PDA

View Full Version : rocket rifle

cRazy2003
25-02-04, 14:25
i think the concept is kinda simple if u think about it carefully
tanks have rocket launchers
pistol users have rocket pistols (might i just add how the hell 0_o)
so why not rocket rifles for spies and/or PE's depending on the req's. some people have been moaning that ecspecially spies need a AoE weapon, and i think this is a good way, and mebbe increase the rocket pistols dam cos tbh its a bit crap, plz tell me wot j00 think

(or u cud just make fusion rifles aoe....w/e :D )

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:29
Rifles have a long range advantage to make up for not haveing AoE so they dont need AoE over long range too.

cRazy2003
25-02-04, 14:31
yea but i just want meh aoe :\
ecspecially when im in graves and i see tanks firing a mal into a small room and doing like 200 damage to each mob, god damnit..

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 14:33
Originally posted by cRazy2003
ecspecially when im in graves and i see tanks firing a mal into a small room and doing like 200 damage to each mob, god damnit.. When was the last time you saw a pistol pe/spy use that rocket pistol?

lemme tell you.
It's pathetic.

As snow said, Rifles do the range deal, not the AoE Deal.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:34
Originally posted by cRazy2003
ecspecially when im in graves and i see tanks firing a mal into a small room and doing like 200 damage to each mob, god damnit..

Put your STR into HC then and use a atomsmelt in the graves and caves.

Clownst0pper
25-02-04, 14:37
Why do people feel the need to merge classes?

OH just because THEY have one, I MUST have one.

Sorry but you have rifles, and no need for anything AOE based.

Why would a rifle user want a rocket rifle?

The rocket pistol is understandable as theyve been around games etc for milleniums.

Tanks have them because it makes sense.

Sorry But its a no

Sorontar
25-02-04, 14:37
Crazy everyone knows you're just pissed off that you can't level CON off the wall like Pistol / HC users Oooops did I just say that :D

Note - I cannot see why that is an exploit either , you are subjecting your body to mock battle conditions to toughen it up.

TBH I cant see why a Rocket Rifle isn't introduced or an M203 underslung nade launcher.Make them have a single clip and just reduce range on those particular rifles so it isn't an issue.

Dade Murphey
25-02-04, 14:50
I kinda want a rifle with a grenade launcher option...those ones the military have are pretty damn cool...and from what I hear quite fun...haha

XaNToR
25-02-04, 15:16
i voted for yes..

btw qd : a thunderstorm , terminator and ray of god are such great long distance weapons:rolleyes:

phunqe
25-02-04, 15:17
Originally posted by XaNToR
btw qd : a thunderstorm , terminator and ray of god are such great long distance weapons:rolleyes:

You could toss them :lol:

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:18
i voted for yes..

btw qd : a thunderstorm , terminator and ray of god are such great long distance weapons:rolleyes: Kurai use(s/d) RoG to snipe :p

Thunderstorm - well obviously.... but, XaN, you're the only dude I know who uses it anyway :p
Termi's a friggin shotgun man whatcha expect? :p

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:20

Nobody is making you use those particular weapons.sniping use the paineaser or even the commando.

boneybob
25-02-04, 15:29
again this sort of thing has been coverd in a recent poast on the forums, try looking a couple of weeks back, were as a balanced (but not crappy RKT launcher rifle, unlike the pistol version) would be fun, i think KK should sort out some of the wepons that already exsist as aposed to creating new ones just at them moment.
As i mentioned above, their was another very similar poast, and the general conclusion of that poast was to do things to rifle such as: slighlty increase AOE on Plasma rifle, and give all Fusion weapons a huge boost in AOE (less so for the cannon), respectivly make the Doom Beamer a "RAY" weapon as apposed to shooting a big blob.

Althogh i have to say that i realy like the idea of attached grenade launchers to rifles, and may be suggest shotguns as well? so we start seeing combo rifles? This idea isent so far fetched, because thease weapons DO already excist in real-life, but of course.... as with every thing in NC its trying to find a balance that is the important thing. Theri would be no point in KK producing an attached grenade launcher (for example) if the grenades would only do crapp damage.

And as for the individuals above who wrote something along the lines of dont be boosting rifles with AOE coz they have their range i say this, you get a capped Gen-Tank and a good laser cannon and check the range, or how about the RGC's or Fusion cannons, they have a pritey huge range. Pistols can also have a more than fair range (in particular the Laser,Pulselaser and RKT launcher pistol).
Oh and the Plasma rifles already do a very slight AOE, you never noticed?

BB

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 15:29
RIFLE WILL NOT GET AOE SSSSSH ALREADY

cRazy2003
25-02-04, 15:32
Originally posted by Sorontar
Crazy everyone knows you're just pissed off that you can't level CON off the wall like Pistol / HC users Oooops did I just say that :D

Note - I cannot see why that is an exploit either , you are subjecting your body to mock battle conditions to toughen it up.

TBH I cant see why a Rocket Rifle isn't introduced or an M203 underslung nade launcher.Make them have a single clip and just reduce range on those particular rifles so it isn't an issue.

LOL, no i capped con on my spy ages ago, im just thinking about PvM, and i never use range when hunting mobs or wotever, or at least no more range then a pistol spy or pe can do, even if KK made it unbalievably crap damage it wud still be nice to have one, i wud do a lot better levelling by hitting some of them per shot instead of shooting one at a time and by the time i kill it all the rest are dead

garyu69
25-02-04, 15:58
I vote yes.

Give the Rifle user some love..... especially the low tech one. :D

L0KI
25-02-04, 16:12
Pistol AOE = teh suckage (TL 65, aiming is garbage)

You have MORE THAN ENOUGH points on a PE to skill enough HC to use atomsmelt cannon.

It still wont gimp ya.
- u can LOM it out afterwards

cRazy2003
25-02-04, 16:16
Originally posted by L0KI
Pistol AOE = teh suckage (TL 65, aiming is garbage)

You have MORE THAN ENOUGH points on a PE to skill enough HC to use atomsmelt cannon.

It still wont gimp ya.
- u can LOM it out afterwards

im talkin about a spy tho :\

Jerto
25-02-04, 16:18
If you want to be rifle, you have long range weapons with pretty cool damages. So you can be a marksman AS WELL AS a close combat fighter.

Rockets are for mass destruction and mass destruction is tank business IMO.

Ozambabbaz
25-02-04, 16:25
make a Nade launcher mod

and FFS, remove hand grenades from heavy weapons, it's PATHETIC!

make them agl based, or recycle based ANYTHING ELSE!

Morris
25-02-04, 16:35
I would agree not every class needs AoE, but as long as certain exploits are still in the game I believe every class should have the ability to counter them. Was raiding the canyon last night and a droner exploited himself into a position where he could launch his Mosquito yet, despite being fully visible, couldn't be targeted. As a pistoler I could have used a mini rocket launcher (if I had thought to bring one), but a rifler would have been screwed.

Gulinborsti
25-02-04, 17:15
Originally posted by garyu69
I vote yes.

Give the Rifle user some love..... especially the low tech one. :D
Yeah, remove the T-C requirement for Sniper Rifles first, otherwise I'm not going to support anymore ideas that only strengthen rifle spies and slowly render the rifle PE more and more useless :mad:

Voted NO, except the area damage rifles need lots of H-C instead of T-C :D

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 17:25
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
RIFLE WILL NOT GET AOE SSSSSH ALREADY

Did you miss it the first time ?Devs have spoken.

Rade
25-02-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Ozambabbaz
make a Nade launcher mod

and FFS, remove hand grenades from heavy weapons, it's PATHETIC!

make them agl based, or recycle based ANYTHING ELSE!

Actually nade launcher mods would work great. You could add
them to certain rifles, and then they would use nade ammo and
work as nade weapons. Swapping between them would require
a reload.

Boozbazz
25-02-04, 19:49
isn't the sniper rifle good enough. i mean if anything needs to be added for rifle user's it's cooler sniper rifles. maybe something along the lines of a scoped AR33mm assault rifle? rather than add more stuff thats already in the game and allow every class to use it, why not just add more things that make each class unique and cool? imho a rocket launcher is a heavy weapon thing and should only be that.

Originally posted by Ozambabbaz
make a Nade launcher mod

that sounds like the best option with the most rp value to it i think. (makes sense right?)

kurai
26-02-04, 02:31
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Kurai use(s/d) RoG to snipe :p heh :D

It's not an ideal option, obviously, but with a range of 880 metres (i.e. past clipping plane) it will do in a pinch, say if you have SI or no ammo for main weapon or something.

Or you just want to humiliate someone ... ;)