damage if I don't put all INT into WEP ?

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:17
I intend to be a pure sniper - I will also be using Stealth 2. But, I want to also be able to hack, and self-poke myself.

Will I lose any / much damage if I don't put all INT into WEP ? rofl @ pure sniper who hacks and pokes self.. :p
Tip, make sure you get yourself some damned good weaponry...
And get a poke glove, and use spy1 for the imp bonus, and only 50 hack...

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:18
Rifle Damage: 0.7(70%) RC + 0.2(20%) WPL

Rifle Aiming: 0.4(40%) RC + 0.6(60%) WPL

KKs official stats on the subject.

But you do need to cap aiming on the weapon even if you dont cap damage after that do whatever you want with your int really, but you wont be quite as effective as you would otherwise.

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 15:19
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
rofl @ pure sniper who hacks and pokes self.. :p
Tip, make sure you get yourself some damned good weaponry...
And get a poke glove, and use spy1 for the imp bonus, and only 50 hack...

That's why I asked the question... :rolleyes:

If I gimp myself, I will put all into WEP - if others have done this and it doesn't gimp u too much, I will give it a go.

LOMS are your friend :p

EDIT------

Thanks Mr Snow - that was the sort of answer I was looking for. :)

Cyphor
25-02-04, 15:20
Originally posted by Mr_Snow

A rifle spy can cap dmg easily and aiming, range doesnt matter too much as clipping is a fraction of a rifles range and most people will cap it easily as well, frequency isnt effected by wep lore...

So a rifle spy can norm do many things mabey not a full on tradeskill but mine can hack a op and poke 115 and caps dmg on all rifles...Only a rifle pe needs most in wep lore as if they want to use high tl rifles like rog/ redeemer or drug to fl etc they will have probs getting good dmg.

Edit: try playing about with your setup, about the only downside of mine is i dont use a ppr and have to drug to inqu 1, imo thats fair enough as, as a sniper i dont intend to do close combat alot :p i can also use an obl btw. Oh and i need spy 3 for both op and poke 115 :angel: its a fair trade-off though as theres norm a ppu about when i need to do either of the things :)

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 15:23
Originally posted by Cyphor
A rifle spy can cap dmg easily and aiming

but mine can hack a op and poke 115 and caps dmg on all rifles...

Fantastic !

I will have a go with some hack and poke then :)

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:25
Cyphor, what's your AGL?
Heh, just interested.
I'm guessing you take spy3 to MC5 it? (if not why not? :p)

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 15:25
dont invest to too mutch time to cap the rifles, atm are all high lvl rifles underpowered
if u really want a sniper, make a tank. with the lasercannons he can snipe too, like a rc spy with healing light
i really love my (full cap) rc spy but with that shity poor damage we do in pvp .. na, it suckz

Elric
25-02-04, 15:27
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
dont invest to too mutch time to cap the rifles, atm are all high lvl rifles underpowered
if u really want a sniper, make a tank. with the lasercannons he can snipe too, like a rc spy with healing light
i really love my (full cap) rc spy but with that shity poor damage we do in pvp .. na, it suckz

/me hugs new STORM Laser cannon :D:D:D

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 15:27
LoM's arent your friend when you end up with capped dex and 60 int :P

Elric
25-02-04, 15:29
I feel that pain....

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 15:29
Originally posted by Elric
/me hugs new STORM Laser cannon :D:D:D

that i meen, my tank got a 4 slot storm, easy to snipe rifle spys with it

Xylaz
25-02-04, 15:31
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
that i meen, my tank got a 4 slot storm, easy to snipe rifle spys with it

...is it possible to get a scope on it? ^^

Cyphor
25-02-04, 15:31
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Cyphor, what's your AGL?
Heh, just interested.
I'm guessing you take spy3 to MC5 it? (if not why not? :p)

yeah need spy3 for op and to poke :) and imp glove.

Self buffed i have 190 rifle combat 100 tc 96 agl 68 ath
:angel:

Patso
25-02-04, 15:32
Originally posted by Mr_Snow

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I have 0 psi use, what benefit does 60 psi give to a spy?

Is this so we can runcast heal?

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:35
Originally posted by Patso
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but I have 0 psi use, what benefit does 60 psi give to a spy?

Is this so we can runcast heal?

Drug to shelter

Elric
25-02-04, 15:37
Originally posted by Xylaz

I think so yes.

You used to be able to, last time i was a tank with one though was over a year ago.

I still have an old one with a scope, but its pissy quality like they used to be before upping the dropped quality

SpawnTDK
25-02-04, 15:40
Originally posted by Xylaz

flash, scope, laser

Original monk
25-02-04, 15:54
im sorry but i gonna go a bit offtopic

i have a question: why is a silent hunter called "SILENT" hunter if it isnt silent ????

i would like to see the silent hunter silenced by default ..

i know it doesnt add sumthing extra .. ya still hear the sound from the same distance .. but still ... first time i used it i was suprised to hear a BANG cause i tought it was supposed to be silent :P

and yeah i know silent hunter stands for silent stealthy hunter: you can hunt silently cause of the distance ya take, but still ...

i want it silenced by default :)

i have a full arty silenced silent hunter, but still, i wish it was that way from itself witouth modding a silencer ..

okie, laterz :P

Elric
25-02-04, 15:58
slightly off topic also, But silencers sound fuckin cool.

please let them be used on Gat Cannons.

Thank you.

deac
25-02-04, 17:24
or just buy my rifle kami and cap anything, hax, poke and die like a true spy :)

no really rifle spys have the most usefull kami imo.

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 17:34
Originally posted by deac
or just buy my rifle kami and cap anything, hax, poke and die like a true spy :)

no really rifle spys have the most usefull kami imo.

I'm still looking for a Rifle Kami. One up for auction, but I'll bet it has gone :(

numb
25-02-04, 17:50
How much does a capped SH currently do to a normal WB per shot?

johngreen2000
25-02-04, 18:04
I dont have a silent hunter so i cant confirm but ive been told it does somthing around 550 to WB's

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 18:04
Originally posted by numb
How much does a capped SH currently do to a normal WB per shot?

Not sure about a Silent Hunter, but my un-capped (160%) Commando does 220ish to a warbot. Not bad for a non-rare imho :)

kurai
25-02-04, 18:05
I guess I am a few days away from using the Silent Hunter, but I wanted to know how much R-C is needed to cap the damage?

You'd need around 175 WEP, and 182 RC to cap damage on a 120 stat SH
(That'll get you 20 shots/min out of a max of 24)

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 18:10
Originally posted by kurai
You'd need around 175 WEP, and 182 RC to cap damage on a 120 stat SH
(That'll get you 20 shots/min out of a max of 24)

Ahh - Master Kurai :D

Next question then - how do I get 24 shots per minute?

numb
25-02-04, 18:11
Originally posted by johngreen2000
I dont have a silent hunter so i cant confirm but ive been told it does somthing around 550 to WB's

That sounds real nice. Although it may be that my Commando will be better for dropping WBs anyway, assuming the RoF cap on a sniper is not lowered compared to normal weapons. [edit which I've just read above that there is]

kurai
25-02-04, 22:32
Ahh - Master Kurai :D

Next question then - how do I get 24 shots per minute? Approx 210 RC (assuming 115 DEX ... that has a bearing on freq too)

Patso
26-02-04, 11:06
I'm not sure about the Silent Hunter, but with a commando I can get 270 damage on a Warbot. This is not capped....

If the Silent Hunter gives me 400+ damage I would be pleased....

Still a long way from getting it though :mad:

GT_Rince
26-02-04, 16:46
I now have 171 DMG on the Commando and I do 254 to a Warbot - DMG on the Commando is 99%. Not bad considering it is a non-rare weapon :)

Psyco Groupie
26-02-04, 16:49
my 4 slot commando used todo some like 320 capped

Sh should be in excess of 400

kurai
27-02-04, 03:53
Just went to Gab to get you a number (I'm nice like that :D )

505 from a capped SH on a Wabbit.