PDA

View Full Version : Cannon AOE Accuracy

Elric
25-02-04, 13:30
Vote please.

I would like to see HC AOE changed slightly.

I just reached TRIDE Fusion cannon level again and started using it. (I was going to use my Judgment Day launcher but havent got it modded yet <3 Thanks Majin :D )

The accuracy on the damn thing blows goats.

Id like a simple change and it is simply this. Allow the shots to go where your aiming it in a straight line.

I do not mean homing (like Cyclops rockets) Just fly in a straight line and hit where you aim it.

They are slow moving projectiles and would still be easily dodged in PvP (even to some extent PvM, would also introduce some skill in having to predict where the long range targets are moving too so as to still hit them) so I dont believe a change like this would Overpower them as such.

this would also count towards Rocket Pistols.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:32
They're not that slow moving.
Though if they were slowed a little more I'd say yes.

You know about the third person bug with AoE(ALL) weapons right? (just a question don't mean anythin by it...)

I'd also say they need a power boost more than an accuracy boost :p

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 13:36
What is your aiming percentage?

Because if you get a high percentage you can snipe with fusion cannons,malis being the most accurateor so I find, and if your moonie isnt having a bad day with your moonie.

GT_Rince
25-02-04, 13:37
Yeah, I like that idea. It gets even worse when you are caving and fire an AoE weapon and instead of flying off to the mobs you targetted, it does a 90 degree turn and hits your team mates who are stood right next to you...

Needs big fixxy :)

OpTi
25-02-04, 13:38
fusion cannons accuracy is fine, raygun cannons are fine and rocket lauchers are fine.

i drugged up to tride and the accuracy is slighty off to start with but as the aiming on the gun rises it's.

rocket launchers even at high aiming still fire off in random directions sometimes but they have a huge AoE it makes up for it.

Elric
25-02-04, 13:39
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
They're not that slow moving.
Though if they were slowed a little more I'd say yes.

You know about the third person bug with AoE(ALL) weapons right? (just a question don't mean anythin by it...)

I'd also say they need a power boost more than an accuracy boost :p

Yes I know about it :p

I do keep forgetting about it on occasion though... OHNOES I GETS BANZOERED FOR SHOOTING MYSLEF :eek: !

*cough* scuse me.. little outburst there, this community is infectious :D

Yes, Even if it was slowed down a little even that would be worth it.

Rockets are a bit faster, I laways figured Fusion are RGC were dead slow though.

I think an accuracy boost would be more important than a power boost. Sure, more damage is always nice, but wtf is the point when you cant actually hit anything :p

:edit:

My aim is hitting 200%, it still blows goats :p

Gimme a moonie and a mal and another week to be able to use em and I'll let you know :p

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:42
Fair enough, notion approved :p

switchback
25-02-04, 13:58
if you just reached the level, or drugged up to the level to use these weapons then your aiming is naturally going to be bad. on my tank i have capped aiming and allthough the projectiles dont hit the cross hairs targets, they all ways go to the same place i.e good grouping. becuase of this it is v. easy to aimi with it. i suggest leveling up to increae your aiming

as for more power in them i would prefer a faster rate of fire or bigger clip

Dribble Joy
25-02-04, 14:06
mini rockets are shite, hopefully with the new tls in the next patch this may change.
But the acuracy of them is appalling.

Elric
25-02-04, 14:13
well, when i say just reached, that actually means got off me arse n picked it up out of me cabinets :p

I'm at STR 95 now (with imps and PA) so Im a good 7 levels above the reqs. Full HC with a little in (like maybe 20 points all in) in Transport and Force. HC is ... erm.. 159 or something?

Sleawer
25-02-04, 14:16
I think AoE weapons should get special features and their damage boosted.

Moonstriker could be a homed rocket, but it would need a lot of time to lock and to prepare the laser-guide mechanism.
Malediction could get it's AE tripled.
Doombeamer could make some kind of stack damage in adition to its initial damage.

With this and the damage boosted it could be interesting.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:19
Originally posted by Sleawer
I think AoE weapons should get special features and their damage boosted.

Moonstriker could be a homed rocket, but it would need a lot of time to lock and to prepare the laser-guide mechanism.
Malediction could get it's AE tripled.
Doombeamer could make some kind of stack damage in adition to its initial damage.

They should make the doombeamer do damage first but A0E damage needs to be upped and the area made larger on the weapons.

Glok
25-02-04, 14:22
Someone mentioned giving the doombeamer a barrel-type effect, similar to monk barrels. That would be neat.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:24
I would rather if they made the dommbeamer into a non-AoE tank weapon tbh.

naimex
25-02-04, 14:43
Originally posted by Elric
Vote please.

I would like to see HC AOE changed slightly.

I just reached TRIDE Fusion cannon level again and started using it. (I was going to use my Judgment Day launcher but havent got it modded yet <3 Thanks Majin :D )

Id like a simple change and it is simply this. Allow the shots to go where your aiming it in a straight line.

I do not mean homing (like Cyclops rockets) Just fly in a straight line and hit where you aim it.

They are slow moving projectiles and would still be easily dodged in PvP (even to some extent PvM, would also introduce some skill in having to predict where the long range targets are moving too so as to still hit them) so I dont believe a change like this would Overpower them as such.

this would also count towards Rocket Pistols.

LEAVE THE AoE ALONE !!!!

You can move and still hit with a malediction up close and personal..

Accuracy is better on Malediction than on CS ffs !!!

leave them alone !!!!!!!!

Elric
25-02-04, 14:43
erm, did you read what I'd said?
and using a malediction.... up close an personal???

actually... nevermind... O_o

naimex
25-02-04, 14:46

yes i did.. and i replied to this part.

All fusion cannons shots move straight line.. no matter if you got 1 % aim or 267 % aim on it.

just 1 thing you gotta do to make it fly straight..

-Go to 1st person view.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:48
Originally posted by naimex
yes i did.. and i replied to this part.

All fusion cannons shots move straight line.. no matter if you got 1 % aim or 267 % aim on it.

just 1 thing you gotta do to make it fly straight..

-Go to 1st person view.

In first person on low aim % they fly all over the place try acutally trying something before suggesting it.

Elric
25-02-04, 14:48
aaaah, no no no

You miss my point.

I meant actually to go where your aiming it. Rather than, going somewhere "in the general direction" of where you aimed.

And yes, I do use First person for shooting AOE weapons.

naimex
25-02-04, 14:49
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
In first person on low aim % they fly all over the place try acutally trying something before suggesting it.

i used malediction in NF deck 1 .. tank with male (me) vs tanks with CS..

tried it 14 duels

I wouldnīt reply if i didnīt know.

aaaah, no no no

You miss my point.

I meant actually to go where your aiming it. Rather than, going somewhere "in the general direction" of where you aimed.

And yes, I do use First person for shooting AOE weapons.

Well.. as I said Fusion Cannons go where you "ARE" aiming.

RayGun cannons / and rocket launchers however go whereever they feel like,... unless you are standing/crouching not moving at all and in 1st person view.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:52
A capped tank with a mali can snipe I know this but have you even tried using a low aim % fusion weapon?

Obviously not if you think they fly straight and for future reference try reading what my reply was referring to and not just taking whatever meaning you feel you want to from my posts.

ezza
25-02-04, 14:52
I would rather if they made the dommbeamer into a non-AoE tank weapon tbh. i suggested that long ago, but a lot of tanks like it the way it is.

on the topic, i find the aiming is ok but over long distance it starts to go a bit astrey, i dont really see a major problem with it, but then i dont use them often(MC5 and ops being the exception) so maybe in that fact somthing could be done about it

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 14:53
LEAVE THE AoE ALONE !!!!

You can move and still hit with a malediction up close and personal..

Accuracy is better on Malediction than on CS ffs !!!

leave them alone !!!!!!!! ....erm....naimex...talk to djingo about that one...o_O

naimex
25-02-04, 14:54
A capped tank with a mali can snipe I know this but have you even tried using a low aim % fusion weapon?

Obviously not if you think they fly straight and for future reference try reading what my reply was referring to and not just taking whatever meaning you feel you want to from my posts.

.... uhm, you donīt GET low aim % on a fusion weapon if you have a good setup and a gun built good and modded right.

No tank who knows what he/she is doing will mod a Heavy weapon for dmg.. its capped long before you can use the gun...

just go for ammo mod, arti handling.. and all the freq you can get..

rest is just showoff and bonus.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 14:57
We are talking about tanks who are drugging for trides not about capped tanks, go back read the first post.

El Barto
25-02-04, 14:58
Kinda agree, I think they should all be exactly as they are aiming wise, but have more power. The reason I kinda agree is because the anti vhc rocket launcher needs better accuacy, you predict where the car will be, shoot, and find out that the missile goes no where near where you fired.

naimex
25-02-04, 15:00
We are talking about tanks who are drugging for trides not about capped tanks, go back read the first post.

and the tank that is drugging to use the tride.. will never ever become a capped tank ??

anything done to any weapon. low or high will affect all weapons low and high of that type..

Stats will still be the factor of how you use the gun, and making the gun easier useable for low stat tanks.. will make it overpowered for high stat tanks, and this cannot be done exactly because of this..

All I hear at the moment is "Devourer is overpowered" and so on.. you really wanna add all tank weapons into this ?

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:00
Originally posted by El Barto
Kinda agree, I think they should all be exactly as they are aiming wise, but have more power. The reason I kinda agree is because the anti vhc rocket launcher needs better accuacy, you predict where the car will be, shoot, and find out that the missile goes no where near where you fired. Vehical rockets home. :p

zii
25-02-04, 15:02
Ive used my male up close and percy. It hurt us both, but I won. .Just.

naimex
25-02-04, 15:04
Originally posted by zii
Ive used my male up close and percy. It hurt us both, but I won. .Just.

aim at waist of your enemy as you run backwards.. and aim the opposite way of the way you are running, then you will only be hit by the area effect and you enemy by the core dmg.

Thats how i do it.

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 15:06
aim at waist of your enemy as you run backwards.. and aim the opposite way of the way you are running, then you will only be hit by the area effect and you enemy by the core dmg.

Thats how i do it. You'd hurt yourself, and, believe me, my lib would hurt you more than you hurt me :p

but, then again, mals/moonies are shite against pes...

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:06
and the tank that is drugging to use the tride.. will never ever become a capped tank ??

Not much use when hes killing himself and his cave team on his way to cap.

Improving lowbie aiming on AoE weapons shouldnt get anybody crying and infact most people admit that damage on AoE weapons is underpowered as it is and should be increased.

naimex
25-02-04, 15:08
Not much use when hes killing himself and his cave team on his way to cap.

Improving lowbie aiming on AoE weapons shouldnt get anybody crying and infact most people admit that damage on AoE weapons is underpowered as it is and should be increased.

I think AoE dmg is fine..

110 dmg per shot on a PPU wearing full energy armor.

30 dmg per shot on a PPU wearing full energy armor with all buffs.

from a capped malediction shot with ammo mod.

Mr_Snow
25-02-04, 15:10
I think AoE dmg is fine..

110 dmg per shot on a PPU wearing full energy armor.

30 dmg per shot on a PPU wearing full energy armor with all buffs.

from a capped malediction shot with ammo mod.

With these tests was he standing still for you to hit him or was he running around an op with holy heal and holy heal sanctum running?

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 15:30
Mod Handling.

Strych9
25-02-04, 15:31
I am not seeing a big aiming problem. I think its your level thats causing you to think this.

In close areas, every AOE cannon save the rocket launchers is like a sniper rifle, pinpoint accurate.

The only time accuracy STARTS to be an issue is when you are outside over long ranges.

Even then though, the rares at least are REAL accurate.

For example- you know the tower right outside TG? If I am in the VERY top level of that tower, I can basically snipe mobs by the vehicle depot with my doom beamer or malediction NO problem. Even further than that actually.

Now the projectile speed is pretty slow- at those ranges thats the only time I miss- when the mob moves too much. But on some mobs you can easily at that range project where they will be and shoot there, and thus get the hit.

I wouldnt mind seeing projectiles sped up some, and then my biggest gripe is the lack of accuracy WITHOUT a closed reticle- like if you move a bit and fire before the reticle is set. As someone said, considering that if I move and then fire a shot off into the ground and damage myself, I am almost exploiting...

Deanus_willis
25-02-04, 15:54
yes needs a boost. Using AOE in OP fights is just plain silly because of losing SL to trader NPC's

And caving is annoying when you hit everything BUT what you are aiming at. A slight boost only, but a boost none the less