PDA

View Full Version : Run speed FPS related ?

~Drav~
25-02-04, 12:30
Is Run speed FPS related ? Reason I ask, is because my char is practically as fast as you can get stat wise, when im buffed with melee 3, haz 3 and spy 3 im at 169 agility 8| and Ive got 80 in athletics ... Now lastnight I was chasing a rifle PE, He actually had his gun out the majority of the time which shoulda been slowing him down, yet he was constantly getting away from me . . .

Now because of the zone it was in, plus I was only hunting, I had vegitation on as it's not too heavy out at F_08 and gab etc and looks cool, But I was at around 20 fps, would that have effected my run speed ? I know that FPS effects ROF on speed gun etc or atleast seems to :p

Elric
25-02-04, 12:31
yes.

FPS can affect runspeed, as can the ping your getting in comparison to the other person.

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 12:33
This has been discussed extensively in many threads in the past. Try a search to see if that yields anything.

Even though the formula for runspeed would suggest that ATH/AGL has an equal effect on how fast you run, there are some who believe that if someone has 70/70 in ath/agl, removing one point from either would require more than one point in the other to make up for it.

I remember an older post from a GM stating that if you had 0 in agility you would need about 400 in ATH to run as fast as someone with 70 in both, but I'm not sure anymore. Perhaps the formula changed since then.

Oath
25-02-04, 12:35
Originally posted by ~Drav~
Run speed FPS related ?

Yes it is.

Dribble Joy
25-02-04, 12:39
FPS affects runspeed, as it used to affect vehicles.

Originally posted by NightBrother
remember an older post from a GM stating that if you had 0 in agility you would need about 400 in ATH to run as fast as someone with 70 in both, but I'm not sure anymore. Perhaps the formula changed since then.

news for j00 (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477&perpage=15&pagenumber=13&postid=1213298)

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 12:44
Orig. posted by Lupus:
---------------------------------------------------
if you have no Athletics, then 110 Agility is the same as if you had 55 ATH and 55 AGL. Baiscally add your ATH & AGL together.. then divide by 2 and thats what you'd have.

30 ATH and 110 AGL is the same as 70 ATH 70AGL.. afaik anyway
---------------------------------------------------

I remember reading that. Thanks for bringing it to attention again, Dribble. I see Jest questions the authenticity of that as well as I do, and says he earlier has read other GM/Dev's statements that claims differently that what Lupus says in that post. I'd very much like a definitive notice from a GM about this. Lupus says afaik, and this would be easily testable. Have anyone tested it? I know they have. Am gonna do a search and post later.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78431&highlight=running+speed

Eric Draven at the bottom has some test info about this subject. Not sure how valuable or relevant it is right now, though, with changes going on rather often and all.

Dribble Joy
25-02-04, 12:49
While fps remains as a cause of runspeed erm.. speed, we cannot truely test it.
FPS is too unstable a statistic to base tests upon. Thus, speed tests across a zone/whatever aren't enoufgh at this point.

Thus, devs, give us a clue :p.

boneybob
25-02-04, 13:26
i cannot understand why Frames Per Second, being based on your own computers hardware AND mainly effecting what the user sees on thier own monitor effects how fast you run.

Sure, if you PC is shit; and you have a crapp processor, decrepid old hard disk, an old 56K PCI modem/PCI ISDN card with a poorly configured BIOS and an old wasted installation of your opperating system.... Then that WILL OBVIOULSY effect your run speed being that you computer is strugeling to run the game and its sending/reciveing buggers transmitions (game data packets) through the Net.
But if you PC is 100% Silicon SEX then it shouldent interfer with your run speed,...

Same applies to vehicle speed.

BB

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:30
Neocron runspeed skill formula;

0.2% AGL + 0.2% ATL + 0.6% FPS ¬.¬

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 13:42
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Neocron runspeed skill formula;

0.2% AGL + 0.2% ATL + 0.6% FPS ¬.¬

(100 AGL) = 20
(100 ATH) = 20
(20 FPS) = 12
------------------------

No wonder we all are snails in plaza. :(

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:45
Originally posted by Nightbrother
(100 AGL) = 20
(100 ATH) = 20
(20 FPS) = 12
------------------------

No wonder we all are snails in plaza. :( ¬.¬ denotes sarcasm :p

FPS effects runspeed, a little too much for my liking, is all I'm saying :)

Nightbrother
25-02-04, 13:47
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
¬.¬ denotes sarcasm :p

FPS effects runspeed, a little too much for my liking, is all I'm saying :)

Haha, I know. I was just having a bit of a laugh with your (scary) formula, QD. :D

/edit, nah, not your bad. I didn't indicate in any way that I was being ironic. :)

QuantumDelta
25-02-04, 13:48
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Haha, I know. I was just having a bit of a laugh with your (scary) formula, QD. :D My Bad :o

Lagos
25-02-04, 19:11
it is - thats the reason I can put up a good fight against devourer tanks as long as my fps are good (and I'm not freezed ...). OP fight + 10 fps + devourer tank = quick death for me.

it affects RoF too, which is why using liberator at OP wars is quite useless (if you get shit fps like I do).

greets, Lagos.

Psyco Groupie
25-02-04, 19:13
lmao dont spread rumours QD

its more like 80 %

Elric
25-02-04, 19:26
aye,l low FPS can fuck over yer rate of fire too. Quite a pain in the ass when it comes to TSG's, Libs and other high speed weapons.